As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xenoblade Chronicles] The Incredible Shulk MARK YOUR GODDAMN SPOILERS

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    I really like the idea of that change-the-future mechanic, hope it turns out as useful as it looks

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    So somehow I managed to find myself in two separate metros immobilized at the station because of incidents on the way there, but I finally got my hands on it!

And then on the way back, a third metro was immobilized for a time.

sig.gif
  • Options
    With how Nintendo's been treating this release, I pretty much expected a throwaway packaging/manual

but it has a really nice reversible cover!

sig.gif
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    getting this shit first thing in the AM tomorrow

• Options
    ackack Registered User regular
    i have it right now!

ha ha

my gf is playing it i want her to play more so i can sit and watch her is that weird

• Options
    "yeah! get that guy!"

-me

"the shiny thing! there's a sh--oh that's just a butterfly, nevermind"

-me, again

• Options
    edited April 2012
    ack wrote: »
    i have it right now!

ha ha

my gf is playing it i want her to play more so i can sit and watch her is that weird

Hang on, let me check the chart... yyyyyyyyyup so that means it turns out you've been a woman all along. You can hand in your Man Badge at the reception desk.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ok

its covered in glitter and stuff, some chipped paint

i didn't know what kind of paint to use on...what is this? is this copper? i don't know

anyways the paint flecked off so i used glitter and glue instead, but it didn't really stick right

everywhere i go ppl are like "hey how did i get this little piece of glitter on me" and i have to explain about my straight badge

it's probably for the best, giving this 'ole thing up

• Options
    you changed your post he said straight badge at first i'm not the one who messed up

• Options
    I just tried to register the game for Nintendo points

and it said the game isn't out yet

Basically I'm a criminal 8-)

sig.gif
  • Options
    ack wrote: »
    you changed your post he said straight badge at first i'm not the one who messed up

Caught me. I realized the first version of my joke might have come off as somewhat offensive so I changed it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Still sexist

• Options
    lets workshop this joke to make it non offensive

ok

Hang on, let me check the chart... yyyyyyyyyup so that means it turns out you've been a [crook] all along. You can hand in your [police] badge at the reception desk.

and it makes more sense too!! what the heck is a "man badge" anyways?!?!

• Options
    the perfect goof, congrats everybody

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    gay

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    that one's going on the laffy taffy wrapper

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Ledneh wrote: »
    I really like the idea of that change-the-future mechanic, hope it turns out as useful as it looks

It's crucial to surviving tough battles and maintaining a rhythm in battle, and it feels good to neuter serious threats in battle.

• Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Should I get this?

I dunno I am really bad about actually finishing JRPG's.

Like I enjoy them, but then I get 30 or so hours in and go whelp bored now time to play something else

Also of the four Wii games I own I've only played one. And that was RE4 which I had already played and completed on the PS2

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    Hahahaha wow the voice acting is so incredibly wonderfully cheese. I love it.

There's a LOT of shit all sparkling around during combat, that'll take some getting used to. That said, I'm exhausted right now and just don't have the concentration for it. Night everyone.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    The voice acting definitely takes a little while to get used to, but it's a nice change from the regular stable of american talent.
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    Should I get this?

I dunno I am really bad about actually finishing JRPG's.

Like I enjoy them, but then I get 30 or so hours in and go whelp bored now time to play something else

Also of the four Wii games I own I've only played one. And that was RE4 which I had already played and completed on the PS2

That's a tough one, it's a JRPG that has a lot of innovations and wonderful things about it, but it still a JRPG with a lot of time investment. But as someone who very rarely gets into JRPGs this one has been worth the time and effort for me.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    sooooo I went ahead and preordered this

pickin' it up after class tomorrow

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    http://vidyashorts.com/

if anyones interested, guys streaming xenoblade chronicles from the beginning

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Okay I've changed my mind. This looks awesome.

Any word on when Nintendo will stop selling it from their online store or am I probably good for a few weeks

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Patrick is at the exact place in the story that I was hoping he would get to, that's a good quick look.

He fell for exactly the same mistake I made early on, shield is used on future flash attacks with white text, you don't get the hard counter to red text attacks until a little later on and you have to depend on healing, reviving or toppling.

Best advice I can give for the early fights (because they are tough) is to know your arts and if your team mate is going to survive the future flash, hold back from attacking so you don't draw aggro at the last second.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    I kind of wish it was a longer quicklook so I could still be watching it

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Oh, and when Patrick tells his team mate to focus on the enemy he's fighting? Very important, a divided team is a dead one.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    What controller should I use?

• Options
    Taya wrote: »
    What controller should I use?

Classic, apparently?

• Options
    Camera is kind of a bitch with nunchuck/wiimote, so yeah I might go snag one of those

Opening impressions:
    Some dude just used his limit break on a bridge that is also two enormous swords connecting monsters the size of continents and there was bro-banter

Also the combat is so good, just based off one fight

cooldown management, aggro, position dependent strikes

• Options
    I got to the first village, and felt like I had missed a few collectibles

in a vain hope, i thought I would try to leave the village to go wander around instead of doing story stuff

and it let me

• Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    Huh. My experience with JRPGS is pretty insulated - I've only ever played chrono trigger, FFVI, the first dragon quest annddd the golden sun games (which are probably the most vanilla of the genre). This looks different, and compelling, enough that I might get it. Features like the open exploration, minimal cutscenes, and cutting out random battles look really appealing. The stereotypical spiky hair and oversize swords are a non issue.

My only qualm is I've already been in the middle of several games and have an already substantial backlog (albeit steam and GOG games), but the novelty of this game's scope on the wii looks worth getting.

• Options
    I would have to buy classic controller if I got this... hrrrrrrrrmmm.

Man I need more money right now. It is quite tight, but I also do not want them to run out of stock before I get more money

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    you wouldn't have to buy a classic controller, it's just better is all. I wonder if the game has gamecube controller support...

• Options
    Not that I can tell.

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    nuts!

• Options
    I like this game

but man

"...we'll be right as Reyn"
    "OH HO HO
    SHULK YOU CRACK ME UP"

I groaned so hard

all of the groan

• Options
    I love Reyn and Shulk

and that they didn't americanize the voices on localization from europe

• Options
    yeah I like their accents

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The voice acting is the best part of this game. Especially the villains. Especially
    Mumkhar.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126