As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mlb]OMGMLBLOL

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Braves are 11-0 since the Waffle House opened in their stadium.

Every stadium needs a Waffle House clearly.

As an Atlanta native and the fact that I live close to the very first Waffle House ever, I can attest to this.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    attendance is down but that's because it's $100 for a nosebleed seat on a weekend game

No doubt but those were prices New Yorkers are often willing to pay when the team is better and if they're losing at least 8% compared to last year jacking prices up again is not necessarily an option.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i have a feeling that if they fired Girardi and made Jeter the manager, they'd sell out for at least three years just for the hell of it

in fact

Giving Jeter the helm for A-Rod's twilight seasons would be the absolute best thing in the history of baseball.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Waffle House is the light

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I don't think that satdium is ever selling out. They couldn't even sell it out when it first opened and they had a really good team.

Basically I'm saying Yankee fans suck.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    I don't think that satdium is ever selling out. They couldn't even sell it out when it first opened and they had a really good team.

i think the stadium itself is more of a case of ownership hating their fans

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »

i think the stadium itself is more of a case of ownership hating their fans

True. I amend my statement. (Most) Yankee fans do indeed not suck. The Steinbrenner's certainly do though.

I've been to the real Yankee stadium several times and I have to say those were some of the best experiences I've ever had at a baseball game.

Got to go to Cal Ripken's last game at Yankee Stadium in the pouring rain, it lasted what felt like 20 innings and he played every one of them. Of course we booed the ever loving shit out of him from way up in the bleachers every time he came up to the plate.

• Options
    almost every yankees fan in tampa that I have sat close to is a detestable shitbag

if I see one more fucker in a jersey recording every Jeter at-bat with a literal HD camcorder from the baseline box, I will do murder

Yankees have easily the worst road fans here
    Mets, surprisingly, were a close second
    Rangers are a distant but powerful third. They travel in packs.

Red Sox fans are surprisingly decent considering how heavy the rivalry is. I've never had a bad Sox fan. I've had dozens of horrible yankee fans.

• Options
    The new stadium can't sell out because it priced a giant percentage of New Yorkers out of the market and you certainly can't blame the fans for low attendance this season. Who the hell wants to pay $120 for a bleacher seat when no less than 30% of the team's payroll is on the DL and they were all underperforming anyway.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    John Rocker did an AMA on the MLB subreddit today. It went exactly as you would expect it to go. Lots of having sex with your mother answers from #49.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    John Rocker did an AMA on the MLB subreddit today. It went exactly as you would expect it to go. Lots of having sex with your mother answers from #49.
    Q: "What did you do with all the batteries that the Mets fans threw at you during the '99 playoffs?"

A: "I give the batteries to your girlfriend for her vibrator"

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That's thoughtful of him

• Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Might want to link that gif.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Its Little League World Series time! Let's find out more about this little slugger from Japan!

8j3Yz3f.jpg

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Geez, the umpire in the Seattle-Toronto game tonight has nothing even resembling a consistent strike zone, both in regards to PitchTrax and just never calling the same location a strike twice.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2013
    Fucking shit, benched a home run from Domonic Brown because I couldn't put him in until I dropped someone because he was on my DL and I didn't want to drop anyone until tomorrow.

FUCK! Benched a Gyorko home run too!! I've been so good about not benching home runs this year too!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    Geez, the umpire in the Seattle-Toronto game tonight has nothing even resembling a consistent strike zone, both in regards to PitchTrax and just never calling the same location a strike twice.

What are you complaining about? That is the human element! It's what makes baseball great!

• Options
    Its okay, Raij. You can take this week off.

• Options
    NEVER

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Chris Davis has hit 41 homers.

He is on pace for 58 on the season, right now - though he tends to hit them in bunches.

10 more for the franchise record
    22 more for the AL record

• Options
    I love Chris Davis.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Q: "What did you do with all the batteries that the Mets fans threw at you during the '99 playoffs?"

A: "I give the batteries to your girlfriend for her vibrator"

As a Braves fan, I'll just say that I've always thought Rocker was a tool and I wish he had never played for us.

