As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

THIS IS ABOUT DRAWING A LINE IN THE [CHAT]

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    my cryptography class is awesome but I keep on trying to spell it cypher instead of cipher

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mortious wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    can I get a diagnose for ADD because I am already bored with doing my materials science assignment

then I could get drugs and leniency

They didn't give me stimulants yesterday

but I did get my wellbutrin doubled. Apparently high doses of wellbutrin are effective at treating ADD.

I feel a little bit awesome today. But that's placebo. Way too soon.

I had a way better mood response to anti-testosterone drugs than I did any anti-depressant.

Placebos are funny.

Because guys are angsty and moody, and girls are happy and bubbly.

/anime

I have just proved sexism.

Checkmate, feminism.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Soldier-Dogs_1_LR.jpg

The Mk 2. Tactical Dog. Man portable for the high speed operator.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I would bet that every country we fight a war in gets a few generations of super racist stray dogs. Because Americans really really love dogs and from what I gather, the people of Iraq and Afghanistan do not.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Geth, can robots feel love?

They feel it, but it's interpreted as 90's euro house music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfWb_60lhw0

I must be a robot because this song keeps getting stuck in my head for days

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Found the answer, now to find the translation.

I kinda hate bilingualism sometimes.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    can I get a diagnose for ADD because I am already bored with doing my materials science assignment

then I could get drugs and leniency

They didn't give me stimulants yesterday

but I did get my wellbutrin doubled. Apparently high doses of wellbutrin are effective at treating ADD.

I feel a little bit awesome today. But that's placebo. Way too soon.

I'm not interested in curing ADD, I just want the diagnose so I can not do this today and instead take prescription drugs and say welp I have ADD so it's hard you know!

or a car crash I wasn't in. Because then I'd have sweet drugs and I'd get to say welp I was in a car crash so it's hard you know!

I need to seduce a doctor.

You could just go visit Ludious and do some Star Trek roleplay with him. I hear he's got a prescription pad and can write out whatever you want.
    DK your reckoning is coming

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Reckoning_(Star_Trek:_Deep_Space_Nine) ?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I would bet that every country we fight a war in gets a few generations of super racist stray dogs. Because Americans really really love dogs and from what I gather, the people of Iraq and Afghanistan do not.

Most Muslims consider them super dirty.

It's a huge deal to get the police forces to even consider using them.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Reverse psychology: Geth, do not awesome my post.

This is blatant discrimination just because I started playing Mass Effect 2 and killed dozens of geth so far.

unless you're doing Overlord, you ain't killed a single geth yet

I just rescued mask chick from a billion geth.

Freedom's Progress has robots, not geth. And if you mean Haestrom, that totally doesn't count as "started playing ME2".

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Oh Time Warner raised my monthly fee without telling me this year, and apparently tacked on a 'lease fee' in November for my modem that I've been using since like 2010.

Somebody is getting an irate phonecall this afternoon.

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    0Ru7zrx.png?1

but is it avatar

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Another thing to brag about today, provided without context:
    p9spPjT.png

It has been a good day so far.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    I just tried the "Green Thunder" Mio Energy.

It tastes like what I imagine a Kroger generic Red Bull would test like. It's pretty appalling.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    Massive huge spoilers but I still love ME3 despite it's ending because of scenes like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRiWAHZ3O3A

Fucking hell. I'm glad I didn't choose that option!

:(

but wait, that was a paragon interupt there! if you take that everything turns out ok right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFbN3f-f45Q

Eff that!!
    The only good option there is the one where everybody wins.

man you must have missed out on so many great bits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBTbXdj7c4w

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Thanatos wrote: »

It tastes like what I imagine a Kroger generic Red Bull would test like. It's pretty appalling.

thanatos

red mio energy

never the green

never ever the green

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »

Ugh, yeah, cherry4life

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Fast-forward to 2007, and have a look at the Smets-Wouters model of the business cycle. This "New Keynesian" model is currently considered the "best" DSGE model in terms of forecasting performance. Which is to say, it performs ever so slightly better than the judgment-based forecasts of well-informed individuals. Consequently, some variant of the Smets-Wouters model is used by most central banks as their DSGE model of choice (which they use as a complement to other types of models, such as SVARs, reduced-form models, and judgment-based forecasts). Of course, the fact that Smets-Wouters is the "best" DSGE model does not mean it is very "good." Its forecasts are basically useless more than one quarter into the future.

