As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans: Matches out. Now we wait and hail satan!

• Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    tugga wrote: »
    what if i have a really really good excuse

as a general answer, if it's an excuse that is very valid to you, then so be it - just don't participate then

it pretty much voids the idea of the season where there is one day where you can put your shit aside and try to find one thing likeable about someone you DON'T like

and I don't know that any one on here has been terribad enough to have traumatized anyone to the extent to be unable to find that one thing

people on here are universally awesome, it just looks a little different from person to person... I guess a little empathy for why someone might be terrible in your eyes or have reasons for being the way they are can't go amiss, particularly during the holiday season

I'm not sure what this even means

I was already signed up I was just fucking with Neville

tugga on
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    It's just a weird thing to see a jacket listed as "European Extra Large, American Large". I didn't realise there was a difference. It's not like a collar size where they use a different standard, you'd think a Large was basically the same all over. Which, given any amount of thought is an incredibly naive thing to think.

Legba on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    having worked with a lot of Europeans

ya'll some little dudes

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    of course, I am a former corn-fed giant of a man

so ya know

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Hm. I kinda wanted to do this again this year, but I haven't gotten paid in like a month.

• Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    I am in this, excited and petrified

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    having worked with a lot of Europeans

ya'll some little dudes

I was going to say, based on my experience with a lot of Europeans, they are in general just smaller people. Excluding fat vs skinny.

But then you look at countries like the Netherlands and they are all huge, sooooo...

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    the Dutch in my office are all my size

and the Russian is a giant too

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Northern Europe breeds giants because we gotta be able to see over the snowfall.

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    I thought I signed up.

I am signing up again.

Some guy.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    OK, now it truly is going to be a wonderful Christmas in the forums

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I thought I signed up.

I am signing up again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br2_22e2RoU

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Dear Satan,

It's my first time, and I'm a little uncertain about this. You understand, don't you? It's important to me that I do this, but I'm afraid.

So be gentle.
    I like cool things, obviously. Everyone does. Here's a list of cool things I'd like to get!

1. ADVENTURE TIME! stuff. The Season 1 DVDs would be killer as hell, or any kind of merch/posters would be great. I don't have anything except the first issue of the comic, so really ANYTHING would be great to see.

2. TRON. I fucking love TRON. I've got the movies, but cool action figures/merch/posters(the official movie posters for Legacy kinda sucked but eh) would be great to see.

3. Alcohol! I don't like gin much, but pretty much anything else of quality is fair game. I've never had good scotch! It would be neat to try some.

4. Video games: Almost anything recent is fair game, and I like practically any genre(not a huge fan of JRPGs unless they're really damn good. I'm currently playing XCOM and Guild Wars 2, I like and own all Bioware games. Suda51/Grasshopper games would be great, I don't have Shadows of the Damned or Lollipop Chainsaw and I'd like to play either/both of them. Also Resident Evil 6 maybe but I'm not sure if it sucks or not yet.

5. Board Games: I'd love to get Dominion or a game of a similar type, I don't have any deckbuilders. The only classic Eurogame I have is Carcassonne, and I wouldn't mind a few more. I own Arkham Horror, don't pick it up for me please.

6. Movies: I love movies, but please don't buy any for me because I have a giant collection, have friends with bigger collections, and I buy pretty much everything I want. ONE EXCEPTION: I don't have The Raid: Redemption on Blu-Ray and I'd love to own that, but it might take me a bit to get to.

7. Books: I own a lot of books, but I always want more. Good Sci Fi is preferred to Good Fantasy and I love mythologies. I wouldn't mind a Fagles translation of the Odyssey(I own like ten translations of the Iliad already) Don't be afraid to buy me stuff I loan a lot of books to friends and duplicates are great for me because of that.

8. Comic books: I REALLY REALLY REALLY want Hellboy/BPRD stuff, I have the giant library Hellboy vol. 1 and nothing beyond that and I'd love more of it. Marvel is much preferred over DC, I'd love to have pretty much anything with Ms./Captain Marvel(huge fan of Danvers), so Avengers, etc, is all good. I've heard good things about Immortal Iron Fist? You can't really go wrong with comic books I own basically nothing.

9. LEGO: I like Lego, but I don't have a whole lot of display room for it. The minifigs are super cool and I like the Sydney Opera House set because that's also cool, and honestly everyone loves the LOTR/Avengers stuff. If you do get me some Lego, just keep it small-ish. Thanks!

Next spoiler is stuff that is kinda expensive and I really don't expect any of this stuff but I'm throwing it in anyways because what the hell it's Satans.
    1. Apparently my dad is buying me a Nexus 7, so don't worry about that! Seriously. I'm baffled too.

2. Computer stuff. I really need a new hard drive, preferably something SSD, but I haven't been able to budget it in properly since they're kinda pricy. I could definitely use an entire new rig, but stuff like a mid-grade video card would also be cool. A new monitor would ALSO be great, since mine is shit and old. Finally, a good-quality headset or speaker system would be cool.

