Options

Game Grumps: And now back to your regularly scheduled Grumping, already in progress.

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    In their latest Starfox video, Jon has taken over playing and they've started over, for anyone interested.
    He knows how to charge shots, if nothing else.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQcbWDe-y9s

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    And I thought for sure he'd forgotten!

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Watching Arin play Gradius 3 more almost gave me a heart attack. The amount of close calls he has is ridiculous.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I love how, at 1:50, Jon clearly tries to boost to grab the laser power-up (C-left) but accidentally goes into the cockpit view instead (C-up) and just quietly hopes nobody notices.

And that's where he's suddenly like, "If, y'know, totally hypothetically, I completely forget everything about the game..."

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I've waffled around about sending them a game for awhile, but everytime I think of one I think they could have fun with, I remember all the videos where they completely tune out the game. Especially newer games where the norm is to skip cutscenes if they can or ignore them if they can't now. They haven't commented on a cutscene from Sonic '06 for a long time now (note I haven't seen the 3 newest ones yet).

NIER would be amazing and I would send it to them in a heartbeat if I thought they would pay attention to the plot at all and not get completely lost as soon as the intro was over. I can gaurentee they would not even notice Kiane's opening speech since it plays before the title screen. And they would probably never discover boar drifting.

Unfortunately, I still stand by my opinion that Arin goes out of his way to ignore tutorials and plot points for games he doesn't like so they can shelve them ASAP.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    That one scene after the Silver/Shadow fight where Shadow kicks Silver in the side of the head was one scene for sure I'd have thought they'd have noticed, but they fucking talk over it the both times it happens in each campaign.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I was irritated at both of those yes.

Worst part is they point out they do read the comments telling them to pay attention to tutorials and cutscenes, they just don't care. Even when Jon got stuck on the scale 'puzzle' he joked about it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Oh my god Gradius 3. Now I'm back in Arin's court.

• Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    I've really been enjoying Starfox and Gradius 3

They're finally paying attention to the goddamn games!

iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    Hmm, maybe I should send them a bullet-hell of some sort. They would have to pay attention to that, and them failing horribly would be the whole point!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    Hmm, maybe I should send them a bullet-hell of some sort. They would have to pay attention to that, and them failing horribly would be the whole point!

It's too bad they don't play PC games (at least on GG). "Here guys, Tyrian 2000 is free on GoG.com." And then bullshit.

Anyway next time on Game Grumps, Raiden.

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    They played Chilvary, which was a PC game on one of their Game Grumps VS.
    I think Shovel Knight was also a demo they played on PC too.

Also, Jon was being a total ass by blowing Arin's concentration during Gradius. Which kinda both pissed me off and made me laugh a little. Though it's good that it brings a point home on how difficult it is to entertain and focus on the game when certain people complain on those matters.

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

Make sure it's not a Genesis game or it'll never get played...

I'm thinking they might like Ikaruga, though they've probably played it.

• Options
    Gunbird and Castle Shikigami would be great, or at least the weirdly named versions we got.

The story and characters in Gunbird 1&2 are quite silly, and the ridiculous voice acting in Shikigami would hopefully get some good reactions.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    The Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee VS. Rematch was so, so good. On the one hand, I was a little frustrated when Arin would not even think of pressing the Z button to use atomic breath, because I knew that game in and out (C-stick aims your beam attack!). But on the other, 90% of their commentary was great. Godzilla jump-rope! ONE and TWO and THREE and FOUR....

• Options
    FOCUS ON MY CLAPS!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    They haven't barrel rolled any lasers off themselves once in the Starfox videos yet.

That's the coolest thing in that game apart from Leon.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    They haven't barrel rolled any lasers off themselves once in the Starfox videos yet.

That's the coolest thing in that game apart from Leon.

They also press the B button very rarely. I do enjoy the episodes though.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Behemoth wrote: »
    I've really been enjoying Starfox and Gradius 3

They're finally paying attention to the goddamn games!

because they're old games that at least one of them was already familiar with. :/

• Options
    I love how when Slippy tells Jon to destroy the crane, Jon aims at the hook and gets really mad when his bombs miss.

• Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    I can't believe they quit Starfox 64 without doing Macbeth.

Best. N64. Train. Explosion. EVER.

• Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Gunbird and Castle Shikigami would be great, or at least the weirdly named versions we got.

The story and characters in Gunbird 1&2 are quite silly, and the ridiculous voice acting in Shikigami would hopefully get some good reactions.

