As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mlb]OMGMLBLOL

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

Or would be if, as the commenter points out, that wasn't A-Rod's normal position. Telling the guy to toss his helmet.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    And sometimes it represents the president's dick.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    This Albers guy

this Albers guy

• Options
    Morneau put on waivers

anyone but the Yankees, anyone but the Yankees

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    He's not old enough to be a Yankee yet.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yankees do need a 1b

• Options
    Uggla lands on the DL, no big deal I'll grab Dozier from free agency

fuck you Raijin!

and fuck you for taking Albers too!

• Options
    Hell yeah! Gotta have them Twins!

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Fuck you Raijin for making me think of that commercial.

Also, fuck you for having Yu Darvish and Chris Davis and Miguel Cabrera.

Maximum on
  • Options
    Don't forget about Paul Goldschmidt..

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    The Pirates turned a 6-9-3 double play tonight.

Points if you can figure it out without looking.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2013
    Is that SS-LF-1B?

(I think it's that or SS-RF-1B, I get the outfield numbers mixed up)

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Ball deflected off the 3rd basemen, caught by the left fielder, who then doubled up the runner at first? I think a deflected ball can be caught for an out as long as it doesn't touch the ground..right?

EDIT: I knew I was going to get my numbers wrong. Screw baseball scoring.

Goose! on
  • Options
    eh, the only real problem with the numbers is that it skips over the shortstop when you're doing the infield

1-Pitcher, 2-Catcher, 3-1B, 4-2B, 5-3B, 6-SS, 7-LF, 8-CF, 9-RF

that's a really weird double play, though, I assume that'll end up in some sort of highlight package

• Options
    It was the right fielder. It goes LF-7, CF-8, RF-9 for whatever reason.

• Options
    Schide wrote: »
    It was the right fielder. It goes LF-7, CF-8, RF-9 for whatever reason.

I guess they go numerically for the infield and the left to right in the outfield?

• Options
    I guess. Anyway, they brought the RF in to play in the infield, so that's what happened.

But it doesn't matter because I think the Pirates are pretty much done.

• Options
    My guess is it was a Linebacker-ballboy-fan interference double play.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    TMZ wrote:
    Alex Rodriguez not only feels the MLB is singling him out ... he feels "persecuted" in the PED scandal -- and plans to SUE if the league doesn't COMPLETELY recant ... TMZ has learned.

Sources directly connected to A-Rod tell us he's prepared to march into Federal court next month ... unless the 211-game suspension the MLB slapped him with last week isn't entirely lifted.

The reason for A-Rod's bold demand -- A-Rod sources familiar with the investigation tell us Alex hasn't tested positive and never "knowingly" used PEDs since 2003 ... the last season he admitted using 'roids. Our sources say A-Rod has been drug tested 11 times between 2011 and the present ... and all of the results were negative.

Our sources fume it's "absurd" Ryan Braun -- who reportedly tested positive in 2011 and then lied about it -- was only benched for the duration of this season. They say it proves MLB's investigation of A-Rod and the Biogenesis Clinic has been "abusive and borderline illegal."

As for rumors A-Rod impeded baseball's PED investigation -- our sources say the league has "no proof" the Yankees slugger did any such thing, and further claim MLB is the one that has harassed and intimidated witnesses.

According to our sources, Alex will sue for various things, including a violation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the players' union and the league.

So, from 211 games to nothing ... or else.

Pretty big cojones for a guy accused of using steroids.

Get the popcorn ready

• Options
    Without having seen all of the evidence against him I do agree with him to an extent. He should definitely get the standard 50 game ban but I'm not quite sure he deserves the 200 game ban. I do think they are making an example of him.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    your honor, there's no evidence of him doing drugs

just endless evidence of him trying to destroy evidence that he did drugs

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    selig should just ban him outright with his for the good of the game clause.

• Options
    Angry wrote: »

They should ban every Yankee with that.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Delmon Young officially no longer a Phillie after he refused a AAA assignment.

Worst

signing

recently

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

That would help the Yankees way too much.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Alfonso Soriano has 12 RBIs this week according to my matchup (13 counting Sunday too). <3

edit: The rest of my batters could be injured or DFAd, and I'd still win the offense categories 4-2 just with Soriano. He was doing pretty good with the Cubs pre-ASG and post-ASG, but he's been on fire since that trade.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    I've got a lot riding on this Cosart start today. Could make or break my ERA and WHIP for the week.

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

They should ban every Yankee with that.

Maybe they should ban you with that!

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    I guess. Anyway, they brought the RF in to play in the infield, so that's what happened.

But it doesn't matter because I think the Pirates are pretty much done.

Why? Their schedule isn't all that brutal at this point and the pitching is still solid. I'd love to see one of the peripheral bats wake up, but baring everyone walking up to the plate and taking a nap they are still going strong.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    finally, not only a replay proposal from MLB, but actually done the right way which should be done in every league

with people in an office somewhere watching the replays on TV and then giving orders to the umps on the field

i doubt that shit will fly with the unions

but i can dream

• Options
    Now to get rid of this pitchers hitting bullshit.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Now to get rid of this designated hitter bullshit.

I know, right?

• Options
    I for one, cannot wait to see fifteen more Jeff Keppinger's extending their careers by DH'ing for an extra five years.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    if the league really cared about players instead of headlines

they'd have banned everyone who did steroids immediately and dared anyone to do so again

instead we have to talk about A-Rod all the time

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Any press is good press I guess.

It's really fucking old though.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Any press is good press I guess.

Yeah no. MLB does not love the constant A-Rod bullshit that's ESPN. The league couldn't just "ban everyone who did steroids" because there's contracts, a CBA, and evidence from sources other than positive drug tests which complicate things. The league is not happy to have a recent MVP suspended nor one of it's statistical all time greats appealing. A-Rod headlines do not sell tickets or sell merchandise. This is absolutely not good press.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Yeah, now the big news is A rod's people were the ones who leaked the names to Yahoo Sports.

• Options
    Yeah, now the big news is A rod's people were the ones who leaked the names to Yahoo Sports.

which included someone on his team

• Options
    Charlie Manuel out as Phillies manager

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I still love Charlie. I hope he rides off into the sunset and enjoys his retirement, he deserves it.

This discussion has been closed.