As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Jack Bros./Shin Megami Tensei] - P4G is out! Have you Social Linked yet?

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Drez wrote: »
    So. What's the reason you're going to have to kill all your friends this time?

I did it all for the nookie.

If you get the choice, kill the males. All of them.

Also, I used to feel bad for Yosuke, but now...fuck him. Here's the reason he's forever alone:
    http://dynamite-justice.tumblr.com/post/29629397970/awww-thats-tragic

Yet another reason Daisuke should have got his satanic mitts on the Arena OST.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    So. What's the reason you're going to have to kill all your friends this time?

I did it all for the nookie.

If you get the choice, kill the males. All of them.

Also, I used to feel bad for Yosuke, but now...fuck him. Here's the reason he's forever alone:
    http://dynamite-justice.tumblr.com/post/29629397970/awww-thats-tragic

Yet another reason Daisuke should have got his satanic mitts on the Arena OST.

Well, that and the AKB48 poster. Friendzone magnets.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I see Dragonforce in there too :(

Getting...anything with Debilitate is too much work. I youtubed the ending and am resisting the urge to buy a Vita and Golden. I still need to get P3 and finish Arena's story mode.

Cantido on
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    My money's on girly haircut.

JRPG protagonists are statistically much more likely to have stupid, stupid haircuts than to have only a female option available.

Right, but the MC is voiced by a woman. Still a possibility for both sides.

• Options
  • Options
    mageormikemageormike Registered User regular
    That is one hell of a teaser! Can't make out much with just this, but it seems like the main characters live in what looks like whatever the last bastion of civilization after the world gets destroyed. Voice acting I'm not sure if is a plus overall or not. It should help make it more dramatic if anything.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I don't know what I just watched, but I like it.

It's hard to tell, but I think I see a wheelchair at 1:28...

• Options
    I don't know what I just watched, but I like it.

It's hard to tell, but I think I see a wheelchair at 1:28...

Nah, I see feet. I might be wrong though. Would be exciting for STEVEN to show his mug again.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    STEVEN isn't the only old dude rocking a wheelchair. ;-)

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    I definitely saw the "little kid" from SMT3 in the 1:30ish area.

Wonder what all the voice overs are saying. Especially the one at the very end.

• Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Who wants to bet that the protagonist is a guy with a ponytail? I mean, I'm seriously getting a Macross: Frontier flashback from the back of the protag's head.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    That'd be a very masculine body type to put on a female character. I'm going with "dude wearing a ponytail".

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Yeah. Probably a dude.

Especially since in the trailers they look taller than most of the other people they talk to.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    From my cursory knowledge of Japanese, I heard that they're talking about making a brand new world from the ashes of the old or some such.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Treading new ground for SMT, then. :rotate:

• Options
    Can I fuck social link anything that moves in SMT? Bah, I'll probably get it anyway.

I'm also probably going to get Golden and put it away for a Vita price drop. I'm in no hurry Sony. I have all the time in the world to put with with your bullshit.

• Options
    I am probably going to buy a cheap used Vita while there aren't many desirable games out. Not all that interested in giving Sony money for one, but I'd like to have one. Did the same thing with my PS3, because of BC.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Can I fuck social link anything that moves in SMT? Bah, I'll probably get it anyway.

You don't date your girlfriends in SMT, you kill them.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    Yay! Just beat "Benny" in DS2...gonna go lie down now...

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    Since everyone's forgotten about this game(atlus usa included :( )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL0WAcmY8O0

Always was my favorite song.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Which one was that? o_O

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Since everyone's forgotten about this game(atlus usa included :( )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL0WAcmY8O0

Always was my favorite song.
    Any and every version of Maya's theme is the absolute best. I miss characters having themes.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options

Which one was that? o_O

II and III.
    Well, one dies for you, anyway, you put the other one down after she goes half-demon Darwinian on you.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    I don't remember killing your teacher in Nocturne...

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Good point.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I was gonna say; friend is a far cry from "girlfriend". Besides, Demi-Fiend totally had the hots for his teacher. The other characters you can be all "no", "What? No!" and "Are you freaking serious?" But the teacher asks for help and its "Dur, Okay!"

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    Wait, so SMTIV is going to be Nintendo only? Sigh... handhelds are the last bastion of exclusives.

• Options
    Akilae wrote: »
    Wait, so SMTIV is going to be Nintendo only? Sigh... handhelds are the last bastion of new JRPGS not done by shitty companies like N1 and Gust.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Wait, so SMTIV is going to be Nintendo only? Sigh... handhelds are the last bastion of new JRPGS not done by shitty companies like N1 and Gust.

Ice cold, man. Ice cold.

But yeah, it's something you're going to have to get used to. 3DS is the only console that sells in Japan right now.

EVOL on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Not totally true. PSP is still selling and charting games in Japan. But yeah, it's all handhelds all the time for next gen... same as the current generation for the most part.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Not totally true. PSP is still selling and charting games in Japan. But yeah, it's all handhelds all the time for next gen... same as the current generation for the most part.

The PSP may chart games, but the console itself has been selling around 10k for a while.

But that's for another thread.

• Options
    Regardless of *which* handheld, in Japan handhelds are the primary platform and I doubt that Atlus would have the budget to make SMT4 as a high-quality multiplatform console game.

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Regardless of *which* handheld, in Japan handhelds are the primary platform and I doubt that Atlus would have the budget to make SMT4 as a high-quality multiplatform console game.

This may be the case of SMTIV, but I all but guarantee you Persona 5 is gonna be multiplatform console, with the way Arena and Catherine sold like gangbusters.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Right. Nocturne didn't sell very good and SJ bombed, the fact that we're getting SMT4 at all is a blessing, really.

On the other hand, Persona is, well, Persona. It'll sell like hotcakes, so an HD release is a no-brainer.

EVOL on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well, Arena was developed by Arc Systems, who has plenty of experience and history of creating those sorts of titles. They were likely able to reuse a lot from their last 2D console fighter (BlazBlue, I think?). Plus, half of the game is a visual novel. Catherine is a much shorter and less ambitious game (development-wise) than another 70-100 long SMT.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    SJ didn't bomb at all, neither did Nocturne for that matter.

• Options
    The only data I can find on SJ says it sold under what they were projecting. Expected 170k, sold 152k (as of April 2010). However, I can't find an English-language source of the full report, so I don't know if that's JPN or US or what.

• Options
    SJ didn't bomb at all, neither did Nocturne for that matter.

Nocturne didn't bomb, right. I worded it poorly. It actually sold quite well for Atlus at the time, but it's a far cry from the sales that P3 and P4 enjoyed.

As much as I hate to say this, it wouldn't make business sense for them to invest in HD SMT when they can spend that time developing a Persona game.

SJ I guess I stand corrected than. I do know that it didn't sell as well as they hoped it to though.

• Options
    Akilae wrote: »

You misspelled Idea Factory.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Add them to the pot too.

This discussion has been closed.