Options

[GTA5] Old thread, ready to lock.

• Options
    rvrv Registered User regular
    I just got my shipping confirmation from the Rockstar Warehouse. I'm expecting delivery sometime in the middle of the day Tuesday, which is fine since I have to work that day anyway!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kozmokozmo Titan VRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Beltaine wrote: »
    My nightmare would be getting to Gamestop (the closet place to me to buy games) and the guy say "Did you pre-order? We only have enough copies for pre-orders."
    If you're going the sneaker-delivery route, then just call ahead to various stores in your area and see who has a copy. Then reserve it for immediate pick up..
    rv wrote: »
    I just got my shipping confirmation from the Rockstar Warehouse. I'm expecting delivery sometime in the middle of the day Tuesday, which is fine since I have to work that day anyway!
    How is everyone getting dispatch confirmations on Saturday and Sunday?!? Here I am, waiting for Monday before I even get word from Amazon

kozmo on
    This isn't the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    ­
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    So for some missions you can hire people to help you and you have choices on which mercenaries you hire. Some mercenaries cost more than others but provide more usefulness in the mission. They take a percentage of the cut of the money. I'm watching I think the final heist on a stream and the money is huge, I think I will hire the cheapest people and try to still be able to do it to get all that money.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    I probably won't get to jump into this baby until Wednesday either, as I have work and a job interview on Tuesday, it has to download, and I work early on Wednesday. Looks like on 2:30pm wednesday I will finally get to try it out.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Halleck wrote: »
    I'm tempted to cancel my amazon order and just try to buy the game from Best Buy on Tuesday. Barring that, Toys R Us always seems to have copies.

*edit* Yup done. I'm now going to be insane and try to just buy the game on release day without a preorder! Gotta live on the edge!

I did the same thing, since I was having nightmarish premonitions of waiting until 8PM for UPS to show up. I've got a Best Buy, a Toys R Us and a Frys within five minutes of my office, so I figure on Tuesday morning I should be able to run out and snag a copy somewhere.

My nightmare would be getting to Gamestop (the closet place to me to buy games) and the guy say "Did you pre-order? We only have enough copies for pre-orders."

Yeah Gamestop and Targets are right out for me. Targets have been getting really dickish with people calling in to reserve and them not having copies despite their website inventory checker saying they do. Toys R Us has really come through for me the last two times I've done this and they actually had some sweet deals at the time as well.

Also this steam, the guy got out of a helicopter and ran around behind it and got killed by the rear rotor spinning down.

I can say that if Targets run out of GTA5 on launch day they have to be a low volume store. Mine has a lot, and there is even going to be a big display of JUST GTA5. They have stock issues with smaller releases but the big AAA stuff should be easy.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Halleck wrote: »
    I'm tempted to cancel my amazon order and just try to buy the game from Best Buy on Tuesday. Barring that, Toys R Us always seems to have copies.

*edit* Yup done. I'm now going to be insane and try to just buy the game on release day without a preorder! Gotta live on the edge!

I did the same thing, since I was having nightmarish premonitions of waiting until 8PM for UPS to show up. I've got a Best Buy, a Toys R Us and a Frys within five minutes of my office, so I figure on Tuesday morning I should be able to run out and snag a copy somewhere.

Yeah Gamestop and Targets are right out for me. Targets have been getting really dickish with people calling in to reserve and them not having copies despite their website inventory checker saying they do. Toys R Us has really come through for me the last two times I've done this and they actually had some sweet deals at the time as well.

Also this steam, the guy got out of a helicopter and ran around behind it and got killed by the rear rotor spinning down.

I can say that if Targets run out of GTA5 on launch day they have to be a low volume store. Mine has a lot, and there is even going to be a big display of JUST GTA5. They have stock issues with smaller releases but the big AAA stuff should be easy.

Eh, I just don't particularly want to buy from them after problems in the past.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Yeah Gamestop and Targets are right out for me. Targets have been getting really dickish with people calling in to reserve and them not having copies despite their website inventory checker saying they do.
    I'm not really trying to change your mind, because ultimately I don't give a shit, but Target's online stock check just checks if the current inventory is >0. Any copies that are on hold are still going to be in inventory until they are sold.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    So, I'm at that stage.

That stage where I'm so excited to play a game that I don't feel like doing anything else, atm.

Last time this happened was with ME3.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    LehmanLehman Registered User regular
    Joined the crew as LehmanCM. I rarely post in the forums or game as much as I would like to anymore but I will definitely be finding time to play this when it comes out

Xbox Live: LehmanCM
    SteamID: steamcommunity.com/id/lehmancm/
    BnS: Draggan (Server:Poharan)
  • Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    Is the shooting living up to the promise of Max Payne 3 goodness? I've been playing Splinter Cell so much I'm worried going back to GTA's kind of clunky mechanics are gonna be a bummer.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I guess I should go into Bestbuy to pre-order this sometime today... there's one across the street from me, so I can walk over at midnight Tuesday night and grab it.

But then I have to get up at 6am for work :(

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    So, I'm at that stage.

That stage where I'm so excited to play a game that I don't feel like doing anything else, atm.

Last time this happened was with ME3.
    Go exercise for 30-40 minutes outside in the sun. It'll get your mind off the game and you'll sleep better tonight. Save up extra sleep for tomorrow!

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Only 17 hours to go.
    Woo!

