As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Disgaea]: D2 Out On Steam, D5 Coming To Nintendo Switch

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Disgaea mobile is a separate thing and was a complete and fucking fiasco on every level. They may as well have just put a year's worth of development into a big heap on the floor and set it on fire.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    More often than not, I wind up loving their experiments with the Disgaea formula, like Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom, Awakened Fate Paradox, etc.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I've enjoyed all of their experimental tactics games but I don't think I'd want a whole series out of any of them. I'm always up for another Disgaea.

I'm not familiar with the disgaea mobile thing but if it'd make them go back to doing a tactics game (or more) per year I'd be cool with buying Disgaea games with the old, lower-resolution sprites and textures for, like, mobile devices or the Switch. They'd look like ass on my TV but I mostly don't want to play them on my TV anyway.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    The D6 US website: http://disgaea.us/d6/

And the information taken from a Famitsu article with Nippon Ichi Software president Sohei Niikawa, via Siliconera
    Highlights from the interview with Sohei Niikawa below:
    • NIS decided on Disgaea 6‘s production in 2018, but the actual work started in the second half of 2019.
    • When the development of Disgaea 6 was decided, there wasn’t enough info on the PS5, and the hardware’s release date was still unknown, so NIS had to pass on the platform for the time being. The current goal is to release the game on PS4 and Switch simultaneously.
    • To prevent the Disgaea series from going stale and losing interest from the fans, Nippon Ichi Software aimed to bring three significant changes in Disgaea 6:
      • The first is the 3D visuals for the characters.
      • The second is the change in play value. Whether you’re playing for a short or prolonged period, the developers want players to feel a sense of accomplishment and exhilaration. For that reason, it will be a lot easier to level up, and the level cap has risen. Up until now, the goal was to reach Lv. 9999, but this time, you’ll start at Lv. 9999.
      • The third is in the ease of play. Since the lifestyle of players has changed, the developers made the extra challenges and such something that fits today’s age. So functions such as double speed mode, auto-battle, auto-play were added.
    • The Battle Speed Boost feature from the smartphone version was very well-received.
    • AI Edit function added.
    • Sohei Niikawa: “We weren’t trying to go with the current trend for the theme, but it is ‘Isekai reincarnation’ [laughs].”
    • Your party dies each time it challenges the God of Destruction but becomes more powerful with each reincarnation for the next challenge against the God of Destruction.
    • There are other familiar elements from past installments and other new features.
    • Development is currently at 90% complete.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    That is not a list that inspires confidence.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Starting at level 9999 seems like a silly gimmick. Same with the rate of level gain. Yeah, you can level from 9999 to whatever huge number now and I guess you probably gain 5 levels every time you kill something but presumably all the ability acquisition and stuff are just re-scaled to the new numbers and I doubt it actually changes anything.

Battle speed adjustment and auto-battle seem like good things for the later-game grind.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    To me it sounds like they want to try implementing lessons learned from Trillion: God of Destruction and Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman into Disgaea. We might see the game as being more rogue-lite, or rather possibly even making their main campaign more like the item world (with some more deliberate branching you can choose before time runs out), and then reaching the end of that run you go up against (Trillion:) God of Destruction only to get your ass handed to you, only to super reincarnate your MC/ whole team in a new undestroyed dimension (a new run) until GoD shows up to destroy that one too.

Reaching far enough into a run advances the story, changing what kind of maps/floors, enemies, events, etc. show up in future runs. Reaching certain conditions loads levels with story events , with maps that that feel like more traditional levels. Beating GoD would probably involve reaching certain story events that either buff you or nerf GoD, or you can get another ending by somehow leveling up high enough to beat him the old fashioned way.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I bet they have a “Start at level 1” passive mechanic or something.

Which will immediately be rendered moot by the obscene EXP gain rate.

I’m sure it will still be good but I specifically hate the idea of starting at level 9999.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Huh, I thought mages have always been awesome. They're always one of the two best types of attacks to use.

Disgaea 1, the whole meta revolves around swords and spells. You teach everyone Tera Star, Omega Heal and Espoir.

Actually I just did that in 5 too. Tera Star is my go-to killer in the endgame right now. The crazy range plus the customizable area size is perfect. I clear most of the level with Land Decimator, and then Tera Star the strongest guys who remain like bosses.

I though Disgaea 1 gameplay was basically:

5 hours of plot followed by 100+ hours of Winged Slayer.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Maybe you just start the game at level 9999 (capped), get quickly stomped by GoD just to drive in the point that 9999 means nothing here, and then super-reincarnate to level 1. Super-reincarnating itself working like traditional reincarnation but also with a level cap breaker and other bonuses you would normally have to go into the character world for.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Starting at 9999 is silly.

Auto-battle and speed up are equal parts appreciated and game-ruining. I've heard that people playing Disgaea 1 mobile can leave the game running for a couple hours and suddenly have a maxed out character. I understand that if you're simply repeating the same actions over and over that it's something that could be automated, but it's also kind of the point of the game in some ways. Engagement is more fun than pure time investment for its own sake, but as someone who just played through D1 on Switch without the mobile auto-battling features, I had a pretty good time. That doesn't mean I think everyone else should be somehow deprived or anything like that. I just feel like the game will be a bit lesser in some ways.

Like...just one example...I can pick out pieces of gear that have statisticians on them and gradually breed them and subdue them and combine them until I have a stack that gives me 900% XP...or I can forego all of that and just leave the game running for 900% of the time while I'm at work. So what becomes the purpose of statisticians?

Other mechanics in Disgaea have seen similar "value rot" over time as new features get added. Leveling your story mode gear at all in Disgaea 5 becomes a pointless exercise once you know you can get to carnage dimension without it and only spend time leveling the best carnage gear. I got through the whole game with every character wearing three pairs of slippers, because equipment got pretty deprecated as a mechanic.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Yeah, the 9999 thing, I immediately winced. That does not inspire confidence. I'm getting a bit of a "lets pander to people who aren't our fans" vibe from it, and that's... not a great feeling.

But looking at the full Siliconera article and the original JP, this part is missing from the bullet points:
    Each time the main character Zed loses against the God of Destruction, he reincarnates in an otherworld. While he goes back to level 1, he carries over more power bits at a time with each Super Reincarnation.

So the "start at 9999" thing definitely sounds like a story gimmick. "A taste of power" I believe is the trope.

Basically, if I'm guessing right, the tutorial is gonna have Zed at level 9999, get stomped by a stupidly strong God of Destruction (level 99,999? They gotta save some of that 99,999,999 for the postgame), and super-reincarnate as a level 1 zombie somewhere else in the actual first area. It sounds like each chapter is going to have him reincarnate in another netherworld at level 1 only stronger each time, which actually does sound like an interesting gag, especially if they're mocking Isekai tropes.

Ninja:

The auto play and auto battle are... really weird, too. What's the difference between the two? Is one like, set the game to AI mode and watch as it fights in a map, while the other... I dunno, put some of your party in a "go off and do stuff" setup a-la FFT (and IIRC some of the later Disgaea games)? Need more info on this. Double speed is no big deal, I almost always speed the games up as fast as possible by turning off animations and the like, especially once I hit the "grind like crazy" part of the game.

KiTA on
  • Options
    KiTA wrote: »
    The auto play and auto battle are... really weird, too. What's the difference between the two? Is one like, set the game to AI mode and watch as it fights in a map, while the other... I dunno, put some of your party in a "go off and do stuff" setup a-la FFT (and IIRC some of the later Disgaea games)? Need more info on this. Double speed is no big deal, I almost always speed the games up as fast as possible by turning off animations and the like.

You know how in games with auto-battle, you start a fight and then you choose auto-battle and your party finishes up the fight for you?

Auto-play will repeat the same map over and over, automating the auto-battling. It's completely hands-free grinding.

The second half of this video shows it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg04dJGsuEU

Once you get a good AI setup going, you will never die, and can leave it sitting overnight power leveling for you.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    The auto play and auto battle are... really weird, too. What's the difference between the two? Is one like, set the game to AI mode and watch as it fights in a map, while the other... I dunno, put some of your party in a "go off and do stuff" setup a-la FFT (and IIRC some of the later Disgaea games)? Need more info on this. Double speed is no big deal, I almost always speed the games up as fast as possible by turning off animations and the like.

You know how in games with auto-battle, you start a fight and then you choose auto-battle and your party finishes up the fight for you?

Auto-play will repeat the same map over and over, automating the auto-battling. It's completely hands-free grinding.

The second half of this video shows it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg04dJGsuEU

Once you get a good AI setup going, you will never die, and can leave it sitting overnight power leveling for you.

I... feel you could already do that in a roundabout way by setting your party members to AI, but this sets them all to AI at once. Not sure about it. Feels like this would make more sense in a mobile port than a main system port... But then again, FF12 had similar stuff, so.

Not like we're being forced to use it, as long as they don't balance the game around people abusing it.

Of course, my immediate thought is "I'm gonna set it up to auto-play x8 on map 1-1 and livestream until I'm level 9999,9999." And yes, that is now the official proper comma positioning for Disgaea level caps.

• Options
    Some additional information from Reddit:

nJ1ozZgl.png
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Disgaea/comments/iycglv/more_disgaea_6/

Advertisement / box art

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/disgaea-6-defiance-of-destiny-first-details-screenshots

* Jan 28th 2021 JP Release Date
    * Theme is "Isekai x Zombies x Level 9999,9999." "Don't give up -- even if you die 10 million times!"
    * Reincarnate in different netherworlds to gain the power and party members needed to defeat the god of destruction

* Human World (Prism Ranger Red!)
    * TV World
    * Demon Academy
    * Musical World
    * Evil Castle

Zed's official description:
    A zombie boy who travels across different worlds with transfer magic called “Super Reincarnation” and keeps trying to defeat the God of Destruction. While he was originally a kind zombie, his heart hardened as the God of Destruction constantly defeated him in Super Reincarnation, and he is now quite rude.

Bieko's description:
    Zed’s pure and kind-hearted little sister. A zombie girl who lovingly refers to Zed as “Big Bro” and acts as his moral support. She hopes to one day become a doctor.

Cerberus's description:
    A zombie dog that supports Zed with its genius intellect. He seems to have been doing various research during his lifetime and teaches Zed the forbidden magic “Super Reincarnation.” Together, they travel across worlds.

God of Destruction's description
    A dreadful God of Destruction actively destroying worlds. Since he is so powerful that no one can defeat him, it is not unlikely that he will destroy every world at this rate.

Overlord Ivar's description (getting some serious Axel vibes):
    The self-proclaimed strongest and mightiest Overlord in the universe. Although he really is an Overlord with great power, he is not feared or respected due to his foolishness.

Couple of screen shots are of interest

wrp57umcjhye.png

275 HL suggests this is pretty early in the game... but level 80-87 and a small party suggest it's close to endgame of the older Disgaeas. Level inflation?

zfk5j4wlhprc.png

Hub world. Can't tell if it's a drawing or if that's 3D. (It's in game 3D, apparently)

xm5c288xc1zi.png

Cut Scenes are using the 3D art. So that's probably not a drawing up there.

hcsc1wvzstkv.png

Here's a screenshot of "Super Reincarnate." It's very similar to Disgaea's reincarnate system, but played straight and acknowledged in universe.
    —Super Reincarnation and Karma

“Super Reincarnation” is a new system introduced in Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny.

Through the forbidden magic “Super Reincarnation,” protagonist Zed can transcend death and reincarnate in another world when defeated by the God of Destruction. Although Super Reincarnation returns you to Level 1, your strength can gradually carry over. Repeatedly Super Reincarnate and your strength will be on a whole other level, even at Level 1.

dapcf1z4617v.png
    As you Super Reincarnate, you will build up “Karma,” which can be used to strengthen your stats, as well as enhance abilities that cannot normally be trained such as counterattack count and movement.

So it's kind of a cross between the old mana system and the old reincarnate system, played straight as a special power of the main character.

"Three Elements That Have Changed:"

Visual Changes: Takehito Harada’s character designs are now in 3D.
    Play Quality Changes: A Disgaea “on a different level.” Confront the God of Destruction with Super Reincarnation and Karma.
    Ease of Play Changes: Added useful features like a 2x speed mode and auto battle. (Details will be introduced in a future report.)

So Harada IS returning, and the fast forward mode is limited to 2x speed not 8x?

• Options
    It's weird that there are continuing references to the protagonist Rex using HIS special power Super Reincarnate to come back from death in new worlds as he is killed, isekai-style...when you have an entire giant party of characters as well. Do they all have the power of Super Reincarnation too?

Are we doing a Rick and Morty thing where when he revives in a new world, everyone there is identical to who they were in the past world, and he's replacing the near-identical version of himself that WOULD'VE been in his new world? No one else is reincarnating, they just manage to be identical copies of who they were in the previous world you were in?

• Options
    It's weird that there are continuing references to the protagonist Rex using HIS special power Super Reincarnate to come back from death in new worlds as he is killed, isekai-style...when you have an entire giant party of characters as well. Do they all have the power of Super Reincarnation too?

Are we doing a Rick and Morty thing where when he revives in a new world, everyone there is identical to who they were in the past world, and he's replacing the near-identical version of himself that WOULD'VE been in his new world? No one else is reincarnating, they just manage to be identical copies of who they were in the previous world you were in?

