As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rage of Bahamut] Manor of (Dis)illusions F2P CCG. Dragons. Cards. Boobies.

• Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    Yeah I found that out after I wasted all those circles getting him :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VerboseVerbose That one guy over there. That guy. Registered User regular
    BLUE KEY YOU SAY? I am very muchly a defense oriented focus and it has kind of sucked so far. So someone in my Order recommends I get some blue treasures, and now that I have a blue key and blue medal so many glorious failed attacks are incoming. Also you can totally stack a ton of Magic circles on one treasure. I put like 10 on my blue medal and 5 on my blue key. And are CWs really worth a lot now? Because I have like 26 CWs stockpiled.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    They're worth a decent about. 3ish will get you a rare.

Check out the trading forums

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    So... am I ever going to start finding things better than normals or the occasional high normal? Now that I'm in the mid twenties these upgraded normals are starting to lose their effectiveness.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Talked about dis in the threaaaaad.

Go back a page or two

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    VerboseVerbose That one guy over there. That guy. Registered User regular
    All my awesome stuff comes from events. Events is where it is at. Even better if you can join a good order.

• Options
    Pretty much that.

And trading Holy Powder and Cure Waters.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    So when are these events?

As for an Order, not sure if mine is super active yet. It was created a few days ago by someone from here I think. I donated some stuff and got promoted to Attack Leader, which has been helping my battles ALOT.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zorak15Zorak15 Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    So when are these events?

As for an Order, not sure if mine is super active yet. It was created a few days ago by someone from here I think. I donated some stuff and got promoted to Attack Leader, which has been helping my battles ALOT.

Events used to be just about one-after-the-other. They've slowed down a bit lately, likely due to the Battle Ranking being introduced. I could use another good Easter Egg event, myself...

ATK Leader is great, because it helps you every time you decide to attack a player. DEF leader might be the new hotness, though, with the Battle Ranking making defense a ton more important now.

Zorak15 on
    steam_sig.png
    Registered member since '04, Lurking since '99!
  • Options
    My two main cards right now seem to be a Nightmare and Alluring angel i got somehow. Are they good to use?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Sonelan wrote: »
    My two main cards right now seem to be a Nightmare and Alluring angel i got somehow. Are they good to use?

Aside from skills and matching your faction, it's all about what has the highest ATK/DEF for your deck. If those are the best two you have at the moment, use 'em!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zorak15 wrote: »

Aside from skills and matching your faction, it's all about what has the highest ATK/DEF for your deck. If those are the best two you have at the moment, use 'em!

I was more wondering if they are worth enchancing since alot of the cards I have seem to be bad.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

I was more wondering if they are worth enchancing since alot of the cards I have seem to be bad.

Oh. I'm thinking not so much.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I've been enchancing Nightmare off and on for abit since she is my best card and also maxed an Archangel since i don't really know what else to do with all the cards I get that I don't need to evolve anymore.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

I've been enchancing Nightmare off and on for abit since she is my best card and also maxed an Archangel since i don't really know what else to do with all the cards I get that I don't need to evolve anymore.

You get a good archive bonus from max enhancing cards. No real big loss to max them, use them while they are good, then move on.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    So I have a Goblin Fighter that's in my top two best cards at the moment. My faction is Man, though, and I want to know if there's a comparable card for it that I can somehow trade for.

Also, I know how valuable it is to *me*, but it's probably way more valuable to someone who already has a Goblin Fighter +, so how much can I milk this person for it?

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Rage of Bahamut. Search for "Gods Cards" for instance, to see a list.

Goblin Fighter is a standard rare. It's worth another rare or 2-3 HP.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    So are cure waters worth holding onto or should I be using them to level faster?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    you might be able to use them to con bad people into giving you good cards even though they're largely worthless as trading material.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    It'd be nice if i could get one to trade me a reshef or vayu but i doubt that. Really makes me wish I had some actual cards people want to trade for.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Sometimes people buy cure waters on the trading forum. Check it out and you might get lucky.

