As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diablo III: Patch 1.07 preview up!

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    1.0.7 is supposed to be on Public Test Realms "soon".

So far all we know is that it removes the respawn timer.

Instead, every time you die it decreases your chance of having a legendary drop by 0.01%
    Permanently

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    1.0.7 is supposed to be on Public Test Realms "soon".

So far all we know is that it removes the respawn timer.

Instead, every time you die it decreases your chance of having a legendary drop by 0.01%
    Permanently

but you can buy +.001% mf buffs on the RMAH

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    8366300860_4aa98cf22d.jpg

Took a few weeks, but this finally sold for $30.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Huh, $30 seems like a lot. Is that a 120M ring on the gold AH? The crit damage and average damage rolls are pretty nice, but it seems a bit weird that it'd command that much.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    average damage is deceptively good. that's probably more dps than a trifecta

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    yeah what? I had trouble selling a similar ring with vit and all res for 23M, how'd that sell for 120M? Grats tho

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    average damage is deceptively good. that's probably more dps than a trifecta

No disagreements, but usually it doesn't translate to hundred-million sale prices.

• Options
    Huh, $30 seems like a lot. Is that a 120M ring on the gold AH? The crit damage and average damage rolls are pretty nice, but it seems a bit weird that it'd command that much.

It's not a 120M ring on the gold AH. I noticed that rings seem to be priced higher on the RMAH than on the Gold, so I went with RMAH for ring sales.

• Options
    MatzMatz Bronze Grandmaster FurieRegistered User regular

It's not a 120M ring on the gold AH. I noticed that rings seem to be priced higher on the RMAH than on the Gold, so I went with RMAH for ring sales.

So presumably you should take that $30, transfer it to 120M and then buy 2 x 60M rings to relist on the RMAH for $30 each?

2uenpg3.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    yeah what? I had trouble selling a similar ring with vit and all res for 23M, how'd that sell for 120M? Grats tho
    The magic of RMAH sales is that sometimes buyers don't do the translation between $/gold and end up buying something that they could have got for cheaper if they had just bought gold and bought similar on the GAH. _J_'s programming takes advantage of this behavior to make him a profit machine.

That said, as Jars mentioned that ring is better than meets the eye. The CD is close to perfect, the CC is only 1% short of max, and that is an uncommonly good avg damage bonus (62).

Edit: Whoa, look at all those posts between the refresh...

forty on
  • Options
    Matz wrote: »

So presumably you should take that $30, transfer it to 120M and then buy 2 x 60M rings to relist on the RMAH for $30 each?

Obviously.

• Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    So, I may have just found something kinda good...
    DiabloScreenshot030_zpsd58baa1a.jpg

I'm not sure how to price this one, I haven't found a big money item like this in awhile. Every other trifecta amulet remotely close that I could find was going for hundreds of millions with lots of time left on the auction, and none of them had the giant magic find roll to go with it either.

Should I start with a ridiculous buyout and slowly march it down, or what? I'm not an expert on playing the AH.

Savant on
  • Options
    Savant wrote: »

I'm not sure how to price this one, I haven't found a big money item like this in awhile. Every other trifecta amulet remotely close that I could find was going for hundreds of millions with lots of time left on the auction, and none of them had the giant magic find roll to go with it either.

Should I start with a ridiculous buyout and slowly march it down, or what? I'm not an expert on playing the AH.

That is yes. That is so very, very yes.

Can't check AH right now, but I can post a price in a bit.

Start with ridiculous buyout.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, that's gobs and gobs of money. My best find for the night was a Echoing Fury with 1230+ DPS, an open socket, and 160 dex/120 vit. The others on the market seem to be going at around 100M, but I kinda doubt they're actually selling.

edit: turns out they are selling, whee 95M gold after the AH cut.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Yeah well check out this sale!

V0pHT.jpg

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    I was already starting to feel a little bored of Diablo 3 before the holiday, but with a few

Um...wow. That's about the best amulet I've seen.

I'd put that fucker up on RMAH for close to a max buyout.

• Options
    Now that Savant has beaten Diablo 3, I wonder what he's going to play.

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Blizzard, there are still a lot of things that need to be addressed with this game, but your first priority is to let me dye (vanishing dye) my legendary items. Seriously, my barb looks ridiculous in his mempo and vile ward, all while wearing shorts (Blackthorne's). He looks like such a dork - the succubi in Act 3 won't even go near him.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Inna's is a great looking set, but on the whole, yes. Dyes for everybody!

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Yeah well check out this sale!

V0pHT.jpg

Preposterous.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    Blizzard, there are still a lot of things that need to be addressed with this game, but your first priority is to let me dye (vanishing dye) my legendary items. Seriously, my barb looks ridiculous in his mempo and vile ward, all while wearing shorts (Blackthorne's). He looks like such a dork - the succubi in Act 3 won't even go near him.

I would argue that aesthetics oughtn't be Blizzard's first priority.

Making PVE not suck is a sensible first priority.

Then adding PVP, maybe.

Then adding decimals to the auction house interface.

Then they can add perty colors for you.

• Options

Monumental, yes. Blame, no.

You will have to let us know what you eventually get for that. I wouldn't be in any rush to cash it in (ie by dropping the price too much and too quickly). Play it slow and you will get a good return at some stage.

2uenpg3.png

I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Options

Then adding PVP, maybe.

