Options

[Ni No Kuni] Ghibli + Pokemon = awesome?

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Hahahah, just realized my WE order was not really cancelled woooo!

How could you tell? I see its in my order history page, but thats about it. No E-Mails about it yet.

Right? I just want SOME confirmation. I did one day so I should get it tomorrow, I would assume. If it didn't ship today I'm gonna be mad, I want the book but I want to play the game way more :(

From what im hearing from the NamcoBandai forums the people in charge of all that jazz are aware of this situation and should take 24-48 hours. Heres hoping.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

How could you tell? I see its in my order history page, but thats about it. No E-Mails about it yet.

Right? I just want SOME confirmation. I did one day so I should get it tomorrow, I would assume. If it didn't ship today I'm gonna be mad, I want the book but I want to play the game way more :(

From what im hearing from the NamcoBandai forums the people in charge of all that jazz are aware of this situation and should take 24-48 hours. Heres hoping.

Called them myself just to check on it with all the cancellation stuff going on. The rep told me that since my order looks good (not cancelled, payment has gone through) I should get the shipment confirmation email by the end of today. Not sure how accurate that really will be, but I feel a little bit better about it now. The 24-48 hours is for people with cancelled orders.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular

Called them myself just to check on it with all the cancellation stuff going on. The rep told me that since my order looks good (not cancelled, payment has gone through) I should get the shipment confirmation email by the end of today. Not sure how accurate that really will be, but I feel a little bit better about it now. The 24-48 hours is for people with cancelled orders.

Alright, im just going to assume if I didn't get a cancelation E-Mail, it must have gone through fine..

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular

I got an email.
    thing is, I tried ordering the first time using an email address different from my Paypal address. So I gave that order up and started again.
    Then I got an email cancelling the FIRST order, which I had forgotten.

But I did get an email about the second one.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    On the one hand, kinda bummed that EB offered no extra characters. Just a steelbook.

On the other hand... sexy steelbook.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    On the one hand, kinda bummed that EB offered no extra characters. Just a steelbook.

Just be glad you even GOT it. The other forums are pretty lit up with pre-orders not getting them and I'll guarantee it's because the employees either stole or sold them.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Gotta say the voice acting is really good. The White Witch (I'm assuming) is the right note of creepy/evil without going over the top.

Though it's kinda weird that Oliver's mother has a British accent, but Oliver doesn't.

He does, it's just very very slight. You have to go out of your way to listen for it.

And damn, if I knew the Wizard's Companion had that much detail to it, I would have pre-ordered the Wizard's Edition. It's the kind of nerdy textmagic that I could spend an entire day reading.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Just be glad you even GOT it. The other forums are pretty lit up with pre-orders not getting them and I'll guarantee it's because the employees either stole or sold them.

Yeah, no doubt. I like my EB, not much skivvyness ever goes on here. Shit, one time I forgot about the preorder code for Disgaea 4, and they called me up to give it over the phone.

I did find it a bit odd when the clerk said they were all sold out, they only got enough in to cover preorders (looked to be about 10 from what I peeked at when he opened the drawer). Or maybe not odd. I don't know, I had the initial feeling that this was going to be one of those games, you preorder it or you're shit out of luck getting it for less than $Texas. But every store is selling it, and it's up on PSN, so it must obviously be getting coverage. Guess it can go either way whether this becomes mainstream or one of the super rares. ...Then again PSN would automatically exclude that. :P

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Gotta say the voice acting is really good. The White Witch (I'm assuming) is the right note of creepy/evil without going over the top.

Though it's kinda weird that Oliver's mother has a British accent, but Oliver doesn't.

He does, it's just very very slight. You have to go out of your way to listen for it.

And damn, if I knew the Wizard's Companion had that much detail to it, I would have pre-ordered the Wizard's Edition. It's the kind of nerdy textmagic that I could spend an entire day reading.
    Yeah, I sort of noticed it a bit a little after I posted that. It is really, really slight though. Only comes out on a few words.

And I definitely agree. Wish I had known about this in time to get the book. I would have paid 200 for the book alone, that it comes with even more stuff is icing on the cake.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Oh fuck yeah I would have loved that book. Shit, sell it separately, I don't even want any of the other goodies.

That book is also apparently the reason we never could get the DS version, because it relied on it, unlike the PS3 that has it in game. Still, it would have been cool as hell to be able to play the game the "real" way as intended.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Oh god some of these monster names rival Dragon Quest. I just fought a baby elephant and sheep called
    Inphant and a Baatender.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    There's DQ all over this.

