As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Jack Bros./Shin Megami Tensei] - P4G is out! Have you Social Linked yet?

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Then I think I'll buy P4G and put it in storage after all. Then Ill hold out for a Vita.

I realized something about Chie. She's the only female peer whose S.Link events are not dating. This is not necessarily a bad thing, its what makes romancing her weird.

Yukiko: Exlusively dating. When not asked out, she asks first.
    Chie: Exclusively "hanging out". Romancing can't happen until the end.
    Rise: Hanging out, but she wants to date from the start.
    Ai: Exclusively dating. Hero must ask first.
    Naoto: If Courage is high, can start off dating, otherwise, hanging out.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    There's training to be done. Ain't no time for that dating crap.

Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    PunkBoy wrote: »
    There's training to be done. Ain't no time for that dating crap.

Dating is just a distraction from Bruce Lee movies and delicious fsteak.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    In the PSN version, yeah. Apparently it just randomly fails to save, then proceeds to wipe all of your slots.

FES disc version does something similar on the PS3. Doesn't wipe your saves but it will randomly fail to save. Happened with P3 Vanilla on the PS3, too.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    You know what we needed, right? MORE milking of P4!
    Index announced today Persona 4 The Card Battle, a social game based off the Persona 4 franchise. The game is set for release on GREE in late September. Pre-registration kicked off today.

Persona 4 The Card Battle makes players into a "Card Master." You'll have to collect cards of over 400 characters from the Persona universe, and face off against other Persona characters in battle. For the tougher fights, you'll want to team up with other players.

f7UtN.jpg

http://andriasang.com/con2il/p4_social/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Well, the good news is that it's a social game, so you won't have to see it outside of Japan (I hope, I hope).

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I wonder if it'll include P1&2 stuff.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    My new goal in life is to collect a Funky Student card.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Oh god, that's exactly like the Rage of Bahamut game I'm already playing on my phone. Do not want.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I don't even know what GREE is

• Options
    edited August 2012
    They're just a publisher of mobile games. Many of their games are basically similar stuff and tend to be Japanese in origin.

Dracil on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    ... Ok, I get it, Persona 4 is awesome. Now can they stop flogging it and go do Persona 5 now?

Also: Why the heck haven't I played Persona 4? I have it and the DoubleJump strat guide sitting on my Entertainment stand. I guess I could say I'm waiting for P4G, but at the same time, $300 for a Vita, before accessories? Christ.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Heh, I have the Dengeki P4G guide on my desk. I'm hoping I fully finish P3P just in time for P4G, but I'm spending a lot of time on P4A instead.

At the risk of slight spoilers, since the P3 and P4 are obviously connected because of P4A.
    Why do the P3 characters need "Envokers" and why are they shaped like a gun whereas P4 characters seem to be able to just summon them? If it'll be explained in the course of P3 then just say that and I'll play till I find out.

Dracil on
  • Options
    Dracil wrote: »
    Heh, I have the Dengeki P4G guide on my desk. I'm hoping I fully finish P3P just in time for P4G, but I'm spending a lot of time on P4A instead.

At the risk of slight spoilers, since the P3 and P4 are obviously connected because of P4A.
    Why do the P3 characters need "Envokers" and why are they shaped like a gun whereas P4 characters seem to be able to just summon them? If it'll be explained in the course of P3 then just say that and I'll play till I find out.

I believe it was all metaphorical stuff that looked edgy. I don't know if they ever examine the reasons in game.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Basically, the P3 cast was using their personas out in the open world, which is harder to do than when inside the midnight channel (where the P4 cast uses their personas). As such, the evokers helped them with summoning. Later in P3, they figure out that they don't actually need them, but it's still easier to use them than not to. That's why Akihiko and Mitsuru still carry around evokers and uses them for certain moves in P4A - they realize that they don't need them, but it's sort of a comfort thing.

Mechanically speaking, the evokers induce a feeling of extreme stress and terror in the user. The "how" part is left unexplained, though. Generally, though, it's just a thematic thing. They were originally going to be tarot cards, but were changed to the gun shape to fit the theme of the game better.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    To elaborate, there's a character silhouette and amazing music, making it more likely this is not a Meguro OST.

I'm getting Kenichi Tsuchiya vibes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf4sG6PggPw

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, can we please stop just posting the link and explaining nothing? That's kinda dumb.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Oh man, I believe in the Heart of the Cards now.

Also, Personas on Motorcycles!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    What do you need to explain? Just open your eyes and ears soldier!

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Not all of us check the site every day, just a sentence or two talking about what's changed would be nice.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    I'm starting to think I should.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Man I hope there's a trailer at tgs. I need to see some gameplay. I need to.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to just get drunk and lament the fact that SMTIV isn't coming out on a console. What do you think the demifiend would drink? Aside from the blood of his enemies, of course.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Protein.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Website changes every week/10 days.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to just get drunk and lament the fact that SMTIV isn't coming out on a console. What do you think the demifiend would drink? Aside from the blood of his enemies, of course.
    Juice boxes.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Cielo mist, obviously.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options

Wait, SMT4 is a PC game? I thought it was a 3DS title?

• Options
    KiTA wrote: »

3DS != console.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Basically, the P3 cast was using their personas out in the open world, which is harder to do than when inside the midnight channel (where the P4 cast uses their personas). As such, the evokers helped them with summoning. Later in P3, they figure out that they don't actually need them, but it's still easier to use them than not to. That's why Akihiko and Mitsuru still carry around evokers and uses them for certain moves in P4A - they realize that they don't need them, but it's sort of a comfort thing.

Mechanically speaking, the evokers induce a feeling of extreme stress and terror in the user. The "how" part is left unexplained, though. Generally, though, it's just a thematic thing. They were originally going to be tarot cards, but were changed to the gun shape to fit the theme of the game better.

I don't recall it ever being explained in P3.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

3DS != console.

Was the SNES a console?

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

3DS != console.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handheld_game_console

I will fight you to the death on this

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In a moment of PAX weakness I picked up the P4 Official Design Works artbook.

Back of the box describes P4 as the "final game of the landmark Persona series." :rotate: :rotate: :rotate: :rotate:

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Aha

Aha

Ahahahahahaha

Oh, that made my day.

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Handhelds don't count as consoles. If I can't put the game in and have it play on my tv it doesn't count as a console.

Sorry that I come in here monthly and bang this drum. I'll just sit in the corner and remember the PS2 glory days.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus

Back of the box describes P4 as the "final game of the landmark Persona series." :rotate: :rotate: :rotate: :rotate:

Don't scare me like that, I've had a bad enough day as it is

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular

So, is P5 gunna go the way of Half-Life 3 and never come out? Cause that would suck.

However, this is Atlus we are talking about. I expect nothing but good can come from them.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    My assumption is that it is a direct translation from the Japanese version of the book that doesn't quite phrase right. "Latest" instead of "final", and all.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I think "console" is misapplied to handhelds. "Consoles," as far as I'm concerned, are stations (thus stationary).

Connotatively, it's become kind of a catch-all for "game system" buy I think the term "game system" is more appropriate.

That said, I'm personally damned glad that SMT IV is on a handheld game system. I just don't have the time for 60-100 hour RPGs at home anymore. I know some of you do and I don't deny that SMT IV would probably be higher calibur on my big screen TV than on my piddly little 3DS but or me it's basically a matter of being able to play it or not.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
This discussion has been closed.