Options

Aliens: How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    noooooo

I mouthed off too much in this thread and I walked into the other room and my sister was watching avatar

the universe is a cruel sort

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    FCD wrote:
    SimBen wrote:
    Also have people mentioned that the entire concept of the Aliens is that they represent rape?

In the first one, Lambert dies by an Alien tail up her ass.

Thank you! Man. I mention this to people, they're all "what, that doesn't happen."

It uses the tail to rip her clothes off - cause when Ripley finally arrives, you see Lambert's naked leg/foot dripping with blood. How do people not get that? :/

And if that wasn't clue enough, there's that final scream she makes. You know, that horrible one that becomes all gurgly and then goes super high pitched at the end. That pretty much makes it clear as crystal.

No.

No, it doesn't.
    Ashoka wrote:
    What I want to know is, in years to come are we going to call it Alien: Prometheus (A:P). It might not have Alien in the title but it is clearly an Alien film set in the Alien universe, just no actual Xenomorphs on screen. Though i'd say we're gonna get eggs and/or facehuggers. It's clearly part of the franchise, it's not just some generic sci-fi movie called Prometheus.

Let's not call it that, because that would probably give me cancer.

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Just remember, Dichotomy

four years later, Pandora is nuclear glass

let that comfort you

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    You know I was thinking, are the aliens in aliens really that dangerous? I mean they seem desperate to keep them off Earth. But if you replace all the aliens in the aliens films with Polar Bears, I think you'd see the same results. Without all the mouth rape though.

I guess what I'm really saying is that the most dangerous animal, is kill all Polar Bears.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I think its the cunning malevolence factor, I bet you put a polar bear on gigantic clanking sprawling spaceship and it's just going to sit around a lot. Also it dosn't need to jam its ebryonic young down your neckhole to reproduce. Plus if you shoot it in the face its blood probably won't melt through the hull, unless I know way less about polar bears than I thought I did.

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Alien = Polar Bear on a fishing boat.
    Alien 3 = Polar Bear in jail

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    CG FaggotryCG Faggotry BristolRegistered User regular
    I am one of the few that liked Alien 3. Mainly because of Charles Dance.

bulbesssigfinal.jpg
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    well

the aliens are a species that lives only to reproduce by finding a living host, raping them in their face and then hatching out of the host's chest

their secondary objective is to kill anything that gets in the way of that

so essentially their entire existence revolves around murdering everything around them, so a bit more dangerous than a polar bear yes

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    yeah polar bears don't reproduce when they eat you

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote:
    well

the aliens are a species that lives only to reproduce by finding a living host, raping them in their face and then hatching out of the host's chest

so essentially their entire existence revolves around murdering everything around them, so a bit more dangerous than a polar bear yes

but bears thrive on murder

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote:
    Vann Diras wrote:
    well

bears thrive on honey and sleeping for a really long time

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote:
    PiptheFair wrote:
    Vann Diras wrote:
    well

you're thinking of mexican bees

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote:
    PiptheFair wrote:
    Vann Diras wrote:
    well

And being chums with British schoolchildren.

Maybe that's only stuffed ones, though.

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote:
    Vann Diras wrote:
    PiptheFair wrote:
    Vann Diras wrote:
    well

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    mexican beads?

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    Knob wrote:
    Interviews with giger about the creature design are super creepy

He's a weird fucking duck

One of my christmas presents was a book of Giger art and a lot of info. Look at his eyes.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    mexican beads?

anal beads, then?

• Options
    MongooseMongoose Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    mexican beads?

No, mexican bees.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    anal bees?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Now we're cooking with fire

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    buzz buzz in the butt

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    I'm calling Nick Cage. He needs money we can make this happen.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    Druhim wrote:
    mexican beads?

oh fuck you this is a great joke

• Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote:
    Dichotomy wrote:
    all the space creatures of the space forest show up to aid the space indians and the human military just keeps shooting and everything dies

shot after shot of beautiful alien corpses piling up

then the evil military guy takes a long drag on a cigar and puts it out on the fairy girl from fern gully

credits

This should be the way the last half hour of the movie plays out in the Director's Cut
    Or the human millitary arrives and glasses the planet.

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote:
    Dichotomy wrote:
    all the space creatures of the space forest show up to aid the space indians and the human military just keeps shooting and everything dies

shot after shot of beautiful alien corpses piling up

then the evil military guy takes a long drag on a cigar and puts it out on the fairy girl from fern gully

credits

This should be the way the last half hour of the movie plays out in the Director's Cut
    Or the human millitary arrives and glasses the planet.

It's a habitable moon, actually.

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    I don't know why I do that.

• Options
    CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Damn

I wish Avatar had been space Aztecs instead. That could have been really badass.

Eywa is angry and she wants your hearts

Crowbawt on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    So I've been playing that Aliens DS game, Infestation

It's pretty good you guys!

