Options

[Animal Crossing] Current U.S. DLC: Cancer Table

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Sounds like every is going good for @SwashbucklerXX. My turnips are 66. If it's any thing like last week I'll spike Saturday night.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I got a purple tulip!

Yaaaaaaaaaaay.

So, orange x orange tulip definitely does lead to purple tulip. I've seen some guides that specify it must be orange x red, which is untrue.

I placed four orange tulips in a diamond pattern
    __x__
    x___x
    __x__

and then placed fertilizer in the centre. It took about four attempts, with fertilizer.

Here's hoping for another soon. :D

Also @Hauky I have all your green series furniture plus an emerald for pickup if you'd like. I'll be going to yoga class soon, but will try to leave my town open before I go.

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2013
    SilverWind wrote: »
    I got a purple tulip!

Yaaaaaaaaaaay.

So, orange x orange tulip definitely does lead to purple tulip. I've seen some guides that specify it must be orange x red, which is untrue.

__x__
    x___x
    __x__

and then placed fertilizer in the centre. It took about four attempts, with fertilizer.

I'm thinking we should start out own hybrid flower guide. With blackjack...and hookers.

If other folks have "this is what I did to get a X" data, please provide the info.

Better yet? Take a screenshot of the flower configuration. Then I'll add all the screenshots to the OP.

Edit: I'll add them to OP 3 under 'Your Town'

_J_ on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Jammers wrote: »
    Also if Gyroids are being given away, here's my wishlist:
    Mega Alloid
    Mini Bowtoid
    Tall Bowtoid
    Tall Clankoid
    Dingloid
    Mega Dinkoid
    Mega Drilloid
    Mega Echoid
    Mini Fizzoid
    Mini Gongoid
    Tall Gongoid
    Tall Lamentoid
    Mega Percoloid
    Mini Poltergoid
    Mega Puffoid
    Mini Rhythmoid
    Mega Sputnoid
    Mini Sputnoid
    Tall Sputnoid
    Mega Squelchoid
    Mega Timpanoid
    Tall Timpanoid
    Mini Tootoid

I happen to have a Mega Echoid and a Mini Rhythmoid if you'd like them. Also a Dekkoid if anyone else wants it.
    Jammers wrote: »
    Also if Gyroids are being given away, here's my wishlist:
    Mega Alloid
    Mini Bowtoid
    Tall Bowtoid
    Tall Clankoid
    Dingloid
    Mega Dinkoid
    Mega Drilloid
    Mega Echoid
    Mini Fizzoid
    Mini Gongoid
    Tall Gongoid
    Tall Lamentoid
    Mega Percoloid
    Mini Poltergoid
    Mega Puffoid
    Mini Rhythmoid
    Mega Sputnoid
    Mini Sputnoid
    Tall Sputnoid
    Mega Squelchoid
    Mega Timpanoid
    Tall Timpanoid
    Mini Tootoid

I happen to have a Mega Echoid and a Mini Rhythmoid if you'd like them. Also a Dekkoid if anyone else wants it.

Yes please! I'm Pref. Laytonning at the moment, but will open up for the night shortly after If you'd like to pop over.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Perfect pears are going at a premium at my town, if anyone wants to sell.
    _J_ wrote: »
    I got a purple tulip!

Yaaaaaaaaaaay.

__x__
    x___x
    __x__

I'm thinking we should start out own hybrid flower guide. With blackjack...and hookers.

If other folks have "this is what I did to get a X" data, please provide the info.

Better yet? Take a screenshot of the flower configuration. Then I'll add all the screenshots to the OP.

5weYQUm.jpg

Suggested placement of fertilizer: inside the diamonds.

Additional flower thoughts: 1. You improve your chances for a rare hybrid if you limit the amount of flowers you have in town, or at least limit the ones that you water daily. This was the hardest step for me to take, because I'm very OCD about having a lot of flowers and watering each one each day.
    2. No idea if the horizontal layout for flowers is most effective, but it's generally believed to be.

I'll comment on various hybrid flower guides later this evening.

... Scratch that I'll write a more detailed hybrid guide this evening. :P

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    HaukyHauky Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    @SilverWind Eek, I should have checked MoriDB instead of the various weird wiki sites that come up on Google... looks like I meant the pantry instead of the dresser/drawer. Sorry to make you order the wrong thing and thanks! If you can get the pantry too, I'll make it worth your while.

@_J_ I'll take two (edit: just one, since SilverWind has one for me!) emeralds please. I happen to have a yellow balloon to part with, so I can trade you that and a gold ore? Or let me know if that doesn't sound fair.

