Options

[Strip Search] now with free range spoilers

• Options
    Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    Yeah you kinda made it abundantly so. :P I might be a bit biased...
    because I'm not the biggest fan of wearing printed T's, and Amy's design was very "shirt". Good for the competition, but not my cup o' tea, so meh on me. But shit yes Mac had something outrageously awesome for a wall print. Take my monies Kiko/Mac! Make that a thing!

Twas a good episode though. This was really the first one where you actually heard some artistic motivators from everybody.

"Never Hit"
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I'm the opposite on Mac's. I actually had to rewatch part of it to remind me what his was as it was completely unmemorable to me.

• Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    Gah, this episode really has everything - deadline stress forcing you to be creative, all the self-doubt and self-criticism, the awkwardness and nervousness of critique. I I sympathize so strongly.

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    It was great to see everybody put their skills to the test this episode, I'm liking the challenges so far - it was totally awkward seeing everybody get critiqued, it's clear how nervous everybody is, hopefully everybody gets a bit more comfortable with each other and with the challenges after the first day.

That goes for the host too, it seems like he's trying to be the calm and cool game master but he's coming across as flat and void of any personality.

And I'm of course cheering for my SDCC bro @Lexxy, woo!

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Oh man. That must have been ROOOUUUUGH. Loved watching, though.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I felt so bad for
    Amy. It's great that she won but having to be the first person to single out fellow competitors to be potentially eliminated that would make me feel so awful.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I felt so bad for
    Amy. It's great that she won but having to be the first person to single out fellow competitors to be potentially eliminated that would make me feel so awful.

Yeeeah I'm really not jealous of the challenge winners solely for this reason.
    But hopefully the profits from the t-shirt will assuage some of the guilt

godmode on
  • Options
    I am way to much of a softhearted baby to ever do well on a show like this
    If I wasn't, I'd have nominated Lexxy and Erica because that way I'd be guaranteed to eliminate one of the two toughest competitors

• Options
    Cold as ice

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I am way to much of a softhearted baby to ever do well on a show like this
    If I wasn't, I'd have nominated Lexxy and Erica because that way I'd be guaranteed to eliminate one of the two toughest competitors

Nah you take out the power players mid game. Its better to go for the weaker targets early.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Already this show is way better than Apprentice or Hell's Kitchen or something, cause I really dont want anyone to go home. There are no villains! Who do I root against?

Being Amy at that point must have been awful.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    Already this show is way better than Apprentice or Hell's Kitchen or something, cause I really dont want anyone to go home. There are no villains! Who do I root against?

Being Amy at that point must have been awful.

Unless Graham starts swearing like a sailor and rips his shirt off Kitchen nightmare has a slight edge.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    That is the most interesting way of spelling "Graham" I've ever seen.

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    Aside from the SS, I really like the idea of a crest shirt. I thought that one stood out the most, despite not really being marketable without tweaking it so it says the full "strip search" instead of an acronym

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Trying to sell a shirt with an SS acronym on it?

That's a paddlin'

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    That is the most interesting way of spelling "Graham" I've ever seen.

The other letters were eliminated.

• Options
    MyntMynt Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    One thing that they don't show, is after that it's announced the winner there's a VERY long & uncomfortable amount of time where we're not doing anything but waiting around. It's very nerve-wracking worrying if you're going to get picked to go home. And I assume even more nerve wracking for Amy having to wait around with the people she knows she's going to condemn. It was bittersweet to not win that challenge.

Mynt on
  • Options
    I wish we could gather all of the contestants here in SE++ and get running commentary during the show.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not saying that decision could possibly have been easy, but I think the crest idea had legs. I was surprised by that choice!

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    cool that im a giant baby that gets really nervous watching this now

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Sorta surprised no one went with the other meaning of strip search.

• Options
    godmode wrote: »
    I wish we could gather all of the contestants here in SE++ and get running commentary during the show.

I can only imagine how badly that would end.

