As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Screw the cafeteria, I'm QUILTBAGgin' it today

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    That peach up there has no waist

I'm assuming all her organs were shoved into her stupidly oversized breasts.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Vivian from the thousand year door is trans, too. I love that game. <3
    Wait really?
    http://www.mariowiki.com/vivian#Gender

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Neat (and weird that they didn't translate it)

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I've been recently deciding to play through games with trans characters just for a kind of better knowledge of what is going on in video games with respect to gender.

I am not sure if I'm just signing up to depress myself or not though.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Neat (and weird that they didn't translate it)

Nah, this type of thing gets glossed over a lot.

When not sure which way to play it safe, play for the masses is the mentality i assume.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    it sucks that they translated it out because in hindsight it adds a whole new layer to how her sisters mistreated her and how she ultimately rebelled

also how goombella is initially weirded out by her but eventually comes around

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    goddamn that game owned

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    i rented paper mario and played super paper mario at a demo station at target

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    I got paper Mario with Nintendo coins for wii

I do not have a wii, but when smash bros comes out I will be a able to download paper mario

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    paper mario for brawl

• Options
    anti you should play thousand year door it is the best game

• Options
    yes except no because it would be sticker star paper Mario and I can't bear the thought

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options

that's an awfully odd way of spelling pokemon silver, fella

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Deadly Premonition

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    yoshi is usually referred to as a boy

but he lays eggs

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    ban zay

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I want to like Paper Mario but there is just not enough cannabis in the world to make me understand what the shit is going on in those games.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    yoshi is usually referred to as a boy

but he lays eggs

Yoshis are like inverse seahorses.

• Options
    Walt wrote: »
    I want to like Paper Mario but there is just not enough cannabis in the world to make me understand what the shit is going on in those games.

it's a lighthearted adventure where you collect a number of magical whatsits to defeat an ancient evil and there's a lot of funny character stuff what even is there to understand

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular

well yeah because drugs aren't going to help you, all you need to do is pay the bare minimum of attention it is pretty basic videogame/storybook stuff going on there

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

are you rolling said cannabis in mario?

this is key

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Walt are you "weed guy" now

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Yup!

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

that's an awfully odd way of spelling pokemon silver, fella

There are 151 pokemon and no more.

You kids and all your silly Dodacahedroshittymons.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013

it's a lighthearted adventure where you collect a number of magical whatsits to defeat an ancient evil and there's a lot of funny character stuff what even is there to understand

My favorite paper mario memory is watching a friend in the dorms play Super Paper Mario for maybe a half hour and then I predicted the entire general plot arc and the 2-3 twists

A couple days later he finished and told me I was right about everything and I was happy.

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Melding wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »
    Birdo is trans.

I don't see how that is relevant to the mushroom kingdom being a hellscape.

Also she's from the dreamworld, so.

I didn't meant to imply that it was a contribution to hellscapishness.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I've only played the Wii Paper Mario (Super I think) and I loved it, did they ever release the others on VC?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    the first one is on VC

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think I have Mario RPG and Paper Mario on my VC.

I should play those.

I got fairly far into Mario RPG when it was on SNES, but never finished it. Haven't played Paper Mario yet.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    forgot birdo was originally from subcon

what if
    what if birdo is what yoshi dreams of being??

and then birdo leaves the dream and goes plays tennis and races karts??

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    super paper mario had exactly one suprising and effective twist
    when you fail to save the sammer guy's world, it becomes an empty white void, everyone in it dies, and the magical macguffin you sought there loses its power

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I played Mario RPG years ago but I couldn't get the timing right on that bit where you have to charge through a door. Seriously tried that for like a week before giving up and just... failed over and over.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed super paper mario a lot

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I always wanted to play paper mario

is it actually similar/related to Mario RPG or is it its own thing that is also an RPG with Mario

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    having played Mario RPG and the first two paper Mario's

play them a they are amazing

it is its own thing in a lot of ways, but you still time attacks and its turn based

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular

I should mention that I have a very, very poor sense of direction (related to actual brain damage!) and I spent 5 hours playing Super Paper Mario and couldn't figure out where the fuck I was supposed to go or what was going on.
    I am having difficulty expressing the current levels of disdain I feel.

• Options
    I always wanted to play paper mario

is it actually similar/related to Mario RPG or is it its own thing that is also an RPG with Mario

similar trappings (turn based, hit buttons at right times to boost attacks) but it's a lot simpler (parties are just mario and one partner)

they are also charming and amusing as hell

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    I am still super fond of Mario RPG, especially the weirder second half or so of the game

I unfortunately own nothing that can play the Marios paper at the moment, though

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Super Mario RPG ruled. I never played any other Mario RPG games though.

• Options
    I am having difficulty expressing the current levels of disdain I feel.[/quote]

don't worry the post wasn't directed at you you're the best

also I'm CM again in d3 it's a never ending cycle

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
This discussion has been closed.