As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We don't actually build or mine anymore, we just play with cats all day. Minecraft!

19495969798100»

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    Update!

Well, I found those blocks Justin was talking about:

Ruins.png

And...that seems to be it. I dug around them and found nothing of note. I dug a spiral down to 11 and found some pretty awesome caverns while looking around and a ravine with lava at the bottom, but no sign of any stronghold. No idea how or why those blocks got there. I left them there; the spiral down is beneath it if anyone else wants to look around, dig up resources, etc. I guess this makes me a silly goose.

So anyway, we have three strongholds? Where are they at? I only know of the one in the desert that can be accessed by going down West Road.

Lawd, you're asking me to remember something?

There's one out past Nukagora in the general proximity of the oddly phallic mountain citadel. That one I helped light and sign up, back in Ye Olde Days of this map. There's the desert stronghold. There's...another one. Somewhere. I remember it being found but not by who.

They were generated so early they all lack End Gates (thank the Lord).

Found a load of these in one of the jungles about a month ago, dug down and found a ravine but no stronghold

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    I only did a little bit of testing with two small areas, but it looks like the problem with the lag and massive tick drop rate when someone is exploring new territory is gone. Both times when I entered a previous ungenerated area the tick rate stayed at 20 and no one reported any lag problems.

• Options
    FerretFerret Registered User regular
    It's about time for a new thread and witty title.

Remember 12/21/2012 when the doctor saved us all once again.
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Dibs.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    "Notch's a poop. Minecraft!"

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    OP is in the chamber.

And by "in the chamber," I mean I have copy/pasta'd all the relevant information, and now stand ready to regurgitate it for another 100 pages.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    buttes

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    OP is in the chamber.

And by "in the chamber," I mean I have copy/pasta'd all the relevant information, and now stand ready to regurgitate it for another 100 pages.

Let Nuka or another admin do it so we can edit it if necessary brosephus.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    OP is in the chamber.

Let Nuka or another admin do it so we can edit it if necessary brosephus.

Sigh.

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    FiskavFiskav Registered User regular
    I can't seem to be able to connect to the server.

Probably just a temporary problem.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The station block at 46,220 is broken. I was traveling towards spawn, to /st east -s and it stopped me asking which direction to go.
    I tried looking for the maintenance route to it, but for the life of me could not find it.

Also, my friend RangerMauve is glitched out and every time he spawns he falls into an endless void and gets kicked out of the server.
    He kindly asks you to delete his player profile.

Fiskav wrote: »
    I can't seem to be able to connect to the server.

Probably just a temporary problem.

I connected just fine. O.O Seems to be on your end.

JpsCrazy on
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Wanted-Poster-Fronteir-Battlefront.jpg

This bounty has been Completed!

With brave determination, two of our stalwart hunters braved the wilds of the Frontier to put a stop to the terrible portal to the Dark One's realm that emerged within meters of the Great Frontier Road! After working their way through the Dark One's terrible traps and pitfalls, they were able to locate the terrestrial remains of a lost Inquisitor that were used as an anchor to keep the portal open.

Items.png

Mayabird, bravely took up the task both as a Hunter and as an established Inquisitor. For her, this journey was not just one of necessity and duty, but one of vengeance. PvtCaboose, one of our brightest Hunters to date, also took this task as his second bounty and has gone far in making a name for himself amongst the Hunter community.

Lets all thank Mayabird and PvtCaboose for their bravery and sacrifice in protecting our world. Rewards for both will be waiting for them in assigned chests within the Hunter's Guild in New Harbor, Ispawnbul.

And keep watch on the forums, brave Hunters! More bounties will likely be posted in the near future! If there is one thing we can count on it is this: The Dark One never rests, and neither do the Hunters!

• Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    So, I desperately need more sandstone. (...how the hell you guys made such massive above ground rail roads is beyond me. I tip my hat to whoever did it without creative.)
    If you're willing to trade large amounts of sandstone (or sandx4) I'd love to make some sort of deal. Just PM me or talk to me in game.
    I already bought all the sandstone from the CX and will soon be buying sand...
    Thanks ahead of time!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    JPS, you can get a solid inventory of sand in about 10 minutes, sandstone in about an hour. (Plus enchanting time)/

1) Get a diamond shovel
    2) give it an enchantment at level 30-35 (about an hour at the Callahan grinder)
    3) find a remote desert to mine

If you get any unbreaking/efficiency combo (particularly 3 or above) you can clear dozens of rows of sand faster than they can fall. If you look at the desert by my build (-325, 610), you will note the flat sandstone floor I have yet to mine. The sand on top was cleared in about 10 minutes for about 7 or 8 chunks.

Then the bonus is that once the sand is gone, you can pick out the sandstone (lots and lots of sandstone) quickly with a basic pickaxe.

I use a ton of sandstone also for this build, which is why I have such a massive quarry. That said, its not time extensive at all once you find your own desert to clear and I would very much recommend doing it this way than purchasing.

Enc on
  • Options
    Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    So when is somebody building a hunters headquarters in Ispawnbul?

• Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    whenever you guys want to get round to it, go right ahead. (enc has a hunters place, isnt that the HQ? on the docks, near the pyramid.)

also, im out for a few days. behave while i'm gone or i'll thump you all.

• Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    Z113y.png

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    What is this?

• Options
    Part of the amazing world of technic mod.

Also, the Hunters Guild has a building in New Harbor, Ispawnbul. Its the building with all the gold inside.

• Options
    Enc wrote: »
    Part of the amazing world of technic mod.
    Is it?

I just took it from a tweet from Jeb.

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    Or maybe it's money? Buying and selling to villagers?

• Options
    Huh, looks an awful lot like the trading in technic to me, with the red thing being a ruby.

• Options
    RehtaehRehtaeh Registered User regular
    Just wondering where we are on the paralell world idea (new server but not delete the old)... My sis and I were so dissappointed the other night when we found out all the strongholds had been found, and before end gates were even in game. :(

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    That's not the ruby from the technic pack.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Huh, looks an awful lot like the trading in technic to me, with the red thing being a ruby.

It's similar but the millenaire dialogue is different so I don't think it's technic.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    That ore block to the right doesn't quite look like redstone...

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    TymoraTymora Registered User regular
    When the new thread is created - can [Minecraft] be at the front of the title pizzles? =< I find it easier to scan straight down the thread names.

Also I vote you quote the dwarfs song from Snow White in it. I found the lyrics, I am that sad. (bold is awesome verse)
    We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig in our mine the whole day through
    To dig dig dig dig dig dig dig is what we really like to do
    It ain't no trick to get rich quick
    If you dig dig dig with a shovel or a pick
    In a mine! In a mine! In a mine! In a mine!
    Where a million diamonds shine!

We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig from early morn till night
    We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig up everything in sight
    We dig up diamonds by the score
    A thousand rubies, sometimes more
    But we don't know what we dig 'em for
    We dig dig dig a-dig dig

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
    Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
    Heigh-ho

Chorus
    Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
    It's home from work we go
    (Whistle)

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho

(Chorus)

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
    (Whistle)

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
    Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
    Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
    Heigh-ho hum

(Chorus three times)

Heigh-ho (until fade)

"The difference between virtuality and life is very simple. In a construct you know everything is being run by an all-powerful machine. Reality doesn't offer this assurance, so it's very easy to develop the mistaken impression that you're in control."

QUELLCRIST FALCONER
    Ethics on the Precipice
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    When we start a new map can spawn town be on a giant mountain

Giant mountains are cool

Almost as cool as active volcanoes

This discussion has been closed.