Options

JERSEY DAY AT PAX IS SATURDAY! Look at page 39 RIGHT NOW

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Being tall and hairy has some interesting moments.

like tiny old chinese women wanting to have a picture taken with you. This has happened twice in my life so far: first when I went to Beijing with my folks in '99, and most recently at the British museum last month.

It may well have been the same person, for all I know.

I have this happen to me all over Asia.

What you do is smile and agree and have your photo taken.

While they are getting ready for the photo bend your knees and slowly lower yourself.

• Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    "Hey guys, look at this giant white guy I met... wait, I swear he wasn't shorter than me."

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    The Japanese are more used to foreigners, I think, because in my experience general the most you ever get is people trying to practice english on you.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    They did not do that when I was in anywhere other than Tokyo or Kyoto

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    In Tokyo I encountered a convenience store clerk who spoke flawless, unaccented English. It more than a little surprising.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I an a six foot one tall monster of a man. My friends are all short and in shape, so pictures with them make it look like I should live in a cave and eat sheep

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Lamb can be tasty

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    oh my god I want to keep Gatsby in my pocket and pull him out to dance sometimes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1vH2rjUshk

• Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    Go outside of the cities in Japan, and you get odd treatment. Usually positive, but people sometimes want pictures with you. Especially if you go to a rural festival.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am one of the shortest of my friends at 6 feet.

Even my little brother is taller.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I an a six foot one tall monster of a man. My friends are all short and in shape, so pictures with them make it look like I should live in a cave and eat sheep

Hahaha, I can empathise

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I am one of the shortest of my friends at 6 feet.

Even my little brother is taller.

Are you Marshall from How I Met Your Mother?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Tef wrote: »

Hahaha, I can empathise

Guess who I am in this picture!
    12167_104207379594662_100000162007123_116417_4720228_n.jpg

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    You seem like a short shorts person

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    I should mention the guy on my right is standing on the ledge. I am not.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I know which one you are, I've seen pictures of you in a suit before.

Is little miss sunshine single? :winky:

• Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    I'm 6'4", my brother is 6'4" and my dad is 6'8". I love visiting with them and just walking around. Everyone just kind of filters around us on the sidewalk.

sierracrest.jpg
  • Options

Not only is she not single, shes getting married. Also you are creepy

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    yup

that was a really creepy thing to say indeed

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    wdJRl.jpg

pretty sure she's too young

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Chrishallett83 is just feeling out the situation.

Sometimes a dude has to dig deep.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Not only is she not single, shes getting married. Also you are creepy

I'm going to have to start adding

/terrible joke

at the end of pretty much every one of my posts, I think...

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Maybe you should add it to your profile while you're at it.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Perhaps a forehead tattoo, and then change my profile pic to a self-shot?

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Hmmm...

Yes, that would suffice.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Bucketman do you suffer from awkward arm positioning too? I always fucking hate that

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Just some general info: The numbers on the back are something we have in stock on a regular basis, but the names on the back and the logo on the front are custom, so they take longer to get. The company we get the heat transfers from has the letters in the font on-hand for the "SE++" that's going on the front, except they don't have a standard "+", as you would imagine they don't get much call for math symbols in a team name. So it ended up having to be a custom logo where I just typed "SE++" in photoshop using the font and made it nice and big so the resolution was fine for printing a heat transfer thingy.

They will be in-house by the end of this week or the beginning of next and I believe once they are received, the warehouse starts putting them on the jerseys, depending on how many other orders requiring decoration on them are ahead of my order. So a finished product will probably be available next week and I plan to post a picture of me in my jersey once I have it. However, I am out of town for a conference next week so even if they are done next week, it'll be another week before I am able to get them.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Thanks for the update, Geek.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Man this was a neat thing you guys did.

Sorry I missed it!

• Options
    I'm sorry you missed it too, sarukun. You're one of the folks who totally deserves one.

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    So excited.

I love paying for things way in advance. By the time I get it, it feels like it's free.

• Options
    Oh, by the way, the "SE++"labels were in on Friday and I got to take a look at one before and after it was put on the jersey and they turned out pretty great. I am out of town all this week for a business trip, so they'll probably be ready when I get back to work on Tuesday. When I get them, I will do a final bit of research and testing of weights and volumes to see what the cheapest method of shipping will be.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    You're a fair-dinkum tops bloke, The Geek! Thank you so much for doing this!

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Geek, did the backordering thing ever sort itself out? I remember we all said we were fine with backordering, and then don't remember an update.

• Options
    I know I said I could wait but you should bring mine to my birthday party so I can get drunk in it on my birthday.

• Options
    The back ordered items are still the same status as mentioned on page 22. All the women's mediums won't be in until June and the first 8 men's XL who volunteered won't be in until July.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Omg if I have mine by my birthday

That would make me very happy

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Awesome, thanks Geek!

• Options
    Sheri wrote: »
    Omg if I have mine by my birthday

That would make me very happy

The back order date is June 6. That's plenty enough time to get to you by then.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    You're a fair-dinkum tops bloke, The Geek! Thank you so much for doing this!

Are...are you cussing at me?

BLM - ACAB
This discussion has been closed.