I won't disagree with you (and I am not a programmer) but one would have thought that with dyes in the game already and the ability to dye everything in those slots already (except legendaries), it would be a pretty simple fix.

2uenpg3.png

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013

Then adding PVP, maybe.

Re-reading it, I realize my post wasn't transparent enough - of course this isn't really a priority. It's hopefully WAY down the list (if it's even on the list), as it should be. Doesn't mean I enjoy having a character that looks like a buffoon.

Undead Monkey on
    SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Give the blacksmith the ability to destroy Item A and transfer its appearance to Item B. Bam, problem solved.

• Options
  • Options

Any chance of a spoiler list for those at work?

2uenpg3.png

• Options
    letting players search for block? picked the wrong time to sell my 34% stormshield

• Options
    in a world where nobody uses a shield, there is no right time to sell

• Options
    I got 800k for it! that's almost on the level of a white dagger

• Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    Spoilered version:

General

Getting rid of the current incremental resurrection timer that increases in duration when a character dies multiple times in a row; it will be changed to the short fixed length (confirmed again).
    Tweaks to the mini-map ping for Legendaries: make the graphic last longer, and possibly changes to the sound and how the sound is categorized in the game settings.
    Separating the position of the banner and players' portals in Bastion's Keep.
    Player Versus Player
    Dueling will be added in 1.0.7, no other PVP system in this patch; some other more full-fledged PVP system will be added in a future patch.
    Fixing the Votekick so that it can't be used to pkill in hardcore mode.

Classes

Monk: Big meaningful changes to Monk skills: changes to runes and mobility for Dashing Strike and Lashing Tail Kick. Possibly an overhaul to the One With Everything passive, if the developers have figured out how best to do it.
    Wizard: Increasing Wizard skill synergy.
    A very high chance of other class changes, to continue the process of providing a range of skill options, as well as matching up with the stated design goals for Crowd Control.
    A possible fix for the bug that plagues Dashing Strike for Monks, and Furious Charge for Barbarians; they can get "stuck" occasionally using these skills, and nothing can be done except to leave the game.
    Fixing the sound of Overpower coming off cooldown, since it currently plays the same sound as when a legendary drops.
    Fixing the display bonuses for the Wizard skill Magic Weapon - Blood Magic so it is listed properly on the character Details sheet.
    Auction House
    Adding commas or spaces to break up long gold numbers in the Auction House and trading UI.
    Letting players search for total block %, instead of just the +block amount.

Monsters

Major changes for the Reflects Damage elite monster affix: Pets (including pets such as Hydra, Sentry, Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter mobile pets) will no longer reflect the damage that they do, to their masters. There may be further changes to the Reflects Damage affix, such as making it a duration-based affix that is activated by monsters like the Shielding affix, which would include a visual to show when it is active on a monster.
    Reducing Treasure Goblin health at high Monster Power levels.
    Improving monster density in Acts where it is lower.

Game Systems

Increasing the xp bonus at higher Monster Power levels.
    Making Monster Power work in public games. Mentioned again, and the difficulty of dealing with increased queue times with multiple Monster Power levels available for public games.
    Adjusting the Nephalem Valor system, to make it easier to run games that are 5-10 minutes long, and still have them be rewarding; also allowing the Nephalem Valor to persist across Acts.
    Changing the salvage result from a Hellfire Ring; it will likely be changed in patch 1.0.7 to regularly provide a Fiery Brimstone. In a future patch down the road, it may be changed again to provide a Key or Organ used in crafting of a Hellfire Ring.

Bug Fixes

Presumably many of the issues mentioned in the Known Issues List will be fixed.
    Allowing characters to drop the plans for the Staff of Herding, and the Infernal Machine - see also here.
    Removing the Victory conversation achievement criteria with Covetous Shen, so multiple achievements can once again be obtained.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Even though I probably shouldn't even bother to pick them up, and don't know who would want/buy them, I have actually managed to sell a few rare shields recently in the 500k-750k range.

2uenpg3.png

• Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    Matz wrote: »
    Even though I probably shouldn't even bother to pick them up, and don't know who would want/buy them, I have actually managed to sell a few rare shields recently in the 500k-750k range.

I pick up rare shields (and seeking shields) because 19/20% mf shields sell quickly. not for a lot, but it's a pretty easy way to get a bump in your money

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Some of those are optimistic interpretations at best of blue posts that simply mention a change will come eventually. Blog post is comin', may as well just sit back and relax until then.

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    I got 800k for it! that's almost on the level of a white dagger

This made me laugh quite a bit.

• Options
    I spent maybe 20k on the stormshield that my monk's templar is using

• Options
    Bumped the other 20 ias dagger up to 1.5M.

iKkoY.jpg

• Options
    I wonder if D3 is going to make it to the one year mark with achievements still fucked up.

• Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    Bumped the other 20 ias dagger up to 1.5M.

iKkoY.jpg

This is simply ridiculous and awesome.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I spent maybe 20k on the stormshield that my monk's templar is using

I bought a (Legacy) Stormshield for what seemed like a decent deal at the time (but still something like 750k, which was/is a decent amount for me) like a week before we found out they were buffing the shit out of Legendaries, and then I basically stopped playing my barbarian. So I spent a bunch of gold on a piece of junk I barely used.

I still hope they go with my idea for OWE.

forty on