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    The little chicken knight in the demo is called "Marr Mite", and in the second scenario when it's evolved it's called "Veggie Mite". This game is punny as shit.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Just got new clothes
    from a shop shaped like an owl. Called a Hootique.

This game is the best.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Okay well I love puns far too much and want to see them for the first time myself so I'm on blackout now.

I mean you guys think I like difficult games a lot oh no, oh no. No if you compare it to how much joy I get from terrible puns its like comparing a fine meal to the rapture. My bad taste knows no bounds. I do, in fact, actively attempt to destroy any bounds I discover.

So cyas in a few weeks.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Yeah seeing some of the little flourishes spoiled (as it were) takes a bit from the experience. Best to keep the distance.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Sorry. :( That's all on me. I'll make sure to keep them under spoilers from now on. Went back and edited my posts, too.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Not a gameplay spoiler so not that bad, but I think half the fun of this game is those lil winks they've decided to put in (times two by the - to me at least - "Britishism's" - ).

And there really needs to be an OST here. I mean for the first damn "zone" that forest music is pretty epic.

ED! on
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    And there really needs to be an OST here. I mean for the first damn "zone" that forest music is pretty epic.

There is.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    im up to the beginning of the first dungeon area, so hopefully things start picking up soon. really liking everything so far.

• Options
    Oh Level-5:
    "It seems to be sealed by some sort of magic. . ."

One of my favorite parts of DQ8. Time to break out the notepaper.

• Options
    Awesome little detail no.1: Walking down stairs. It's just animated so damn well. Not only did they take care to make sure it actually looks natural, if you stop between steps, there's a special animation of Oliver having his feet on two steps.

Awesome little detail no.2: Run into and circle around Drippy and you can knock him off his feet. And sometimes he'll say "Lay off, man!".

• Options
    ED! wrote: »
    Oh Level-5:
    "It seems to be sealed by some sort of magic. . ."

One of my favorite parts of DQ8. Time to break out the notepaper.
    After the first dungeon you'll actually get a menu option that will keep track of dungeons (among other things) and it has a chest tracker. If there are blue/purple/green chests, it'll say 00/?? and if there aren't any it'll just have a --

You'll have to keep track of the towns yourself, though, I think.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Hrmmm, I think my dpad/joysticks are acting up. Guessing I might need a new controller if this keeps up, really fucks up combat.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Motorville (Oliver's Hometown) background pun
    Paige Turner's Books

This game is the absolute best.

And something a bit more of substance, if anyone has done Request 44, Hide and Seek
    Where is the third kid? I found the one in the town square, and the one up the stairs by the quest shop, but cannot find number 3.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Motorville (Oliver's Hometown) background pun
    Paige Turner's Books

This game is the absolute best.

And something a bit more of substance, if anyone has done Request 44, Hide and Seek
    Where is the third kid? I found the one in the town square, and the one up the stairs by the quest shop, but cannot find number 3.
    One of them is in one of the shops.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Double post

Alucard6986 on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Triple post

Alucard6986 on
  • Options
    Thank you thank you thank you. :)

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Gonna be downloading this overnight. Hopefully I get to play it sometime this week, but I kinda doubt it considering the semester just started and I have a weekend intensive to prepare for.

• Options
    My order status for my Wizard's Edition now says "Boxed Shipment". Hopefully, that changes soon.

• Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Call up your bank or CC company or whoever and find out if the charge has come through, that's the best way to tell right now if they haven't sent an e-mail. There's a decent chance you'll never get told it shipped, but if the money has gone through already then you should be in the clear.

Gilder on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Starting now: First impressions: Loving it!

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Gilder wrote: »
    Call up your bank or CC company or whoever and find out if the charge has come through, that's the best way to tell right now if they haven't sent an e-mail. There's a decent chance you'll never get told it shipped, but if the money has gone through already then you should be in the clear.

My online banking shows the money having been taken out.

• Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    You're probably good then, even pending would have been a good sign because a lot of people have had it outright canceled apparently. Digital River is just an amazingly bad company from what I've heard. This is my first experience so I was expecting the worst. They also run the Capcom store, and apparently they fucked up real bad with some extras or whatever for MvC3.

Gilder on
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, I wish I had known it was Digital River running this. Seems like they haven't improved from the SF4 launch, so in all likelihood they'll get shipped unsecured in boxes way too big without any packing materials.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    ok so a small tip.

The back of the instruction booklet has a translation guide for the wizard text in game. Much easier than looking it up in the compendium every time.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    My copy isn't here yet. Probably this afternoon. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Apparently alot of the gold familiars will appear in the post game in various places. Not sure if all of them (like the DLC ones) do or not, but something to consider.