As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Beej Diet [Weight Loss and Fitness]

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Did you injure it in the past or is it just weirdo pains?

(Also thank you, if I could afford a plane ticket I would do that.)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I thought I pulled it back then, so I took a few weeks off of running and then I got sick so I've only started running again these past couple of months, and it's been hurting for a couple of weeks. Now it hurts even when I'm not running, so I dunno if I re-injured it or what.

(Anytime.)

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    LS, did you mean 21k?

• Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    I've gone from 315 to 253 since mid-November just by trying to eat less and spending about 45 minutes on my stationary bike most days. I started a while before I actually weighed myself so I wouldn't be surprised if total loss is over 80.

Also been doing some pushups/situps/light weight training(I only have 2 3kg weights haha) and have arm, shoulder and slight pec muscles for the first time.

Feels good man.

4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    LS, did you mean 21k?

Nah man I got yelled at for doing kilometers last time so I converted it this time

I did 34 kilometers

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Also jesus christ all drunk me wanted to do was eat a granola bar and this packaging is REALLY DIFFICULT

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    drunk me usually just wants more beer, which is also a bad idea. also weighing yourself after a night of drinking is fun, you're so dehydrated you get to see a nice low number
    Metacortex wrote: »
    I've gone from 315 to 253 since mid-November just by trying to eat less and spending about 45 minutes on my stationary bike most days. I started a while before I actually weighed myself so I wouldn't be surprised if total loss is over 80.

Also been doing some pushups/situps/light weight training(I only have 2 3kg weights haha) and have arm, shoulder and slight pec muscles for the first time.

Feels good man.

hell yeah brother

• Options
    I will never weigh myself after drinking

Actually I would just prefer to never weigh myself at all because I am always always depressed by it, all the time, forever

Good news is I got the wrapper open and ate the shit out of that granola bar! Yeah. Fuck you granola bar.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    now you've convinced me to have a granola bar as breakfast. maybe I will have some cottage cheese with it why not

• Options
    Why not indeed. Eat that cottage cheese.

Ours went bad but I ate it a little anyway before throwing it out.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    I feel like when they do personality tests this should be its own type.

The "Eats expired food anyway cause why not" type.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    doing this core training stuff to prepare for kayaking hmmm

also i think somehow i strained something in my shoulder yesterday or maybe while sleeping on it weird cuz i woke up at 3am and it was painful, though it is less bad now

poo
  • Options
    living on my own has taught me that expiration dates are very much just loose suggestions. also I put together my pullup bar last night, gonna try to break my incredibly impressive record of 5 chinups today

• Options
    nice

i'd love a home pull up bar, my chin up #s have been going up but if i could just pop out a few every day it'd go up a lot more i think

poo
  • Options
    I think I'd die if I tried to do them every day. I usually do a few sets after walking home from the gym, so it ends up being three times a week

• Options
    i just knocked water all over my desk flailing around

poo
  • Options
    was the flailing some form of training for your kayak adventure?

• Options
    i was fucking around with a broom handle and doing twisty things

oops

poo
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    MvZev.jpg

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    PRETTY MUCH

poo
  • Options
    THATS ME

poo
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Rounding out week 3 of Insanity with 6 pounds lost. Feels good!

Just finished week 6, body weight the same as when I started just a lot less fat and noticeably more muscle (I think I've added 1/2" to my calf size and I can actually feel abs now)

• Options
    im doing some of the insanity workouts that my friend recommended to me to prepare

is tough, and i have to avoid some of the higher impact bits

but that guy is cheesy, yet charismatic, and i like him

poo
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    How is it then that I still feel gross and fat! Harrible.

If it's any consolation, you haven't looked anything but skinny when I've seen you in TC.

Been pretty lazy re:working out lately. Getting up at 545 am to commute is sapping my will to do anything when I get home but sleep.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    Thinking about picking up tai chi or MMA. My buddy is a member of the "local" (Local being a 30 min drive away) MMA group, but he's gonna go away to study so I wouldn't know anyone except his brother there.
    Wish I had more friends that exercised.

• Options
    urgh i wanna go to the gym and hit the erg for a bit before dinner but cant find my headphones... gonna be so boring

poo
  • Options
    oh nevermind, they ended up in my underwear drawer somehow

poo
  • Options
    living on my own has taught me that expiration dates are very much just loose suggestions. also I put together my pullup bar last night, gonna try to break my incredibly impressive record of 5 chinups today

I did it, I did 6 chinups in a row, hooray

• Options
    Jogging out my booze from last night was a hell of a thing this morning

Eughhh the humidity and the faint lingering smell of cigarettes in my hair

Euuughhhh

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Went riding around the neighborhood this morning to help get a feel for the new bike. Not used to only having brake triggers in the drop grips.

WsL6C.jpg

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    So @Weaver, the ghost bike doing okay then?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Got the gears tuned, new tires and rims set. The original seat is kinda growing on me. I just need new pedals, and the biggest thing is those brakes. I can barely reach them with two fingers on each hand. Can't pump any more money into it this month, but next month, new pedals and a full replacement of the braking system with both drop and center bar triggers. In the mean time, I can toss a few bucks at a wire brush and some rustoleum or whatever, to treat the rust.

• Options
    went on kayaking class

was good

pretty long, spent a good time on land just drilling stuff with paddles / talking about technique, which was actually very good
    talked about the kayaks and whatnot
    then went out on the water and did stuff for a bit

i had a chance to practice a wet exit, but 1) i had forgotten a towel, 2) it was the hudson river next to 23rd st in manhattan
    so i declined.. but seems straightfoward enough.. i'll practice another time

anyway, i think i did well overall, and i will go on a few more trips before my big trip

my technique is pretty decent except i am bad at not keeping tension in my shoulders, which isnt surprising, i carry a lot of tension there anyway... gotta work on relaxing that shit so i dont tire myself out from that

poo
  • Options
    SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    Oh man, free day... I haven't really taken a real free day, but today, oh no. Mint Juleps, pancakes, bacon, and cookies. all the cookies. all of them! Damn you trader joes cookies! I'm not drunk still, but it was a good drunk.

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Anyone use Fitocracy

It's a thing I have started to use to coax myself to work out in tiny bursts

• Options
    I signed up but barely ever use it... I think assorted other folks hereabouts use it though!

Also I do use My Fitness Pal and we can be buds on that if you want!

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Apparently I have lost 10 pounds since Florida.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    That seems like more of a diet thing? Does it have exercise tracking stuff or is it just calorie counting?

• Options
    You add in calories and also exercise.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Ok I have joined my fitness pal, I am lastsyllable

This discussion has been closed.