CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ScolbertScolbert Registered User regular
    me first

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    make me your crwth

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Mc
    Holy shit binary squid this is the dumbest thing to pick an argument over

The game intentionally makes the characters pricks, the characters are improsoned by pirates, the player is tasked with saving those characters, video game commentator jokes about how he doesn't want to save them they're vapid pricks

As I noted, "I don't like these characters" "I don't feel like saving them" is different than "they deserve to be sold into slavery."

It was a non-serious thing about fictional characters, one of whom he was playing.

Even if Jeff Gerstmann weren't the fantastic person he is, he's said things that were a lot worse than that. This is a non-issue.

Everyone has their own buttons to press or things that are "off-limits" when it comes to joking about them. For my part this isn't necessarily about something being okay or not okay for joking about and more of how the joke was told (though I reacted the other way at first, but it was my knee-jerk reaction).

I just don't want my opinion misrepresented or misunderstood. I don't care to convince other people to see it my way. Disagree, that's cool. But don't pull a Pip going, "UGHHHHHHHHHH DICKWOLVES AGAIN."

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I had curry for lunch, this is gonna be raunchy

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Rape is never funny, Jeff Gerstmann is cool, and pipthefair is a literal child.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Video games.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Mc
    Holy shit binary squid this is the dumbest thing to pick an argument over

The game intentionally makes the characters pricks, the characters are improsoned by pirates, the player is tasked with saving those characters, video game commentator jokes about how he doesn't want to save them they're vapid pricks

As I noted, "I don't like these characters" "I don't feel like saving them" is different than "they deserve to be sold into slavery."

It was a non-serious thing about fictional characters, one of whom he was playing.

Even if Jeff Gerstmann weren't the fantastic person he is, he's said things that were a lot worse than that. This is a non-issue.

Everyone has their own buttons to press or things that are "off-limits" when it comes to joking about them. For my part this isn't necessarily about something being okay or not okay for joking about and more of how the joke was told (though I reacted the other way at first, but it was my knee-jerk reaction).

I just don't want my opinion misrepresented or misunderstood. I don't care to convince other people to see it my way. Disagree, that's cool. But don't pull a Pip going, "UGHHHHHHHHHH DICKWOLVES AGAIN."
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    are you people seriously having the fucking dickwolves argument over again

christ almighty burn the fuck internet down

No, we're having the "was Jeff Gerstmann out of line" argument for the first time.

Ok, let's just say you think this is really that different. Let's move past that onto the most important thing about this:

This is a non-issue. Just like dickwolves. It was a joke that people looked waaaay too much into. Just like dickwolves. And seeing you people complain about it isn't a fun thing to read in any thread, much less a thread where it doesn't belong. Just like dickwolves.

Now can we please go back to talking about Far Cry 3

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    nerds get up in arms about something

nerds react with dismissive condescension

nerds point condescension out from a position of moral superiority

nerds make sarcastic posts with an air of weary resignation

the internet cuts itself, just to feel something

Why cut yourself when you can cut someone else IN FAR CRY 3?

• Options
    This thread is the fucking definition of inanity

• Options
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Rape is never funny, Jeff Gerstmann is cool, and pipthefair is a literal child.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIgFbqRngjA

• Options

There we go.

Gonna be cutting a lot of Vaas soon.

• Options
    I'm gay

• Options
    Also I should leave this thread cause I won't be getting this game for at least a few weeks

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

I was waiting since this thread was made for someone to say this.

• Options
    Video games.

big bo

• Options
    I'm gay

no me

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    My dad is insane

insanity isn't very fun.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Also I should leave this thread cause I won't be getting this game for at least a few weeks

I'm pretty much bailing right before big release day (the 4th) when a flood of people will be talking about shit I can't play yet.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    i like Vaas from what i've seen because he seems like the big bad because he's his own little cult of personality and the insanity really plays into that

but it's especially cool that he's NOT the actual end boss. Save that for something more pure evil nice job Ubisoft or whoever

Spoilers!

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

Stealing this now.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    @henroid
    @pipthefair

i love you geese

• Options
    I love you too Bro.dy.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    So, because it's not showing up for me, how much is far cry 3 on greenman gaming?

• Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular

I'm pretty much bailing right before big release day (the 4th) when a flood of people will be talking about shit I can't play yet.

How about I just flood you with a bunch of stuff you can't play yet.

You guys this game rules. The bow is so sweet and I just got a bunch of sweet upgrades and I've been killed by tigers and leopards like a dozen times now.

The bow in this game is seriously Bow of the Year of the Bow.

I have virtually foregone all other ranged weapons in favour of shooting dudes with the bow.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular

There we go.

Gonna be cutting a lot of Vaas soon.

Vas Deferens that is.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Video games.

big bo

year of the bo.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    i like Vaas from what i've seen because he seems like the big bad because he's his own little cult of personality and the insanity really plays into that

but it's especially cool that he's NOT the actual end boss. Save that for something more pure evil nice job Ubisoft or whoever

Spoilers!

well i mean

i haven't played it yet

but it's pretty clear from some of the trailers that he's not the guy in charge here

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Also that is revealed literally in the opening cinematic.

So there is a pretty great set piece with some amazingly appropriate music a ways into this game and it was awesome and whoever was behind that whole thing should get a pat on the back.

And also, playing on 360 and it still looks pretty astounding and runs great, anybody who had any qualms about the console versions needn't worry.

And finally, your daily Tiger report: Still Dicks.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    SwissLion wrote: »

How about I just flood you with a bunch of stuff you can't play yet.

You guys this game rules. The bow is so sweet and I just got a bunch of sweet upgrades and I've been killed by tigers and leopards like a dozen times now.

The bow in this game is seriously Bow of the Year of the Bow.

I have virtually foregone all other ranged weapons in favour of shooting dudes with the bow.

You're no Ted Nugent.

• Options
    Also that is revealed literally in the opening cinematic.

yea

this

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    although the fact that you think that's a spoiler is just further testament to vaas

definitely excited for this

the next couple days are gonna be hard

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    i don't even really have money i should be spending on this

i guess groceries are gonna be light this week

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    yo, if Vaas doesn't betray whoever's running the show at some point in a particularly bloody way, I will be fucking surprised.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    seriously.

on the other hand though, Vaas is crazy and your character probably wants to see him die slowly

i mean, not all the good characters can actually turn out to be good guys.

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    And finally, your daily Tiger report: Still Dicks.

Of course a lion would say this

• Options
    straight up mental instability take no prisoners no holding back usually makes for a fun character

but don't be disappointed if he is just straight up cray; no making big speeches to try to turn him or something

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    There is one outpost that is just two guys standing next to eachother, along with like a dozen fucking dogs.

And also the territory around there is infested with Komodo Dragons.

FUCK that outpost.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I didn't mean him helping you out, I mean like, anyone stupid enough to employ Vaas has their days numbered.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    i actually spoiled myself ahead of time because i'm terrible and generally don't invest too much in stuff and this game looks amazing regardless

but
    Vaas' sister has employs you to kill him somewhere near the end of the game

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg