As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Go Team No-Pants!
    I work in an office and have to wear pants. :(

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    First gifts ordered. Oh but it won't all be store bought gifts. Baking will also occur, and I shall be dipping into my private imported snack reserve as well.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    So, for those people that received the WB Humble Bundle, looks like they added more gaming goodness to the package (assuming your Santa beat the average price).
    We've added an awesome assortment of games and DLC to the Humble WB Games Bundle! If you've already beaten the average during Week 1, you'll find these games already accessible on your download page: Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, Guardians of Middle-Earth with "Smaug's Treasure" DLC, F.E.A.R., The Lord of the Rings Online Steely Dawn Starter Pack, ​Gotham City Impostors Professional Kit and the Millennium Skins Pack for Batman: Arkham Origins.

Really is the gift that keeps gifting.

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    G&T Secret Santa: where people claim they wear pants for various reasons

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Santee santee santee... You're making this is hella hard.

post things pls! About stuff!

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    G&T Secret Santa: where people claim they wear pants for various reasons

I'm not claiming anything!

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Dear Santee

I still don't know what to get you. To be fair, I haven't really been trying. It's not even December yet! Perhaps a huge helping of turkey and mashed potatoes will help.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Santee, I was going to get you a totally sweet video game that you would love as part of the Target buy 2 get 1 free (and there was also a 30% off two games register coupon). But sadly, I was unable to acquire said coupon (thus reducing the awesome discount I was otherwise going to get...).

On to other things!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    If I'm wearing pants, I'm at work. If I'm wearing shorts, I'm at home. If I'm not wearing anything, please excuse yourselves

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    the music store near me is having a one day sale where everything is at cost. I may be able to get enough stuff to start a high school punk band with my santee.

Although i haven't run across anything showing off your musical prowess so maybe i'd better just get myself a guitars, maybe even a grandpa's guitars, or an as metal as humanly possible metalocalypse style guitars.

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I will accept any and all sorts of pajamas. Pajama shorts are the best thing

They're comfy and easy to wear!!

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    im gonna mail some stuff today

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I have no idea what I'm doing next. My plans, you have scuppered them santee!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    GiftGet4b_zpsb34314b9.gif
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    ARCSYN: Your Santa bids you to click the following URL and enter your proper information, as punishment for maintaining a Steam wishlist. MORE PUNISHMENTS WILL FOLLOW.

Christmas punishment? Wait a sec, I've heard of this santa before... This can't be good.
    237f77d2bbe00f133c678afd19bbc087c7b8713b.png
    HumbleBundle_zpsb252066f.png

Or maybe it could be good! I can take this type of punishment! I guess having both Arkham City and War in the North in my wishlist was too great of a crime to ignore. It's awesome because I had actually just decided yesterday not to buy this bundle because I have Christmas coming and I need to save money for buying gifts for others. Thanks @Santa!

It's the gift that keeps on giving!
    Thanks @Santa!
    HumbleBundleExtras_zpse4000697.png

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Well, Santee.. You are DANGEROUSLY close to getting a garbage bag full of books. And we all know what the consensus is on books.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Well, Santee.. You are DANGEROUSLY close to getting a garbage bag full of books. And we all know what the consensus is on books.

They are awesome?

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Blimey, Santa is quick off the mark. It's not even half way through November and I find an unexpected Amazon package waiting for me at home!

GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif

Two packages within, a small one modelled by older daughter:

979615D3-C3B6-4668-A9FA-243ADBD9B5CB-706-000000AA01D81D95_zpsf3b583a8.jpg

7125AACF-8FF4-40B4-9639-31CF37DFD554-706-000000A9FA21D77A_zps21c8710c.jpg

Intriguing! So let's set that one aside for now and move to larger package number two modelled by younger daughter:

0318DD0F-CDA5-4FAF-9BA0-B783D3668F14-706-000000A9ED5F610B_zps6d3fd932.jpg

846D65B0-CEEB-4B55-9CA0-EF8A0600EADA-706-000000A9F495DD18_zps5d558cb5.jpg

Aha! I get to open this one. Judging by the feel and the label combined with my hint post I'm thinking we're bookward bound.

