Options

HULK SMASH PUNY BOX OFFICE RECORDS!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Hank Scorpio allows work hammocks

Which sounds appealing to me for some reason, even though, though I've never used a hammock, they look like they'd be extremely uncomfortable

But it sounds nice

Hammock

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Hank Scorpio would relocate your family to a better house in a better community.

For a promotion he will put an additional floor on top of that house.

He gives three weeks of paid vacation time a year.

And every Friday the cafeteria serves hotdogs, hamburgers & beer.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    y'know, seeing the way Hank Scorpio's company works, why shouldn't he take over the world?

I mean, would it really be all that bad if he ran things?

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    The problem is Scorpio trying to take power by force (and failing)

If he's so great he should run for office

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Guys I just saw this movie, I dunno if anyone has heard of it - The Avengers? Anyone? I recommend it, it was pretty neat.

• Options
    popularity.png

Poor Sam Jackson
    Getting upstaged by all these darn youngins

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Italy or France?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    The problem is Scorpio trying to take power by force (and failing)

If he's so great he should run for office

Lesser men allow their fate to be determined by the masses.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Can I just say I absolutely loved Loki in this movie where in Thor I was pretty meh about him.

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    I want to see Batman Rise

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/04/09/growing-up-kirby-the-marvel-memories-of-jack-kirbys-son/#/0

this been posted yet?

great article by Jack Kirby's son about growing up with Jack Kirby as your dad.

• Options
    Can I just say I absolutely loved Loki in this movie where in Thor I was pretty meh about him.

Have you rewatched it recently?

I thought he was amazing
    My favourite movie villain

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Guys I just saw this movie, I dunno if anyone has heard of it - The Avengers? Anyone? I recommend it, it was pretty neat.

Isn't that some British show with an awful film? :mrgreen:

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

I thought he was alright in Thor, but in Avengers he ups the smarminess to epic proportions and just runs with the deceptive douchebag schtick to amazing results.

My favorite example of this is
    in the start of the Thor vs. Iron Man fight, when Thor tells him to listen and Tony rams him, the look on his face and his deliver of "...I'm listening" was perfect. And the back and forth with Thor right before that was pretty damn good as well.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/04/09/growing-up-kirby-the-marvel-memories-of-jack-kirbys-son/#/0

this been posted yet?

great article by Jack Kirby's son about growing up with Jack Kirby as your dad.

I've read it, it is a boss piece

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular

I thought he was alright in Thor, but in Avengers he ups the smarminess to epic proportions and just runs with the deceptive douchebag schtick to amazing results.

in the start of the Thor vs. Iron Man fight, when Thor tells him to listen and Tony rams him, the look on his face and his deliver of "...I'm listening" was perfect. And the back and forth with Thor right before that was pretty damn good as well.

another cool thing about that scene is
    two ravens fly by when there's a lull in the conversation

• Options

Loki had chemistry with everyone. Unfortunately I don't think he had much time facing off with Cap. Aside from Germany, which was mostly just fighting, I don't remember them having any significant encounters to clash with their beliefs.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular

I thought he was amazing

Yeah, he makes Thor for me. I haven't been able to see Avengers but one of my concerns was that he might be written from a villain with some depth to just another two dimensional evil punching bag for the heroes.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

I thought he was amazing

Yeah, he makes Thor for me. I haven't been able to see Avengers but one of my concerns was that he might be written from a villain with some depth to just another two dimensional evil punching bag for the heroes.

Put that fear to rest. He's not the most complex villain put on film, but he's got good depth, interacts well with almost all the major players and his patter and expressions in several scenes are priceless.

Hiddleston has made the part his own, and rocks it.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    You realize anti-villain isn't a word, right?

I'm pretty sure an anti-villain would just be a hero.

Well an anti-hero is a dark, edgy hero.

So maybe an anti-villain is a nice, polite villain.

Maybe some one like Count Dooku?

serenity-2-20060413021803366-000.jpg

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

Isn't that some British show with an awful film? :mrgreen:

Oh you.

• Options
    Why the hell does that guy look so familiar?

