As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The highly classy [Tea and Cake] thread

KlykaKlyka DO you have anySPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Social Entropy++
tandc.JPG

So I watched/played some stuff recently that has reminded me that for the entire last year I haven't gone to a nice and quiet café and just had a delicious cup of tea with some cake.
I used to really enjoy this with a girl I liked, but we've since had a falling out and don't talk anymore.

So what is your favorite tea and cake to relax/enjoy life with?

I really love Vanilla flavored tea and cheese cake. It makes me feel pretty swell and who cares if it's girly when it puts a smile on your face?

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
lTDyp.jpg
Klyka on

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i don't have cake but i have like 10 kinds of teas

tea is good

poo
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    oh god

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So many teas, so little time! My go to tea is a quality yunnan, but we also have a good cake of pu-erh that I really like. I'm not as big of a fan of green tea as Jess is, but I do really like good jasmine tea and genmaicha can also be really good.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    When I was in high school I got to go to London for a week or so for New Years.

Like the second-to-last day of the trip my mom and I decided to have tea in the dining room of the hotel we were staying it.

It was amazingly relaxing.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Druhim wrote:
    So many teas, so little time! My go to tea is a quality yunnan, but we also have a good cake of pu-erh that I really like. I'm not as big of a fan of green tea as Jess is, but I do really like good jasmine tea and genmaicha can also be really good.

Jess?

I actually have a female friend called Jess who really loves tea and always brings me some new flavor she found.

And I don't understand how people can like women who don't like tea. I once went out with a girl and she said "But tea is just hot water with flavor." I never saw her again.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    yeah, Usagi

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    V9d7A.jpg

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Amy and I met a new friend somewhat recently who runs a business making her own blends of specialty teas. Amy got me a sampler pack for Christmas and they are some excellent teas indeed. The prices are quite reasonable and the tea is certainly high quality. I highly recommend that you check out her store and order some tea.

http://fridaytea.com/

I am particularly fond of the Rebecca's Orange Spice.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Coke and Cake does not mix well.

Now COCAINE and cake? Awesome.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    zebra1.gif

• Options
    Also, I got a nice tea kettle for Christmas as well. There's something satisfying about putting on water for tea and hearing that whistle when it's ready.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The Geek wrote:
    Amy and I met a new friend somewhat recently who runs a business making her own blends of specialty teas. Amy got me a sampler pack for Christmas and they are some excellent teas indeed. The prices are quite reasonable and the tea is certainly high quality. I highly recommend that you check out her store and order some tea.

http://fridaytea.com/

I am particularly fond of the Rebecca's Orange Spice.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
    We have this specialized tea shop in town where I swing by every now and then. It's pretty great to sample the tea leaves aroma beforehand :D

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Paging @Liiya

I had blueberry tea from a shop yesterday and it was pretty good. Took ages to get made though, for some reason. They serve English Breakfast there though so I have to go back some time.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    I really want to eat some fresh, hot cheese cake with slowly melting cream on top again.
    If only the weather here wasn't so shitty all the time, ugh.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Coffee goes well with cakes.

• Options
    I've never tried cheesecake hot.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I've never heard of cheesecake being eaten hot

• Options
    Yukira wrote:

Coffee is the devil's urine and I'll thank you not to sully this thread of classy, refined beverages with your talk of heathen swill.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    coffee is for men

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    cinnamon tea and peppermint tea is good.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote:
    Yukira wrote:

Coffee is the devil's urine and I'll thank you not to sully this thread of classy, refined beverages with your talk of heathen swill.

HAIL SATAN

FEED ME YOUR BOILING BITTER BLACK URINE AND LET ME CRUSH MY TEA SIPPING FOES

• Options
    BugBoy wrote:
    I've never heard of cheesecake being eaten hot

It's super delicious.
    When the cheesecake has cooled after a few hours, I sometimes put it in the microwave for just 20 seconds or so. Makes it warm/hot again and still tastes good.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Skull Man wrote:
    coffee is for men

Yes it is.

• Options
    LorctheOrcLorctheOrc Registered User regular
    real men drink tea only in a chakai only uncivilized proles drink this piss you call tea in shops after a 2-minute wait

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I'll have to try heating up cheesecake the next time I have some. I've always desired it ice cold. I'm open to new delicious ideas.

Tea is better than coffee in general. I am very happy the coffee machine the breakroom where I work dispenses hot water, because I would much rather have the bold, or delicate, or whichever flavors of delicious tea.

Syphyre on
  • Options
    And tea is for intelligent men.

Yay!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Rolo wrote:
    The Geek wrote:
    Yukira wrote:

HAIL SATAN

FEED ME YOUR BOILING BITTER BLACK URINE AND LET ME CRUSH MY TEA SIPPING FOES

tumblr_lack4uH2AV1qb471co1_500.jpg

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I really like Gunpowder green tea

Haven't had any in forever, though!

• Options
    tea is for men who go to sleep at a decent hour

men with soft hands and heavy eyelids

coffee is the bitter fuel that runs the engines of progress

the tannin-soured grease of the wheels of effort

• Options
    Syphyre wrote:
    Tea is better than coffee in general. I am very happy the coffee machine the breakroom where I work dispenses hot water, because I would much rather have the bold, or delicate, or whichever flavors of delicious tea.

While I wouldn't ever suggest coffee has a delicate flavor, it does have a lot of variety once you get out of the break room variety.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    The British like tea so much they got the Chinese addicted to opium so they'd be reliant on them, and thus continue to get tea.

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I love tea. So much. I love coffee, too, but tea won my heart first. At last count, I had like thirteen kinds of tea at home. It takes up a whole shelf in my kitchen.

This thread is making the Diet Coke beside me look very inadequate.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Skull Man wrote:
    tea is for men who go to sleep at a decent hour

men with soft hands and heavy eyelids

coffee is the bitter fuel that runs the engines of progress

the tannin-soured grease of the wheels of effort

tumblr_ll8fftoH541qfzcdjo1_500.gif

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    fuck tea, opium is great

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    i enjoy tea and cake

i prefer black tea

my wife and sister in law and nephew and i went the charleston tea plantation
    that was cool

• Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    tea and cake isn't as good as coffee as cake

and as someone who makes coffee for a lliving, I still don't understand people who order a take-away tea

you people are annoying

can't you just buy some bags and make it in the office? this is Australia, every single office in this city has a tea room

Oden on
  • Options
    Mysst wrote:
    fuck tea, opium is great

I watched the second episode of MacGyver on Netflix a couple days ago and it was about Asian people working opium fields for a drug lord and oh my it was so full of ethnic stereotypes.

And then the bad guy died when he tripped on the skids of a helicopter and fell on his sword.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    my wife and sister in law and nephew and i went the charleston tea plantation
    that was cool

Did you try some of their tea? How was it? I've been meaning to drive down there and see the plantation, or at the least order some of their tea. I just haven't gotten around to it.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    Nothing beats chai but I've never tried it with cake. I'm not really a cake or sweets person.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    fuck tea, opium is great

I watched the second episode of MacGyver on Netflix a couple days ago and it was about Asian people working opium fields for a drug lord and oh my it was so full of ethnic stereotypes.

And then the bad guy died when he tripped on the skids of a helicopter and fell on his sword.

he was really dumb with his helicopter, to be fair

ikbUJdU.jpg