As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of The Halloween Thread is true.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Now, Hausu...

Been meaning to watch this

Maybe I will tonight

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I have no idea how many we'll get, as this is a new apartment

We're in a pretty residential area, for the city, so I'm hopeful

Worst comes to worst, I'm gonna spend my might hanging out with my downstairs neighbor and getting drunk, so I think I will survive

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Looking cloudy today, hopefully no rain.

Very casual for my work costume. Just my Freddy Krueger sweater, couldn't find the claw at home and I don't a fedora at the moment. Sweater still spookily comfy.

Can't wait to clown it up later, will try to post pics.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I threw together the old classic Rosie the riveter costume this morning and I'm the third Rosie in the office! (Best one though)

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    *edit* This is what happened when you browse the forum at work and type something in the wrong window.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I threw together the old classic Rosie the riveter costume this morning and I'm the third Rosie in the office! (Best one though)

I don't know why I never thought of that before. I'll have to remember that for next year if I do to any Halloween parties. Your costume looks great by the way!

• Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    bDsvBLC.jpg?1?3985
    Happy Halloween from me and my cat.

• Options
    Thank you! It's really easy! I had the blue shirt already and rummaged through my mom's massive scarf collection and found a polka dot one. With makeup, ten minutes tops.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    http://i.imgur.com/hhL0mmq.jpg

This is me for halloween. Linked becayse i can't resize on my phone.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Man I wish my cats would tolerate costumes

I have the cat unicorn thing but they haaaaate it
    From last year:

D94DE3B4-31D1-4F40-B0B5-B97D851D0F83-8106-000005441F891CA9.jpg

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    one derpy unicorn

one "I'm going to kill you" unicorn

yeeeep

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    SenorTacos wrote: »
    bDsvBLC.jpg?1?3985
    Happy Halloween from me and my cat.

You've abducted my cat!

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    This costume won me five whole dollars! Which is about how much I spent on it.

KaufmanCostume_zpsaadedad7.jpg

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Couldn't find the pink karate Gi for a reasonable price, huh?

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    hey this seems like a good enough thead to post this in

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @BLANKZILLA

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    hey this seems like a good enough thead to post this in

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @BLANKZILLA

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OTHER ZACK

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    2spooky2stayinthewomb

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Huntera wrote: »
    Couldn't find the pink karate Gi for a reasonable price, huh?

Nah, it was 40 dollars minimum for a pink gi, or 25-30 for a white one, followed by a long and too-complex-for-apartment living dying process to make it work on such short notice. Plus, with the dying, I couldn't be sure it would be the right shade (which the pre-colored one was).

I ultimately made the call that, while the extra cost'd be worth it if it was cosplay or something, Halloween is stupid drunken fun (and I'd want a costume I could potentially rough up with booze and chocolate if need be), and I had too many other things in October to plan for (NYCC, wrestling shows) to spend it on the fly. My current plan is to see if I can have it done for Con season next year.

In true Hibiki style, the dream is not dead... just KO'd for a few months.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    That said, I don't want to knock my Kaufman costume, it turned out to be a real hit (really surprised how many people got it), and I had a blast making it and drawing the belt and everything (I forgot how much I like drawing and crafting).

Bride of Dynamo has insisted I keep it, and that for a future event (either Philly Comic-Con or next Halloween), she do a gender-swapped Jerry Lawler. She wanted to do it this year, but it's a significantly more complex ensemble, and I came up with the idea a week before the party and there just wasn't time.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Right. Shut down Halloween. Patrick Stewart just won everything.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    My work is playing Monster Squad in the break room and grilling brats for us. I love this place

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    I bet that's one lobster that would scream if you tried to cook it

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    I bet that's one lobster that would scream if you tried to cook it

It would scream "Red Alert!"

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    IMG_0320_zps191259af.jpg

I'm tall.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I hate to tell you this Psykoma, but you appear to work with a bunch of (REDACTED)!

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    Actually @Stale won Halloween. Hopefully he posts his picture here. Oh my god.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Remember when I said I wasn't going to dress up for no reason today, and you'd have to wait until Saturday for pictures?

I lied, apparently.

IMG_20131031_125153_604_zps73dfc48f.jpgIMG_20131031_125441_669_zps6698ee80.jpg
    Dr. Henry Jekyll

IMG_20131031_131021_443_zpsd286c25d.jpgIMG_20131031_131139_157_zps41954af5.jpg
    Mr. Edward Hyde

That bag I'm carrying is an old doctor's bag, which currently contains a stethoscope and a pile of makeup. I have a collapsible top hat that I'd considered as well, but collapsible top hats are kind of really awful, so I don't think I'll be doing so. Obviously I can ditch the glasses and, if I get too hot at the party, my jacket in there. I'll probably be carrying some hooch too, it's a pretty big bag and it feels weird empty.

• Options
    Straightzi, you are one handsome devil

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    I'm the ocean!
    tumblr_mvjo1lO2K31qzfgd1o1_500.jpg

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    More Terrible Japanese Monsters —- The Shirime

In old times, this was a yokai (creature) found on the roads leading to Kyoto. The legend goes that late at night, a samurai was walking down the street when a man in a kimono stepped in to block his path and said “Excuse me … just a moment of your time … “ The samurai readied himself for an attack, and shouted back “What do you want?”

The man suddenly shed his kimono and stood stark naked. He then bent over and showed his ass to the samurai, which had a single, huge eye. When the eye opened, it shown with a bright light. The samurai screamed with fright and fled from the mysterious monster.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    SenorTacos wrote: »
    I'm the ocean!
    tumblr_mvjo1lO2K31qzfgd1o1_500.jpg

your cat at the bottom of the picture seems to be saying "Yeah, I don't know either man."

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    tumblr_mvios34vY31qah5ozo1_500.jpg

aaaahhhhh

tumblr_mvioq22rni1qah5ozo1_500.jpg

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Won the contest at work. Second place was a dude in a cow costume.

s4id7wCl.jpg

Combination of costume and clothes from Goodwill.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Has anyone seen Ellen Degeneres' costume? Cuz it's amazing.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Ahaha oh my that Japanese monster is the best thing I've ever read

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    You should watch The Great Yokai war if you want to see tons of stuff like that.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Children's... film...

Takashi Miike...

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    I don't...

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    RUVCwyu.jpg