• Options

I thought he was amazing

I'll half agree with Raijin in that Loki was way better in this film than in Thor. But he was still pretty good in Thor anyhow. We just didn't get to see a lot of full-frontal known-villain side because he was being deceptive as shit throughout Thor.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    well fuck me

I didn't think this could possibly be good but I was incorrect

• Options

I thought he was amazing

I'll half agree with Raijin in that Loki was way better in this film than in Thor. But he was still pretty good in Thor anyhow. We just didn't get to see a lot of full-frontal known-villain side because he was being deceptive as shit throughout Thor.

I do need to watch Thor again. I only saw it right after I bought it on blu ray and I was distracted while watching it.

• Options
    Why the hell does that guy look so familiar?

It's The Operative from Serenity.

• Options
    Well that explains it

I only ever did see that movie once

• Options

I thought he was amazing

I can't really compare them since they're from separate stages in his villainous career. Both Loki's were brilliantly executed, only for different reasons.

• Options
    Well that explains it

I only ever did see that movie once

Chiwetel Ejiofor has also had major roles in films like Inside Man, Children of Men, and Salt

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Yeah, I like the idea that Loki just wanted to be the hero so, damn, bad in Thor and really show why he was better than his brother.

I mean, all the Ettins he killed were complete monsters themselves. They wanted nothing more than to get their power back and go on a rampage of murder and conquest.

So yeah, he was a schemer and liar and jealous of his brother...

And then he let go of his Brother on the Bifrost and his mind... just... broke.

Like one of those, "if I can't have her, NO ONE CAN" sort of people. He's so completely despicable in Avengers though I was rooting for someone to kill him.

• Options

I thought he was amazing

I can't really compare them since they're from separate stages in his villainous career. Both Loki's were brilliantly executed, only for different reasons.

That's true, in Thor it's the tipping point of him turning to be a villain. The Avengers he's already there.

I dunno, these movies haven't failed to impress me at all. I was worried with The Avengers, but that really washes away quickly when the film is going by in front of you. My big fear about it, which I mentioned over in D&D, was that Hawkeye wasn't going to get shit for screen time, but goddamn he got just as much as everyone else and was just as well executed.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Hank Scorpio allows work hammocks

Which sounds appealing to me for some reason, even though, though I've never used a hammock, they look like they'd be extremely uncomfortable

But it sounds nice

Hammock

You keep saying things that just make absolutely no sense.

Hammocks are incredible.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Big shout out to Blake, by the way

Knowing what a "quim" was made that scene so much better the first time I saw it

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    re: ending credits scene
    is it true that the non-U.S. version of the film had a longer shot of Thanos holding the Infinity Gauntlet, but no shawarma scene at the very end?

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Seriously wrote: »
    well fuck me

I didn't think this could possibly be good but I was incorrect

I know, right?

• Options
    Yeah, I like the idea that Loki just wanted to be the hero so, damn, bad in Thor and really show why he was better than his brother.

I mean, all the Ettins he killed were complete monsters themselves. They wanted nothing more than to get their power back and go on a rampage of murder and conquest.

So yeah, he was a schemer and liar and jealous of his brother...

And then he let go of his Brother on the Bifrost and his mind... just... broke.

Like one of those, "if I can't have her, NO ONE CAN" sort of people. He's so completely despicable in Avengers though I was rooting for someone to kill him.

It must've pleased the shit out of you, like me, when
    Hulk just cuts him off from his villainous speech and wrecks his shit in a hurry.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    is it true that the non-U.S. version of the film had a longer shot of Thanos holding the Infinity Gauntlet, but no shawarma scene at the very end?
    Nope

well the latter yes but not the first part

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    Anyone else think of the Guild of Calamitous Intent when Fury was answering to the Council of SHIELD?

• Options
    There was no schwarma scene, but I think the Thanos scene was the same

• Options
    Big shout out to Blake, by the way

Knowing what a "quim" was made that scene so much better the first time I saw it

I'm completely in favor of resurrecting historical curses for modern use.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
This discussion has been closed.