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I can't stomach Avatar at all

It's one of the most syrupy movies ever

"oh yeah to beat the humans we need to go back to the land maaaaaaan"

Fuck off.

You know how they should have ended that film? The humans get kicked out, Sam Worthington gets changed into his furry body, then he nicks his big toe on a sharp rock and dies in agony three days later of a virulent infection because they don't have any medical technology more advanced than smush up a plant and then eat it/rub it on you/do a magic dance.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Ugh, of all the objections to Avatar thats the one I cant stomach.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    My problem with avatar was that is was like four hundred years long.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    it was two and a half hours long, which is average with movies these days. It just felt longer because you didnt like it.

Prohass on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Well I mean

It's badly written and plotted as well

And the characters are one-dimensional

And the premise is pretty sketchy

But that is just the main thing that grinds my gears. Humans = Good. Aliens = Bad. You want to be a good human? Be more like the aliens in every way! Basically, there is no balance. There is no intelligent, sensitive weighing of the situation and both sides and how there are good guys working for the company trying to do a job or actually help the aliens, and bad aliens who really are just xenophobic anti-progressives. It's all just so simplistic. And I say this as someone who likes to read about superheroes beat up bad guys.

Also, the whole "the only way to true peace/understanding/enlightenment/great sex is to live in perfect harmony with the land." Yeah well you kind of have an advantage there in that you can actually, you know, connect your brains to your giant, world-spanning ecosystem and ask it for what you want. Which is kind of unique to you.

(posthuman paradise, I'm telling you)

Solar on
  • Options
    It didn't help that is was predictable as hell.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Solar wrote:
    Well I mean

It's badly written and plotted as well

And the characters are one-dimensional

And the premise is pretty sketchy

But that is just the main thing that grinds my gears. Humans = Good. Aliens = Bad. You want to be a good human? Be more like the aliens in every way! Basically, there is no balance. There is no intelligent, sensitive weighing of the situation and both sides and how there are good guys working for the company trying to do a job or actually help the aliens, and bad aliens who really are just xenophobic anti-progressives.

There actually is one scene in the extended edition, wherein the Na'vi straightup murder a bunch of marines before any hostilities break out, so it shows you that there is animosity and cyclical-violence on both sides. It annoys me they took it out.

There is balance, Sigourney Weaver's character is a perfect example of this. She understands that there is something physiological going on beyond the spiritual stuff. The main company guy (not the military dude, who is a classic disney evil character, and plays it well and is a lot of fun) does seem genuinly remorseful at what he has to do despite his bravado, but the pressure from a company which represents a dying earth is too great.

If you want to ignore the details and just give a footnotes version you can mangle any movie into simplicity. Im not saying its a fucking masterpiece but its a solid action-sci-fi in a world of Transformers and other garbage ill take Avatar.

Prohass on
  • Options
    Luckily for the aliens who are so much like humans they probably share more DNA than chimpanzees, Sam Worthington showed up to become a better alien in six months than any of them who'd been aliens their whole lives.

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

• Options
    Oh yeah it's by no means as bad as Transformers, I don't think anyone could say that.

I mean at least it has a plot and characters and an interesting setting and action scenes that make sense.

Transformers is garbage.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I actually got some form of entertainment from transformers as opposed to avatar

as shitty as the transformers movies were, there were more exciting and fun moments in them

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just dont get this animosity towards the film, which I assume comes mainly from how popular it was, which was because of its simplicity and universality. It is a sci-fi fantasy with disney overtones, enjoy it for that, getting all worked up about post-colonial patronising of indigenous peoples and the message that respecting (or 'going back' to) nature is flawed is just so goddamn silly, and assuming its left-wing American-centric nonsense that ignores the nuances of life and the human condition is kinda funny given how fucking phenomenally well it did internationally, used as a banner and a calling card for a lot of environmental and rights groups, particularly in China and India,etc.

Avatar may be boring to you, but I found Transformers more boring, 'opinions horrah' isnt really what im looking to argue here.

In peoples rush to be super-sensitive about post-colonialism we kind of arrogantly dismiss stories that actually appeal to oppressed groups we're trying to protect from our reduction of them to simple stereotypes.

now, this is seperate to the fact that its a bad film and 1 dimensionality and poor story and plotting etc, it jsut grinds my gears when people act all high and mighty because they've seen through the hippy bullshit and are super enlightened about why Avatar is flawed. Its just a big dumb movie with a 'free willy' environmental theme, its not claiming to have all the solutions, and if you think it did, you watched a different movie to me.

Prohass on
  • Options
    Prohass wrote:
    It is a sci-fi fantasy with disney overtones, enjoy it for that, getting all worked up about post-colonial patronising of indigenous peoples and the message that respecting (or 'going back' to) nature is flawed is just so goddamn silly

Why? It's painfully fucking stupid at best, I reckon it deserves comment.