Options

HULK SMASH PUNY BOX OFFICE RECORDS!

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    The one redeeming quality of that poster is the David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury.

If only to remind us of the dark times, before Marvel got their shit together w/ regards to movie rights and the majestic arc they've constructed for us the last 5+ years.

David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury is amazing. I remember seeing that movie on Sci-Fi and loving it. I own that DVD and still enjoy it. I think I'm going to have to watch it again now.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

Scarlett Johansson: surprise, still pretty

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    Why aren't more people talking about how Harry Dean Stanton was in this movie

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    people looking for whedon cameos in the avengers have mostly forgotten that jeremy renner had a guest spot on angel

also I'm not entirely sure how I know that given that I've only watched the first six episodes of angel and then the one where he gets turned into a muppet

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Why the hell does that guy look so familiar?

It's The Operative from Serenity.

That guy's claim to fame is definitely not fucking serenity.

Until they wise up and cast Chiwetel Ejiofor as T'Challa, Serenity is where a lot of people are going to know him from, especially the sort of people who'll be in this thread.

Also that picture is from Serenity.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

I don't see anything wrong with his hair.

He was quite obviously a fan of The Boz, back in the day:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPelTwfCGcHpDZAGz1VeEzvTvtX5uKjfmStKfLu3NbsE1DmBM5pm49usl5_w

Now, the flat-top/spike/mullet combo nowadays would be horrendous, but it was the late 80's, so I'll cut the guy some slack.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular

I yelled out HARRY DEAN STANTON when he showed up.

I am awesome.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

I was so excited when I saw him.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

But that is his character in Serenity and the discussion was about villains who have non-villainous intentions

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

Until they wise up and cast Chiwetel Ejiofor as T'Challa, Serenity is where a lot of people are going to know him from, especially the sort of people who'll be in this thread.

Also that picture is from Serenity.

Dear this thread:

Go watch children of men and dirty pretty things.

I'll wait.

• Options
    Or I mean jesus even four brothers.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Langly would you hate me if I said my opinion of CoM worsens every time I watch it?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    That's where I know him from! Children of Men

Which is a film I was not particularly crazy about

Also I had to look up who Harry Dean Stanton was

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Langly would you hate me if I said my opinion of CoM worsens every time I watch it?

beautifully shot.

no intention of ever watching it again.

• Options
    Yes I would hate you!

Although I have seen it like three times I guess? So I don't know. It isn't really a movie you get a group of friends together and watch.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Scarlett Johansson: surprise, still pretty

Mark Ruffalo looks like such a nerd.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    people looking for whedon cameos in the avengers have mostly forgotten that jeremy renner had a guest spot on angel

also I'm not entirely sure how I know that given that I've only watched the first six episodes of angel and then the one where he gets turned into a muppet

That's five Whedonites in the film.
    Jeremy Renner for Hawkeye, Alexis Denisof for The Other, Ashley Johnson for the Waitress, Enver Gjokai for Young Cop & J. August Richards for uncredited bystander.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Children of Men just has way too many things that bug the shit out of me each time I watch it. It is shot beautifully like Angry said but that's about it.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Yeah, I like the idea that Loki just wanted to be the hero so, damn, bad in Thor and really show why he was better than his brother.

I mean, all the Ettins he killed were complete monsters themselves. They wanted nothing more than to get their power back and go on a rampage of murder and conquest.

So yeah, he was a schemer and liar and jealous of his brother...

And then he let go of his Brother on the Bifrost and his mind... just... broke.

Like one of those, "if I can't have her, NO ONE CAN" sort of people. He's so completely despicable in Avengers though I was rooting for someone to kill him.

It must've pleased the shit out of you, like me, when
    Hulk just cuts him off from his villainous speech and wrecks his shit in a hurry.

Yes, but I actually liked two 'pwned Loki' moments better. :D

When
    Steve, just an enhanced soldier, stood up to a ranting GOD in Germany and smashed his face in. It made punching out Hitler look small time. ;)

And then when Loki got a face-full of repulsor beam from Tony to avenge Phil.

Those were both awesome, "shut the hell up you goddamn monster," moments.
    smashed his face in? loki was pretty clearly in no danger at all from cap, while cap was getting thrown around like a child.

That's hyperbole and not really the point. The point is...
    Captain America, an only slightly super human solider, was able to go toe-to-toe with a norse god and was not reduced to a messy stain on the ground. And he was not afraid.

And no, I don't think Loki was pulling his punches. Yes he wanted to be captured, but there was no reason for him to take more hits than he needed to.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I like the idea that Loki just wanted to be the hero so, damn, bad in Thor and really show why he was better than his brother.

I mean, all the Ettins he killed were complete monsters themselves. They wanted nothing more than to get their power back and go on a rampage of murder and conquest.

Like one of those, "if I can't have her, NO ONE CAN" sort of people. He's so completely despicable in Avengers though I was rooting for someone to kill him.