Since Super Reincarnation is something people can be taught, apparently, I imagine the other party members can do it, too.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Since Super Reincarnation is something people can be taught, apparently, I imagine the other party members can do it, too.

It'll probably end up as either teaching them or that he can cast it for a group.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I keep seeing "D2 out on steam" on the title and thinking it's Disgaea D2, not Disgaea 2. I never bothered playing DD2, so a port of that would be kinda welcome.

Does anyone know of a good guide on powerleveling stuff in D5 postgame? I vaguely remember stopping around the time I got to the LoC version of the final boss / LoC Baal fight due to not being able to survive a single round and just not having the energy to figure out how to really powergame the rest of the way.

• Options
    I keep seeing "D2 out on steam" on the title and thinking it's Disgaea D2, not Disgaea 2. I never bothered playing DD2, so a port of that would be kinda welcome.

Does anyone know of a good guide on powerleveling stuff in D5 postgame? I vaguely remember stopping around the time I got to the LoC version of the final boss / LoC Baal fight due to not being able to survive a single round and just not having the energy to figure out how to really powergame the rest of the way.

The general progression from what I recall is:

Start out by maxing out subclasses.

Once that's done, level to 9999 with the various boosters to max base stats.

Once that's done, max out shard/essences.

Once that's done, max out some piece of armor.

Once that's done, duplicate the shit out of it.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJDWQZTBS_U&t=3h7m47s
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Disgaea/comments/iznqpl/game_live_japan_2020_day1english_disgaea_6_footage/
    • Tutorial has Zed be Level ????, fighting Level 999 characters and he's stupidly overpowered compared to them.
    • Animations look pretty good, as do the standard combat map stuff. 3D isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. It looks a little odd to me as it's a bit too "smooth," if that makes any sense. Plus, no black outlines on characters which is odd to me.
    • Everything's now fully 3D so moving the camera is fully 360. When using a skill you can apparently zoom in and out and stuff, no more having the camera zoom in for the skills and zoom back out. ("World of Flat" skills like Big Bang still exist, and it looks like character specific ones are pretty much all WoF stuff.)
    • White Succubus is Melody, a princess. She's... musical? Ah, the Princess of Music World.
    • Prism Red is... びより (Biyori). Has an ability that's pure ATK based, and uses swords.
    • Magical girl character is マジョレーヌ Magileine. Shows her doing a buff spell that hits all 6 stats at once. She's a "super typical / cliche magical girl."
    • "When you beat the story you're usually around level 100, this time you'll be a few thousand." (2 thousand?) Leveling is faster, they wanted to make it easier -- (I would say "more accessible" than easier, as that's the usual PRspeak for "made it easier.")
    • The level cap was specifically increased so old fans will have some completionist stuff to do.
    • Guessing it gives them room to add insane stuff at the end, and isn't just level bloat. HOPE it's not just level bloat.
    • Disgaea Refine (D1 Mobile) shown, "this is how Auto-Battle will work" so if you want to demo it, try it. They added it to D6 because of positive reviews.
    • Auto-Play is replay the stage over and over, as expected, you don't even leave back to the hub.
    • Speed up is... they're talking 2x, 3x, not sure about how fast the auto-battle will have in the final game. 32x was shown in the demo and it was like 15 seconds per map.
    • AI Edit will let you give them suggestions, like "attack the weakest" or "don't use this skill."
    • "Disgaea is known as a time consuming game, and if you're single, that's ok." Auto-play/battle is for everyone else.
    • "Games are more accessible now, we're making Disgaea 6 to fit the era."
    • English commentators are worried at how existing fans will take the changes.

Eeeeh.

• Options
    So far I'm pretty optimistic about the changes and what I'm hearing.

I don't intend to use and abuse the combo of autobattle and stage reselect, but I don't exactly hate it's existence as I am definitely part of the group that wants to do everything in each iteration of disgaea but is increasingly pressed for time to do so.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    The visual change to 3D looks fantastic.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    About the 3D, I will say I wish they consulted Ark System Works (Guilty Gear) and implemented some of the techniques they did to get their 2D to 3D transition to look so good. I feel like even just adding the outlines again to the 3D models would make a big difference, both in replicating the art and also popping a bit more from the maps.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, Black Outlines would definitely help. But there's something that just looks odd to me about the faux-sprites on battle maps. They... flow too well? It's hard to explain.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I did a double take when I saw this, but apparently she's legit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZElEkZyD9g

And inspirational to know I might still have the mind for these games at her age.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I was thinking how some story PCs in Disgaea are always great for one thing, but sometimes customs are better for others, so I usually put story PCs to the side in favor of whoever I made up.

