[Phalla]Romance of the Two Kingdoms: Final Act. The Day of the Dead

17810121322

Posts

  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Well, if he wasn't the one to die, then who should? I really don't think anyone has done anything to merit death shy of blind accusations.

    And I have sort of helped everybody by letting everybody have a say in who dies. Can you say that about anybody else?

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    I'm afraid I still don't quite see the point of electing thorgot only to have him kill himself to prove his willingness to obey. Even when he does, all that we'll have accomplished is having a meaningless day.

    There never was a point. This is just revenge from the people who wanted him dead yesterday, starting a bandwagon to get support of people who think it will be funny if he kills himself. If we can get him elected again he'll be immune to his kill vote though.

    No, I won't be immune to my own kill. That's why I want people to elect me again today. So if they change their minds later and decide to kill somebody else, they can vote again tomorrow. And if they don't change their minds, nobody will be in power, especially not somebody from the opposite family.

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Look at the bright side: if you win the vote, then technically, no one dies(I think).

    cj iwakura on
    lPeK6xY.png
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2007
    Partially for my own sake as a marker because I've tallied the votes up to this point.

    sadsaduv0.th.png

    Aroduc on
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Look at the bright side: if you win the vote, then technically, no one dies(I think).
    Aroduc wrote: »
    Well, the final decision is still the person in office, but barring them being elected again (and thus immune to death for that night), I'll say that they can order themselves to death.

    And also, since that put me into thinking other ways the elected person can die. If they're one of the lovers, and on the night they're elected (immune to death), their lover dies, then they will commit suicide to join them. That's the only way the elected person can die on the night of their election. That's the only way the person elected can die.

    Of course, on their way out of office, they're fair game.

    If I win both votes, I guess I won't be killing anybody.

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2007
    Executive veto. The person in office has to kill -someone- not immune to death.

    Stop trying to drag this game out indefinitely, you bastards. :P

    Aroduc on
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well then, to speed things along, I guess I'll help to make sure you don't win both votes.

    "A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step." - Lao Tse

    Moving nowhere will solve nothing. I !vote precisionk for this reason.

    Zek wrote: »
    I'm afraid I still don't quite see the point of electing thorgot only to have him kill himself to prove his willingness to obey. Even when he does, all that we'll have accomplished is having a meaningless day.

    There never was a point. This is just revenge from the people who wanted him dead yesterday, starting a bandwagon to get support of people who think it will be funny if he kills himself. If we can get him elected again he'll be immune to his kill vote though.
    This sounds like quite the bitter conclusion, especially since no one seems to know where each other's allegiances lie. Unless, perhaps, you happen to know something we do not?

    B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    Well then, to speed things along, I guess I'll help to make sure you don't win both votes.

    "A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step." - Lao Tse

    Moving nowhere will solve nothing. I !vote precisionk for this reason.

    Zek wrote: »
    I'm afraid I still don't quite see the point of electing thorgot only to have him kill himself to prove his willingness to obey. Even when he does, all that we'll have accomplished is having a meaningless day.

    There never was a point. This is just revenge from the people who wanted him dead yesterday, starting a bandwagon to get support of people who think it will be funny if he kills himself. If we can get him elected again he'll be immune to his kill vote though.
    This sounds like quite the bitter conclusion, especially since no one seems to know where each other's allegiances lie. Unless, perhaps, you happen to know something we do not?

    Maybe how Archonex and others who voted for me did so on the basis that it would "be funny?"?

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    I'm afraid I still don't quite see the point of electing thorgot only to have him kill himself to prove his willingness to obey. Even when he does, all that we'll have accomplished is having a meaningless day.

    There never was a point. This is just revenge from the people who wanted him dead yesterday, starting a bandwagon to get support of people who think it will be funny if he kills himself. If we can get him elected again he'll be immune to his kill vote though.
    This sounds like quite the bitter conclusion, especially since no one seems to know where each other's allegiances lie. Unless, perhaps, you happen to know something we do not?

    Are you joking? I know that yesterday Cowboy was a worshipper of precisionk in his election run, and brought up the suicide vote to discredit thorgot's democracy policy. Then thorgot won the election and Cowboy immediately sets out to make him kill himself. I wasn't aware this connection was difficult to see.

    Zek on
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    This sounds like quite the bitter conclusion, especially since no one seems to know where each other's allegiances lie. Unless, perhaps, you happen to know something we do not?

    Maybe how Archonex and others who voted for me did so on the basis that it would "be funny?"?
    Letsee, if I recall my history correctly...

    Only Cowboy, Archonex and Digger Dude gave that, or a similar reason, for voting for your execution. It would be quite unfair and manipulative to lump the majority for the crimes of a minority.

    B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    thorgot wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    This sounds like quite the bitter conclusion, especially since no one seems to know where each other's allegiances lie. Unless, perhaps, you happen to know something we do not?

    Maybe how Archonex and others who voted for me did so on the basis that it would "be funny?"?
    Letsee, if I recall my history correctly...

    Only Cowboy, Archonex and Digger Dude gave that, or a similar reason, for voting for your execution. It would be quite unfair and manipulative to lump the majority for the crimes of a minority.

    The only justification anyone has ever given is that they want to put his promise to the test. Which is meaningless because if he's proven trustworthy, he'll be dead. No one has provided a reason for this vote that actually makes sense.

    Zek on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I !vote for Thorgot because he seems to be do his best to help.
    I also !vote for Cowboybot67 twice because the idea of proving thor true to his word by making him kill himself is counter-productive and dumb.

    PsychoLarry1 on
  • AvaritiaAvaritia Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    thorgot wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    This sounds like quite the bitter conclusion, especially since no one seems to know where each other's allegiances lie. Unless, perhaps, you happen to know something we do not?

    Maybe how Archonex and others who voted for me did so on the basis that it would "be funny?"?
    Letsee, if I recall my history correctly...

    Only Cowboy, Archonex and Digger Dude gave that, or a similar reason, for voting for your execution. It would be quite unfair and manipulative to lump the majority for the crimes of a minority.

    The only justification anyone has ever given is that they want to put his promise to the test. Which is meaningless because if he's proven trustworthy, he'll be dead. No one has provided a reason for this vote that actually makes sense.

    The justification I've given is that Thorgot stated that he's a minor noble and therefor expendable.

    I've got another justification:
    Yesterday Thorgot was elected. Therefor he became the mightiest person in the game (although he lost that power by playing democratic). Probably both historians researched him that night. Killing Thorgot is reducing the historians knowledge and therefor their power. And I don't want the historians to become too powerful.

    Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    You know, he says its a democractic system but its far from it. Last I knew of a democratic system, you dont give people who support you double the votes. But meh straws and needles I say.

    I'm here to make an interesting game, and thorgot and precisionk both came out and said HAI GUYS VOTE FOR ME. Unfortunately, Precisionk had the right stand. Not some voting bullshit that convolutes the game more.


    If you vote for anyone BUT thorgot, You may kill a family member who has a freakin special power. Thorgot said he's a noble, why would you want a simple noble to live?! In my humble experience that makes him expendable.

    Unless he states what family he is in, my vote to kill him still stands, there is no reason to vote for anyone but him to die. A sad little king on a sad little hill.

    Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Avaritia wrote: »
    Killing Thorgot is reducing the historians knowledge and therefor their power. And I don't want the historians to become too powerful.
    Boy yes, it sure would be awful if we could all just trying to kill each other blindly for the whole game rather than directing our efforts to helping our families.

    PsychoLarry1 on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Avaritia wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    thorgot wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    This sounds like quite the bitter conclusion, especially since no one seems to know where each other's allegiances lie. Unless, perhaps, you happen to know something we do not?

    Maybe how Archonex and others who voted for me did so on the basis that it would "be funny?"?
    Letsee, if I recall my history correctly...

    Only Cowboy, Archonex and Digger Dude gave that, or a similar reason, for voting for your execution. It would be quite unfair and manipulative to lump the majority for the crimes of a minority.

    The only justification anyone has ever given is that they want to put his promise to the test. Which is meaningless because if he's proven trustworthy, he'll be dead. No one has provided a reason for this vote that actually makes sense.

    The justification I've given is that Thorgot stated that he's a minor noble and therefor expendable.

    I've got another justification:
    Yesterday Thorgot was elected. Therefor he became the mightiest person in the game (although he lost that power by playing democratic). Probably both historians researched him that night. Killing Thorgot is reducing the historians knowledge and therefor their power. And I don't want the historians to become too powerful.

    Well, I would disagree that he's expendable because he's probably the only person that will leave his power in the hands of the rest of us instead of playing by his own rules, which makes me much more nervous.

    As for the historians, in this game I don't think they are very powerful at all as long as they're not elected(precisionk claims to be a historian btw), because they can never prove their identity to the rest of us, even in death.

    Zek on
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Someone claiming to be a spy contacted me right after the vote yesterday to say that Rygar was investigated last night. He didn't name any families. Rygar immediately changed his vote over to Digger Dude.

    Does that help sway anybody's vote?

    tl;dr: Digger Dude is almost certainly a historian. Since he hasn't contacted anybody but Rygar, the odds are good that he isn't in your family, whatever it is. That is why I am voting Digger Dude for execution.

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • AvaritiaAvaritia Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Avaritia wrote: »
    Killing Thorgot is reducing the historians knowledge and therefor their power. And I don't want the historians to become too powerful.
    Boy yes, it sure would be awful if we could all just trying to kill each other blindly for the whole game rather than directing our efforts to helping our families.

    There are other ways to collect knowledge and being no historian I will utilize them. And feeding is easier once the big fish are gone.

    Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    Avaritia wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    thorgot wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    This sounds like quite the bitter conclusion, especially since no one seems to know where each other's allegiances lie. Unless, perhaps, you happen to know something we do not?

    Maybe how Archonex and others who voted for me did so on the basis that it would "be funny?"?
    Letsee, if I recall my history correctly...

    Only Cowboy, Archonex and Digger Dude gave that, or a similar reason, for voting for your execution. It would be quite unfair and manipulative to lump the majority for the crimes of a minority.

    The only justification anyone has ever given is that they want to put his promise to the test. Which is meaningless because if he's proven trustworthy, he'll be dead. No one has provided a reason for this vote that actually makes sense.


    The justification I've given is that Thorgot stated that he's a minor noble and therefor expendable.

    I've got another justification:
    Yesterday Thorgot was elected. Therefor he became the mightiest person in the game (although he lost that power by playing democratic). Probably both historians researched him that night. Killing Thorgot is reducing the historians knowledge and therefor their power. And I don't want the historians to become too powerful.

    Well, I would disagree that he's expendable because he's probably the only person that will leave his power in the hands of the rest of us instead of playing by his own rules, which makes me much more nervous.

    As for the historians, in this game I don't think they are very powerful at all as long as they're not elected(precisionk claims to be a historian btw), because they can never prove their identity to the rest of us, even in death.


    Leave his power to the people...or his plans with his successor...


    Psycholarry:

    I don't mind the votes psycho larry. But lets keep it clear, I asked him an honest question, and he had all the power in the world to tell me thats a retarded idea and he wouldnt do it. He painted his own corner. Everyone else wanted to see a funny show.

    Thorgot:

    Not particularly, so Rygar was investigated...and he changed his vote quickly to Digger...which so did you...

    Still not enough information.


    My vote to see thorgot die still stands...either he comes out in the open, or....

    Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh, and nobody claiming to be a historian has contacted me. Just this "spy" and some people asking for favors or information.

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • AvaritiaAvaritia Registered User
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Someone claiming to be a spy contacted me right after the vote yesterday to say that Rygar was investigated last night. He didn't name any families. Rygar immediately changed his vote over to Digger Dude.

    Does that help sway anybody's vote?

    tl;dr: Digger Dude is almost certainly a historian. Since he hasn't contacted anybody but Rygar, the odds are good that he isn't in your family, whatever it is. That is why I am voting Digger Dude for execution.

    How many people PMed you telling you they are your historian?

    Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Someone claiming to be a spy contacted me right after the vote yesterday to say that Rygar was investigated last night. He didn't name any families. Rygar immediately changed his vote over to Digger Dude.

    Does that help sway anybody's vote?

    tl;dr: Digger Dude is almost certainly a historian. Since he hasn't contacted anybody but Rygar, the odds are good that he isn't in your family, whatever it is. That is why I am voting Digger Dude for execution.


    didnt someone just say its retarded to kill off the only people who can identify you?

    Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Thorgot:

    Not particularly, so Rygar was investigated...and he changed his vote quickly to Digger...which so did you...

    Still not enough information.


    My vote to see thorgot die still stands...either he comes out in the open, or....

    Rygar voted for him for election, presumably after he was told he had been seered. I voted for him for execution, because of what this "spy" had told me.

    You simply sidestepped the issue: that Rygar supported Digger just after Rygar had supposedly been investigated.

    @Avaritia
    None. Which surprised me, but what can you do?

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Seered by who?

    Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Seered by who?

    ....Put together the puzzle, Cowboybot. Rygar was seered by somebody. Rygar changed his vote to Digger Dude without giving a real reason.

    Are you mocking me, or are you honestly just not putting these facts together?

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • AvaritiaAvaritia Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Seered by who?

    Spies don't get to know that, I think.

    But Thorgot idea does make sense, obviously.

    Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Seered by who?

    ....Put together the puzzle, Cowboybot. Rygar was seered by somebody. Rygar changed his vote to Digger Dude without giving a real reason.

    Are you mocking me, or are you honestly just not putting these facts together?


    Man...good thing we dont jump to conclusions quick....

    If we voted to kill anyone who voted or changed thier minds and voted differently, We'd all be DEAD by now.

    There are craptons of people who are not debating...not really playing, just voting and thats it. Unless we hear from more of them we will not have the whole story.

    Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Avaritia wrote: »
    Seered by who?

    Spies don't get to know that, I think.

    But Thorgot idea does make sense, obviously.

    No they dont get to know that avaritia, just that they were investigated, IF the spy tells them...

    Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Seered by who?

    ....Put together the puzzle, Cowboybot. Rygar was seered by somebody. Rygar changed his vote to Digger Dude without giving a real reason.

    Are you mocking me, or are you honestly just not putting these facts together?


    Man...good thing we dont jump to conclusions quick....

    If we voted to kill anyone who voted or changed thier minds and voted differently, We'd all be DEAD by now.

    There are craptons of people who are not debating...not really playing, just voting and thats it. Unless we hear from more of them we will not have the whole story.

    In case you've forgotten, Digger Dude claimed to be a historian yesterday.

    Zek on
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Which is all the more reason to believe him...because he is the pinnacle of truth.

    Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • AvaritiaAvaritia Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Which is all the more reason to believe him...because he is the pinnacle of truth.

    This is sarcasm, isn't it?

    And I think I have an explanation for titmouse's strange behaviour at the beginning of this day.

    Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Which is all the more reason to believe him...because he is the pinnacle of truth.

    You really are in your own little world, aren't you?

    Digger Dude claims to be a historian(supposedly by mistake, thinking he's calling out precisionk). A historian investigates Rygar that night. Immediately afterwards, Rygar changes his vote to elect Digger Dude.

    But you're right, I'm sure it's a coincidence. Let's go back to killing people when it's funny.

    Zek on
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    That's kind of wierd considering how I'M THE SEER unless their can be two seers inwhich case you are lying.
    +
    Ahh crap, is their anyway you could unread what i just posted?
    +
    A PM from somebody claiming to be a spy saying that Rygar had been investigated that night
    +
    RYGAR wrote: »
    I also !vote for Digger Dude for the Imperial Seal.
    out of the blue

    Yes, I am really leaping to conclusions here.

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • AvaritiaAvaritia Registered User
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Yes, I am really leaping to conclusions here.

    That sadly doesn't explain why you want to kill of an assumed seer. You don't know whether he's friend or foe.

    Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Avaritia wrote: »
    thorgot wrote: »
    Yes, I am really leaping to conclusions here.

    That sadly doesn't explain why you want to kill of an assumed seer. You don't know whether he's friend or foe.

    Digger and Rygar have 10.5 people on their team.
    Any other particular person has 11.5 people on their team.
    (The .5s come from the odd person)

    Therefore, there is a better chance they are on the other team from any particular person who is still alive. That includes me, and that includes everybody else. People who have contacts, such as brothers and lovers, have an even better chance that he is of the opposite family.

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Man assumptions are running rampant, you assume they have 10.5 people on thier team FROM THE GETGO. They still need to work on the other 7.5

    Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man assumptions are running rampant, you assume they have 10.5 people on thier team FROM THE GETGO. They still need to work on the other 7.5

    ...what the hell are you talking about? There are 25 people left. 13 of them are one family, 12 of them are the other.

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    you once again read my view literally, I'm asking you....How the hell do you know they are in contact with the other members of thier family....at best, they are prolly in contact with 4-5. 2 brothers, themselves, and a lover. Assuming one of them is the brother...

    Quit reading into it, and figure out the statement. I know how many people are left.

    Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    you once again read my view literally, I'm asking you....How the hell do you know they are in contact with the other members of thier family....at best, they are prolly in contact with 4-5. 2 brothers, themselves, and a lover. Assuming one of them is the brother...

    Quit reading into it, and figure out the statement. I know how many people are left.

    Honestly, what you are saying makes no sense to me. I stated my case, and you are pretending I said things I did not.

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Avaritia wrote: »
    thorgot wrote: »
    Yes, I am really leaping to conclusions here.

    That sadly doesn't explain why you want to kill of an assumed seer. You don't know whether he's friend or foe.

    Digger and Rygar have 10.5 people on their team.
    Any other particular person has 11.5 people on their team.
    (The .5s come from the odd person)

    Therefore, there is a better chance they are on the other team from any particular person who is still alive. That includes me, and that includes everybody else. People who have contacts, such as brothers and lovers, have an even better chance that he is of the opposite family.

    here buddy who is emperor and can't read.

    You stated digger and rygar have 10.5 people on thier True. True we all have 10+ people on our sides,if we were already on sides...so who are the other 8.5 on thier network?! You don't know how many people are in thier network.

    How do you propose to know how many people are on thier team, you can't know.

    The way I see it, yer on the choppers block and need to come up with more than just numbers and reasons to not vote for you.

    *edit* Changed team to network

    Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
Sign In or Register to comment.