Options

Mechwarrior Online: They've just gone obtuse!

• Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    EW! LPLas has more heat than a PPC now? :(

capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    f3rret wrote: »
    So I was going through the latest Ask The Devs and found this:
    GB Tarkus: When can we expect to see SLI/Crossfire and TrackIR in game.
    A: When our team has extra time.

The wording of that answer REALLY sounds like a "Fuck you". I've got a Radeon 5770 and a 5750 in Crossfire, and my performance is great in every other modern game that I've played. Since Crossfire STILL gives me flickering in MWO, I'm stuck running on one card, at 25-35 FPS. It's quite frustrating.

It's a beta, most games don't have advanced GPU support in beta. I will be complaining with you though once its release and no support for SLI/Crossfire for my GTX 560 TI's SLI.
    Capsaicin wrote: »
    EW! LPLas has more heat than a PPC now? :(

Yeah for now, they already said they are going to overhaul pulse weapons, but they just wanted to "standardize" them for now.

PGI's balance logic is very strange, to say the least.

BillGates on
    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    So I don't know what that Hunchback's armor is like but nine medium lasers right out of the gate!

• Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    So I don't know what that Hunchback's armor is like but nine medium lasers right out of the gate!

It's good for it's class. The problem, like the Dragon's nose, is that the hunch is so big, it ends up absorbing most of your damage.

But yes, 9 MLas is awesome!

• Options
    Oosik mechlab not updated yet! Chop chop M!ttens!

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »
    No heat mechanic changes. Cheese boaters will rule for yet another patch cycle.

Great job PGI.

Thanks, PGI! I could use the extra couple weeks to work on my Steam Gamebank. That was very considerate of you.

• Options

We call that the Deathstar. It's a pretty standard build.

• Options
    TheCanMan wrote: »

We call that the Deathstar. It's a pretty standard build.

Yeah I am just surprised as I am used to trial mechs being bad.

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    In honour of the new patch not addressing PPC heat, I'll be running this:
    JagerMelter [JM6-FB]: 4xERPPC, 280XL, DHS, Endo

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    wreckzorswreckzors Registered User regular
    I kinda want to put some flamers on my light mechs now and see if I can cook some PPC boats now.

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    The 4P is a fantastic Mech. Definitely worth picking up if you want a solid medium.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Whats another 2 weeks of not playing MWO anyway, nothing new anyway beside QKD's. Not worth the unbalanced bullshit.

Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Changes to the Small Pulse might make them usable in lighter mechs as they now have similar DPS to the MLas but with better heat (and 1/3 the range).

Capsaicin on
  • Options
    I am looking forward to trying the Hunchback trial and also fit hella machine guns, maybe flamers, on stuff.

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Whats another 2 weeks of not playing MWO anyway, nothing new anyway beside QKD's. Not worth the unbalanced bullshit.

Come to the Dark Side, Bill.

Actually, it's not very dark. It's bright, and freakin' HOT!

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Design is tweaking weapon numbers, so read on and if you think this patch is small, all I can say is enjoy the calm before the storm because big things are aligning for July.

Many, many, things.

This has me intrigued. My first reaction is to start thinking about CW, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Sigh, another effectively useless patch. I appreciate that PGI is working on new content, but new content doesn't matter if people don't want to play if game balance is shit.

And they bumped the heat on the LPLAS? Fucking seriously? Because if there was one thing wrecking game balance, it was people getting into LPLAS range and destroying everything, right? Not the PPC alpha bullshit. Not streaks zeroing in on CTs. Not the massive weight imbalances that screw up every third game or so.

Really feels like PGI throws dice on what to pay attention to, because they damned sure don't understand what to prioritize.

• Options

Design is tweaking weapon numbers, so read on and if you think this patch is small, all I can say is enjoy the calm before the storm because big things are aligning for July.

Many, many, things.

This has me intrigued. My first reaction is to start thinking about CW, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yeah I want to hear more about July! My naive optimism hasn't yet been crushed.

• Options

Come to the Dark Side, Bill.

Actually, it's not very dark. It's bright, and freakin' HOT!

I did it to place in the Highlander vs the World tourney. I feel so dirty after doing it, I can't do it again. It's just brain dead easy and IMO, not fun. No diversity, no tactics. Just point aim, hit the occasional coolant button for those "oh shit" moments, and thats about it.

I made so many light pilots angry when i was able to leg them in one shot. Even though i was legging 3L's, it just really felt wrong.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    @TOGSolid You need to update the thread title. I suggest "All we got for Patchmas was coal another PPCboat".

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular

I'm at work :(

...I'll see what I can do.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    m!ttens wrote: »

It'll be updated in about 30 minutes.

• Options
    Im ready for big things in July! 3 day weekends start that month... For 11 weeks! Yay for effective 20% pay cut!

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Mvrck wrote: »
    m!ttens wrote: »

It'll be updated in about 30 minutes.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!

Now please add the heat ratios!

Heat per sec / disapation per sec
    Alpha heat / Total Heat Capacity

(I might have those flipped)

• Options
    The robot is a cold-hearted overlord.

• Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    I can't blame PGI. I think they're really trying to get it right with the next patch. I mean, we're only 2 more weeks away from likely a huge patch. I'm happy to welcome another heavy mech (I cant wait to make a large laser quickdraw!).

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited June 2013

Many, many, things.

"We know you're disappointed because we've talked about balance for months and haven't done shit about it, but don't worry! We've got a lot of new fixes coming in a few weeks! Again! You can really believe we're doing something this time! But we won't tell you what we're doing!"

