As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mlb]OMGMLBLOL

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i've been going back and forth about what kind of ban I'd like for A-rod

and I just cannot agree with the "make it temporary so the yankees still have to pay him"

because to the yankees it really, truly, doesn't matter. they'll let him ride the pine for 20 million in his age 43 season and will not blink

meanwhile a permaban for a-rod will do real damage: to a-rod

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    It kinda matters for the Yankees. If they don't have to pay him next year they get to reset their luxury tax penalties from 50% to 17.5% for 2015. But yeah, it doesn't really matter.

• Options
    they'll just raise outfield seats by $3/gm and be done with it

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    211 games for A-Rod, appeal expected shortly and he will be allowed to play until it is resolved.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i like CBS News's image choice for their A-Rod story

rackbvc.jpg

well done, CBS editorial staff.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    the suspension apparently does not cover the 2014 postseason? what a crock

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    The article that I read implied that the suspension was for at least until the end of the 2014 season.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I resized that picture and tried to change it to my avatar earlier this morning and it wouldn't let me.

I felt cheated.

• Options
    Players union publicly backing A-Rod, criticizing the league office

burn them

to

the ground

• Options
    A-Rod's salary pays most of theirs so...

Anyway, his suspension will officially begin Thursday once his appeal is flushed down Bud Selig's toilet.

Enjoy these last few days.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    While their members publicly cry foul about the cheaters.

• Options
    Angry wrote: »
    While their members publicly cry foul about the cheaters.

Until they get caught for cheating.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    The union almost has to publicly support fellow members, so it shouldn't surprise anybody that they're backing Rodriguez. That said, they also aren't big fans of players who use either. Plus at least some of their criticism of the league office is because of all these leaks meant to damage his character (whether true or not) and basically making this into a bigger situation than it needed to be.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Jesus Montero for Michael Pineda, biggest trade that turned out to be an epic disaster for every party involved
    Pineda was looking good until Friday, left his start with shoulder tightness. He's going to be evaluated by team doctors but if that doesn't turn out to be anything he could join the team before the year ends. Its not ideal, but he hasn't turned in any bad performances at the ML level like Montero has been doing, so I'd call that too early to tell on a guy who's still young.

• Options
    0-12 with 12k's

if jesus is real this will happen

• Options
    12-12 with 12 grand slams

• Options
    and during his final home run trot he rips off his pants and rounds third with his balls bouncing in the wind.

• Options
    He's arrived (to go 0-4)

si5paDC.jpg

• Options
    Picture is too fuzzy. Cannot tell if that is A-Rod or President Obama.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maybe they are the same person. Has anyone ever seen A-Rod and Obama in the same room at the same time?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My Scorecenter app has now gone off 8 times all about ARod. One of them was to tell me Arod was disappointed with the decision.

• Options
    Maybe they are the same person. Has anyone ever seen A-Rod and Obama in the same room at the same time?

Hey Raijin, I just saw the scene from your avatar over the weekend. Omar is a boss.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »

Hey Raijin, I just saw the scene from your avatar over the weekend. Omar is a boss.

It's my favorite scene in the first 3 seasons.

• Options
  • Options
    Jeter back on the 15 day DL with a we better keep him hidden on the bench or he may get hit with a stray battery meant for A-Rod.

• Options
    Come on now... This isn't Philly.

• Options
    Come on now... This isn't Philly.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Jeter back on the 15 day DL with a we better keep him hidden on the bench or he may get hit with a stray battery meant for A-Rod.

He strained his calf. They brought him back too early from a major injury and he's gotten hurt twice since.

Also, ESPN will cut from their Cards/Dodgers game to the Yankees game whenever Rodriguez is up to bat.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Odds of A-Rod getting booed out of the building tonight?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Odds of A-Rod getting booed out of the building tonight?

He'll be booed alright. The level of booing will be dependant on how many people show up for an awful White Sox game. Hopefully they were able to move some tickets on account of this.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Ryan Braun is A-Rod's biggest fan right now.

• Options
    Hawk Harrelson doing the color for this A-Rod shitshow is fitting.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    The boo birds are out :D

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Yes!

He hammered that ball for a single.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    for some reason

the Twins make Jeremy Guthrie look like an ace

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Oh yes, please cut away from the game I'm actually watching to show A-Rod's at-bats in a 7-0 ChiSox blowout. That's exactly what I wanted. Idiots.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    There are so many jays fans at Seattle right now.

That's definitely a trip I'd like to take again.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    they'll just raise outfield seats by $3/gm and be done with it

Yankee Stadium attendance is down about 9% this year to 79.5 and I don't think it's been over 90 for a whole season since the new, more expensive park was opened. The economy is still not what it was pre-2009 and though they will never fall completely out of contention that contract still affects whom they can sign until it's off the books. That roster is currently loaded with dead weight (considering almost every other contending club is spending half what they are) and they'd be glad to dump any amount of it they can.
    The union almost has to publicly support fellow members, so it shouldn't surprise anybody that they're backing Rodriguez. That said, they also aren't big fans of players who use either. Plus at least some of their criticism of the league office is because of all these leaks meant to damage his character (whether true or not) and basically making this into a bigger situation than it needed to be.

Exactly. A union cannot abandon a member when there's an appeals process that can still be followed.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    attendance is down but that's because it's $100 for a nosebleed seat on a weekend game

fwiw, i don't know why but Rays tickets got jacked up this year. I haven't gone to a single game, a decent seat is sixty bucks.

my days of section 300's are over

• Options
    Braves are 11-0 since the Waffle House opened in their stadium.

Every stadium needs a Waffle House clearly.

This discussion has been closed.