9FA201CA-E77E-420A-8B7D-55F0C85A1422-706-000000AA08046C99_zps6e7f98ba.jpg

Ooh, science fictiony. Looks fun. The kind of thing I'd never pick up myself and hence exactly what I'd hope for in a gift.

Thank you mystery Santa! Looking forward to what else may follow.

Note re: the Little Miss Warriors. I didn't dress them for the camera, this is how they were when I got home from work. For you or I dressing in an animal onesie would mean it were some kind of special occasion, for them it was Thursday. Oh to be young again.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

Shipping on that would be rather nasty to say the least!

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    The fun part is hypothesizing what "big gift" would be.

I have an idea, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Small unwrap later gift is about the size of a cassette tape.

QED, big gift is a ghetto blaster.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    The fun part is hypothesizing what "big gift" would be.

I have an idea, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up.

A Tingle onesie.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Its a body.

The smaller gift is the murder weapon.

We really need another crazy puzzle string this year.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Its a body.

The smaller gift is the murder weapon.

We really need another crazy puzzle string this year.

I was going to, but I didn't think my santee would have had fun with it...

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I'd like to, but I'm terrible with puzzles. Basically, because I already know the solution, I feel like it's terribly obvious to everyone. So I make it as obscure and difficult as I can, and then nobody understands it while I think it's still probably too easy.

The Steam thread knows what I'm talking about.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    redacted

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Gaaaaaaaay

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Aside, one of the benefits of keeping up with this thread is that I get to add a bunch of stuff to my "must read" pile.

• Options

A mere drop in the bucket for an oil baron such as myself.
    I'm a student. Shipping of this would send me to the proverbial poorhouse, aka, the gutter.

• Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular

I think I've said this every year, but if books are gay, then start lining up the cocks. I've got some sucking to catch up on.

JudgeZed.png
  • Options

I'm a student. Shipping of this would send me to the proverbial poorhouse, aka, the gutter.

You're in luck, I consume all my books digitally so no need to pay shipping! Go ahead and email me my load of books at any time.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

Gaaaaaaaay

Books don't like to be called gay, they prefer Fancy Lad Reads.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options

Gaaaaaaaay

Books don't like to be called gay, they prefer Fancy Lad Reads.

Wasn't there something like Fancy-Lad Snackcakes in Faoout? Quick! A tangent!
    Elin wrote: »

You're in luck, I consume all my books digitally so no need to pay shipping! Go ahead and email me my load of books at any time.

Never! If it's not self-destructive, I don't participate.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    How is Steam gifting done anonymously? Is that even possible?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Make a new Steam account just for Gifting and send gifts from that by email.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Tried that. Said I needed to purchase a game just to even add friends.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

Tried that. Said I needed to purchase a game just to even add friends.

Does TF2 or any of the other f2p games count? Or wait until the Thanksgiving sale and buy something for $0.50.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    shadowane wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    Whoever is shadowane's Santa: get that man some yoga pants.
    No one wants that.

edit: I will have it known that even though I work from home, I shower and dress every day like an adult.

Getting dressed by not putting on pants? Like any self respecting adult who works at home would?

I'll have you know I work at home as well, And I wear pants. (Pajama bottoms with skulls and flames and stuff totally count as pants)

@Jam Warrior That book is great. I picked it up in the first Humble Ebook Bundle, and immediately purchased the rest of the series on my kindle the moment I finished it, Even The Human Division when it cost $1 a chapter. It's a great series, your Santa has done awesome book picking.

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    Can't you use a redeem code thingie and proxy it?
    Alternatively can you gift it to one person and then have them gift it to your actual Santee?

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Can't you use a redeem code thingie and proxy it?
    Alternatively can you gift it to one person and then have them gift it to your actual Santee?

Or, you could purchase a redeemable steam key from another helpful merchant such as https://www.humblebundle.com/store or http://www.greenmangaming.com/ and then proxy / junk-email the code to your lucky victim. Just be sure to look for the steam icon (humble) , or Third Party DRM: Steam (GMG) to make sure it will activate properly.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn