As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What would you do with $640 Million Dollars?

1141516171820»

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I would split it with anybody who shared a photo on Facebook

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I would be a super secret millionaire.

I wouldn't even quit my job just yet. Gotta decide what to do next.

Buy a sweet flat in London.

Pay off my student loan. Give my family some money so their loans are paid off.

Then fuck I dunno. Write my will so the vast majority of my money goes to charity. No I'm not going to leave it to my family, they'll piss it away on useless shit. Buying gifts for my relatives in India that I fucking despise. I'll give it to one of those charities that makes sure kids in 3rd world countries don't die of diseases we actually have cures for. And charities that pay for kids educations.

IE none of that Kony 2012 bullshit

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Clear off my Father's debt, buy back my grandpa's land in thailand, move away and never see my brothers ever again. Become a crappy artist.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    over the years my answer has changed

Before I rally was going to do some insane things like go to the playboy madison
    Now I would just pay my bills and do a few things like go to legoland
    But since this state makes you do a thing to prove you can win and they pay it I will say some rather nasty things so they cannot print it
    I would give my my current jobs if I won though

I agree I will do everything in my power and beyond not to let people know I won because over the years I know some nasty people. I would not even let my family know about it

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    I wouldn't quit working right off...I'd wait for the check to clear. Maybe take some time to figure out exactly what my financials are going to be like. But I know there's no way I'd be able to drag myself out of bed every day for the rest of my life knowing I didn't have to. Maybe if I could find something to do that only needed one or two days a week, just to keep me occupied, but that's all. Ideally working for myself I suppose.

What would be really difficult is deciding where to live. I live here for my job, and my family is spread out. I don't know if I'd stay here or what.

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    That is certainly a hell of a sum

Even if you only ended up with a quarter of it after taxes and taking the lump sum, dang, you'd still have over a million a year to play with plus interest

I think I'd open a writers retreat and give scholarships so poor but rad writers could go somewhere nice and focus

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    live in the nicest hotels everywhere and travel non-stop and see shit forever.

that is what i would do.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    I would be a super secret millionaire.

I wouldn't even quit my job just yet. Gotta decide what to do next.

Buy a sweet flat in London.

Pay off my student loan. Give my family some money so their loans are paid off.

Then fuck I dunno. Write my will so the vast majority of my money goes to charity. No I'm not going to leave it to my family, they'll piss it away on useless shit. Buying gifts for my relatives in India that I fucking despise. I'll give it to one of those charities that makes sure kids in 3rd world countries don't die of diseases we actually have cures for. And charities that pay for kids educations.

IE none of that Kony 2012 bullshit

I quite like my job, but if I won say the Euro tonight, then I would be hard pressed to not quit right away. I try to think I'd be very generous in the time I give this company before I leave it but that's only because I don't have the money yet : b

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Yeah you don't want to quit and then have something happen and then you're all "lol jk ily my bff"

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Two chicks at the same time. Dudes with money can make that happen.

In reality though, with that much money I would take care of all my family's needs including parents, nieces, nephews, and in-laws. Then I would buy a huge property somewhere mountainous with good hunting and fishing and live like a crazy mountain man, except I still want high speed internet and satellite TV.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    I'd punch Daniel Tosh in the face.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'd punch Daniel Tosh in the face.
    He'd charge you a couple million

He'd put it on his show and make millions more.

• Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    invest in that google everyones been talking about

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Definitely wouldn't quit my job; once the check cleared, I'd manage my and my wife's loans, and then, once we examined how much we had left, I might roll back my hours to On Call/Part Time (my job is good about that), just so I had somewhere to go. I would purchase us a reasonable car and house. Set aside enough money to raise our future adopted children in comfort. And then I would honestly just live in comfort, with the occasional bit of insanity thrown in.

I would probably launch a failed comics and RPG publishing company, for example, because why the hell not.

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    I'd keep it completely secret and keep asking my friends and family out to restaurants

and then make them pay their share, until they're completely bankrupt and I still have millions and millions to spend on anything I want

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Wow, I completely forgot about this thread.

If I won, I'd ruin the lives of one of my ex-coworkers. Like, do what The Penguin did in that Batman panel where the chef laughed at him.