Which lead me to realize that a "Nexus" Disgaea with EVERY character from the series would be amazing.

What would be your ideal party members using any story character from the core series? Think party of 8: Fist, Axe, Mage, Gun, Spear, Sword, Monster, Healer.

Fist: Adell
    Gun: Rozalin
    Axe: Fuka
    Sword: Laharl
    Spear: Etna
    Mage: Emizel (his magic stat is INSANE)
    Healer: Flonne
    Monster: Raspberyl (mach love)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I think it'd be more hilarious to make Fuka a "prinny". But I've no idea who you'd make the axe user then.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I think it'd be more hilarious to make Fuka a "prinny". But I've no idea who you'd make the axe user then.

250px-Sapphire_Big_%28Disgaea_2%29.jpg

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Wasn't quite Disgaea, but Prinny 1+2 for the Switch was already on the shelves at the local Gamestop. I have the LE coming so had to pass, sadly.

• Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I was thinking how some story PCs in Disgaea are always great for one thing, but sometimes customs are better for others, so I usually put story PCs to the side in favor of whoever I made up.

Which lead me to realize that a "Nexus" Disgaea with EVERY character from the series would be amazing.

What would be your ideal party members using any story character from the core series? Think party of 8: Fist, Axe, Mage, Gun, Spear, Sword, Monster, Healer.

You forgot a bow user! Are there even any core party members intended to be bow users?

The monsters keep getting better in every game. After 4 I would've said Desco is MVP monster, after 5 I say Usalia is MVP monster.

They really have to fix their dang axes. IMO they don't need an inherent negative hit stat, they need to find some other way to differentiate them. It just completely ruins them upon leveling. They're bad enough with their extremely short range/limited target attack patterns.

Maybe give all axes a unique innocent which reduces the user's hit stat by 10% or something. Make it only removable through specific grinds later.

• Options

You forgot a bow user! Are there even any core party members intended to be bow users?

Crap, not that I know of... I always either have an archer or a healer filling that slot.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

Yeah, Food4Dogs is legit and very informative about everything she covers. It's a very wholesome YouTube channel.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options

Yeah, Food4Dogs is legit and very informative about everything she covers. It's a very wholesome YouTube channel.

I like to picture she has a knitting circle where she randomly starts asking them about what their ideal item world setup is.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

I like to picture she has a knitting circle where she randomly starts asking them about what their ideal item world setup is.

The also loves the Atelier series so maybe also about crafting recipes.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    News and and new screenshot dump for D6 over on Gematsu

Two new generic units:

Psychic
    Disgaea-6-Defiance-of-Destiny_2020_10-22-20_017.jpg
    A boy who awakens to a power beyond human understanding. He toys with opponents in irregular combat focused on their weak point. Specializes in staffs and guns.

Armored Valkyrie
    Disgaea-6-Defiance-of-Destiny_2020_10-22-20_018.jpg
    A robot born from super magic and super science. Designed to be able to handle itself in any situation. It can take on a large number of enemies with gun warfare.
    Disgaea-6-Defiance-of-Destiny_2020_10-22-20_019.jpgDisgaea-6-Defiance-of-Destiny_2020_10-22-20_022.jpg

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Armored Valkyrie makes me wonder if we might get a return of the Human faction, since that seems like something they'd make.

And if you're bringing back humans, you damn well better bring back Captain Gordon, Defender of Earth.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Armored Valkyrie makes me wonder if we might get a return of the Human faction, since that seems like something they'd make.

And if you're bringing back humans, you damn well better bring back Captain Gordon, Defender of Earth.

He wasn't even in D2, the direct sequel to the game he's from. We're never seeing Captain Gordon again.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    TamerBill wrote: »

He wasn't even in D2, the direct sequel to the game he's from. We're never seeing Captain Gordon again.

And yet Prinny Kurtis always comes back...

That said, I don't mind that certain characters are just products of their game. I love Raspberyl and Adell, but do I need them showing up in every game? No, reserve that for Asagi.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »

And yet Prinny Kurtis always comes back...

That said, I don't mind that certain characters are just products of their game. I love Raspberyl and Adell, but do I need them showing up in every game? No, reserve that for Asagi.

Kurtis wasn't in 5 or D2 either, he's not a gimme anymore. Meanwhile Raspberyl and Adell have both been in every game since their debut.

In conclusion, Disgaea is a land of contrasts

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451