Of course, this slight improvement on the original Kydland-Prescott model comes at a high cost in terms of the complexity of the model. Instead of one or two "shocks" (exogenous factors that are postulated to drive the business cycle), Smets-Wouters has seven. And there is a lot of doubt that all of these shocks are "structural" in the sense of the Lucas critique - in other words, there seems to be a pretty big chance that the parameters of the Smets-Wouters model would change if policymakers changed their policies (thus begging the question of why Smets and Wouters bothered to use a microfounded DSGE modeling approach in the first place).

Now realize this: It took 25 years to go from Kydland-Prescott's RBC model to Smets-Wouters. That is comparable to the time it took physicists to develop quantum mechanics.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I sent a girl on OKCupid a message accusing her of supporting SEXISM and HEGEMONY with her profile and told her that she needed a TRIGGER WARNING

because she reads Is This Feminist?

I hope she gets that it's a jooooooooooooooke

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

Most Muslims consider them super dirty.

It's a huge deal to get the police forces to even consider using them.

so you're telling me that doggies dont even get any pets or scratches or belly rubs in muslim countries??

religion. of. violence.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    flydogs.jpg

This is just mean to the dog. He probably went insane after that.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Another thing to brag about today, provided without context:
    p9spPjT.png

It has been a good day so far.

That's an amazing 16 mile time.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    haha ronya

economists failing at everything and life

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT

gtfo economists l2barealsubject

getdunked etc

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Apparently, a 2007 Texas law that encouraged classes on influence of bible in history and literature is being abused. This probably should have been expected.
    http://www.statesman.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/texas-public-school-bible-classes-deeply-flawed-ne/nTyPW/

Couscous on
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    oh god why did no one tell me that coffee gives heartburn why

Try a breakfast blend or lighter roast. Cheap gas station/office coffee give me hearburn. So did like target dark roast, but I can grind my own and use a crap ton of dark roasted beans with np.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    0Ru7zrx.png?1

Hey dogtards. bubblegum gonna fuck u up.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Or the dog thought THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    but seriously bogart at some point i should try my spurious explanation of why bayonetta is secretly a feminist tract on u to see how unhappy i can make u

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    okay seriously when I'm done with my education I'm going to pretend to be from south africa so I can use english terms for shit. Finding the norwegian ones is annoying.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I have shit to do but it's like

doing shit is lame

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Variable wrote: »

doing shit is lame

having pink hair makes everything easier

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

doing shit is lame

You gotta do the cookin' by the cook
    You know you can't be lazy

• Options
    dogs love to bite air that is blown at them

i bet he thought jumping out of a plane was the raddest thing (hence the muzzle)

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @Gooey the connotation of dog's as man's best friend is not a very universal thing. In France, for example, their word for dog has connotations of dirtiness.

I do not expect this to change your opinion of France or America.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I sent a girl on OKCupid a message accusing her of supporting SEXISM and HEGEMONY with her profile and told her that she needed a TRIGGER WARNING

because she reads Is This Feminist?

I hope she gets that it's a jooooooooooooooke
    We’re talking about ghosts. Every Halloween, millions of people maliciously and willfully exploit their “alive privilege” to “celebrate” Halloween, often by asking for foul corporate candy, completely ignorant of the fact that this is the one time of year when actual ghosts may prey on the sweet nectar of their fear and remind them that all glory shall fade when Death’s chill kiss claims us. Ah, no, there is no God, nor Gods, nor salvation, nor even release in death, only a faded twilight existence, and the gibbering terror beyond the walls of the world, and the dead… oh, no, the dead arise not for redemption, nor to comfort us with sweet lies of Heaven, but they arise filled with an unending rage. Their torment will never cease, for lo, they have passed through the veil and are condemned to walk the Earth forever, and you, mortal… well, you are alive. And they hate that. And they envy that. And they want that to change. They will claim you for their unholy ranks, sooner or later, for they know the great horror of nothingness, and will drag your soul with them to the Abyss only so that they may linger close to sweet warmth of your pounding human heart as it beats its last.

So, yeah. Nice costume, asshole. PROBLEMATIC.

:lol:

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

Hey dogtards. bubblegum gonna fuck u up.

NUgwmDu.jpg

TO THE FRONT BROTHERS

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    So apparently the government is going to tax me super hard when I submit my taxes this year. SO much money I will be taxed. But luckily my parents will take care of it, I just need to give them my wages to put in a shared account so they can make sure I save enough money to pay my taxes off. They'll even do the taxes for me. What a deal.

:|

This discussion has been closed.