Unfortunately for me, she's not an ex-coworker because I started my new job yesterday and she was starting her first day too as my superior.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    What I would want to do is find 10 people who are in various levels of fucked in their life, and completely pull them out. A smart student who can't afford med school so they choose a different major based only on the financial decision...bam, set up a trust fund for living expenses and pay full tuition so they get out of school debt free. Finance somebody's dream of writing a novel or making a short film by covering their expenses for a year or two so they have the time to do it. Give some company or university a donation to focus on specific research for something that a person has a huge interest in and is cool. Something that involves snake venom, fire, lasers, space, teleportation, lightsabers, or giant robots preferred.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I'd probably invest in more property and expand my share portfolio. Once I was reliably taking in about 2-3mill a year I'd set aside around 750k for philanthropy, pay myself 500k living expenses a year and then just use the rest to expand my empire. Every year I'd just increase how much I spent on those three things

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »
    Smart ass answer: pay lots and lots of taxes

My mom told me about one of her co-workers at her old job who won a $10,000 lottery ticket, but she didn't want to have to pay taxes on it, so she got it framed and hung it in her living room instead of cashing it in.

I know this is old but I just started reading the thread.

Call me crazy but this quote is exactly what I would do.
    I would photocopy the check and frame it and tell every gullible person I knew that I hadn't cashed it due to some moral reasoning. That way I could avoid most of the inconveniences of wealth like moo hers and attempted murder.

Then I could quit my job and find something part-time but creatively-fulfilling. Maybe go back to school for a few classes. Definitely buy a decent car (and customize the SHIT out of it) and buy a small house in a nice neighborhood and have the interior remodeled to suit my tastes.

E: I would also fund a project to stop autocorrect from changing words to make sentences say the opposite of the thing you tried to type.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    buy 2560000000 bouncy balls

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    if i had 640 million dollars i would kick Mac Miller right in the face.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    If I had 640 million dollars I sure as hell wouldn't be posting here.

I'd be posting on the secret millionaires only forum.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    straight up karate kick him. after that i'd probably apologize and spend six hundred dollars on him

• Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    Probably invest in some awesome companies, donate to charity and also visit every 5 star gay club in the world.

Also marry Key. Dunno how I'd use money to that, but love will find a way~

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I would buy the Pontiac Silverdome

and with the remaining 639.5 million, I'd start a company and hire all of my friends to work there

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    why is this thread back

is the lottery up to crazy numbers again

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'd do what Louis CK suggested and buy every pair of pants in the world

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I'd buy a Prius.
    Then, I'd take it to a car customizer, tell them to tear out everything that makes it a Prius and turn it into a car that can get a 12 second quarter mile.
    The only rule is that, once their done, it still has to look like a Prius. Oh, and no god damn window stickers, that'd spoil the fun.

I would do this just to see the look on someones face when they get smoked by a Prius.

see317 on
  • Options
    I'd buy Penny Arcade from Mike and Jerry, give them 100% control over everything by contract except for the forums, and ban people for my amusement for little if any reason.

I'd also clone Khoo and take over the world through joint ventures and synergy.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Scrooge McDuck money bin.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    I'd quit my job, go to school, pay off debts, etc. It's hard to think of everything I could do with all that money.
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

This too

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options

The cartoon lied...it's not a fluid!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'd make it rain on the dancefloor.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    640 million crack party

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote: »
    I'd buy Penny Arcade from Mike and Jerry, give them 100% control over everything by contract except for the forums, and ban people for my amusement for little if any reason.

I'd also clone Khoo and take over the world through joint ventures and synergy.

I'd just pay the mods to lock old threads. Or maybe just pay the mods. Except those Writers Block mods.

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote: »

The cartoon lied...it's not a fluid!

640 million is probably just enough to buy off some reps and treasury bureaucrats and get the currency changed to something swimmable for the wealth you no longer have.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I wonder if there'd be enough to buy up an island nation AND build a volcano base on it?

I'd build the island from The Incredibles and rich thrill seekers could pay me to "infiltrate" it as secret agents or superheroes in a big-production game of capture the flag.