As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Hot Gates ("300" Movie Thread)

• Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    trentsteel wrote: »
    Wren, why do you have a Tabard in your link that says you had a victory over Illidian Stormrage? I'm sorry but if there are already guilds beating the most badass of Warcraft villians I am glad I quit playing that fucking game. That's fucking bullshit. People powering theier way up to 70 rather than enjoying it fuck them grumble grumble

"Villain" is a bit of a stretch for Illidan. Illidan, if I recall, was a hero with good intentions at least three times in the WC3 storyline; He starts out imprisoned for selling to soul to gain demonic powers in an effort to save his people 10,000 years ago. He then consumes the skull of Gul'dan because he needs its power to kill Tychondrius, which ends up as a major victory for the Night Elves, and of course he's promptly told to fuck off for being a demon. Then in TFT he almost destroys the frozen throne, and the Lich King, and thus also Arthas, with the aid of the Naga, but the fucking Night Elves interrupt his spell/ritual and kill everybody, and then when he tries to destroy it up close and personal, without any support whatsoever from the Night Elves, Arthas stops him directly.

So he's really been nothing but heroic and supremely self-sacrificing the entire time, and his own people have done nothing but punish him and stand in his way. Going insane or whatever hardly makes him a villain, and what are the odds that he's just misunderstood and misjudged yet again?

hmmm....touche

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I saw bigtimes dancing on someones myspace page.

I was like "oh man."

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    a spoon?

how would that even work?

see, now I don't think I like warcraft at all. That shit just don't make no damn sense.

Prison tattoos, man.

you don't make no prison tattoos out of no spoons, Dizzle. Ya make em out of a cigarette filter and a sewing needle.

I accept that there are multiple methods.

Defender on
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    This is to all my fellow Portlanders: How many of you are over 21 and can play Guitar Hero decently?

Cause there might be another Ultimate Guitar Hero at Dante's next week, and there needs to be a big turnout if there is going to be a third.

I am 23 and suck at GH

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Borfase, you're 23 and you suck at everything.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    <craigslist reference>

Defender on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    <craigslist reference>

timbuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrn

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited March 2007
    Callius wrote: »

No I don't.

Borfase on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2007
    Borfase wrote: »

No I don't.

name two things

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007

No I don't.

name two things

Frequency and racquetball

Borfase on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    What the hell is frequency?

trentsteel on

• Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Defender, Kael'thas betrayed Illidan in WoW and is now working for the burning legion. But on the other hand, there are still blood elves who work for Illidan. Then there's the scryers who think both are mad. THEN there are some blood elves who still seem to work for illidan and kael and I really don't get it.

its really weird and I don't quite understand.

at least I think it was you who was wondering wtf was up with kael in wow

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    MenaceMenace regular
    edited March 2007
    What the hell is frequency?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreQuency

Menace on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2007

No I don't.

name two things

but both of those things suck.

alternate theory: you only don't suck at things that do suck

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Wren wrote: »
    Defender, Kael'thas betrayed Illidan in WoW and is now working for the burning legion. But on the other hand, there are still blood elves who work for Illidan. Then there's the scryers who think both are mad. THEN there are some blood elves who still seem to work for illidan and kael and I really don't get it.

I think it all boils down to a lot of hitting your trade channel macro /2 wts blah blah blah, wandering around Ironforge in circles and waiting for a damn battleground to start why you curse the amount of typing you have to do to make no money because you picked enchanting

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited March 2007

No I don't.

name two things

Whatever you say, ace.

Borfase on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wren, why do you have a Tabard in your link that says you had a victory over Illidian Stormrage? I'm sorry but if there are already guilds beating the most badass of Warcraft villians I am glad I quit playing that fucking game. That's fucking bullshit. People powering theier way up to 70 rather than enjoying it fuck them grumble grumble

"Villain" is a bit of a stretch for Illidan. Illidan, if I recall, was a hero with good intentions at least three times in the WC3 storyline; He starts out imprisoned for selling to soul to gain demonic powers in an effort to save his people 10,000 years ago. He then consumes the skull of Gul'dan because he needs its power to kill Tychondrius, which ends up as a major victory for the Night Elves, and of course he's promptly told to fuck off for being a demon. Then in TFT he almost destroys the frozen throne, and the Lich King, and thus also Arthas, with the aid of the Naga, but the fucking Night Elves interrupt his spell/ritual and kill everybody, and then when he tries to destroy it up close and personal, without any support whatsoever from the Night Elves, Arthas stops him directly.

So he's really been nothing but heroic and supremely self-sacrificing the entire time, and his own people have done nothing but punish him and stand in his way. Going insane or whatever hardly makes him a villain, and what are the odds that he's just misunderstood and misjudged yet again?

