As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diablo III: Patch 1.07 preview up!

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    This just dropped less than a minute after hitting Paragon 55 on my Demon Hunter :rotate:

kHHAi.jpg

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I don't understand, why the :rotate:?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    Because he's STUPID rich now.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Isn't that kind of a low damage range for a source?

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I heard they were going to allow Real money bidding on hardcore characters. Anyone have any idea if this idea will hold any weight in the future?

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    I heard they were going to allow Real money bidding on hardcore characters. Anyone have any idea if this idea will hold any weight in the future?

no

• Options
    JAEF wrote: »
    Isn't that kind of a low damage range for a source?

yeah, but it's something nice for my CM sorc I don't have to spend 40+M on

• Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    Matz wrote: »
    Savant wrote: »
    So, I may have just found something kinda good...
    DiabloScreenshot030_zpsd58baa1a.jpg

I'm not sure how to price this one, I haven't found a big money item like this in awhile. Every other trifecta amulet remotely close that I could find was going for hundreds of millions with lots of time left on the auction, and none of them had the giant magic find roll to go with it either.

Should I start with a ridiculous buyout and slowly march it down, or what? I'm not an expert on playing the AH.

Monumental, yes. Blame, no.

You will have to let us know what you eventually get for that. I wouldn't be in any rush to cash it in (ie by dropping the price too much and too quickly). Play it slow and you will get a good return at some stage.

Yeah, I'm going to go with that sort of strategy as it seems the consensus, start ridiculous and only slowly ratchet down to find out where the demand really is. Hopefully there isn't something that truly kills interest in the game before I can unload it, because it probably won't sell until there is like a patch or a big weekend or something.

I have some pretty good (but not this good) trifecta gauntlets that simply haven't sold yet even though I've dropped the price a ton on them.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    in my experience you're better off getting big crit/cd numbers instead of getting a trifecta. amulets are the biggest offender since cd goes up to 100% so a 9/90 one will beat out something like an 8/50/7 trifecta easily

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Jars wrote: »
    in my experience you're better off getting big crit/cd numbers instead of getting a trifecta. amulets are the biggest offender since cd goes up to 100% so a 9/90 one will beat out something like an 8/50/7 trifecta easily

That's also somewhat class dependent, too, and goes beyond simply the character sheet dps number. For witch doctors, attack speed isn't that wonderful after a certain point since you'll just run yourself out of mana quicker, while something like a CM wizard wants a ton of attack speed for more crits (which give you back AP too) and loh.

Monks outside of the twirly kind will also want a lot of attack speed because of the spirit generators.

Savant on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    2/6 in MP 7 Ubers is so horrible.
    At least 1 of those 2 was an organ I needed.
    The hellfire ring that was produced was horrible as well. But alas, I can use it when leveling my second witch doctor.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    I blame you Dew. If you were more manly we could have done MP8. 2/6 is the worst I have ever done on ubers.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    So, is a one hander, tanky barb viable after 60?

Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Hex, we would have had better luck if you hadn't told me the truth about Farb and kept letting me live my lie.
    Also I'ma look into 4 pieces of alternate gear for doing a Sac build when I get home tonight.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Wulf wrote: »

It is slow, inefficient, and in my opinion quite boring, but its perfectly viable. With the typical sword and board and even a modest budget you would have to go pretty high in MP to even be remotely at risk.

TTODewback wrote: »
    Hex, we would have had better luck if you hadn't told me the truth about Farb and kept letting me live my lie.
    Also I'ma look into 4 pieces of alternate gear for doing a Sac build when I get home tonight.

Gahahahaha. That was hilarious. Thank you so much for that.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    I just got lacuni prowlers and now I have 24% movement speed and omg I have so much movement speed. I feel like I'm flying through the monsters when I do alkaizer runs.

• Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

It depends. As a tornado barbarian I want at least 40% crit at first but after that I want crit chance and attack speed both for damage and fury generation. I have lots of fury generation but I'm a fury crack addict I can't get enough.

• Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    HexDex wrote: »
    Wulf wrote: »

It is slow, inefficient, and in my opinion quite boring, but its perfectly viable. With the typical sword and board and even a modest budget you would have to go pretty high in MP to even be remotely at risk.

Thanks!

Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    Hey what difficulty level do the two whimsey items drop on now that they're Level Reduced items? Just Inferno?

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    WydrionWydrion Registered User regular
    I'm extremely interested in these patch notes dropping 'quite soon'. I think I only stuck around in WoW to watch the game evolve.

Shum men jusht want to watch da wohld buhn, Mashtah Wayne.

• Options
    breaking 200k unbuffed damage must cost well over a billion gold

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    Wydrion wrote: »
    I'm extremely interested in these patch notes dropping 'quite soon'. I think I only stuck around in WoW to watch the game evolve.

Shum men jusht want to watch da wohld buhn, Mashtah Wayne.

this seems relevant postable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy0yqRPrmoM

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    This just dropped less than a minute after hitting Paragon 55 on my Demon Hunter :rotate:

kHHAi.jpg

Neat! I got this a few nights ago!

d3_item.png

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    Now you can check that off your chantodo list.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    I'm going to imagine that you're jailed for terrible puns.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    encore!

