As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So the [Duel of Champions] CCG is pretty fun.

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    aaannnnd... ubisoft/uplay accounts hacked. film at 11.

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    I'm thinking my 2nd box will be a Rising. The cards aren't as good as Herald but there is a good chance to get a Sanc hero so that will give me yet another deck to mess with. Plus the fact that I can afford it in 1 level instead of 3 is nice.

• Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    The epic spells are from the latest expansion. There's one spell per school, seven total.

The best spells are water, fire, and air. Air is the one that let's you move creatures as much as you wish. I have won SO many games playing that card. You can use it to position his creatures in fireball formation and wipe them out, use it to place his weaker creatures in front of yours so you can kill several of them, use it to clear a path for you to perform a full attack and kill him, etc.

It's extremely versatile and useful. The only caveat is it's not that useful if you don't have a solid board of creatures.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Huh I only recently signed up for a Uplay account for Blood Dragon and use it for DoC. I haven't received any emails about the hack or telling me to change my password. I wonder if in was an older system that was compromised.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    So, apparently the password repository that was accessed stored passwords that were encrypted and not hashed.

Fucking seriously. I should get to punch your CEO in the face if you lose passwords and weren't hashing.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I am so tired of these companies being this lazy.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Incindium wrote: »
    Huh I only recently signed up for a Uplay account for Blood Dragon and use it for DoC. I haven't received any emails about the hack or telling me to change my password. I wonder if in was an older system that was compromised.

NM my email from Ubisoft came. Ironically Gmail categorized it as Spam, probably because it included a reset your password link that looked pretty fishy if I hadn't know about the attack(actually probably would be a great time for a hacker to steal accounts by sending bogus Ubisoft emails to change your password). Seriously is not bad enough to get hacked and caught storing encrypted passwords but then to send the email notice to change the password that Gmail detects as a Spam/ possible phishing attempt.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The epic spells are from the latest expansion. There's one spell per school, seven total.

The best spells are water, fire, and air. Air is the one that let's you move creatures as much as you wish. I have won SO many games playing that card. You can use it to position his creatures in fireball formation and wipe them out, use it to place his weaker creatures in front of yours so you can kill several of them, use it to clear a path for you to perform a full attack and kill him, etc.

It's extremely versatile and useful. The only caveat is it's not that useful if you don't have a solid board of creatures.

Gah dammit now you made my decision hard again. But I already got the epic fire unique in my box which is tied w/ primal for the best ones. Primal just gives you a row, fire is a dirt cheap, tunable Armageddon.

Also have epic earth enchant but that is kind of crappy.

• Options

Gah dammit now you made my decision hard again. But I already got the epic fire unique in my box which is tied w/ primal for the best ones. Primal just gives you a row, fire is a dirt cheap, tunable Armageddon.

Also have epic earth enchant but that is kind of crappy.

Primal's not that useful...just closes off a row to your opponent. It's good but won't win games for you like fire/air/water will.

I have earth, light, air, and primal. Missing death, fire, water. I REALLY need fire because it fits my main deck and is probably the best spell out of all of them. Board wipe capabilities with 3-4 magic only instead of 6 you would need for armageddon is super strong.

• Options
    Is death the goddamn 3 damage to enemy, 3 heal to you?

Hate that spell so much. Because I don't have it.

• Options
    No, the death epic unique spell is silent death. Enchants a creature, next turn the creature dies and you get the spell back in your hand. It's not that great because if the creature dies before the spell kills it, you lose the spell. So your opponent can disenchant it or kill his own creature to get rid of the spell.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    No, the death epic unique spell is silent death. Enchants a creature, next turn the creature dies and you get the spell back in your hand. It's not that great because if the creature dies before the spell kills it, you lose the spell. So your opponent can disenchant it or kill his own creature to get rid of the spell.

Or do what I did to the guy who tried it on me, and use my hero's ability to bounce the creature.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    So whats a normal total value for the weekly rewards? I just got my first week and it was only 26875.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So whats a normal total value for the weekly rewards? I just got my first week and it was only 26875.

20k - 60k. 26k is low.

• Options
    mine was listed as 45k but since you cant buy tournament tickets or seals for gold that number is entirely made up

• Options
    Since my deck is so good right now, tournament tickets are worth more to me than the listed gold amount. I win a prize with at least 1/2 my tickets, so each ticket is worth a lot more than 4k gold to me (or whatever they value it as).

Getting actual gold is somewhat disappointing for me.

• Options
    On a bit of a win streak between today and yesterday.

BNaPxfg.jpg

• Options
    I haven't been able to get the 10 in a row achievement. Been getting 7 or 8 then facing a wallet warrior. I'm encouraged thought that I beat a wallet warrior nergle deck that played 4 banshees and 4 deathseekers.

• Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    9 outs left in 30 cards - drew 2 cards that turn... can't draw any of them to save win the game, end swiss 2-1, not even second somehow? :( boo, hiss, etc.

My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I had that happen to me. I don't understand how the break points are earned. But they seem to reward people who lose against worse players more than winners and losing to the best player which is weird.

I tried to play two games last night, but my hand wouldn't show up, but the card I drew would and then I couldn't do anything. Needless to say I had to drop out of those games.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The fundamental flaw of the game is not being able to trade. Trading negates the wallet-warrior thing pretty heavily, as opening a sweet Inferno card becomes a sweet Sanctuary card, for instance.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    So people in this thread saying that the Inferno Deck was a good starter deck... Is that after you get a box of boosters or what? Cause I've been struggling to progress through the campaign levels. I've opened 6-7 boosters of various sizes that have been from promo codes or rewards in game but not spent any of in game seals or gold yet. I was trying to save up enough seals for the big box. I've got like 60k gold, which boosters would be best to buy to help out my Inferno deck?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So people in this thread saying that the Inferno Deck was a good starter deck... Is that after you get a box of boosters or what? Cause I've been struggling to progress through the campaign levels. I've opened 6-7 boosters of various sizes that have been from promo codes or rewards in game but not spent any of in game seals or gold yet. I was trying to save up enough seals for the big box. I've got like 60k gold, which boosters would be best to buy to help out my Inferno deck?

