Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    New Game Director Letter, with info about the upcoming mission pack, and AEGIS.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Looks like it's time to re-up my subscription so I have points for Tokyo and this new mission pack.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    @ryadic I've got you in my friends list and it says you're online, but my /tell messages aren't going through for some reason.

Anyway - don't forget to join the chat channel!

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    That's odd. I'm not online. I'll look in the channel next time I'm on.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    Do I have to manually join the chat channel each time I log in?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Yup

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    In the scripts folder, create a file with no extension (e.g. txt) called auto_login (and maybe one called auto_teleport but I'm not sure that's necessary), and put in
    Delay 5000
    /chat join PA

EDIT: no numbers

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Why delay? I don't have that.

• Options
    For allowing it to load in? I dunno, I copied it from a template

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    If memory serves, it's to let you to actually get loaded into the zone, since it can be weird with transitions.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    All signets purple, and I got my first platinum NM solo. It's been a good day!

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Oh snap, the dapper suit thing and the psycho outfit are tempting me so hard to drop some dosh on TSW.

Edit: Is there an ARG going? I could have sworn I saw something for one.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Smasher_Aegis.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Interesting, I thought the director's letter implied you'd only get 3 Aegis thingies, not 8. Funny that the head talisman misses out though.

• Options
    Mission pack is up. It's 960 points :S

It's also not on autobuy, so I can't go into negative points for it. This is annoying. I have to wait about 4 more days to get it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well that's pretty worthless. What can you even buy for 240 points

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Not putting it on autobuy was a mistake, I think. They said they didn't because Tokyo might be out in the same month, but a) it won't, and b) who cares?

At any rate, going to see the new missions tonight.

• Options
    Good luck actually seeing all the missions tonight, since they're all investigation missions.

I'm actually trying to write a guide for them, but I'm only on 3/5 of my first one. :P

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Immersion
    For those that aren't interested in being lost in Seoul for forever during tier 3 of Immersion, I've made a map.
    link because nested spoilers are broken

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    All the new missions are investigations :(

Investigations seem like such a good idea but there's so much moon logic in most of them that I rarely enjoy them.

I've finished one so far, and it had... 5 bits of bullshit that made me glad guides exist. I started a second, disliked it even more, so now I'm just shelving it until I can youtube them all.

When TSW launched it had some pretty fun investigations in it, but I don't think any of the investigations added since then have been any good. Instead we get things like *shudder* Hell and Bach.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    Hell and Bach was the one where you puzzled out locations from photographs, right? I liked that one...

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Hell and Bach was the one where you puzzled out locations from photographs, right? I liked that one...

The location-puzzling was fine, the problem was a) figuring out the rune-letter conversion was pure brute force (there was a pattern, but honestly... I recognised the pattern because I have a physics degree, but how many people are going to get it?), and b) going from phrase - rune - finding and input the rune on the wheel was tedious and error-prone.

It was just so much mindless busy-work.

I seem to remember there were other things like finding the wheels, finding the phrases, and finding the thing at the end? But they're completely eclipsed in my mind by the tedium of the wheels.

• Options
    Ah right, I forgot about the end.

• Options
    Woo, all finished. The story of Immersion and The Animate Clay were fun, but the missions themselves, all four of them, I really disliked.

Now to wait for Tokyo!

• Options
    Hey Ante, question for you about The Abandoned 5/5:
    Do I have to share the quest with someone to finish it?

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Hey Ante, question for you about The Abandoned 5/5:
    Do I have to share the quest with someone to finish it?
    Thankfully no. I just selected someone else (as in, made them my defensive target), then right clicked on the egg.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So I still don't have issue 8 since everyone said it was kind of awful. Has it gotten better?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    I'll take investigations more or less as they are. It can be frustrating to get stuck on one when I don't understand what I need to do, but it makes it all the more satisfying when I do find a solution (I pretty much avoid walkthroughs for investigation missions). Only one I really didn't like too much was the one early on that required you to decipher morse code. It played so quickly that it made it really hard to write down the codes.

So I am trying to get back into this after a rather long absence, but it has not been easy. Most of my stuff is QL 8 blues with some QL 10 greens, trying to figure out what I should be doing for upgrades.

• Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Yoshua wrote: »
    So I am trying to get back into this after a rather long absence, but it has not been easy. Most of my stuff is QL 8 blues with some QL 10 greens, trying to figure out what I should be doing for upgrades.

Here's an option (that is, here's what I did): if you're in Transylvania (sounds like you are), you'll be getting signets as drops and/or quest rewards. Look into signets, figure out which ones you'll want to slot in your gear, save them, and auction off the rest. Use the resulting funds to buy crafting kits for blue QL10 gear.

Sneaks on
  • Options
    Finished formatting my guide to the new Investigation missions and put it up on Steam. I put a thank you in to you guys in general for helping me out with some of the parts I was puzzled on.

• Options
    I've been thinking lately that if I can just get a half decent run of luck, I should be able to get the Solo NM platinum achievement for Hotel.

Well, tonight I did it despite getting swarms of locusts impairing me, and enemy snipers at the same time as bombs. Wahoo! I'm now a Firelord with Demonic Jinn Grips!

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    So if you havn't heard, there's a new ARG in the works.

And apparently there's a special mission for old-timers involving a certain wall of paper... :D

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Used a guide for the rune wheels, didn't even make the slightest attempt before googling the answer.

Zero remorse.

• Options
    1.9 is on test live. EF is getting super nerfed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    1.9 is on test live. EF is getting super nerfed.

Care to explain?

• Options
    5 second cooldown after each use, just enough to cause awkward cycles unless you're just doing 5-2

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Overnight EF went through about 3 revisions. Now (unless it changes again) it's staying as it currently is, but Fire in the Hole is being changed to prevent double-critting. Which is basically exactly what I want, woo, although it's a bit worrying how often the devs changed their mind in the last day or two.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm not really even sure they need to fix that. The only way double critting with Fire in the Hole really worked to your advantage was queuing it during pop shot to advance EF to condense your rotation. That bug has been fixed. If you did the 6-builder/Aux/FitH+Shootout or worse, 7 builder + FitH + Shootout your DPS was at best comparable to other builds.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Been a while since I checked on TSW! How's everyone enjoying Tokyo?

Oh ..

• Options
    Sometimes people in TSW make me so mad. Like when I'm repeatedly invited to beginner nightmare groups when I'm asking for "quick, clean runs with a 10.4.4+ group", or when I ask if anyone wants to trade the lore from The Abandoned and the only response I get is "I don't have any lore for you but can you give me yours?"