As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Does anybody else get kinda nervous when stalking lands you on a wishlist, but then ya find that you're not sure if their wishlist is kept current? And there's something on their wishlist ya REALLY wanna get for them?

In case ya couldn't tell, this was an unfriendly reminder to folks to keep their wishlists updated.

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    If anyone should happen upon my wishlist, I have been a bad santee, and Have not updated it. I'm going to work on that now though, so there's that.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I do have an amazon wishlist, and I did update it before Santees were sent out.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    What do you get for the forumer who has everything?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I don't actually have an amazon wishlist, but I'm pretty sure my santa is crafty enough to not need it, based on initial impressions.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I try to upkeep my wishlists. They're basically reminders to myself I wanted to get something from them at some point in time.

edit: Just to be sure I went and checked/trimmed them again.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    My wish list is, uh, probably not ideal for secret santas but I'm not changing it.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    With holiday appropriate avatar in hand (Thanks Rorus!) I re-enter the battlefield! Hypatia saw to my woes and was able to shuffle me in BECAUSE SHE'S A BOSS. And now, to stalk my unsuspecting victim...

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    My wishlist is an odd mix of really expensive shit that I'm reminding myself I want, and less expensive things I also am reminding myself I want. I'll research something, decide I can'tafford it now, and then wishlist it so I ddon't forget about it. I do the same with Kindle book samples, I have a terrible memory. When my husband and I went through our paper books to give away 90% of them I found I had multiple copies of books I'd never even gotten around to reading. I'd buy a book because it looked good, it would get shelved and forgot, and then I'd see it at a book store and buy it again. At least Amazon tells me that I've already bought a book for my Kindle (so does the used book store down the street, awesome place).

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    The worst thing is waiting for that Gift Get post.

Also, I feel bad for my santa if they were planning on drowning their santee in steam gifts :lol:

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »
    The worst thing is waiting for that Gift Get post.

Also, I feel bad for my santa if they were planning on drowning their santee in steam gifts :lol:

The hardest part about Steam Gifting you is beating the 12 other people trying to give you the same game.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    My wishlists serve much the same purpose, reminders for when I feel I can splurge on myself a bit. But still, keepin them maintained for SS is a good idea I think. Like last year, I tried to intuit a good gift based on their interests but got one off their wishlist, just in case. Santa insurance, as it were.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    My amazon wishlist is preeeeetty up to date, except for the gaming selection. I do not have games on my wishlist much. I just end up with so little time to play these days! My Steam wishlist is horribly out of date, but I'll try to do something about that today!

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    My amazon list is up to date and I keep it updated when I buy things. Also, I have a steam account, but don't use it a ton and, uh, don't actually know the account name that is public. Not actually sure how to figure that out either. I don't use steam very much if you couldn't tell.

edit: Apparently I've had steam for 6 years though. That's..odd. My name honestly might be Shadowane.

shadowane on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Dear santa, I would kill for some sleep right now. I don't know if you can make this happen but my god I need it. Screw these builders who we actually really need but I am hating despite them being awesome AND OH GOD I'M SO TIRED

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    GiftGet4b_zpsb34314b9.gif

Looks like someone's been poking around my Steam wishlist.
    gtss13_zpse815a68c.png

Thanks to my mystery Santa! I have something to do when not playing the pokeymanz. I'm a nerd for RPGs. :D

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Shadowrun Returns is amazing. Have an enjoy.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I don't think I've been gifted this early. It inspires me to get off my ass and do some shopping now. :o)

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Dear santa, I would kill for some sleep right now. I don't know if you can make this happen but my god I need it. Screw these builders who we actually really need but I am hating despite them being awesome AND OH GOD I'M SO TIRED

Big Classy's Santa - Get him a hotel.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Shadowrun eh? I've only played tabletop. What's that version like?

• Options
    Great story, penned by the creators of the series. Isometric combat. Simple, but fun.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    The only wishlist I have that I know about is on Steam.

If you somehow find a wishlist for me elsewhere, it's an imposter's!

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    When can we ask for hints? I've got some ideas for santee, but I wouldn't mind more information :P

Santa,
    I have a wishlist, but it uh....is mostly just random crap on there. Some things I want to buy later, some things that were thrown on there randomly.
    Also I just bought myself Lego Batman 2 for the Xbox, and Iron Man 3 on Blue ray.
    Oh, and like...2 more pounds of bismuth.
    I'm not sure what else I will impulse buy, but I'm sure it will be limited.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Gah, I need to update my Steam and Amazon wishlists.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I dont have an amazon wishlist. if you think you found mine, you're dead wrong

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Getting my teeth into my assignment tonight, it's an interesting one this year.

I'm assembling a reading list.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    I kinda feel sorry for my Santa. I tend to dabble in a lot of things so my interests are wildly varied. I would say anything my Santa finds out about me from more than 9-12 months ago probably doesn't apply anymore. :P

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular

The World, chico, and everything in it.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Grove wrote: »

The World, chico, and everything in it.

That was just... Awesome. Seriously.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    My Santee is once again proving to be difficult. No posts, barely anything floating around online. A really lame hint.

Which, on the other hand means I get to send whatever strikes my fancy. If they don't like it, welp, maybe they'll post sometime during the next year.

Ps. This thread also convinced me to try egg nog. Gotta say, worth it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    My Santee is once again proving to be difficult. No posts, barely anything floating around online. A really lame hint.

Which, on the other hand means I get to send whatever strikes my fancy. If they don't like it, welp, maybe they'll post sometime during the next year.

If my back wasn't in the process of going out again I'd get some rum and apple cider and get drunk with the best fall drink. But since I've been downing advil and tylenol like tic-tacs I'm going to pass on alcohol for a while.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Elin wrote: »

If my back wasn't in the process of going out again I'd get some rum and apple cider and get drunk with the best fall drink. But since I've been downing advil and tylenol like tic-tacs I'm going to pass on alcohol for a while.

What is this drink? Rum and Apple Cider and?

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    Beltaine wrote: »

What is this drink? Rum and Apple Cider and?

Rum + apple cider heated up and then drop in a cinnamon stick.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I even gave my Santa a link to an Amazon wishlist.

That wishlist is currently empty.

SUCK IT, SANTA! GET CREATIVE.

IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    I think that I'm going to skip putting up an actual tree again this year. Between not having enough room without disassembling my dining room table and the feeling that the beagle would pull the whole thing down it's not worth it. I'll just stick with my Christmas flower arrangement.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    My Santee is into things that I'm not into. This could either be a wonderful learning experience or a terrible gateway to economic ruin.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Stalking people's other accounts is hard when they're under (presumably) different names! More investigations!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I think that I'm going to skip putting up an actual tree again this year. Between not having enough room without disassembling my dining room table and the feeling that the beagle would pull the whole thing down it's not worth it. I'll just stick with my Christmas flower arrangement.

We need a not awesome button.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular

Don't worry. I'm putting up two trees this year, so it balances out on a worldwide festivity basis.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg