As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX PRIME 2012 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Binny wrote: »
    How fast does the Convention Center Parking usually fill up? Any advice on what time someone should show up to get a parking space? I use a wheelchair and need parking with easy access to the Convention Center.
    I think there is high enough turnover in the garage that that there is a decent chance to find a spot through most of the day. If it is full, a short wait will solve the problem. If you have the permit, there are disabled access spots around, though.

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    ctiwolfctiwolf Registered User regular
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    How fast does the Convention Center Parking usually fill up? Any advice on what time someone should show up to get a parking space? I use a wheelchair and need parking with easy access to the Convention Center.
    I think there is high enough turnover in the garage that that there is a decent chance to find a spot through most of the day. If it is full, a short wait will solve the problem. If you have the permit, there are disabled access spots around, though.

I stayed way past ,midnight last time so it was way easier for me to buy a weekend pass at the open air lots and just park, come and go whenever I wanted and I think I only paid 70 for all weekend and it was only 2 and a half blocks away from the convention center. The convention center parking was hard to get in and out and was pricy

• Options
    realchaos1realchaos1 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Where are the dancers at? I know there's got to be a few people learning the choreography right now...

realchaos1 on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    Gangnam style stopped being cool and funny about a day after it went viral.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    realchaos1 wrote: »
    Where are the dancers at? I know there's got to be a few people learning the choreography right now...
    parabola wrote: »
    Gangnam style stopped being cool and funny about a day after it went viral.

Wut?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    KibblemiteKibblemite Registered User new member
    Hello,
    I changed my address and it's after July 9th. I tried calling UPS to change the address that way, but they said that isn't allowed. Where do I go from here?

Thanks

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Email pax_questions@paxsite.com

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    Kibblemite wrote: »
    Hello,
    I changed my address and it's after July 9th. I tried calling UPS to change the address that way, but they said that isn't allowed. Where do I go from here?

Thanks

What Moe said, but if it's it's too late (i.e. they've already shipped), UPS doesn't allow you to merely call and change and address (think of the implications) however what I've done for other shipments that have come FedEx (and I think UPS has the same policy) is called and had them hold for an in person pickup at whatever their "in-person pickup" facility is. You have to come, show ID, the whole mess (so it's more secure than just "hi, redirect here.")
    Granted if you moved farther than "across town" this may or may not help you. (It might be sad that I've live in the same time my whole life that I only thought to write that at the end.)
    YMMV, as I said, I've done that for FedEx (I didn't tell them I moved, just to hold my package at the packing center for pickup because I didn't want it left on my porch) You'd like to think if that was an option they'd have told you, but alas, sometimes it just doesn't work like that.

• Options
    KibblemiteKibblemite Registered User new member
    edited August 2012
    Thanks girl

Kibblemite on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Kibblemite wrote: »
    Thanks girl

Niether of us are...you know what forget it, I've been confused for worse.
    I'd try the email first. You never know what hassle the UPS store might give you if your ID has the wrong address or somesuch. (My ID is 2 houses out of date anyway.)

tsrblke on
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    For East there was a thread that listed all the different after parties that were going on. Is there usually a thread like that for Prime?

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    For East there was a thread that listed all the different after parties that were going on. Is there usually a thread like that for Prime?

If someone makes one ;)

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

If someone makes one ;)

LOL noted. I guess that means I should step up huh? ;)

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    vennomm22vennomm22 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Hello I read that last pax there was a pass authentication booth but was unable to find any information on one or when It will be open. I'm looking at getting a pass online and would like to know anything I should take into consideration before buying like what kind of things can I look for to make sure I'm getting a real one. Thanks so much.

vennomm22 on
  • Options
    tinedizzletinedizzle Kelso, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Mod Edit: Merged thread titled "forum link missing from website"

Where did it go?

zerzhul on
  • Options
    CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    there will be an authentication booth available once again

• Options
    Do you happen to know when it will open by chance?

• Options
    CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    probably a few hours before the big show

• Options
    edited August 2012
    tinedizzle wrote: »
    Mod Edit: Merged thread titled "forum link missing from website"

Where did it go?

On prime.paxsite.com? It's below the countdown clock.

(edited to add context after the merger)

tsrblke on
  • Options
    LividhatterLividhatter Registered User regular
    Any barcraft events scheduled the weekend of prime?

• Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    I was wondering if anyone can help me with a question or two of mine in regards to passing out free samples.

I'd like to be able to pass out CD-Rs of my music, but I wasn't sure if this was okay, or if there were certain guidelines I had to follow. Who can I get in touch with to clarify this?

• Options
    tardcore wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone can help me with a question or two of mine in regards to passing out free samples.

I'd like to be able to pass out CD-Rs of my music, but I wasn't sure if this was okay, or if there were certain guidelines I had to follow. Who can I get in touch with to clarify this?

You can contact pax_questions@paxsite.com but in general distribution of that type is reserved for exhibitors.

• Options
    (DN)Bow Master(DN)Bow Master Registered User regular
    question, no airsoft weapons of any kind even if they are disabled? right?
    how about airsoft weapons that are broken in pieces?

• Options
    krysrussell13krysrussell13 Registered User new member
    So if my friend gives me their badge that they got in the mail already, then thats all I need to get into the convention?

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So if my friend gives me their badge that they got in the mail already, then thats all I need to get into the convention?
    Yep!