Hulk just cuts him off from his villainous speech and wrecks his shit in a hurry.

When
    Steve, just an enhanced soldier, stood up to a ranting GOD in Germany and smashed his face in. It made punching out Hitler look small time. ;)

smashed his face in? loki was pretty clearly in no danger at all from cap, while cap was getting thrown around like a child.

Captain America, an only slightly super human solider, was able to go toe-to-toe with a norse god and was not reduced to a messy stain on the ground. And he was not afraid.

And no, I don't think Loki was pulling his punches. Yes he wanted to be captured, but there was no reason for him to take more hits than he needed to.
    only slightly super human...

loki was smashed in to a concrete floor over and over by the hulk and was fine.

if loki had wanted to kill captain america right then and there he easily could have.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

When

Agreed. Cap's the only human who was strong enough not to get turned to paste in close quarters combat with Loki. Hawkeye & Black Widow are skilled enough to make him work for a win, but one or two hits from the Norse God and they'd be dead or severely injured.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Help. I want that loki gif
    fuck this realm

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Who is the guy doing those comics? Reminds me of Hiimdaisy's stuff.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Children of Men just has way too many things that bug the shit out of me each time I watch it. It is shot beautifully like Angry said but that's about it.

Yup.

I mean, throughout the movie I had moments where I went "Oh, yes. This is how it should be. Good work, movie!"

And then it smashed them into the ground and went with the cliche.

Read the book a little later. Everything the film disappointed me with the book did right.

• Options
    I assume the book is "everyone dies of old age, the end?"

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I quite liked Children of Men. I'd go so far as to say it's one of my favourite sci-fi movies.

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joZODFleOaA

The Hoff is pretty darn good as Fury I must say.

I like the way he beats the crap out of the guy sent to contact him.

It's like, how he handshakes.

SLJ is great too, but maybe for the next Avengers film we can have two Nick Fury's.

Obviously, you can tell them apart because Hoff would have the patch over the *other* eye.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So, have we discussed this yet?
    Iron Man 3 looks to be shaping up very nicely indeed. Not only has Ben Kingsley signed on to play one of the film's villains, but Variety is now reporting that Guy Pearce is set to join the cast as geneticist Aldrich Killian.

The new film will be loosely based upon Warren Ellis' Extremis series, in which the theme of nanotechnology is at the forefront of events. Ever on the lookout for ways to improve upon his famous suit, Tony Stark employs the technology on his latest version. However, his plans go awry when his customisations become threatened by a virus.

Pearce is in line to play the aforementioned Killian, a genetic scientist who helps to create the Extremis virus, a threat to nanobot technology. When he sells his research to a terrorist cell, things become tricky for the newly vulnerable Iron Man.

This all fits in with what Marvel's Kevin Feige recently told Collider about the plan to take Tony Stark out of his comfort zone for this third film.

"Iron Man 3 is very much inspired by the first half of Iron Man 1," said Feige. "We’re not going back to the cave, but he’s stripped of everything, he’s backed up against a wall, and he’s gotta use his intelligence to get out of it. He can’t call Thor, he can’t call Cap, he can’t call Nick Fury, and he can’t look for the Helicarrier in the sky."

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    So long as "taking him out of his comfort zone" means more fight scenes than IM2, I am perfectly okay with that.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Also apparently Andy Lau, one of the "Four Heavenly Kings of Cantopop", has been signed on to star in it to some capacity.

Andylau_in_concert_4.30.2011-02.jpg

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I assume the book is "everyone dies of old age, the end?"

No.

Partially because so few people live to "die of old age" instead of signing up for the peaceful government suicide option. Where they drown you safely away from prying eyes because, well, it's cheap and come on, you signed up for this.

The pregnant mother comes along in the second half, but the set-up is completely different. No big resistance movement. Not many people give enough of a shit anymore to try that, and the bastard at the top has left things pretty nice, compared to everywhere else. Just a few crackpots with totally different hobbyhorses.

Just very different.

• Options
    Bah,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZWzf3h50LU&feature=related

That justified Iron Man 2 right there.

• Options
    Bah,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_nlWpT8Lz0

That justified Iron Man 2 right there.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    extremis was a great story and everything, but I really like when Tony is just a normal dude when not in the armor

this "armor hiding in my bones" business is just offputting

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Also apparently Andy Lau, one of the "Four Heavenly Kings of Cantopop", has been signed on to star in it to some capacity.

Andylau_in_concert_4.30.2011-02.jpg

Wait wait WHAT?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Help. I want that loki gif
    fuck this realm
    tumblr_m3muo0sOBA1qdv0k6o1_400.gif

• Options
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    extremis was a great story and everything, but I really like when Tony is just a normal dude when not in the armor

this "armor hiding in my bones" business is just offputting

Well, hopefully they'll leave out that part of the story.

• Options
    Unlikely if the story is about nanotech.

This discussion has been closed.