Also, 13-game winning streak and 15.5 game lead in the division, wooooooooo

• Options
    That division is a joke though.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Well yeah. But it still counts.

And we swept the Cardinals at the start of the streak, so that's a good sign too.

a5ehren on
  • Options
    I'm rooting for The Pirates now.

Unless the Yankees suddenly start playing well.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited August 2013

There is a chance that it could be a Baltimore - Pittsburgh World Series.

Surprisingly it would be the third time those two teams have met, making the matchup one of the more common World Series matchups in history.

They would be tied with Cards v Red Sox, Cards v Tigers, and Reds v Yankees.

These are the four time matchups:
    Braves v Yanks
    Cubs v Tigers
    Giants v A's

Cards and Yanks have met five times

Yanks and Giants seven times

Yanks and Dodgers 11 times.

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    Other fun facts:

The Yankees have not finished under .500 since 1992

Since 1973 the Yankees have only had six losing seasons.

Since the move to three divisions (1994), the Yankees have never finished worse than third, they have won the division all but five years.

• Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    Yankee's have been over .500 for as long as the Pirates have been under. About time they flipped.

4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    FortyTwo wrote: »

There is a chance that it could be a Baltimore - Pittsburgh World Series.

Surprisingly it would be the third time those two teams have met, making the matchup one of the more common World Series matchups in history.

They would be tied with Cards v Red Sox, Cards v Tigers, and Reds v Yankees.

These are the four time matchups:
    Braves v Yanks
    Cubs v Tigers
    Giants v A's

Cards and Yanks have met five times

Yanks and Giants seven times

Yanks and Dodgers 11 times.

The amount of things the baseball... industry? community? keep track of truly fascinates and horrifies me. We some times listen to Phillies games at work, and work is a frantic mix of picking orders and stocking rooms and delivering stuff and exchanging carts, but every once in a while, I hear someone utterly insane stat, such as "Jimmy Rollins bats .456 when he he eats chili dogs, the pitcher eats egg rolls, there's a 65% chance of rain in Atlanta, the catcher wears eyeblack and briefs simultaneously, etc"

and I just sort of stumble.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    It helps that baseball games are divided into very clear chunks, and people keep track of all of them. Especially now. Each pitch is its own self-contained event. Each at bat is a collection of pitches. Each inning is a collection of at bats. Each game is a collection of innings. And each one of those things has a very clear and defined start and end point. This makes stat tracking a matter of data entry (and there are tons of places that do this basically instantly) and it also makes it really to take that data and use it in weird and fun ways that don't always tell you anything important (mostly because the really weird stuff is going to be based on a really small sample size that makes the data unreliable).

The hardest stuff to measure is defense, because defense isn't just how many times he fucked up fielding, it's putting yourself in position to make a play, and it's how far you can go to make that play, and those are more nebulous bits of data that nobody can really agree how to measure

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I don't know if its true or not, but I still thought it was funny enough to post: David Ortiz was signing autographs pregame when a fan handed over their baby for a photo op. Just then, the National Anthem started up, and...
    oG2Bt8U.jpg?1

Goose! on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    For no particular reason I think we should add another DL slot for next year.

• Options
    Maybe don't draft guys that get hurt. Ever think of that?

(I'm going to have five guys blow out their knee over the weekend because of this post, I know it.)

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Curse your logic. I am defeated!

I guess it doesn't help that I just picked up a guy on waivers who is currently on the DL. Although I did drop a DL player to get him.

• Options
    Yadier Molina should win the NL MVP this year, not only because he's good but my team has played like complete and total shit ever since he injured his knee.

I'm going to get beaten to death by Sweeney this week. It sucks!

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Considering how my matchups over the last 2 weeks minimum have gone, I'll believe it when I see it at the end of Sunday. My team has a funny habit now of getting 5 (give or take one or two) hits per game at least twice a week for the last few weeks, and this week I'm already halfway there.

• Options
    Benched another home run this week. This has been my worst week.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    why Reddick

why did you do that on my bench

• Options
    Gotta start them dudes playing in Toronto.

I say this as Jed Lowrie and his monster night sit on my bench.

This discussion has been closed.