I actually own Castle Shikigami 2 for the PS2. Does anybody know if they have access to a PS2?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Stupid Jon, you can retry a mission from the menu that appears.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Yeah, that series ended poorly. They're probably not done with it though.

• Options
    I'm going to assume they have a PS2. Trying to think of a PS2 game they've played though...

Oh, Mega Man X7.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The funny thing is that your teammates in Starfox 64 AREN'T useless. They kill enemies every so often, offer enemies a target besides you, and each character brings something to the table. You need Slippy in the field to see boss shields, Falco is the best pilot of the three, and Peppy gives you hints on how to kill the bo- oh wait you're Jon and will ignore him three times all while complaining about not knowing what to do.

Then Arin will say that your teammates are useless and I'll die a little on the inside.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm going to assume they have a PS2. Trying to think of a PS2 game they've played though...

Oh, Mega Man X7.

Oh yeah. Derp.
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    The funny thing is that your teammates in Starfox 64 AREN'T useless. They kill enemies every so often, offer enemies a target besides you, and each character brings something to the table. You need Slippy in the field to see boss shields, Falco is the best pilot of the three, and Peppy gives you hints on how to kill the bo- oh wait you're Jon and will ignore him three times all while complaining about not knowing what to do.

Then Arin will say that your teammates are useless and I'll die a little on the inside.

Falco also has to be alive to open some of the alternate routes as well. Corneria --> Sector Y and Sector X --> Sector Z he is required I believe.

Also I think Slippy has to be alive at the end of Sector X if you want to go to Titania.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Also, fuck them for that clip of the one dude. Yeah, haha child molesters are real fucking comedy gold.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Toki! Omigod omigod omigod I played the hell out of that game!

Oh. The horrible NES port of Toki. Whyyyyy? Can somebody please send the Grumps an Amiga? Mine was sold by my parents while I was away at University, a fact I resent them for to this day.

*edit*

Huh. Well that's something. Turns out there is such a thing as a Game Grumps Wiki which one or several obsessive-compulsives have filled with summaries of just about every single episode of Game Grumps, including the nature of the discussion that occurs, and notable quotes from the episode. The first article I stumbled upon (I was looking for their email address, if you're curious) is a 300-word article about the episode "I saw your Kindle". I don't know if the Grumps would be flattered, or scared.

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    Arin called Genghis Khan a "dictator." Please to be reading your history.

• Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    You know what'd make a great game grumps? The original Metal Gear Solid. So they can get to Meryl's codec number, completely miss what the colonel tells you, and get stuck for 15 episodes all the while complaining about being lost, and then find the solution to the "back of the package" riddle by looking it up on Gamefaq's off screen.

The irony would be 30 flavors of DELICIOUS.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    So I was cruisin' the seedier parts of the internet in the pursuit of Things To Pack In My Special Folder, and I run across a slew of Grump/ Animal Crossing/ Sonic/ Youtube Personalities Erotica.

This is gonna be a thing now isn't it.

Zephiran on

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Zephiran wrote: »
    So I was cruisin' the seedier parts of the internet in the pursuit of Things To Pack In My Special Folder, and I run across a slew of Grump/ Animal Crossing/ Sonic/ Youtube Personalities Erotica.

This is gonna be a thing now isn't it.

Welcome to the Internet, where everything is already or will eventually become a thing.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    I could get behind Gay Grumps.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Wait, that came out wrong

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Gotta Go Fast and HootHoot was there and everything.

Surprisingly classy material, if a bit amateurish.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    You know what'd make a great game grumps? The original Metal Gear Solid. So they can get to Meryl's codec number, completely miss what the colonel tells you, and get stuck for 15 episodes all the while complaining about being lost, and then find the solution to the "back of the package" riddle by looking it up on Gamefaq's off screen.

Don't forget the rage quit about the game not bring intuitive enough to tell them how to fight psycho mantis and the colonel is straight up telling them. You need to do this to beat the boss

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Botznoy wrote: »

Don't forget the rage quit about the game not bring intuitive enough to tell them how to fight psycho mantis and the colonel is straight up telling them. You need to do this to beat the boss

The greater irony being that Ego has done two episodes of Metal Gear AWESOME, and discusses all the shit you've just mentioned in said videos.

• Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Botznoy wrote: »

The greater irony being that Ego has done two episodes of Metal Gear AWESOME, and discusses all the shit you've just mentioned in said videos.

I was gonna say, this would surely be a brilliant plan... if Arin were not, in fact, Egoraptor.

Essee on
This discussion has been closed.