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    Can you give more details on what you intend to bring? Maybe pictures?

a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    nigholithnigholith Registered User regular
    I'd love to get my hands on some past PAXDev speaking events in video/audio/transcript form. Is there anywhere out there that hosts such material?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    PaxDev isn't for the press or public, posting video kind of defeats that purpose.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    KaleraKalera Registered User new member
    I didn't know where else to put this. I emailed for a disability pass ans was advised it was being sent to the registration manager. A week went buy and i heard nothing back. I emailed again with my concern that i had not received any further information. This time i simply received a response from the general email to simply go to the information desk and i could pick up my medical passes there.

This concerns me as a gave no personal information ever the email which means i would go to the desk and i would be told they know nothing about it.

I assume there is the process of contacting the disability support team in advance for a reason. Not simply go to the info desk and your set.

I don't know where to go from here but i want this done right with no hiccups. It's our first year to attend and i want the least amount of stress possible. That means knowing tickets and other travel information is secure.

Please if anyone can further assist or advise me your input would be greatly appreciated.
    Kal.

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    I can answer this! I had the disability pass last time I came to PAX, and it really is as simple as turn up and pick up your pass. I always bring some proof - in case just looking at me isn't enough, but I didn't need it - there is an element of trust here. If you're still concerned you could email Khahil who deals with the passes. PM sent.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    ShyanaShyana Registered User regular
    Guess there are a lot of first years. I am one of them. I am looking to know about side events such as the Assassins ball or the Cookie bingo. I haven't found much about things like this and i am sure there are a lot more out there. i was wondering what recommendations people have for mini games and events happening over the course of the expo. i know some of the local cons have things like rock paper scissors with winners cards. when you win you get the other players winners cards. when they have no more they are out of the game at the end of the con the person with the most win cards gets a prize.

things like that. does anyone know where i can find out about events like that ?

• Options
    Shyana wrote: »
    Guess there are a lot of first years. I am one of them. I am looking to know about side events such as the Assassins ball or the Cookie bingo. I haven't found much about things like this and i am sure there are a lot more out there. i was wondering what recommendations people have for mini games and events happening over the course of the expo. i know some of the local cons have things like rock paper scissors with winners cards. when you win you get the other players winners cards. when they have no more they are out of the game at the end of the con the person with the most win cards gets a prize.

things like that. does anyone know where i can find out about events like that ?

Well there are threads for the assassin's game, and the cookie bingo, with info for those within. I've not heard of anything like the RPS, but we have buttoneering to trade buttons with each other :) it's not a game exactly, except to collect. Just take a look at the threads on the first 2-3 pages.

• Options
    jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    The parking fills up REALLY quickly in the morning, but if you've got at disabled hangtag or license plate, there should ~always be disabled reserved spaces available in the garage right near the WSCC garage entrance.

--Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Options
    jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    Kalera wrote: »
    I didn't know where else to put this. I emailed for a disability pass ans was advised it was being sent to the registration manager. A week went buy and i heard nothing back. I emailed again with my concern that i had not received any further information. This time i simply received a response from the general email to simply go to the information desk and i could pick up my medical passes there.

This concerns me as a gave no personal information ever the email which means i would go to the desk and i would be told they know nothing about it.

I assume there is the process of contacting the disability support team in advance for a reason. Not simply go to the info desk and your set.

I don't know where to go from here but i want this done right with no hiccups. It's our first year to attend and i want the least amount of stress possible. That means knowing tickets and other travel information is secure.

Please if anyone can further assist or advise me your input would be greatly appreciated.
    Kal.
    Just go to Registration or the Info Booth. They/we can give you (and up to one assistant) a medical pass on site with no warning or documentation necessary.

"We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well its' going to be similar to the gun dismantled here
    mb20xz.jpg

Cause when i made a blue print of my OC, there was one concept where he is wielding a completed dismantled gun
    The inside will be removed and the barrel will have a u shape pointing down wards

(DN)Bow Master on
  • Options
    Anyone know of places to sleep/park at other than renting hotels? Im cheap

• Options
    vennomm22 wrote: »
    Anyone know of places to sleep/park at other than renting hotels? Im cheap
    Kalig wrote: »
    If I decide to sleep in the back of my mini-van, where can I park overnight without being woken up by the police?
    On private property with the permission of the property owner. Also, at a campground (the nearest ones are well outside of the city). Basically there is no place to do this near the convention center.

• Options
    mb20xz.jpg
    Cause when i made a blue print of my OC, there was one concept where he is wielding a completed dismantled gun
    The inside will be removed and the barrel will have a u shape pointing down wards
    Dismantled is different from broken. While I can't say for certain that it will or won't pass all checks, I would recommend you not bring it.

a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    mb20xz.jpg
    Dismantled is different from broken. While I can't say for certain that it will or won't pass all checks, I would recommend you not bring it.
    Define "wielding" and I should have a more definitive answer than @dyaballikl can provide.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    mb20xz.jpg
    Define "wielding" and I should have a more definitive answer than @dyaballikl can provide.

Like there will be no trigger on the inside, the trigger, instead the trigger will be attached to the outside, giving the war torn affect. More onto the trigger Also the barrel pointing downward would give a person whose looking at it a feel that its destroyed and cannot be used.
    ill post up the blue print once i am done so you would have a better understanding
    391177_475352132476092_1571920473_n.jpg
    crap... MS.... >.<

(DN)Bow Master on
This discussion has been closed.