He didn't gain demonic powers to save his people. He did it because 1) Malfurion was about to destroy the Well of Eternity - the source of Night Elf magic, and 2) Tyrande gave him the cold shoulder, so he got all emo and shit. Then, he told the Burning Legion about Furions plan, which in effect almost caused the Night Elf race to become extinct. Meanwhile, while this huge battle is going on, he steals seven vials from the well and sneaks away.

And if you want to get into technicalities, the only reason he tried to destroy the Frozen Throne, was because he was ordered to by Archimonde.

Javen on
  • Options
    MenaceMenace regular
    edited March 2007

No I don't.

name two things

frequency doesn't suck

Menace on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    I saw bigtimes dancing on someones myspace page.

I was like "oh man."
    That and his catgun gif are two of my favorites. BT is an awesome guy and his beard of awesomeness suits him well. I'm glad that gif is making the rounds.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Guys, I'm fucking extremely bored and need entertainments.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Let me dance for your pleasure my lord.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Maybe there's a cool movie coming out soon you could see to entertain you? Any good movies coming out soon guys?

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Maybe there's a cool movie coming out soon you could see to entertain you? Any good movies coming out soon guys?

World of Warcraft: The Movie

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I think there's a movie coming out next Friday. I think it's about some guys that lived like, hundreds of years ago and how 10 of them stood against the Burning Legion and kept them from destroying the World Tree or something like that.

edit: oh fuck you Wren. :P

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Druhim wrote: »
    I think there's a movie coming out next Friday. I think it's about some guys that lived like, hundreds of years ago and how 10 of them stood against the Burning Legion and kept them from destroying the World Tree or something like that.

Whats so tough about that. Just have your frontline bubble and have warlocks and shit cast a buttload of AoE. a-duh.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    ARCHIMONDE DIES[\SPOILER]

edit: you can't get aggro while in a bubble, shit ignores you unless you're the only one on the aggro list

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I don't even know what I just typed.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wild Hogs comes out tomorrow. I hope it earns enough to justify making a prequel, because I want to know how in the hell Martin Lawrence ends up friends with Tim Allen.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

it was 40 you idiot.

"40: This is Azeroth"
    A Warcraft Film

Legendary Pictures still has the rights to the Warcraft movie right? Because that's the company that's doing 300.

GAP BRIDGED!

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    This is MADNESS!

THIS! IS! AZEROTH!

(bubble and hearth out)

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    God, normally the presence of Tim Allen or Martin Lawrence is enough to keep me away from a movie. Both of them together? Oh fuck that noise.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    God, normally the presence of Tim Allen or Martin Lawrence is enough to keep me away from a movie. Both of them together? Oh fuck that noise.

Witha great big heaping helping of Midlife Crisis Travolta? Ohhhh maaaaan that's a crapfest for the ages.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    so theres this event in WoW where Thrall meets the son of Hellscream and fills him in on his daddies great victory in freeing the orc race. he uses mini holo images to re-enact the fight.

I took out my little remote control tonk tank and shot missiles at Mannaroth till he died, while a bunch of people were watching this cool event. then and only then did I wish I was on an RP server.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Travolta's in it also? Oh god, this is approaching crap levels of possibly unintentionally humerous proportions.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Travolta's in it also? Oh god, this is approaching crap levels of possibly unintentionally humerous proportions.

He gets hit by a bird on his motorcycle.

Also, Kyle Gas (of Tenacious D) is shown in one of the commercials, singing on stage "Don't You Wish Your Girlfriend (was hot like me)". As in, HAHAHA LOOK AT THE FAT MAN DANCE HAHAHAHA.

So...... yeah.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Eww

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Wren wrote: »

Honestly, the thing about Kael does not surprise me; he operates as a drug addict and is clearly willing to do anything to get access to powerful sources of magic.

I did hear about the three Blood Elf factions and frankly it just sounds like they've stretched the Warcraft mythology too far, and they should've ended it already.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Javen wrote: »

He didn't gain demonic powers to save his people. He did it because 1) Malfurion was about to destroy the Well of Eternity - the source of Night Elf magic, and 2) Tyrande gave him the cold shoulder, so he got all emo and shit. Then, he told the Burning Legion about Furions plan, which in effect almost caused the Night Elf race to become extinct. Meanwhile, while this huge battle is going on, he steals seven vials from the well and sneaks away.

And if you want to get into technicalities, the only reason he tried to destroy the Frozen Throne, was because he was ordered to by Archimonde.

Archimonde was dead at that point, and I don't recall ever seeing Illidan working for him in the first place. If he was working for Archimonde, killing Tichondrius was a pretty retarded thing to do.

Also, they may have retconned this stuff in, but in RoC and TFT they painted him pretty clearly as a self-sacrificing hero who was misunderstood and unjustly treated as a criminal.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    So Defender, apparently you're kind of into Warcraft.

<3

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    So Defender, apparently you're kind of into Warcraft.

<3

I do enjoy playing TFT, and I think I'm pretty OK at it.

Defender on
This discussion has been closed.