Options

[GTA5] Old thread, ready to lock.

• Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    Only two more days:) I'm so excited:). It's cool to see properties give you a weekly income. I plan on buying properties first and building an empire.

• Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Much to my surprise, I remembered my password for the Social Club website. Signed up for the crew as F3dtmule. I'll be playing on 360 on tuesday.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    Oh hey that reminds me - will cops chase you if you run reds or speed when they are around? Like if you blow past a cop on the highway ect?
    Not as far as I've seen, no. They will chase you if you drive too recklessly though, hitting too many other cars.
    They do seem to act more jumpy around Franklin though, you can get a 1-star wanted rating by just bumping into one in the street, whereas with Michael/Trevor you might not, they might even apologise for bumping into you.

So yeeeah, racial profiling...

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    Oh hey that reminds me - will cops chase you if you run reds or speed when they are around? Like if you blow past a cop on the highway ect?
    Not as far as I've seen, no. They will chase you if you drive too recklessly though, hitting too many other cars.
    They do seem to act more jumpy around Franklin though, you can get a 1-star wanted rating by just bumping into one in the street, whereas with Michael/Trevor you might not, they might even apologise for bumping into you.

So yeeeah, racial profiling...

HAH!

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I heard that as Franklin,
    you can get a 1 star wanted level for hanging around a nice neighborhood at night

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Amazon still hasn't shipped. :(

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    HalleckHalleck Registered User regular
    Joined up with the crew as HiredWand, playing on PS3. Looking forward to doing crimes. And hopefully getting money from doing said crimes. And buying expensive cars with that money. And using those cars to commit more crimes.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    This is Trevor before a bidness meeting of Trevor Phillips Enterprises:
    9759388066_309e3525e7.jpg

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular

not usually a sunday activity which is still soul crushing.

• Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    So you can buy upgrades to cars. Are these upgrades permanent for all cars or just the one car? Cars in GTA games last like 5-10 minutes so it seems weird to spend time upgrading a car you're going to throw away soon.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    kozmokozmo Titan VRegistered User regular
    You can own garages, as small as singles, doubles and lofty 10-car garages. Supposedly you can even hire mechanics to maintain them.. not sure if it serves a purpose other than swag.

This isn't the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    ­
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote: »

not usually a sunday activity which is still soul crushing.
    I was hoping for it to at least update the site to say it had shipped yesterday.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    http://video.gamecreds.com/qhzpm2ftbe8w/video/MAGIC-MIKE-FOOLS-09-14

go to 51:02 for the start of Mike's bulldozer rampage

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    tempted to cancel my amazon preorder and grab it from gamestop at midnight tomorrow. I would rather play the game all night than wait for the delivery...

• Options
    tempted to cancel my amazon preorder and grab it from gamestop at midnight tomorrow. I would rather play the game all night than wait for the delivery...
    The problem with playing all night is that you still have to sleep sometime.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I'm tempted to cancel my amazon order and just try to buy the game from Best Buy on Tuesday. Barring that, Toys R Us always seems to have copies.

*edit* Yup done. I'm now going to be insane and try to just buy the game on release day without a preorder! Gotta live on the edge!

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    So did PAX Payne get a name change or is this an entirely new crew?
    Cause I remember seeing that multiplayer groups carried over between Max Payne 3 and GTA5. I might pick this up eventually and I'm still a member of PP...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Nocren wrote: »
    So did PAX Payne get a name change or is this an entirely new crew?
    Cause I remember seeing that multiplayer groups carried over between Max Payne 3 and GTA5. I might pick this up eventually and I'm still a member of PP...

Join We Are Nice Guys. It is the new PA Rockstar Crew that's got a generic enough name that t can be used in future games. Also we already have more members than PAX Payne.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Car customization looks sweet!
    La Cucaracha horn!

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    HalleckHalleck Registered User regular
    I'm tempted to cancel my amazon order and just try to buy the game from Best Buy on Tuesday. Barring that, Toys R Us always seems to have copies.

*edit* Yup done. I'm now going to be insane and try to just buy the game on release day without a preorder! Gotta live on the edge!

I did the same thing, since I was having nightmarish premonitions of waiting until 8PM for UPS to show up. I've got a Best Buy, a Toys R Us and a Frys within five minutes of my office, so I figure on Tuesday morning I should be able to run out and snag a copy somewhere.

• Options
    Okay I've watched a couple of streams and here's my thought. I've seen the player get thrown out of cars in crashes like old games. Well you know how if you wait after getting on a motorcycle you put a helmet on? Well they should have the player character put on his seat belt if you wait a few seconds after getting in a car and then you wouldn't get thrown from the vehicle.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Halleck wrote: »

I did the same thing, since I was having nightmarish premonitions of waiting until 8PM for UPS to show up. I've got a Best Buy, a Toys R Us and a Frys within five minutes of my office, so I figure on Tuesday morning I should be able to run out and snag a copy somewhere.

My nightmare would be getting to Gamestop (the closet place to me to buy games) and the guy say "Did you pre-order? We only have enough copies for pre-orders."

