Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    One solo platinum elite run of Hotel gives about 20 oreos, and is trivially easy. That means you only need 80 minutes!

You know, "easy" for you and "easy" for someone else can be completely different things. :p

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    You can only do novice and normal difficulty hotel scenario without issue 8.

But if you can find someone to duo or group it with you you get way more oreos than soloing. I dunno, I kind of worked on getting the oreos over the course of a month or so because I found it to be so tedious.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Elite difficulty is also free.
    You know, "easy" for you and "easy" for someone else can be completely different things. :p
    Irrelevant when Elite solo can be run with 5 people :P

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I think that's backwards. You (and ante) run the 5 person instance with 1 person

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well... yeah... but that doesn't alter the number of oreos you get.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I can't do solos anyway. My survival build doesn't survive.

Update notes for today.

• Options
    ...I think I liked the zones in TSW better when they didn't have other players getting in my way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Seriously, you weren't expecting things to be crowded? Pfft. :P

• Options
    I was, I just forgot you don't get any loot (and therefore, no AEGIS experience) when someone else hits a mob before you >:|

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fixed an issue that could cause characters to play the wrong movement animation after a change in speed.

Aww, I loved the super-speedy walk.
    Players should no longer be able to take missions from mission givers while they are threatened, regardless of whether they are actually in combat or not.

That was always the case for me?

Various QoL changes to the lore/achievement screen and UI that sound nice.

Still looking other patch notes but... I should probably come up with a new build to commemorate Tokyo. AR/Chaos maybe?

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Spellsword is turning out swimmingly for me. My GF does Rifle/Blood, but it seems kind of suicidal if you're alone. (I'm at Blue Mountain. Yeesh, does Kingsmouth ever end?)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Kingsmouth is pretty long, isn't it? Haha, my friend was saying the same thing to me, and he's still in Town proper.

• Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Spellsword is turning out swimmingly for me. My GF does Rifle/Blood, but it seems kind of suicidal if you're alone. (I'm at Blue Mountain. Yeesh, does Kingsmouth ever end?)

Have her take the AR leech skills (Anima Shot, Transfuse Anima). Kill stuff while healing yourself. Just make sure she's also got some healing talismans, though.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    So, having just gotten to Tokyo and seen the tutorial vid for the AEGIS system... I definitely need to make a new build, my current AR build leans almost entirely on its abilities alone, so if I encountered mobs with more than one kind of shield I'd be in trouble. Trying a Frenzy-centric AR/Chaos thingy out after dinner.

EDIT: Having only one weapon really isn't that bad, but it's more difficult to level up your various AEGISes that way. Even with mostly blue QL10 gear and QL10 purple weapons these enemies are no laughing matter.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    So what's the prefered replacement for StD now? The tanking 8%s?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I had a quick go at the new missions, but they involve jumping and movement and such, which isn't really practical on a Surface Pro, especially without a mouse.

• Options
    Maledict66Maledict66 Registered User regular
    I think Seal the Deal is still the better option, especially if using Elemental Force. 8% more damage on my builder compared to 7% more damage on my consumers is a no brainier for a build that's forcing crits or penetrates, or is using something like molten steel / cut the path.

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    So I hear that Tokyo has come out. What do I need to know? Have my old builds been made shitier yet again? What's this Aegis thing?

• Options
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    So I hear that Tokyo has come out. What do I need to know? Have my old builds been made shitier yet again? What's this Aegis thing?

There were lots of changes to abilities. Check the link I posted a few posts back with the patch notes.

The main thing here is that Elemental Force is now set up so that it can only make one thing crit. No more stuff like using Fire in the Hole, or Manifestations, while the EF buff is active- they can't be affected by the buff anymore.

Also, stuff like Arterial Pulse and Criticality can now only proc once per move activation. So if you penetrate 5 mobs at once, Arterial Pulse only goes off once.

As for the AEGIS system...

Mobs can have one (or more) of three shields:

Psychic (purple) shields, which can be recast.

Cybernetic (blue) shields, which regenerate over time (but if broken, takes a short while before coming back).

Demonic (red) shields, which do not return once broken.

You get AEGIS controllers that you can equip on either "hand" or "weapon" slot. There is a system to swap them on the fly- even during combat, but switching puts a 4-second cooldown on all your abilities. You need to match your controller to the shield you're trying to break (so, Psychic vs Psychic). Until that shield breaks, you deal 0 damage to the mob's HP.

Right now, the controllers only convert a small percentage of your outgoing damage, into the corresponding AEGIS type. (Which should be okay, since most shields don't have many "hit points.") But any abilities that require you to deal damage to the target won't proc if you're hitting a shield. Other things that just require hits, or crits, etc., can and will still proc (like Advantage Me or Circulation).

When AEGIS-shielded mobs die, they leave (as part of their loot) data that your controllers absorb. This is tied into their upgrade system, so make sure you loot everything.

• Options
    Also, Rose and I confirmed last night that while grouped AEGIS data is automatically divided amongst the party. At least FunCom is learning from scenarios, eh?

