As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mlb]OMGMLBLOL

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Yay, I didn't bench anything!

Although that might be because I don't have a bench right now.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I benched a 3-run homer, but it wouldn't have helped. I already lost my lead.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Mo blows his 2nd save of the week, but the Yanks still manage to break the losing streak.

EDIT: Aaand Rodney blows his 2nd of the week, too. My relievers are awesome

Goose! on
  • Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Well, Liriano was about to have a clunker at some point. I thought, why am I starting a pitcher at Colorado? ... So what will I do today?

Go AJ Burnett, go win me a game!

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    A Reddick home run!

and not on my bench

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Nothing has been going right for my team for about three weeks. So its just all orioles for me now.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    This Junior tribute thing.

I think I have something in my eye.

EDIT: Oh god dammit.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    My offense does its usual weekend tanking, and I go from 11-1 on Thursday to 3-7 tonight.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh my god Buhner just gave Griffey the finger for making him cry.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Oh cool, I've benched 3 homers in 2 days. And only 6 RBIs too!

Oh, and I'm only down 2-9 after an 8-4 lead as of Friday morning.

It's at least nice that I got a weekend of decent offense before going back to their typical performance.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Damn, benched my fourth home run of the week... At least I'm winning now.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    ARod hits a homer! Passes Stan Musial on the all time RBI list.

America hero,

• Options
    I wish my offense didn't take weekends off. Ah well.

• Options
    Mo blows his third straight save, and second in the series at the hands of Miguel Cabrera.

• Options
    I can't wait to read all of the "is it finally the end" stories in the coming days.

• Options
    The good news is Mo got me a 2nd win today.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    I think we are seeing the end of the Yankees' 20 year dominance of the AL East.

That is not to say that they will suddenly be the Blue Jays, or the Astros, their bank account will always allof them to buy the best free agents and field a competitive team. The biggest "mistake" I think they are making might be holding onto Cano. They will have to give him a HUGE deal, because he will expect it from them. Do the Yankees really want to bog themselves down in another massive contract?

This is where the Yankee mentality hurt them. I get the feeling that any other team in NY's shoes this July would have moved Cano and reloaded their weak farm system.

Now they do run the risk of losing him, it might be slight, but it could happen.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I can't wait to read all of the "is it finally the end" stories in the coming days.

He's retiring at the end of the season, so is that even a question?

• Options
    Schide wrote: »

He's retiring at the end of the season, so is that even a question?

I was trying to think of a better way to phrase it like a NY post headline. Something with Sandman and being done. And yeah, its his last season, but there'll be folks saying he should lose his job or retire now.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Send him down to Trenton!

• Options
    Has A-Rod's return corrupted Mo? Maybe he's blowing these saves on purpose!

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    I think we are seeing the end of the Yankees' 20 year dominance of the AL East.

That is not to say that they will suddenly be the Blue Jays, or the Astros, their bank account will always allof them to buy the best free agents and field a competitive team. The biggest "mistake" I think they are making might be holding onto Cano. They will have to give him a HUGE deal, because he will expect it from them. Do the Yankees really want to bog themselves down in another massive contract?

This is where the Yankee mentality hurt them. I get the feeling that any other team in NY's shoes this July would have moved Cano and reloaded their weak farm system.

Now they do run the risk of losing him, it might be slight, but it could happen.

Though Cano will probably still end up overpaid, I think there's a chance we've seen the end of the era of dinosaur-sized contracts. With the A-Rod, Pujols, Zito, and other deals of this nature all backfiring perhaps the market will finally adjust away from this philosophy of locking someone up for a decade and paying them the same in year 10 as in year 1. I mean just think about how big of disasters the A-Rod, Sabathia, and Teixeira deals would all be if it weren't for the one World Series title on those clocks.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    half decade mega busts are the new chic.

josh hamilton and his .683 OPS.

• Options
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Are they making fun of him for his relationship with Madonna? Is that who that is?

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options

dumbass_zpscb107e02.png

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    we witnessed the decline whenever it was they decided he wasn't good enough to be a real pitcher and put him in a highly overrated reliever post

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    we witnessed the decline whenever it was they decided he wasn't good enough to be a real pitcher and put him in a highly overrated reliever post

#TrollingGoosePost

• Options
    Who has completely given up in fantasy this year and wants to trade me a decent starter you don't plan on keeping for Xander Bogaerts?

• Options
    I have given up and I tried to rip off Nirya from Ryan Braun but he is too smart for that.

I would say 80% of my roster is for sale to a good bid.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Jasconius wrote: »
    I have given up and I tried to rip off Nirya from Ryan Braun but he is too smart for that.

I would say 80% of my roster is for sale to a good bid.

Yeah, I already checked your roster.

Latos and Moore are good but you ain't dealing them for what I would be willing to offer.

Maximum on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    trade me!

shelby miller and jose fernandez are off limits, besides that i will consider any real offer.

• Options
    yeahhhh... Latos and Moore would be untouchables.

I am VERY happy with my pitching. My offense was a total disaster this year. God I fucking hate Granderson so much.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    A Giants fan threw a banana at Adam Jones during the 9th inning of the O's/Giants game last night

The Giants issued an apology for the person's behavior, and the SF Chronicle says the Giants are reviewing surveillance video to identify the fan. Hopefully the person gets banned from the stadium.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    that's the kind of behavior i would expect from someone who is base and depraved in a most critical and irredeemable way

like a soccer fan

• Options
    I am open for bidness in the trading market. I haven't given up yet as I can still possibly sneak into the playoffs, but still.

• Options
    Anybody want Josh Hamilton? He's due to suddenly start hitting again any day now I promise!

• Options
  • Options
    About time Yu Darkish struck out more than 14 in a game the hack.

This discussion has been closed.