Hauky on
    bobross.png
  • Options
    Hauky wrote: »
    @_J_ I'll take two (edit: just one, since SilverWind has one for me!) emeralds please. I happen to have a yellow balloon to part with, so I can trade you that and a gold ore? Or let me know if that doesn't sound fair.

Works for me. Let me know when you open yer gate.

• Options
    @SilverWind Eek, I should have checked MoriDB instead of the various weird wiki sites that come up on Google... looks like I meant the pantry instead of the dresser/drawer. Sorry to make you order the wrong thing and thanks! If you can get the pantry too, I'll make it worth your while.

No problem, I've ordered a pantry for you with estimated delivery sometime tomorrow. :D Give me a moment to open my gates for the rest of your items.

signature.png
  • Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    Not had a single turnips price above 90 this week. I hope that means a massive spike tomorrow. I want to be Turnip Princess!

• Options
    Ugh.

Just checked the spreadsheet. Someone alphabetized the name row, so all the cells are off AGAIN.

I'll put up the saved version...and try to find a way to prevent this.

• Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Perfect pears are going at a premium at my town, if anyone wants to sell.

YES.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    @SwashbucklerXX are you still after perfect oranges? I saw your message after I harvested my last crop but I've got more now.

• Options
    Also @_J_ tell me when you're on later because I have those two balloons and also I found three gyroids from your list in the museum room I keep the gyroids in. I have no ambitions at catching them all so you might as well have them.

If anyone has extra bowtoids though I'd like those. They're waiters in my fancy restaurant.

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    tiloahtiloah OH DARN SeattleRegistered User regular
    My HHA score FINALLY Broke 20k. I got a pennant! Woo.

@mare_imbrium - Hehe. I have bowtoids rockin' out with K.K. in my club.

LoL: lesemicolon
    3DS: 1607-2293-4337 - Hadley - Welcome to St. Jude!
    Cyrus's Furniture Customization
  • Options
    Okay, Rivers is open for @Hauky item retrieval and perfect pear sales. :) I also do have GracieGrace now, if anyone wants to buy some sweets furniture or overpriced clothes. If the game crashes while I'm at yoga class... well, y'all will have to wait till I return.

BTW, if anyone is buying fertilizer to get the golden shovel but doesn't care about hybrids in the least, please give them to me and I will love you forever (and compensate you with bells or whatever).

signature.png
  • Options
    @SilverWind - Is it alright if I bring a Katie as well?

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Hmmm... The turnip wizard advised me to sell my turnips this morning at 156. I didn't because I figured the community would get a better price. I went to check again just now and the price jumped again to 185. So maybe my spike is still increasing?

Edit- The stalk market predictor from the op indicates that I'm probably on the small spike cycle.

nicopernicus on
  • Options
    tiloah wrote: »
    @SilverWind - Is it alright if I bring a Katie as well?

Katie's hanging around in my town today and I haven't managed to offload her. So, she'll probably lose her ticket en route if you try to bring her here (you'll still get a present).

signature.png
  • Options
    Alrighty. I'll be right over.

• Options
    Quick question on turnip etiquette. Is it annoying if I have to make a couple of trips to the turnip princess' town? Should I sell half of what I currently have before coming over so as to not be a turnip hog?

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Mine are at 134 after being 99 this morning and 43 last night. I'm probably headed for a spike of some kind, but if it's Big Spike it will be tomorrow morning when it doesn't help you guys much. If it's Small Spike, I should have a respectable price tomorrow evening.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Sounds like every is going good for @SwashbucklerXX. My turnips are 66. If it's any thing like last week I'll spike Saturday night.

Spikes can't happen any later than Friday.

Regarding Princess etiquette: Multiple trips are probably ok, so long as you might wait a few turns until others have had a chance.

Reddit does it like this when there are lots of people waiting: Host chooses 3 people for each wave. Everyone in that wave enters, sells, and then waits for the others to be done. This cuts down on the "Someone's Leaving!" spam in the middle of people selling. Then the host does "End Multiplayer Session" (with warning) to send everyone home at once without having to wait for each person's "Are you sure you wanna go home?!"

If a town keeps crashing, they'll ask the offending player (if it can be determined) not to try again.

It seems to be a very orderly and efficient way of doing a LOT of turnip business. Now, we seldom have more than 5 or 6 people who avail themselves of the Princess, so I doubt it's that big an issue for us.

• Options
    Ugh.

Just checked the spreadsheet. Someone alphabetized the name row, so all the cells are off AGAIN.

I'll put up the saved version...and try to find a way to prevent this.

Seems like you need a cell at the top, with big bold letters saying 'DO NOT FILTER/SORT'

• Options
    akjak wrote: »
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

Spikes can't happen any later than Friday.

Regarding Princess etiquette: Multiple trips are probably ok, so long as you might wait a few turns until others have had a chance.

Reddit does it like this when there are lots of people waiting: Host chooses 3 people for each wave. Everyone in that wave enters, sells, and then waits for the others to be done. This cuts down on the "Someone's Leaving!" spam in the middle of people selling. Then the host does "End Multiplayer Session" (with warning) to send everyone home at once without having to wait for each person's "Are you sure you wanna go home?!"

If a town keeps crashing, they'll ask the offending player (if it can be determined) not to try again.

It seems to be a very orderly and efficient way of doing a LOT of turnip business. Now, we seldom have more than 5 or 6 people who avail themselves of the Princess, so I doubt it's that big an issue for us.

Good to know. I'll probably wait for a princess then.

• Options
    @_J_ Pastry is open and its mayor AFK. Saharah visited today and gave me some crap, so feel free to take it if you're so inclined.

@SilverWind Items retrieved, thanks again! I await with bated breath the last piece. Left you roughly the equivalent of a golden furniture piece in exchange.

bobross.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Ok.

PA AC September User List 3. Now with Cell Permissions! - Edit this one

Previous User List, broken today - For looking.
    Old User List, broken long ago - For looking.

Since we cannot seem to avoid breaking shit, I added write protection to the spreadsheet.

You can't
    Change content on the first page, other than your notes and status.
    Change the username list on any subsequent pages.

You can
    Modify your notes and status.
    Add data to the cells at the bottom. If you are new, and add your data, please @ me so I can write protect your row.
    Add comments to any cell, indicating a desire for the content to be changed.

Apologies for locking the cells. But I figure locking data and requiring comments is better than the sheet breaking and everyone needing to update their data repeatedly.

If you are new and your data was lost in the last fuckup, I apologize. Please enter your data, and I will lock your cells, so you never have to add data again.
    If you are old and updated your status, please update again. I again apologize for the hassle. But I wasn't the one who broke it.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Actually at the moment I can't modify anything and up at the top it says "view only." Also I see that my dream code got lost at some point. Can you enter it for me? 4700-2239-0314. I'm #58.

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    It *should* be working now.

Edit: Dream code added.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Yessir, it is. Thanks.

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    Quick question on turnip etiquette. Is it annoying if I have to make a couple of trips to the turnip princess' town? Should I sell half of what I currently have before coming over so as to not be a turnip hog?

You can make as many trips as you need, selling as many as you have.

The only law of Turnip Frenzy Day is that you leave a nice tip for the Turnip Princess.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Yessir, it is. Thanks.

Alright. I'm going to go hit my head against something solid, and then we can exchange balloons.

Edit: Beer is better than head banging.

_J_ on
  • Options
    _J_ Pastry is open and its mayor AFK. Saharah visited today and gave me some crap, so feel free to take it if you're so inclined.

SilverWind Items retrieved, thanks again! I await with bated breath the last piece. Left you roughly the equivalent of a golden furniture piece in exchange.

@Hauky Emeralds dropped. Super-thanks!

Also, You has a hamster!?!? Wants!

• Options
    Ok. I've gotta get ready to go to work so I opened Weevil. _J_ I put your stuff out by a sign with your name on it. Three gyroids, two balloons.

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    Ok. I've gotta get ready to go to work so I opened Weevil. _J_ I put your stuff out by a sign with your name on it. Three gyroids, two balloons.

Thank you!

• Options
    @_J_ We're missing the Moridb tab in the newest spreadsheet. :D Sorry to be a bother, but could you recreate that?

signature.png
  • Options
    _J_ We're missing the Moridb tab in the newest spreadsheet. :D Sorry to be a bother, but could you recreate that?

Added! Thanks for noticing that.

• Options
    Now I only need a Heart i. Balloon, if anyone has access to one.

• Options
    _J_ Pastry is open and its mayor AFK. Saharah visited today and gave me some crap, so feel free to take it if you're so inclined.

SilverWind Items retrieved, thanks again! I await with bated breath the last piece. Left you roughly the equivalent of a golden furniture piece in exchange.

@Hauky Emeralds dropped. Super-thanks!

Also, You has a hamster!?!? Wants!

He's probably my favorite villager, because when he moved in, his house was full of computer racks.

bobross.png
  • Options
    @mare_imbrium Is that an Ace Attorney flag you've got in your town? :D ...Have you been to the top right room of my museum?

signature.png
  • Options
    Down to Six Gyroids Needed!

Mega Echoid
    Mega Gongoid
    Mega Poltergoid
    Mini Quazoid
    Tall Bowtoid
    Tall Nebuloid