I would suggest spending seals on the Herald expansion box then spending gold on reinforcement packs.

• Options
    Yeah but I was saving for the Serious Box. What makes the Herard expansion preferable?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Maledict66Maledict66 Registered User regular
    Nothing it's just that you can spend gold to get the basic set but you can't for the expansions, and there's no gold to seals direct transfer route. So ultimately if you spend seals on the base set you will end up having a ton of gold that you can't really use.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    In Herald most of the epic spells are gamechangers, a couple will give a win by themselves (light of tomorrow pretty much guarantees a victory unless the opponent has specific counters). Just the common creatures fill niches that were neglected in the other expansions. Oliphant and skel archers are good examples.

The heros also have excellent and potentially gamechanging powers.

rembrandtqeinstein on
  • Options
    Man, do I have the patience to save for a box rather than buying individual boosters? It'll probably at least two weeks before I can get another box.

• Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    The launcher won't work for me. It says "the server file failed to load" and "unable to connect to server"

Anyone else having issues?

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    also broken for me, guess I can be productive now...oh wait...scrolls

edit: after playing scrolls again I realized why I stopped, it just isn't as much fun as duel - the only really interesting thing it brings to the table it the split health mechanic makes otk much more difficult

rembrandtqeinstein on
  • Options
    I was in the middle of a duel and just got kicked from the server and now can't reconnect... Man and I used my gold boost too. I wonder how it will register in regards to the boost.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Today was day 7 for both my accounts :(

My padherder
  • Options
    it's back up!

My padherder
  • Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Any tips for Stronghold deck users? I started with the ordinary Inferno starter that they give you at the beginning, and then I bought the Stronghold deck with my first 75k gold. I think my Inferno starter is better than my Stronghold deck...At the very least, it's easier to use. I don't want to ask on the official forums because it looks like a pit of despair.

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I got the 10 win thing pretty easily going from ~200 to wherever I'm at now, it didn't feel particularly difficult, but I guess that's because (until my streak broke after either the 10th or an 11th to the fucking 0 cost poison your creatures guy) I really didn't fight anybody with an amazing deck, especially some dude with a full sanc dec at like rating 300 that was just full of neutral crap.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    doomybear wrote: »
    Any tips for Stronghold deck users? I started with the ordinary Inferno starter that they give you at the beginning, and then I bought the Stronghold deck with my first 75k gold. I think my Inferno starter is better than my Stronghold deck...At the very least, it's easier to use. I don't want to ask on the official forums because it looks like a pit of despair.

I fought a stronghold deck that had a great combo Zardoc who can give any creature swift and charge, lots of enrage creatures, and Light of Tomorrow which brings a creature out of your graveyard into your hand every turn.

Once he had both dreamwalker and crusher active in the same row he basically locked it down. He used insect swarm to destroy his own creatures fueling his enrage then used those to kill mine that survived the insect swarm.

Mostly its the "light of tomorrow" enchant. Thats an iwin button against everyone who doesn't carry dispels.

Stronghold has some commons I really like. IMO Goblin scout is the best 1 drop creature in the game. Oliphant from Herald is exactly what stronghold needs to keep control in the early game. Blood pool fortune is a fairly unique AOE buff that is relatively cheap.

My stronghold deck isn't tuned at all but my basic strategy is early rush w/ scouts and harpies. Mid game control w/ centaurs, orcs, and late game fatties including some quick attack + blood pool as removal.

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    doomybear wrote: »

I fought a stronghold deck that had a great combo Zardoc who can give any creature swift and charge, lots of enrage creatures, and Light of Tomorrow which brings a creature out of your graveyard into your hand every turn.

Once he had both dreamwalker and crusher active in the same row he basically locked it down. He used insect swarm to destroy his own creatures fueling his enrage then used those to kill mine that survived the insect swarm.

Mostly its the "light of tomorrow" enchant. Thats an iwin button against everyone who doesn't carry dispels.

Stronghold has some commons I really like. IMO Goblin scout is the best 1 drop creature in the game. Oliphant from Herald is exactly what stronghold needs to keep control in the early game. Blood pool fortune is a fairly unique AOE buff that is relatively cheap.

My stronghold deck isn't tuned at all but my basic strategy is early rush w/ scouts and harpies. Mid game control w/ centaurs, orcs, and late game fatties including some quick attack + blood pool as removal.

Yeah, I quickly learned to love Goblin Scouts. Zardoc seems like the best Stronghold hero, especially with being able to cast light and earth magic and keep his creatures up, while I could see Kelthor being used, too (essentially being the opposite with fire and air).

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Just for fun I did a Stronkhold deck with a ton of fortunes. It's been surprisingly decent unless it's against a well-tuned deck, but hey, I'm Elo 96. 8->

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Trying to decipher what you guys are talking about for advice to newbies there. What should I be saving the gold for vs the seals? I'm at ~26k gold and using a Haven deck to start with.

• Options
    Use gold on reinforcement packs...maybe get heroic packs IF you want to change heroes.

Save seals for boxes of the latest expansion. Maybe get 1 box of void rising for the commons, but you don't need to.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I am interested in different heroes. Does Premium make a difference or is that another word for "functionally identical, but shiny?"