• Options
    BehumatBehumat Registered User regular
    Signed on to the crew. Woot! My Amazon order lists as "shipping" whatever the hell that means. Guess I'll mow my lawn Tuesday Morning or something.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    yeah, i was gonna pull my order but when i logged onto amazon just now it had changed to "shipped" which is good enough for me. if i'm lucky it could get here tomorrow. fingers crossed!

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Well. I know Amazon has gone on saying that all their copies of the 360 version of GTA5 are gone and anyone who ordered after the 13th can expect delays.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    I joined the crew. I'm Bingles, and I'll be playing on the PS3 if anyone cares. :p

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »
    I joined the crew. I'm Bingles, and I'll be playing on the PS3 if anyone cares. :p
    I've got a list of PS3 players I can add you to, if you like. What's your PSN ID?

• Options
    BehumatBehumat Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    I've got a list of PS3 players I can add you to, if you like. What's your PSN ID?

My PS3 ID is Behumat

Behumat on
  • Options
    Binglesthecat.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    Alittle more digging turned up info that the game will be available for DL on PSN at 12am EST (17th), 9pm PST (16th). So 3 hours earlier than I'd have expected but still no actual preload.

I don't believe I will be pre-ordering anything from PSN ever again, a lack of Steam style preloading makes it basically a worthless service. Then again this is probably the last PS3 / console game I will be buying for a long time, since I don't plan on getting a PS4 or XB1 any time soon.

@darkmecha where are you getting this? every other day one digital I've seen has been 12:01 AM Pacific.

In fact, the store page itself says:

"Please come back to the PlayStation®Store on PS3™ any time after 12:01am (PST) on September 17th, 2013 to download your game and access the in-game Atomic Blimp."

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    I have class all day today. This is going to be the longest day of my life.
    8->

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Trevor's "night mission" custom wear:
    9764570811_26390fdca1.jpg

Michael. Smooth operator.
    9764777145_d3dfae9798.jpg

About 15 hours in (and less than 1/3 of the story missions done) and I feel this game is finally starting to breath and open itself up. Around the 10 hour mark I. . .and this surprised me too. . .started to think "Ok what else. . .?" Felt like there was a certain something missing, even amongst the expansiveness and pure joy of the game. I feel the story is starting to now work its magic, owing a bit to the character interplay not being at all what I expected.

My one complaint, is that this game should have been out on the PC. I know Rockstar want's to double dip, but it's such a ludicrous dip - so you get another what million or so sales on the PC by delaying it? I bet the same number of people would still buy it and you give folks a choice to play it the way it should be played, because as good as the game does look - it also is showing the age of what these companies have to work with. This game would be damn near cinematic if played on a midrange PC. /lesigh

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Well. I know Amazon has gone on saying that all their copies of the 360 version of GTA5 are gone and anyone who ordered after the 13th can expect delays.
    good thing i ordered mine back in august :P

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Joined the crew. Gonna be playing this on ps3. Same as my forum name.

I am excite!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Posting this awesome explosion gif found in the SE++ thread

http://i.minus.com/ibusJkstGMrE36.gif

• Options
    Posting this awesome explosion gif found in the SE++ thread

http://i.minus.com/ibusJkstGMrE36.gif

They should do it with a kamikaze plane watching the explosion as you're parachuting to the ground.

• Options
    weather spoilers!!!
    2j5x444.jpg

• Options
    !!!!!

• Options
    The weather is also togglable with cheats.

• Options
    i need new pants

you see, i've gone and ruined this pair

• Options
    From what I hear the game also has some pretty awesome

*weather spoilers*

Thunderstorms.

Rainstorms and Thunderstorms also have an effect on driving/flying.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Is it Tuesday yet?

I'll stay up to start the DL on my PS3 Tuesday night, but then I have to go to bed for work. Going to be a long day at work.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I suddenly feel very pleased with my lack of willpower. Game looks fantastic.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    My one complaint, is that this game should have been out on the PC. I know Rockstar want's to double dip, but it's such a ludicrous dip - so you get another what million or so sales on the PC by delaying it? I bet the same number of people would still buy it and you give folks a choice to play it the way it should be played, because as good as the game does look - it also is showing the age of what these companies have to work with. This game would be damn near cinematic if played on a midrange PC. /lesigh

Yeah, that's a little bit of a bummer, but I'll play the PS3 version, ignore any DLC, and then get the inevitable "everything-for-one-price" version on Steam on sale and it'll be like a whole new game again. :)

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    So I watched the whole game and I think I missed some missions but I've seen the majority of them for sure and the ending. I don't necessarily regret spoiling myself but at the same time it would have been nice to see it all myself the first time playing it. I was so sad when the credits rolled not because it's a sad ending, I was just sad that it ended. Two more days:) I'm so damn excited I'm going to be playing this for days.

Does anyone know much about GTA online I don't? I know it comes out October 1st but I'm not sure what it's all about.

• Options
    sumwar wrote: »
    So I watched the whole game and I think I missed some missions but I've seen the majority of them for sure and the ending. I don't necessarily regret spoiling myself but at the same time it would have been nice to see it all myself the first time playing it. I was so sad when the credits rolled not because it's a sad ending, I was just sad that it ended. Two more days:) I'm so damn excited I'm going to be playing this for days.

Does anyone know much about GTA online I don't? I know it comes out October 1st but I'm not sure what it's all about.

I have no words.

• Options
    I think he means the main quest which I hear is about 20 hours.

But I'm guessing if you combine in all the other stuff the game has you'll be playing for a while.

• Options
    Why the fuck would you spoil yourself it's two goddamn days away

• Options
    Poor Impulse Control

This discussion has been closed.