As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Screw the cafeteria, I'm QUILTBAGgin' it today

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I'm convinced that Jim Carrey is really talented, but he only occasionally gets the chance to prove it because he usually ends up in awful movies. Like, he's kind of incredible at physical comedy, but "wacky guy who makes funny faces" is not a strong enough character to carry a single movie, never mind several.

same problem with sandler

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I'm convinced that Jim Carrey is really talented, but he only occasionally gets the chance to prove it because he usually ends up in awful movies. Like, he's kind of incredible at physical comedy, but "wacky guy who makes funny faces" is not a strong enough character to carry a single movie, never mind several.

The Truman Show was the movie that showed me that Jim Carrey is actually a really talented actor.

I love that film so much.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoTzTFUZblY

Please kill me if I ever become famous. This would be horrible.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i also liked Will Ferrel on SNL, but with like one exception i hate his movies.

• Options
    Old Red InkOld Red Ink Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

same problem with sandler

Yeah actually there are some interesting parallels between Carrey in The Truman Show and Sandler in Punch-Drunk Love. Both are basically parodies of the characters that those actors typically play.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »

That's because SNL skits are like 5 minutes, not 90 minutes.

And even then they often go on too long.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    I have high hopes for you guys
    don't let me down when I meet some of you at the forum camps in oregon this summer
    I expect you all to be rad people

Wait there's forum camps? In Oregon? I'M IN OREGON.

what are forum camps

• Options
    FCD wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Is there a distinction between a man disguising himself as a woman and someone who's transgender?

I think there is, and I also remember wondering exactly what everyone saw that proved Einhorn was Finkle.

In the original cut, Ventura spins her around and you can see a bulge in the back of her panties indicating that she's "tucked".

embarasing confession time: the first time I saw that scene in Ace Ventura, I thought Einhorn had done some sort of surgery to put his penis on his butt, somehow. Tucking just never occurred to me. I was a dumb kid back in the day.

First time I saw it I honestly thought she had pooped herself.

I was super dumb.

HAH. "Was."

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    reeducation camps

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, I forgot to post earlier but my date went really well. Felt good to get dressed up for something. I worry a bit though since I was so wiped out and exhausted from today. But she didn't bite my friggin' head off, so I call it a win.

• Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    Oh hey, I forgot to post earlier but my date went really well. Felt good to get dressed up for something. I worry a bit though since I was so wiped out and exhausted from today. But she didn't bite my friggin' head off, so I call it a win.

if you were a praying mantis, this night would have actually been a loss
    as it is, good work!

• Options
    Old Red InkOld Red Ink Registered User regular
    reeducation camps

I'm pretty disappointed that this didn't get a Geth agree.

• Options
    reeducation camps

I'm pretty disappointed that this didn't get a Geth agree.

geth doesn't want reeducation
    geth wants extermination

• Options
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    uhhh, i don't think it's happened yet

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

The Truman Show was the movie that showed me that Jim Carrey is actually a really talented actor.

I love that film so much.
    i think this is the only truman film i've seen so far

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    it hasn't happened yet but we shut down signups

• Options
    Yeah I can't join in is the point. I can just show up at the campsite and stare at everyone through binoculars.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Go to pax

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    so this happened

yeap.jpg

you can't see but the next line is "thank you for filing a report" or whatever

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Tube wrote: »
    Go to pax

Are you going to pax?

• Options
    Narbus wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Go to pax

Are you going to pax?

he has a special room attached to the ceiling so he can look down on paxers while he pets his fluffy white cat
    then he pulls the lever for the nerve gas.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    so this happened

yeap.jpg

you can't see but the next line is "thank you for filing a report" or whatever

It's been so long since I've played GW2.

A green name means local chat, right? That's not a guildie?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    yeah

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Okay but "homo probe" is a little bit funny.

Like, I could see neville saying something like that in a completely sincere manner.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    People in online games are just the worst. I constantly make the mistake of assuming that people in games are going to be as cool as some of the people on these forums. Man, am I ever wrong.

You should have seen the reaction when the guys I used to play league with found out I was trans. Ugh.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Melding wrote: »

Was it Stranger Than Fiction? Because that movie was pretty great.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Stranger Than Fiction is the best Will Farrell movie that is not Anchorman.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    People in online games are just the worst. I constantly make the mistake of assuming that people in games are going to be as cool as some of the people on these forums. Man, am I ever wrong.

You should have seen the reaction when the guys I used to play league with found out I was trans. Ugh.
    I would love to see those people pull that kind of shit at an arcade.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

The online game community is easily one of the worst around for this kind of shit. I have to turn off General Chat in any MMO I play or it'll drive me completely away. Another one as bad if not worse is, amazingly, the board games community.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Holy shit the local board game community here is creeeeeepy.

I thought like, "okay, arcades are mostly cool dudes, let's see if the board game community is alright."

I stepped in the store and the conversations at the table continued. Wife came in, everyone starts creepy staring and discussion starts getting quieter. I turned around and left, never to return.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I want to amend my earlier statement

Carrey was not married to McCarthy, they only dated
    However he does apparently still share her anti-vaccination beliefs which is terrible all on its own

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    99% of the time when i wish ill on someone i'm being incredibly hyperbolic just for shits and gigs

the other 1% of the time i'm saying something about jenny mccarthy

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Ugh he's anti-vaccine? Shut up shut up shut up

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Anti vaccine Jim carrey becomes contagious Germ Carry

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Maybe he'll get polio

Oh wait it doesn't exist anymore because vaccines

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    There is hope. I heard fluoride can cause cells to mutate into polio.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    The rainbow sprinkler conspiracy lady will be avenged by history

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

yeah, you can't really say enough for how better online games are with people you trust

every time I find an online game I like I basically spend months trumpeting it here on the boards for just this reason

This discussion has been closed.