Options

Resolutions of the New Year Variety. What have you already broken?

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Oh, another thing: Gotta get my driver's license and get a year-round job. Just having a summer job isn't quite cutting it, and with that much extra cash from a job, I could actually start putting some real money into savings, especially now that I've bought pretty much everything I could want as far as hobbies go. I applied to a few places in December, but never heard back from any. Oh well, I'll keep trying. I'm a legal adult now, gotta start moving forward with my life like one.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm going to try and hit that 160 by May, should be able to given how fast I've lost weight before

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Callius wrote:
    Usagi wrote:
    I will be taking better care of myself this year, both physically and mentally

Which means learning to say no to stuff when I already have a mountain of things to accomplish

Are you also going to punch Druhim in the gut every few days to reassert your dominance? You must show that you are Alpha or he's just going to walk all over you (and probably pee on your couch).

I prefer ass-slapping to gut-punching, but sure!

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    eat like i ate in the summer all the time, because i got lazy and fat in the last 3-4 months
    maybe get a new job or at the very least figure out what it is i want to do instead of working my job for the sake of working it
    stop being so negative
    clean my room...
    girls? maybe that too

thats a lot of things!

poo
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote:
    i am pretty much going to not make any achievements

Not even in video game or whatever

Scratch that.

Typing that at 4 am, on my netbook, in the throes of sin as I was, is an achievement in, and of, itself.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Shit I forgot I need to learn how to drive and get my license.

Gain moar weight too.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    If it makes you feel any better, Muse, you'll probably get yours before I get mine.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Tonkka wrote:
    Tonkka wrote:

Scratch that.

Typing that at 4 am, on my netbook, in the throes of sin as I was, is an achievement in, and of, itself.

You were posting while doing anal?

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    Tonkka wrote:
    Tonkka wrote:

Scratch that.

All my posts are anal posts.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Tonkka wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Tonkka wrote:
    Tonkka wrote:

Scratch that.

All my posts are anal posts.

Well they do stink

• Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote:
    Callius wrote:
    Usagi wrote:

Which means learning to say no to stuff when I already have a mountain of things to accomplish

Are you also going to punch Druhim in the gut every few days to reassert your dominance? You must show that you are Alpha or he's just going to walk all over you (and probably pee on your couch).

Sorry. I try not to think about Dru's butt.

tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    Callius wrote:
    Usagi wrote:
    Callius wrote:
    Usagi wrote:

Sorry. I try not to think about Dru's butt.

It's a losing battle for me

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Shit I forgot I need to learn how to drive and get my license.

Gain moar weight too.

Got eat some loaves of bread right now

5 right now

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Get to vote for something finally (it took 3 different tries over the course of months to succesfully register to vote).

It's a pretty neat experience. Congratulations by the way! Sorry it took three tries!

I got my voter registration information for this past election AFTER the election date. OH TEXAS!

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I may as well resolve to pick up my languages. I grew up speaking Spanish and it has gotten rusty, and my writing isn't the best because I never learned how to do so formally. Likewise I became quite good at Italian and can still read it but I've let everything else gather rust in the past year. I am at this hazy point where I don't need to start from the foundations but I don't quite know where I am in progression. I don't really know what it is that I need to do to improve, does anyone have any suggestions.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I may as well resolve to pick up my languages. I grew up speaking Spanish and it has gotten rusty, and my writing isn't the best because I never learned how to do so formally. Likewise I became quite good at Italian and can still read it but I've let everything else gather rust in the past year. I am at this hazy point where I don't need to start from the foundations but I don't quite know where I am in progression. I don't really know what it is that I need to do to improve, does anyone have any suggestions.

Rosetta Stone is amazing. You can either start it from the beginning of the lessons or hop to anywhere in the program and it's all immersive learning. You probably get a student discount, too.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Muse you're pretty ambitious with all the stuff you want to learn.

• Options
    I don't think I am being ambitious about the languages but it would be a damn shame if I never improved at them. If I was really being ambitious I would tackle French and Portuguese, attack all the Romance languages (as it is, without any formal training or exposure to it beyond 6 when I watched Brasilian cartoons, I can read Portuguese fairly well and understand it okay). Sharpening my Spanish and Italian is just something I have to do because fuck it why not? It won't be that hard I am just lazy.

If I had more motivation I would pick up Japanese again because it is a really fun language with a nifty structure.

• Options
    Knowing as much Portuguese as you do means you know more than I really should, especially since my grandparents only spoke / speak it. Also if I knew it I'd be able to play a bunch of games online and not be thrown in for a loop with the Brazilian people. Also I don't know Spanish. I suck at heritage. In my defense, neither of my parents tried to instill any culture in me, let alone the languages their families speak.

I took German in highschool, for all the good it ever served me and I even learned some Japanese in a class in middleschool. Never retained the knowledge of either. It's like all the math I learned; don't use it, forget it. The thing I don't like about Japanese is the little amount of wiggle room to express yourself. As complicated as English is, there's plenty of words available to emphasize things in varying ways.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I would love to learn some new languages. But I am too lazy to take classes. And the incentive is kind of lacking when 90% of people I will ever meet will speak English. I think if I was gonna do it I'd do it by going to live in a foreign country for a year and see what happens.

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Usagi wrote:

:D

skettios on
  • Options
    LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    Hey youse guise!

Maybe I should make a thread for this (or find the old weightloss thread), but those of you who want to get in shape and lose some winter fluff should join me on Fitocracy! I'm using it to hold myself accountable for my daily workouts, and since it gamifies the experience, I'm also driven by the compulsive need to get cheevos and gain levels.