I can't even get excited about CW, because PGI can't even get the simple weapon set balanced that they've had out for a year now. Not because it's impossible to do so, but because of their absolutely horrible balance approach. I don't want to think that CW and beyond is just going to be a giant clusterfuck of imbalance forever, but PGI has spent most of the last nine months doing a really, really good job of making me think that's all they'll accomplish.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options

Many, many, things.

"We know you're disappointed because we've talked about balance for months and haven't done shit about it, but don't worry! We've got a lot of new fixes coming in a few weeks! Again! You can really believe we're doing something this time! But we won't tell you what we're doing!"

I can't even get excited about CW, because PGI can't even get the simple weapon set balanced that they've had out for a year now. Not because it's impossible to do so, but because of their absolutely horrible balance approach. I don't want to think that CW and beyond is just going to be a giant clusterfuck of imbalance forever, but PGI has spent most of the last nine months doing a really, really good job of making me think that's all they'll accomplish.

The optimist in me wants to believe that they intentionally ignored the piss poor weapon balance until stuff like HSR were implemented (the thought process being that they didn't want to rebalance everything again after all the mechanics were in place). Unfortunately, he doesn't have a very loud voice.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Im ready for big things in July! 3 day weekends start that month... For 11 weeks! Yay for effective 20% pay cut!

Geth knows what's up!

As a contractor I will have to work from home on those days.

Oh, the suffering.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    altmann wrote: »
    I can't blame PGI. I think they're really trying to get it right with the next patch. I mean, we're only 2 more weeks away from likely a huge patch. I'm happy to welcome another heavy mech (I cant wait to make a large laser quickdraw!).

I have a feeling the big patch is going to be UI 2.0 and maybe the Orion. The UI changes are huge, probably a massive pain in the ass to get working exactly right, but reordering and renaming your mechs is hardly going to make dropping any more fun than it is now.

• Options
    charrbroiledcharrbroiled 'dis guy Registered User regular
    I'm seeing some new names in this thread, I sure hope you guys are getting in Vent and dropping with Oosiks. It's a completely different game when you aren't surrounded by pubbies...

Only for Oosik's? I am always on, but have another unit I run with as well. Any issues if I popped on every so often?

Posting here makes you an Oosik. There's really nothing more to the membership than that.

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the responses all!

4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
    Guild Wars 2: Tyreh, asura Warrior
  • Options
    tuxkamen wrote: »

Geth knows what's up!

As a contractor I will have to work from home on those days.

Oh, the suffering.

Jerk. :evil:

But really, i dont play as much as others, and while i really wish theyd get on the PPC balance, i do have other things i can do in the mean time.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    altmann wrote: »

I have a feeling the big patch is going to be UI 2.0 and maybe the Orion. The UI changes are huge, probably a massive pain in the ass to get working exactly right, but reordering and renaming your mechs is hardly going to make dropping any more fun than it is now.

It's definitely not the Orion. They release mechs in a weight-class rotation. We just got a new heavy, so we won't get another one until we get a new light, medium, and assault.

• Options
    edited June 2013

Many, many, things.

The optimist in me wants to believe that they intentionally ignored the piss poor weapon balance until stuff like HSR were implemented (the thought process being that they didn't want to rebalance everything again after all the mechanics were in place). Unfortunately, he doesn't have a very loud voice.

It wouldn't be a bad idea, actually... except for the massive buffs they gave PPCs before HSR, then flat refusing to decently nerf them again afterwards.

It's that damned awful "balance weapons in a cycle" approach they say they use. Missiles out of whack? Sorry, we're only on flamers right now, check again in two months. Lasers a problem? We just patched those last week, so too bad. Ballistics no good? Good news! We're getting to those in a couple of patches! Right after we give lasers a tweak they don't actually need.

It sounds like a system that is literally designed to chase your own tail.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    PGI is hemorrhaging players at a crazy rate. The balance approach they take is flat-out bad, no way around that. CW better be fucking amazing and all this lame ass balancing is balancing for something that we don't know about yet or this game is as good as dead, before it even gets the "RTM" label.

BillGates on
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    PGI is hemorrhaging players at a crazy rate. The balance approach they take is flat-out bad, no way around that. CW better be fucking amazing and all this lame ass balancing is balancing for something that we don't know about yet or this game is as good as dead, before it even gets the "RTM" label.

Do you have the data to show this? I'm genuinely, honestly curious to know what the playerbase looks like for this game.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

Citation please, I'd love to see the data on the bolded assertion.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    FYI for anyone buying Quickdraws:

You probably want to try to snag the 5K right away. I can't imagine this is meant to be intended, but it is only 200k or so more CBills than the other variants, and comes with DHS and Ferro already installed. Unless PGI realizes that Ferro sucks and you'll probably be pulling it off right away. But still.

• Options
    Mvrck wrote: »
    FYI for anyone buying Quickdraws:

You probably want to try to snag the 5K right away. I can't imagine this is meant to be intended, but it is only 200k or so more CBills than the other variants, and comes with DHS and Ferro already installed. Unless PGI realizes that Ferro sucks and you'll probably be pulling it off right away. But still.

"You don't like Farrah Fawcett? Then good news! We've already reduced the cost of the mech to cover getting it removed!"

"But why didn't you just not put it in...?"

"SHUT UP AND BUY THE MECH."

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Also one of the Quickdraws is in the middle of the Dragon line-up. I'm disgusted.

3basnids3lf9.jpg