• Options
    Which one is that again? The robforum one?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
  • Options
    Wonder if 3 cw is a good trade for one of them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Curewaters go up in demand when there are Stamina-based events.

Just hang onto them until then

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Drat already offered them to someone in a trade to try and improve my defense deck. It doesn't seem to work well right now when its all dudes with about double the amount of attack as def in it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    you might be able to use them to con bad people into giving you good cards even though they're largely worthless as trading material.

Wut.

A CW is worth an HP at a 3-5:1 ratio, depending on what's going on. I definitely used them at a ratio of about 6:1 to HP to make trades, including for a high rare.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    5,6:1 is kinda bad. . . If its generally 3 HP for a rare, that would make it 15 CW for the rare. Okay so "largely worthless" was a bit of hyperbole. I stand by my statement.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    5,6:1 is kinda bad. . . If its generally 3 HP for a rare, that would make it 15 CW for the rare. Okay so "largely worthless" was a bit of hyperbole. I stand by my statement.

Well, HP is the only standard currency with which you can purchase High Rares and above. Cure Waters are the only other currency with which you can reliably get access to more HP's or high rares. HP's are two dollar bills and cure waters are quarters. Quarters aren't worthless?

• Options
    A week ago: people would happily give you 3 CW for 1 HP. In reverse you might have to pay 4 cw for 1 hp.

Has this changed now that non-cash bought HP isn't tradeable?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So is 28k atk a good amount at level 40? And does anyone happen to know how you level up skills on your cards?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    So is 28k atk a good amount at level 40? And does anyone happen to know how you level up skills on your cards?

I'd focus on bringing your attack up with some rabbit cards (get 4 of your faction from the next Easter event) or try to get 4 HRs at the next holy war event. To up your card's skill level you use High Normal cards with skills as feeders.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Awww I thought my attack was pretty good since I almost always win. And damn I wish I had more high normals to use. I just get a bunch of crap normals atm.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Awww I thought my attack was pretty good since I almost always win. And damn I wish I had more high normals to use. I just get a bunch of crap normals atm.

Heh, it's good. Winning is the real test! You'll get high normals with skills easy once you max out the quest level.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Heh, it's good. Winning is the real test! You'll get high normals with skills easy once you max out the quest level.

Like reach the end of the quest lines? Or go back to it once I max out the progress bar?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Like reach the end of the quest lines? Or go back to it once I max out the progress bar?

I'm at the very end of the quest line. There are no new quests for me at this point. It says something about how they'll add more areas in future updates. And the rare drop for the quest is Lady Gunner, which is handy for skilling up man cards.

Update: The Witches in 31-3 are good too. And cheaper to farm.

Zorak15 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A week ago: people would happily give you 3 CW for 1 HP. In reverse you might have to pay 4 cw for 1 hp.

Has this changed now that non-cash bought HP isn't tradeable?

I was actually wrong, somewhat, about the HP. HP isn't tradeable until you get to mission 11, which makes alts less easy to farm with but doesn't hugely impact normal players. I do think that CW is worth less compared to HP, but it could be because there's not been a CW event in awhile, whereas there's a constant HP event going forever now.

• Options
    Ok so in order to level up a skill on a card I have to enhance it with high normals or better that have skills right? If so the skill doesn't stay leveled if you evolve it correct? Also how many cards with skills do you have to evolve it with?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Ok so in order to level up a skill on a card I have to enhance it with high normals or better that have skills right? If so the skill doesn't stay leveled if you evolve it correct? Also how many cards with skills do you have to evolve it with?

Correct! You only ever want to evolve the skill level of a final form card. The amount of cards increases your percentage chance, which will be listed at the top of the pre-enhance page. The percentage chance is based on the skill in question. Really good cards with really good skill might only give you a 10% chance, even with 10 feeder cards fed into it!

I have lost a good deal of HN feeder cards to the random number demon. My advice is: use as many cards as you have to in order to get the chance as close to 100% as you can without going too far over. It sucks to lose 10 HN skill cards for zero gain.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Does the Angel Queen factor into skill enhances?