As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Put all ME3 discussion in spoiler tags. ALL OF IT.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    and i still cannot comprehend why people actually want to buy asura's wrath

just

it boggles my mind

thank goodness I'm not the only one

I am baffled by the positive reviews

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited February 2012

just

it boggles my mind

explaining my thoughts on the matter could require self-reflection and a not insignificant deal of time on my part

perhaps I could dismiss your opinion swiftly and easily by claiming you "hate fun" or something of the like?

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »

just

it boggles my mind

explaining my thoughts on the matter could require self-reflection and a not insignificant deal of time on my part

perhaps I could dismiss your opinion swiftly and easily by claiming you "hate fun" or something of the like?

that'd probably be par for the course for the "OMG THIS IS SO OVER THE TOP IT'S THE BEST THING ON EARTH AND ALSO THE MOON" crowd

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I think Asura's Wrath looks absolutely fantastic

But I am not going to spend $60 on it because I am not an idiot and I don't have an endless wallet and I'm also buying 2 games in the next 2 weeks

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    i havent played me2 again since when it came out

ive got five loyalty missions left and man i forgot how good this game is

• Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular

just

it boggles my mind

It looks like a version of God of War that I am interested in because as far as I can tell it lacks the nauseatingly macho bullshit and psychopathy of Kratos, it's loosely based on Hindu mythology with a very Kirbyesque technomagical twist, I really like the aesthetics, and having played the demo, the QTE stuff works fine for gameplay. It's very fluid, dynamic stuff and it feels more like you're performing a bunch of combos with a bit of prompting here or there.

Also it's very grandiose and silly and over-the-top in a lot of really fun ways.

Is this answer satisfactory?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

just

it boggles my mind

THEN I'LL MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND WITH MY FISTS

• Options
    my only real problem with asura's wrath is that it reminds me of too human

and then I begin to weep

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    not really, because for everything after "having played the demo" i have to wonder if they released a second demo i missed or something

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the reviews coming in for asura's wrath are making me really sad

as are the reports of how much actual gameplay vs. gametime there is

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    If Shepard is Adam Jensen with less obvious augmentations and further along on the timeline then... isn't he just JC Denton?

• Options
    biggitiobiggitio Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »

Cool trailer, but it seems to be lacking something. I can't really put my finger on it. Maybe it's the fighting at the end. Like, I was feeling the emotions throughout the first part, then Shepard rolls in and the action shots seem weird to me.

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Commander Shepard in da fresh!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    was hoping that live action trailer would be like those weird majora's mask commercials, but with reapers and shepard

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    If Shepard is Adam Jensen with less obvious augmentations and further along on the timeline then... isn't he just JC Denton?

shepard is even further beyond on the timeline

• Options
    he's alex denton

• Options
    was hoping that live action trailer would be like those weird majora's mask commercials, but with reapers and shepard

just some kid in an N7 hoodie, Xbox controller in hand and shouting Kinect commands

cut between scenes of destruction and despair

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    not really, because for everything after "having played the demo" i have to wonder if they released a second demo i missed or something

Are you honestly saying you cannot in any way conceive of anyone being fine with the gameplay? At all? I find that a bit dramatic ad kind of hard to believe.

And even if I didn't like the gameplay, isn't it okay to like games for their story and look, too? Psychonauts didn't have great gameplay, but a lot of people love the fuck out of it, and most of those people would agree that the gameplay could have used some more work.

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

how so

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options

how so

They're not super great, as far as I've heard.

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »

just some kid in an N7 hoodie, Xbox controller in hand and shouting Kinect commands

this would be such a great commerical

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular

that reminds me, aparently one of the commercials says that Mass Effect 3 is "better with Kinect"

so what does kinect do in ME3?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

that reminds me, aparently one of the commercials says that Mass Effect 3 is "better with Kinect"

you can use it to do powers, like saying "charge" or "Garrus, overload"

and you can use it to say all of shepard's dialogue options instead of using the wheel

• Options
    http://www.davisanddroz.com/

these guys are raffling the Space Edition for Child's Play

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Spectre-x wrote: »

how so

They're not super great, as far as I've heard.

they are pretty middling and they are all essentially saying it's a giant QTE/AMV and that there is very little actual gameplay going on

• Options
    and you can use it to say all of shepard's dialogue options instead of using the wheel

wait wait wait wait wait

are we talking like you start the line and the kinect detects that and the line goes off

or you can actually speak all of shepard's dialogue and have it responded to appropriately?

because if I can play through this as snooty upper-class british shepard or pirate shepard I need to buy a kinect

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options

Are you honestly saying you cannot in any way conceive of anyone being fine with the gameplay? At all? I find that a bit dramatic ad kind of hard to believe.

And even if I didn't like the gameplay, isn't it okay to like games for their story and look, too? Psychonauts didn't have great gameplay, but a lot of people love the fuck out of it, and most of those people would agree that the gameplay could have used some more work.

my problem with the game is that i love the aesthetic and general thinking behind the game. it looks great, and the idea of these boss fights is really great. Only thing is, it turns out the game is some really mediocre brawler sections attached to "... tap y... tap y... tap y... MASH BBBBBBBBBB... tap y"

there is barely a game attached to these (awesome) cutscenes, so yes it's hard for me to believe that so many people here are more than happy to shell out $60 for it. i could not in good conscience support the developer by buying this game because it is not a very good game. Which is sad because it has an incredible look and premise.

it's wasted potential.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited February 2012

Yeah, Psychonauts was fantastic, but not for the gameplay. The gameplay was fun, for sure, but definitely not the strong point. It was the art design, the casting, and the great writing that really carried it.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular

oh, that's actually pretty cool. still not $150 cool but whatevs

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited February 2012

wait wait wait wait wait

are we talking like you start the line and the kinect detects that and the line goes off

or you can actually speak all of shepard's dialogue and have it responded to appropriately?

because if I can play through this as snooty upper-class british shepard or pirate shepard I need to buy a kinect

Nah, you just start saying the beginning of a conversation on the wheel and it does it

The weapon/power switching part seems like it'll be handy. Spend less time in the menus and more time in the fight.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    fittingly i also never finished psychonauts

• Options

Ah, so you're Hitler. That explains everything.

• Options
    mhmm yes that's the ticket

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

You don't actually have to say their name for powers.

I really enjoyed it, it made it more like the multiplayer which is less stop/start due to the removal of the combat wheels.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i got up to the last area

i'd always heard it was a pain in the ass

and the previous area had definitely been a pain in the ass

so i decided i'd leave it off there

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited February 2012

Ah, so you're Hitler. That explains everything.

To be fair, the end level is the worst part of the entire game, by a landslide.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    god the fucking meat circus

just

man fuck you schaefer

• Options
    i forget where i got to in that game, actually

i think... there was a lot of pink? and flashing lights. like a rave. with... bubbles you had to jump on?

i feel like my brain is filling gaps with nonsense now

• Options
    Games I'm supposed to like but don't care for:

All Mega Mans
    Super Mario 64
    Goldeneye
    Ico
    Psychonauts
    Half-Life 2
    Beyong Good & Evil
    Bioshock