I am really excited to be someone's special devil this holiday season!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I like to remember the gifts I have sent to people in past years. Like the first year I got Viv and I sent her a ton of Zombie stuff. This was back when she lived in China, I didn't know China had a thing with zombies back then, and I was worried I got her in trouble with the secret police (I was dumb back then). The year before last I got Vann, who I know outside of the forums now. I had this huge plan of getting him concert tickets for a show he wanted to see in Chicago, and taking him out to dinner, but it didn't pan out. It is cool to see the books I got him that year on his shelf though.

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    Oh satan

I just got a record player

if you wanted to get me a record that would be sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Some poor bastard has to find a gift for Khoo and some lucky bastard will get a gift from him.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I am excited. I want to know which poor sod I am buying for. I am totally not nagging Usagi and Neville but I WANT IT NOW.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Swill wrote: »
    Oh satan

I just got a record player

if you wanted to get me a record that would be sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

easiest gift ever. just grab a stack at a flea market without looking

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Man, I'd love the challenge of getting something for Khoo or an equally tough Satanee this year.

Time to start idly planning.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    I thought I signed up.

I am signing up again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br2_22e2RoU

Bravo, sir.

• Options
    If I got Khoo, I would get him something awesome/silly. Like a replica of the Buster Sword from FF7

• Options
    or a Keyblade, and an entire Sora outfit from Kingdom Hearts.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Man, I'd love the challenge of getting something for Khoo or an equally tough Satanee this year.

Time to start idly planning.

What would you get me you handsome menace?

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I thought I signed up.

I am signing up again.

Awesome! Do you know if anybody else on the PA staff would like to?

(cc @neville so he doesn't miss this)

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    if Mike signed up and I was his Satan I would get him some pens

I bet he doesn't have any pens

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    if Mike signed up and I was his Satan I would get him some pens

I bet he doesn't have any pens

Thought this said pants.

Seemed perfectly natural.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2012
    I wanted to do a big post but realistically that's not gonna happen before next week. So, quick list which I may get around to updating later
    Very quick post of things I like

I love technology and nifty gadgets, especially anything small, mobile and fundamentally pointless. I cook a lot, and am always interested in new ingredients and ideas. Don't wear much jewelry but I've favorited some stuff on etsy, and I have a rather scatty amazon wish list which might give you a vague idea of the kind of books and DVDs I like.
    http://www.etsy.com/people/careynic/favorites?ref=pr_faves

http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/1UWO1R5BJUX6H

I like art, especially complex prints and fine ink work. Huge fan of webcomic artists such as John Allison, Kate Beaton, Karl kerschl, anthony Clark, David Malki, Evan dahm ... Ok just gonna edit people into this list as I think of them

I wouldn't advise buying me clothes just cause its so hard to know if things will fit. But snuggly woolens and hats and suchlike are always, always welcome.

tynic on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    I think I'd get Gabe a bunch of PVPonline merch.

• Options
    @tynic , don't forget to update your shipping address on your wishlist. It still ships to Germany.

This is your "Is Stale stalking me?" moment of the day.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Aha! Its a trap! Only my real satan will have my real shipping address!

... But I should fix that before I send myself stuff to the wrong country.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    maaaaan, i hope i get someone who likes crafty stuff, because that is ideally going to be the bulk of my giftening. i have way more time than money, and i've got to use all these supplies for someone. :nervous:

people! if you love handmade stuff, link etsy/artfire wishlists/tumblr and share your favorite colors or people we can harass! fergawd'ssakes. or not, since stalking is fun, too.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    @tynic , don't forget to update your shipping address on your wishlist. It still ships to Germany.

This is your "Is Stale stalking me?" moment of the day.

Oooh, thanks for the reminder, mine is set wrong too.

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    OP updated, now including more (from 0 to 2!) PA staffers. :bz

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    Guys.

I love.

The intro credits to boardwalk empire.

They are like the only credits I always watch.

For me, it's that and the intro credits to American Horror Story.

Both have perfect uses of music, and perfect intro songs in general.

I like the Dexter intro.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I like Dexter and True Blood.

I don't watch either of those shows but I like the intros.

Reminder to my Satan: I watch virtually no television.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    A few minutes ago, I heard my doorbell ring repeatedly. Going downstairs to answer it, I thought it would just be my new Korean neighbors, coming home drunk and going to the wrong house for a second straight night. NO SUCH THING! Instead, it was a postal employee! With a box!

Inside the box was mostly air packets, BUT! there was also a gift!
    001-7.jpg
    There's a note on top! It would be best to open this first before I go to the gift!

002-4.jpg
    It's @Stale delivering me an early SE++ Secret Satan gift! He's "paying it forward" with a gift "with many, many dead Asians." I wonder what this could be!

003-7.jpg
    It's the Blu-Ray Criterion Collection version of the cult classic samurai film, Three Outlaw Samurai!

My early Christmas has been made! Thanks so much Stale! :D

• Options
    that's awesome tom
    at least someone loves you...

:'(

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Nevs I'm getting notifications from you but they go nowhere, did they screw around with Vanilla again?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Yeah an update went out

Stuff may be wonky

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Vanilla was updated an hour (?) or so ago.

This discussion has been closed.