• Options
    I have 4 machines, probably time I get a hellfire ring. I would have to be a 'damage' wizard, as crazy as that sounds.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Add me Jars and other pa peoples, though I'm terribad at Ubers as Hex can verify. Though my wizard is getting close to the permafreeze threshold.

Skuttie# 1344

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if the Monk ability to take 75$ less damage while under crowd control works when you're walled?

Also, do items with % of faster attack and +damage and Crit % add up in the end damage display without a gem socketed?

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure walling doesn't count as CC. Just based on the fact that code to detect whether you're walled in or not would be a pain in the ass to write.

And pretty sure all that stuff gets put into the damage calculation.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

I'm not sure how to price this one, I haven't found a big money item like this in awhile. Every other trifecta amulet remotely close that I could find was going for hundreds of millions with lots of time left on the auction, and none of them had the giant magic find roll to go with it either.

Should I start with a ridiculous buyout and slowly march it down, or what? I'm not an expert on playing the AH.

@Savant

Derped around on the AH

atk%: 6
    crit chc: 8
    crit dmg: 55
    dex: 150

160M lowest, on AH for 1d 3h. There is one with bid only with 17 hours left. You may keep an eye on that one to get an idea of what it goes for.

When I add MF I don't find anything till I drop atk%, crit chc to 5, crit dmg 50, dx 100. There's only 4 with any MF, ranging from 60M to 400M.

I happened upon yours. $176 - 250 seems high, but that is fine. There's only one other dex/atk%/crit chc/crit dmg/MF amulet on the RMAH and it's listed for $37.50.

Continuing the strat of dropping the price every repost seems sensible. It'll probably take a while to find someone who wants a dex trifecta amulet with MF. You're looking for a DH who stacks MF. Which means your market is me, you poor bastard.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    _J_ wrote: »

@Savant

Derped around on the AH

atk%: 6
    crit chc: 8
    crit dmg: 55
    dex: 150

160M lowest, on AH for 1d 3h. There is one with bid only with 17 hours left. You may keep an eye on that one to get an idea of what it goes for.

When I add MF I don't find anything till I drop atk%, crit chc to 5, crit dmg 50, dx 100. There's only 4 with any MF, ranging from 60M to 400M.

I happened upon yours. $176 - 250 seems high, but that is fine. There's only one other dex/atk%/crit chc/crit dmg/MF amulet on the RMAH and it's listed for $37.50.

Continuing the strat of dropping the price every repost seems sensible. It'll probably take a while to find someone who wants a dex trifecta amulet with MF. You're looking for a DH who stacks MF. Which means your market is me, you poor bastard.

Well, I did say I was starting at a ridiculous price. The ones I saw with similar stats on the RMAH without MF were in the mid one hundred range, so I'm not expecting a sale until the very least I get closer to that. But yeah, I was mostly seeing if there was a hidden demand those other amulets weren't showing, and will adjust price downward accordingly as it doesn't sell.

Savant on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    Wahoo! My WD just hit lv60. Now I just need to finish Hell mode... on MP10!

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    New Crafting Recipes
    We feel like the Hellfire Ring was a good first step and would like to introduce more items like it. So, working off this design, in 1.0.7 we're adding a new set of Rare crafting recipes that will create account-bound gloves, pants, wrists, a chest piece, and an amulet.
    These new items will have six affixes and feature a primary stat (Str, Dex, Int, Vit) that extends higher than what is currently available in the respective slots. The items will also require an account-bound crafting reagent called Demonic Essence, which drops from Elite monsters in Inferno. Much like the reagents in the Infernal Machine event, the chance of getting a Demonic Essence will increase at higher Monster Power levels. Currently we are planning for a 20% chance to drop at Monster Power 0, and each Monster Power will increase the chance of Demonic Essence dropping by 15% (MP1 will be 23%, MP2 will be 26.45%, etc. up to 80.91% at MP10). These are the numbers we’ll be going to PTR with and are subject to change.
    The Archon Armor recipe (the chest piece) can be purchased from Squirt the Peddler for 1.5 million gold. The other plans will drop randomly in the world, but also have a 50% chance to drop off the following bosses when you have five stacks of Nephalem Valor:

Skeleton King
    Spider Queen
    Maghda
    Zoltun Kulle
    Ghom
    Cydaea
    Rakanoth
    Izual

Or...they could do that. So much for getting $Texas from that amulet.

Edit: Wait a minute, how the hell are you supposed to get five stacks for Rakanoth?

Edit2: Oh ok, they are letting you keep the stacks from act 3.

Savant on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Yay Reflect Damage being toned down. And buffs to Wizards. And everything else.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of ambivalent on account bound items.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    And yeah the RD visual effect is really all I wanted.

• Options
    I think buying stuff will still be a thing, Let's do some mathemagics here, say brimstones jump up to 100k, then the essence which takes time to find, then a crafting cost of 1M, added in whatever else is needed so essences are now 10k, and tomes are up to 15k. If an armor requires 3 brimstones, 10 essences, 5 of the drops, and 20 tomes that's 1.7 mil for a chance at a good roll on the armor, per craft.

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Because he's STUPID rich now.

How so? The screenshot indicates a sell value of 3870! >:-)