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    Beltaine wrote: »
    Halleck wrote: »

My nightmare would be getting to Gamestop (the closet place to me to buy games) and the guy say "Did you pre-order? We only have enough copies for pre-orders."

Yeah Gamestop and Targets are right out for me. Targets have been getting really dickish with people calling in to reserve and them not having copies despite their website inventory checker saying they do. Toys R Us has really come through for me the last two times I've done this and they actually had some sweet deals at the time as well.

Also this steam, the guy got out of a helicopter and ran around behind it and got killed by the rear rotor spinning down.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Im so fucking weak...

Cancelled SE pre order a while ago. Told myself I was going to wait. Just caved and preordered again on Amazon =\

Had to settle for just the regular PS3 version because they were sold out of SE's.

I have no willpower!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Im so fucking weak...

Cancelled SE pre order a while ago. Told myself I was going to wait. Just caved and preordered again on Amazon =\

Had to settle for just the regular PS3 version because they were sold out of SE's.

I have no willpower!
    Don't forget to join We Are Nice Guys! ;)

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Holy crap Trevor is a psycho!

Saw on a stream that:
    He got into an argument with his friend's wife(?) after barging into their house. She pulls a gun eventually and then it just kind of cuts to him leaving covered in blood. Note to self, don't pull a gun on a nutcase unless you are prepared to fire immediately!

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Man, there seems to be a lot of conflicting information about when this goes live on PSN. I just read on Joystiq over the weekend that they would do pre-loading in the US on Monday at 3am. Now I'm hearing that there's no pre-load, but you can start downloading Tuesday at 12:01. This is getting annoying.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    You'll be able to download GTA V on PSN at 12:01 AM pacific. Tuesday that is. So, 3AM eastern.

I wish PSN did preloading, though.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Well that's what I heard at first, but you've got this tweet from Rockstar saying preload on Monday, 3am EST. Then you got this tweet from Sony not mentioning a pre-load, saying the game goes live Tuesday, 12am EST.

EDIT: Maybe they're both true, and people that specifically pre-ordered on PSN can pre-load, but the PS Store will be updated at Midnight to replace "pre-order" with "purchase".

Dirty on
  • Options
    Damn that sucks, if you scroll down in the Sony tweet abit, there is a post by R* confirming that it won't be till 12am. Being that it doesn't specify a time zone, that's likely PST so that means us on the east coast won't be able to even start DLing the thing until 3am EST.

I bet PSN will choke so bad I won't be playing it till Friday. Sigh.

• Options
    I have to work on tuesday anyway, so i just decided to go with the Disc.

I contemplated preorder on PSN, and getting up at 3 to start the download.

• Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    So, been playing (360) since yesterday. Some thoughts on the game;

spoilered just in case
    When that intro starts you can't help but think "Holy shit, this looks amazing, I can't believe they pulled this off", it almost looks as good as anything running on todays PCs. Then they give you control, and it still looks amazing. It's jaw dropping. It's like you're looking at a DX11 game. So you play out the intro and after you've digested the visuals it dawns on you that it feels a bit sluggish. you wonder if it's intentional, like a slow motion effect given the situation, or whether it's a framerate issue. Then it happens. The action moves outside and suddenly it's like someone turned off DX11 and the settings down to about medium and the framerate returns to normal. It still looks absolutely amazing, but the start is like R* dick teasing you with "Hey, this is what it's going to look like on next gen / PC". That said, given the hardware, they've done a fantastic job.

I only have a few minor niggles.

1) Like the previous PA'er, I'm not feeling the radio stations either. There's a few good tracks but nothing so far that really stands out. I also seem to hear the same songs which I don't know is due to bad luck or just a short track listing. Even GTAIV had a few standout stations but so far I've found the soundtrack a bit lacking.

2) I really wish they'd taken some cues from Sleeping Dogs, in particular the fighting and the parkour. It all feels a bit clunky in GTAV after playing that. Also, the clothing system in GTAV seems to have some odd choices, in particular, I don't seem to be able to choose what shoes Michael wears. His footwear appears to change depending on what pants I put on him.

Apart from those minor bugbears, it's brilliant.

Oakey on
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    RE: Trevor's wardrobe.
    There's a great bit of dialog where Michael explains to Trevor that he's a hipster, and Trevor rages against it, which only further cements Michael's arugment.

Nosf on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    hrm, apparently the gamestop near me is sold out of preorders on SE but not the retarded overstuffed edition... decisions...

that IS a dope hat

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Alittle more digging turned up info that the game will be available for DL on PSN at 12am EST (17th), 9pm PST (16th). So 3 hours earlier than I'd have expected but still no actual preload.

I don't believe I will be pre-ordering anything from PSN ever again, a lack of Steam style preloading makes it basically a worthless service. Then again this is probably the last PS3 / console game I will be buying for a long time, since I don't plan on getting a PS4 or XB1 any time soon.

DarkMecha on
  • Options
    Well, 12am is better than 3am, I suppose. There was no way I was staying up until 3, just so I could download it while I slept. But at least I can get it started before I go to bed.

This discussion has been closed.