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Also, Rose and I confirmed last night that while grouped AEGIS data is automatically divided amongst the party. At least FunCom is learning from scenarios, eh?

I see it more like how Pax is distributed among the party.

Only your currently-active controllers gain the data, though. I guess you can try to build one up by making sure it's active before looting...

• Options
    Maledict66 wrote: »
    I think Seal the Deal is still the better option, especially if using Elemental Force. 8% more damage on my builder compared to 7% more damage on my consumers is a no brainier for a build that's forcing crits or penetrates, or is using something like molten steel / cut the path.

It depends on what % of your damage is consumers vs everything else, I guess. That extra 5% crit chance is wasted when you're forcecriting half your consumers

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I see it more like how Pax is distributed among the party.

Only your currently-active controllers gain the data, though. I guess you can try to build one up by making sure it's active before looting...
    It's not actually divided though, it's just given to everyone in the party. My point compared to scenarios was that it doesn't discourage grouping whereas scenarios encourage you to have as few people as possible in your party to maximize the drops you get.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ahh. Gotcha. Then yes, that is tons better.

I'm not even 100% sure I can solo stuff here. Probably. But grouping is so much more fun.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Maledict66 wrote: »

It depends on what % of your damage is consumers vs everything else, I guess. That extra 5% crit chance is wasted when you're forcecriting half your consumers

A 5% boost to consumers is utterly trivial.

If I do 800 attacks on an eleforce build, 200 of those will be consumers, and 100 of those will be forcecrit, so only 100 will be affected by the boost, meaning that in 800 attacks I'll do 5 more crits, which is effectively a 0.65% boost to crit chance. Utterly trivial.

Now, in a bloodshot-spam build I can see it being useful...

• Options
    Maledict66Maledict66 Registered User regular
    I wasn't talking about the crit boost though - that's a tiny bonus that isn't worth counting really. But 8% on my builders compared to 7% on my consumers is a fairly easy choice! as my consumers are by far and away the majority of all my damage even when tanking.

• Options
    That was with the old StD though, wasn't it? where the loss of 10% on the force crit is probably in and of itself at least a few percentage points of the total damage

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ACT was being stupid and spitting the combat logs every minute or so, but just eyeballing it, there wasn't really much difference between the two. At least not enough that I'd be confident saying that it wasn't just signet procs or RNG.

But the sword elite one seemed to be, like, 10 DPS higher on average

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sword elite as in Fluid Defense (the tank +8% passive) or Flight of Daggers which people on TestLive keep saying was parsing well?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Fluid defense.

I need to reglyph to build with striker, but my abuse is on my pistols :(

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    On the bright side, at least your Abuse signet wouldn't be any less useful than before since they fixed Abuse and Aggression signet procs in NY.

Also, both raids are totally broken with 1.9. Only the first tick of Whispering Darkness does normal damage in NY (the remaining do like, 10). Cleanup doesn't work right in Eidolon, and the Personal Pain circles don't move with you (but they still hit the area around you).

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FIGHTING A DOZEN GHOSTS AT ONCE IS STUPID

• Options
    Reworked the OP a bit so it's less ZOMG WALLS OF TEXT. Added a bit about the Augment and AEGIS systems.

As always, if you guys have any suggestions, lemme know. I'm considering adding more to the Builds section but not sure what...

• Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Heads up, if you have the tokens to buy an AEGIS upgrade kit (it takes roughly one run through Issue 9, picking up side missions along the way), buy one and sell it in London. You can make at least 15m pax, and it'll probably be this way for a week or so between people wanting to progress and the limited supply of tokens.

If you have a scenario build, they help.

Antithesis on
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Antithesis wrote: »
    Heads up, if you have the tokens to buy an AEGIS upgrade kit (it takes roughly one run through Issue 9, picking up side missions along the way), buy one and sell it in London. You can make at least 15m pax, and it'll probably be this way for a week or so between people wanting to progress and the limited supply of tokens.

So you can run through the story portions of issue 9 multiple times? There was some lore I couldn't figure out how to get so I just stopped unsure if I'd miss a chance (where you have to chase the gondola).

• Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    So you can run through the story portions of issue 9 multiple times? There was some lore I couldn't figure out how to get so I just stopped unsure if I'd miss a chance (where you have to chase the gondola).

Yep! From now on, you can redo story missions like any other mission. Look for them wherever each mission began. Except for
    the Tokyo subway
    , I think you pick that one up where it ends.

Antithesis on
  • Options
    There is the possibility we'll get reruns of the original story missions too. Story reruns take the main mission slot instead of story slot.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That's almost enough to make me get tokyo now, instead of waiting for another golden weekend to use this key I have saved for a referal sub

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The first time you do the story missions (starting from Venice), they'll be Story Missions.

But you can then accept them again (and immediately after completion) as Main Missions.

Their Story versions are unrepeatable. Their Main versions are, after a cooldown.

And IMO we get way too few Sequins of Sunrise for a complete run through of the content.

• Options
    Antithesis wrote: »

I don't have a scenario build because I hate doing scenarios.