Options

[Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning] DLC on March 20th! Info in OP.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Increasing the cap would be silly. We're just gonna have to hold out for the difficulty adjustments coming in the patch. Also: people might want to start preparing themselves for the fact that that the difficulty fixes won't mean jack shit to our current characters. Nothing has been said about a New Game+ to go along with the difficulty fixes, so...

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    I don't care if there's a level cap increase, I just want the DLC to be adjustable to max level. All I want is yellow and orange mobs, maaan.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    Somewhat unrelated, but Origin's new update allows you to hide games from your Games list. No more Amalur demo sitting around looking stupid next to the actual game!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I don't care if there's a level cap increase, I just want the DLC to be adjustable to max level. All I want is yellow and orange mobs, maaan.

I agree, areas should re-adjust up to their max setting when you enter them, not lock.

• Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I agree, areas should re-adjust up to their max setting when you enter them, not lock.

Alternatively, a New Game+ option putting everything (even Dalentarth) at 40 would be nice.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

I like this idea. I'm just happy I'll finally be able to get my Mage to max level with the DLC.(I hope)

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Slimcea wrote:

Alternatively, a New Game+ option putting everything (even Dalentarth) at 40 would be nice.

I think you mean level 45.

• Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    FINALLY the Dwarves are coming to Reckoning! I can't wait to see my favorite fantasy race added to this great RPG.

WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    The auto levelling the world needs is the addition of roaming high level mobs, so, if you hugely outlevel what an area is then while the normal mobs would stay at their regular level you'd get a pack of scaled mobs from another zone wandering the area. Maybe with a random named champion or whatnot. So you maintain both the feeling of threat (some mobs are dangerous) and the feeling of progression (puny sprites, I smash you with my high level abilities!)

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So, end of the Warsworn questlines...did anyone
    Side with the demon thing? Just curious what the different outcome of that was

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    So, end of the Warsworn questlines...did anyone
    Side with the demon thing? Just curious what the different outcome of that was

I've split my save at each of those decision points, so I can answer this. For the record, I went with the "good" choice.
    He tells you to take the Helm from the corpse of the guy previously trying to summon him. Then he commands you to kill your female Alfar Warsworn companion (who name I've already forgotten).

He then tells you to go to the Hall of the Firstborn and kill EVERYONE.

Finally, you return to the vault and take the heart. Instead of +crit against Niskaru, you get +physical damage instead.

Overall, you get a better Twist of Fate, but every Warsworn in the game will become aggressive.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    gjaustin wrote: »
    Overall, you get a better Twist of Fate, but every Warsworn in the game will become aggressive.
    Also keep in mind you fail any unfinished Warsworn job board quests, and it makes using those blacksmith trainers a wee bit more difficult (mainly because it's so easy to accidentally kill them, fortunately I only killed the Fateweaver).

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    I've just finished up to the 2nd-third portion of the Warsworn quest line (the isle) and that sounds pretty badass.

Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Oh, I really want to try out that last Battlemage combo. I didn't take Elem Rage, so it looks like I'd have to start off with the Hammer launcher and go from there.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    WadeWilsonWadeWilson Registered User regular
    Ok, so I'm level 30 and I haven't even been to the desert (Red Marches) yet. Which means I'm 75% done growing and only 40% done with content. I have trolhide armor currently. How many more levels of rogue armor are there? I hear whisperings of dreadscale. Are there any more?

I second the comment about armor sets. I have only completed 2. House of Ballads and Dark Empyrean. And that's because they are handed to you via quests. I don't mind random loot, but I wish there were some set locations for some badass armor...

• Options
    edited March 2012
    afaik dreadscale is the highest for rogue armor. Spiritweave for cloth and Prismire for plate.

After doing all of the woods then plains before I did the red rock areas, apparently the red rock areas are supposed to be done before the plains, progression wise.

So that's a thing. You start leveling a bit slower and if you did them in that same order, the desert area doesn't give a whole ton of xp for your level. I'm 37 and about 2/3 the way through the marshes. I'm guessing I'll be 40 before getting into the "final" areas.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    WadeWilsonWadeWilson Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Really? Did not get that indication. Because the next main quests take you to plains or desert. I picked plains because I'm a sucker for hot elven assassin girls.

Edit: (General Faction Questlines Spoilers, I Guess)
    The travellers, warsworn and scholia arcana quests all progress woods->plains->desert. How do we know the desert was supposed to be next?

WadeWilson on
  • Options
    Story wise, I don't think it makes any difference; though you have to go through the plains to continue the main story. I don't know what happens if you take the boat without going and doing the desert "main" story too.

But I was basing it on what seemed to be the level range caps for areas. It seemed to be significantly lower in the desert when I played through.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    WadeWilson wrote: »
    Really? Did not get that indication. Because the next main quests take you to plains or desert. I picked plains because I'm a sucker for hot elven assassin girls.

Edit: (General Faction Questlines Spoilers, I Guess)
    The travellers, warsworn and scholia arcana quests all progress woods->plains->desert. How do we know the desert was supposed to be next?

Glad to know others have the same decision making process. Also where does scholia arcana start, done w/ warsworn and traveller factions and apparently have missed this one.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    It starts in Ysa.

• Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    I did the same thing. Cleared out the plains, decided to check out the desert before going boating, and everything is gray to me. Frowny face. I was just starting to get prismere weapon drops, too!

imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    moocow wrote:
    I did the same thing. Cleared out the plains, decided to check out the desert before going boating, and everything is gray to me. Frowny face. I was just starting to get prismere weapon drops, too!

I did the opposite. I cleared out the desert and then went to the plains.

Everything was gray. And I had just started getting prismere weapon drops myself!

• Options
    Huh. Maybe they both just have the same level range then.

It was probably a mistake to wear a +9% exp helmet, 10% chest, and 14% ring for so long, I guess.

imttnk.png
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Sitting at Lvl. 35(1/2) I need to speak with the elf to continue that section of the main quest and about 11 sidequests from Rathir. The rest of the western landmass is completed. Only a few dungeons are giving me yellow(one orange troll) in Erathell. No XP increase gear but I do reckoning when it's available.

104 hours played.

• Options
    I'm really confused about the time played thing.

I'm at 50 hours and all I have left is alabastra(?) and two areas of the swamp left in the game. I've been very thorough and aside from some "tasks" I don't think I've missed anything really. I don't think there are any dungeons in any areas I didn't fully clear with associated quests. I can't imagine there is much more than 10 or so hours left of gameplay.

I don't know if the timer is off or what, but the vast differences people are getting with their playtime is really wonky here.

• Options
    104 hours seems excessive. I've done all the Rathir stuff, just have Detyre area to finish before moving East, and I'm at like 36 hours and level 32.

imttnk.png
  • Options

I'm at 50 hours and all I have left is alabastra(?) and two areas of the swamp left in the game. I've been very thorough and aside from some "tasks" I don't think I've missed anything really. I don't think there are any dungeons in any areas I didn't fully clear with associated quests. I can't imagine there is much more than 10 or so hours left of gameplay.

I don't know if the timer is off or what, but the vast differences people are getting with their playtime is really wonky here.

Do you click through a lot of dialogue? It sounds like I'm not that far behind you, and I'm at 65ish hours. I'd say I click through about half the dialogue.

Also, have crafted gear to stack +damage?

• Options
    I do click through a lot of dialogue because I have subtitles on and I read very fast. I guess that probably does save a lot of time.

I don't have as much +damage% gear as I'd like though.

Question about salvaging. I found a blue chest last night with +1 sorc skills and +15 to elemental damages. I spent about 15 minutes reloading/salvaging and never got it to produce anything but basic salvage items (maxed blacksmithing). Can you not salvage certain stats? Because that was the only thing on the armor that was "unique", there was nothing else to salvage and it was still a blue. Why have stats on a blue with no gem slots that you can't salvage?

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

I got to 1000/1000 with I want to say around 90 - 100 hour of play. Surprisingly I did not reach the level cap and cleared about 190+ quests in doing so.

I also fast traveled a lot, avoided combat and in the situations where I had to fight they ended pretty quickly.

Just saying, I'm confused too. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I do click through a lot of dialogue because I have subtitles on and I read very fast. I guess that probably does save a lot of time.

I don't have as much +damage% gear as I'd like though.

Question about salvaging. I found a blue chest last night with +1 sorc skills and +15 to elemental damages. I spent about 15 minutes reloading/salvaging and never got it to produce anything but basic salvage items (maxed blacksmithing). Can you not salvage certain stats? Because that was the only thing on the armor that was "unique", there was nothing else to salvage and it was still a blue. Why have stats on a blue with no gem slots that you can't salvage?

Correct. There's several things that you can't salvage. I'm sure it was intended to balance crafting, by preventing you from getting a bunch of +skills on all your gear. It just didn't work.

Slightly related. I suspect you can actually get -100% mana cost between gear, talents, and the permanent buff from the Temple of Lyria in Rathir. You'd have to find the right combination of accessories though.

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    64 hours played, just arrived at Alabastra after getting my own castle!
    Did every single quest in the game so far, 194 completed!
    Looking forward to the homestretch and then the DLC!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    I don't fast travel unless a yellow circle is more than two areas away. Which rarely happens. I talk to everyone also. I guess you don't do that in these games anymore.

• Options
    Yea that would do it, crazy the different experiences/approaches people have to games. I will fast travel to anything if it gets me closer, including the big cities if I'm already in them.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    63 hours in, only have the Hollowlands left on the Western Continent and all that entails, level 31. Behind the leveling curve for time played due to setting the level of these areas loooooow. Oh well.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    How do you set them higher? I think I'm in that boat, but only level 16 about to go into Ysa

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      You can't, the first time you encounter a zone enemy levels scale to your level and are set for the rest of the game. Not a good design for encouraging player freedom

PSN SeGaTai
    • Options
      Holy shit. Entered Mel Senshir this morning.
      why oh why didn't they pull a SotC and let you run up that dudes arms?

• Options
      LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
      Did anyone get the official strategy guide for this game? Is it useful? It certainly looks awesome from the outside, but don't judge a book yada yada.

• Options
      Apparently a few things are missed in the guide but aside from that it's amazing.