• Options
    Lexxy would furniture bend someone within minutes.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Man, I would totally wear Katie's design.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    It's amazingly petty, but I really hope they get someone in to finish the drywalling off on that oval window behind Kiko, because I could not take my eyes off it in every one of the judges-backstage scenes.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »

"Not That Kind of Show."

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Enc wrote: »

"Not That Kind of Show."

I would just image that the substantial portion of gag-cartoonists would have taken that and ran with it. Comedy takes time though, so maybe thats why.

Really, I would probably wear most of the shirts designs. That crest, a bit smaller and sans the SS, on a polo would be pretty sweet.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    The winner chooses who is on the bottom?

I don't like that at all :<

That makes me think of all the bad reality tv tropes like alliances and packs and double dealing which isn't what I personally look for in a reality show. It smacks of antagonism and throwing people in there because they will be a 'threat' rather than them doing actually poorly on the challenge.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    I'm glad that Jerry is sticking with that outfit.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular

That makes me think of all the bad reality tv tropes like alliances and packs and double dealing which isn't what I personally look for in a reality show. It smacks of antagonism and throwing people in there because they will be a 'threat' rather than them doing actually poorly on the challenge.
    Yeah, I'm not thrilled about that either. Hopefully it's just a one time thing.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular

exactly. I was really hoping they'd use the "true competition" style of, for example, top chef. one event - top person wins, bottom person goes home.
    I'll keep watching for now, but I'm done the first time someone gets sent to elimination because of interpersonal drama or meta-gaming.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I am having a ton of fun with Strip Search, but my one big issue (besides the elimination format, which hopefully is temporary), is how short and broken up the episodes are.

I can understand that TV-style hour long episodes are infeasible, but I really feel that a challenge and the associated elimination should be in the same episode.

That said, I am eagerly awaiting the next episode.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I am kind of tempted to try and forget about the show for a week or two then watch lots of episodes at once.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular

exactly. I was really hoping they'd use the "true competition" style of, for example, top chef. one event - top person wins, bottom person goes home.
    I'll keep watching for now, but I'm done the first time someone gets sent to elimination because of interpersonal drama or meta-gaming.

I thought it was pretty weird that Abby didn't go up for elimination as well, they made it sound that way at the time

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    I'm dying to shed a bit of light on the judging process, since most of it was cut out for the sake of time, but it'll have to wait till I get home later. I'm just grabbing a quick bite of dinner in the middle of my long-ass drive home today. Gotta hit the road again in a minute.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    what i'd really like to know is whether
    the selection process of the winner having to pick two up for elimination was a complete surprise to everyone, or if there was some warning beforehand.

there's a bit of "fellow-artist-critique" reasoning that i can see, but aside from that, all i'm getting is that it's to gin up some unnecessary drama :<

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Reality television!

Honestly I am looking forward to seeing how everyone starts getting along (or not) after this first day winds down.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    I felt as if it would look like favoritism-by-association, due to Lexxy being a "forum entity", to say this... but fuck it.

Considering what I wrote at the TOTP about shirts, the only design that I, personally, would buy and wear would be Lexxy's. Why? Firstly, it looked like an actual logo, and if I'm going to be wearing something that is connected to a "brand" I want what is on the shirt to fit the part. Secondly, as a design it looked damn clean, akin to the things I like about the blue/orange bubble PA logo itself. Now, yeah, was it as "Artistic" or "High Concept" as the others? Some yes, some no, but it would be festooned on my torso so I just want it looking nice.

"Never Hit"
  • Options
    Old Red InkOld Red Ink Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Okay, I was enjoying the show before but after that episode I'm truly excited about it. I don't want to see anyone go home, but I still can't wait for the next episode. From the preview, the room that they use for the elimination challenge looks awesome.

Also I want to buy Katie's shirt.

Old Red Ink on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    This was a tense motherfucker of a challenge. T-shirts are rough.

This discussion has been closed.