My username is Lexxercise. It's in its beta, so I might have to invite you in order for you to be able to sign up (not sure, my brother invited me). If so, just let me know if you're interested :>

• Options
    godmode wrote:

Rosetta Stone is amazing. You can either start it from the beginning of the lessons or hop to anywhere in the program and it's all immersive learning. You probably get a student discount, too.

I messed around with Rosetta Stone once, to see if I could pick up my German where I left off in high school

I couldn't get over the beginning sentences that were all like "The dog is sitting on the airplane wing" "The boy is under the table" "A ball fell from the sky"

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote:
    Seeing what I can mess up in kochis apartment without her noticing before I leave.

steal leonard then bring him to me in euge\ne and we will smoke a fat J for amphibians everywhere

Just checked
    still have Leonard

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Step one is to finish all the projects I have left over from 2011, then it's time for a fresh start.

- Draw more, get more criticism
    - Relax more, stop being so goddamn antisocial
    - Become a tutor at university
    - Get a gym membership, gain weight
    - Change banks
    - Ask at least one person out
    - Volunteer at the local hospital
    - Write at least three journal entries a week
    - Learn as much of everything as possible without distracting from drawing (writing and programming come first, also cooking, driving and public speaking)
    - Save money to move out
    - Email cool people
    - Waste less time
    - Post on the forums more

2102 Lets make this hapen.

EDIT:
    Noggin wrote:
    Bucketman wrote:
    start learning a martial art
    start learning the violin

I misread "start learning the martial violin".

That'd be something.

Sure, but like any martial art violins is the last resort.

Flay on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    tenet

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    let's make this more definite:

get rid of the gut enough so i can see 1 pair of visible ab muscles
    deadlift 350+ by eoy
    get laid i guess
    get a new job or apply to grad school

there

those are all very achievable goals

poo
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Happy New Year you geese, you.

I had to say it here since I was out of town and reallllly drunk over the actual holiday.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I might resolve to not take the bar exam

I could stick to that pretty easily

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    What? No, get lawyered up.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    mmmmmmmmmnope

I can throw three grand into a bar exam prep course to qualify myself for no jobs

or I can try to get a job in finance or management relying on my JD to prove that I understand finance and corporate organization

why would I want to be an attorney?

• Options
    CymrilCymril Son, we just crossed the street. Registered User regular
    Considering my grandfather died in his fifties of a heart attack and my uncle had to have a triple bypass over Christmas, I'm going to start eating heart healthy, ASAP.

And, I guess, start looking around for some special treatments or procedures to assist healing, because I'm getting pretty sick of this huge unhealing wound in the center of my chest, which, by the way, will celebrate its 1 year anniversary on the 7th of January. Even though it heals, another will open up somewhere else, and my doctors' approach of 'wait until they open and try to fix them if they don't heal within a month' isn't doing wonders for my health or my self-image.

Shut up Francis. Something about Vietnam. Horseshit.

D3: Cymril#1411 || League of Legends/Steam/Xbox/Origin: Cymril
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Cymril wrote:
    Considering my grandfather died in his fifties of a heart attack and my uncle had to have a triple bypass over Christmas, I'm going to start eating heart healthy, ASAP.

And, I guess, start looking around for some special treatments or procedures to assist healing, because I'm getting pretty sick of this huge unhealing wound in the center of my chest, which, by the way, will celebrate its 1 year anniversary on the 7th of January. Even though it heals, another will open up somewhere else, and my doctors' approach of 'wait until they open and try to fix them if they don't heal within a month' isn't doing wonders for my health or my self-image.

The trick to succeeding in sort of thing is doing everything you can, not attempting things you blatantly can't. We are creatures of habit

Swap to apples instead of candy for your sugar kick and drop soda as best you can. I've found riding my bike and buying a small bottle or can and drinking it out of a smaller glass means I'm less inclined to smash 3 a day. Because 3 glasses of coke a day is suddenly just 1 bottle.

Also, if it's from a packet, odds are you could get something better for yourself. Just think about that when you go down the quick food aisle. "I could easily do better than this".

• Options
    webofinkwebofink Registered User regular
    Alrighty, what have you guys already broken.

It's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I wanna resolve to go to bed earlier.

Not sleeping til 12:30 every night and waking up at 7 is doing me no favors, healthwise

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Then go to bed Dave.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    My resolution is to waste less time on the internet. Unfortunately this isn't a quantifiable goal that's easy to track.

I tend to spend way too much time on the internet doing absolutely nothing. I'll check my bookmarked threads in the forums, then check the forums themselves, then check my bookmarked threads again, repeat a few times. Then I go to cracked.com or tumblr or even TVTropes for no reason.

So I'm still going to use the internet, but I'm going to stop wasting time. I'll check my email/facebook, check the forums, check my favourite webcomics and then step away from my computer unless there is something that I need to do.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    webofink wrote:
    I'll probably go back to the gym again, like I do every year.

I'd also like to play any one of my numerous guitars more, but they're all in storage until we sell the house.

Oh. Selling the house. That's a resolution.

Hm. Maybe I'll start that other webcomic that's going to be fresh and revolutionary.

What about you? What promises will you break by mid January?

@webofink I reckon one of your resolutions should be to finally come out and hang with us some time this year, you slacker!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Read that pretty quickly and thought you said "come and hang yourself"

whoops

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I think I'm going to start a blog wherein I review clothes that I wear

I will call it Hibiscus and High Tops

ikbUJdU.jpg