As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    You got a purple weapon from finishing the main story? Neat! I missed out on that.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    I just did Elite Penthouse for the first time with some people from #noobmares. Everyone had a positive attitude and it was a lot of fun, so much so I didn't realise we were there for 3 hours.

My favourite part was
    the fight with the Utas, just because I love backflipping out of a sniper's crosshairs.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I fired this up for the first time in FOREVER last night. I forgot how much I dig the game. I played a lot on release but had stopped around Transylvania. I fired up a new char on a new faction and am in the Blue Mountains area and loving replaying all this stuff (I barely remember the story at this point). They've added a lot of nice stuff since I played. Looking forward to seeing some of the new content.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    You got a purple weapon from finishing the main story? Neat! I missed out on that.

This was something they added with the revamped New Player Experience. Those of us who've already finished the main storyline got 30BB instead. :)

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Kay wrote: »

This was something they added with the revamped New Player Experience. Those of us who've already finished the main storyline got 30BB instead. :)
    I would have to find out if I got that, and what I could spend it on.

Edit: Picked up the purple weapon, some other purple talismans with Venice marks I had lying around.

Question! Black Bullion - does everyone get the 1 per miniboss, 2 per boss in a nightmare dungeon, or are they rolled need/greed style?

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Everyone gets them, but be sure to run over to the loot and pick it up. They aren't automatically distributed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    What Corsini said. If you still see the purple loot bag (or even the glow of one) that means someone forgot to get their bullion.

@amnesiasoft So I got an Ashes of the Elder Things... Is this a good replacement for my DPS headpiece with a lace?

• Options
    It looks like the AEGIS Firmware Upgrade v2.0 doubles the secondary effect of AEGIS controllers, but I don't have all of mine at 100% 1.9 so I could only check some of them. Still, I am glad those effects got better.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    What Corsini said. If you still see the purple loot bag (or even the glow of one) that means someone forgot to get their bullion.

@amnesiasoft So I got an Ashes of the Elder Things... Is this a good replacement for my DPS headpiece with a lace?

No

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ugh. I misread and thought it was a Lace for penetration instead of crits. Read it again and realized it only increased pen rating, so it's a poor version of Breaching Shot (with more uptime?). Oh well.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Corsini wrote: »
    It looks like the AEGIS Firmware Upgrade v2.0 doubles the secondary effect of AEGIS controllers, but I don't have all of mine at 100% 1.9 so I could only check some of them. Still, I am glad those effects got better.
    This applies to all of them. The purple versions are triple the effect of green.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Question for post QL10: should I be trying to gun right for AEGIS stuff by jumping into Scenarios or should I continue to beef-ify my character by just running all the millions of missions in Shadowy Forest and Carp Fangs I didn't do. Are they obsoleted by new content at this point?

• Options
    Question for post QL10: should I be trying to gun right for AEGIS stuff by jumping into Scenarios or should I continue to beef-ify my character by just running all the millions of missions in Shadowy Forest and Carp Fangs I didn't do. Are they obsoleted by new content at this point?

They're never really going to be made obsolete, as they still give you AP/SP with which to build up your character. So it's really up to you.

Also, you really only need to do one scenario, since you just need one oreo now to purchase the certification to get to Tokyo.

What's going to stop you is the lack of AEGIS controllers and their low levels, at least in the beginning.

• Options
    Cool. Web info can be spotty on the most recent updates, so I thought I still had to endlessly grind super hard scenarios for a billion coins to at least open up Tokyo and AEGIS progression. At least I can get there then bounce back to Transylvania and other high XP missions to build up my character/aux/augments until I feel ready to try Tokyo.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Well, got it installed, did some missions, and started back in on issue 6. Don't at all remember what I was working towards, but I suppose I should iron out a Pistol/Shotty build for running through dungeons.

I installed it onto my old HD, and it's hella slow, how badly will it break if I just try and drag it to my SSD?

• Options
    It'll work fine. That's how I made a separate TestLive install.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    guess that was the way to go. copied to SSD, run installer again, 300% faster D:

• Options
    Think it's worth it to spend $10 for issue 7, our wait until UE is on sale so I can justify the cost for the wife?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Think it's worth it to spend $10 for issue 7, our wait until UE is on sale so I can justify the cost for the wife?

Do you own much of the DLC yet?

Because if not the UE is by far the best deal to get the stuff.

• Options
    @DarkPrimus all I have so far is issue 6. Problem would be justifying the cost with my wife :P

Maybe I should get that instead of the guild wars 2 expansion...

• Options
    Can always wait a bit on the GW2 expansion for it to drop in price, whereas the UE is the stupid-good deal compared to buying it all individually.

But I freely admit I'm biased towards TSW. :wink:

• Options
    Yea, that is true. I'm back here because I miss some of the traditional mmo mechanics. Having everyone be damage/support can be fun, but I miss defined roles in a group.

I think I'll give it some time and wait for a sale.

• Options
    Caught up to Issue 9 now. Biggest problem is there's never anyone listed for Elite dungeons. Guess I need to camp out in the chat channels and see if I find someone spamming them, or I'll never be able to get to Gatekeeper.

• Options
    Caught up to Issue 9 now. Biggest problem is there's never anyone listed for Elite dungeons. Guess I need to camp out in the chat channels and see if I find someone spamming them, or I'll never be able to get to Gatekeeper.

What time(s) do you play? Maybe someone here can help.

You can also check the #noobmares chat channel and ask.

• Options

Ask in #sanctuary.

• Options
    Not much luck with this so far, but I'll keep casually working on SP/AP and seeing if something develops. I know they want people to have experience in dungeons, but there are so many to complete and so few people looking to complete them right now. It's kind of a roadblock. What's sad is I'm already in 10 blues, so this is literally going to be an exercise in gating. *sigh*

• Options
    I'm usually available for dungeon runs of any type. Being on GMT, usually weekends are best, and I have a DPS +1 to come along. I can tank, or at a push, heal. My healing deck Needs Work, however.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    If you still need help come this Saturday, I should be able to assist. Can heal or DPS.

• Options
    You're welcome to ping me in game if you need help.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I was seeing a lot of elite groups forming in #sanctuary last night and even this morning.

I don't think any of you are online when I am though.

Also, remembering that I didn't particularly like the roman city of the past...

• Options
    Yes, the ease of putting groups together does depend a lot on what time you play the game at.

There's still a few weeks of summer left for me so I could try to be up late to help out through a few elites.

• Options
    Thanks all. You're quite hospitable, as are so many of the folks in TSW. Wish there were just more of you. =P

• Options
    I should probably be trying to run 18s more often before the currency revaluation in order to stock up on upgrade kits...

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I should probably go stock up on kits since I'm above the cap. When does that go through?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Whenever issue 12 comes out.

Soon™

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Before the end of the month, assuming they stay on track.

Which I know, Funcom Time and all that but they've actually been getting stuff out faster than they used to for a while.

• Options
    Some of you probably know, but they're was a forum post with done info about the currency exchange that's coming with issue 12.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSecretWorld/comments/3g1q0z/information_on_currency_changes_in_issue_12/

• Options
    edited August 2015
    There's a lot of people complaining about the thousands of black bullion they have that is going to turn into PAX but they have thousands of black bullion because they have been doing NM dungeons again and again while not having anything to buy because they have several full sets of 10.4.4 gear and weapons.

Obviously they were doing the content for some reason other than the reward, if they had long run out of things to spend the currency on. Like I don't know, because they enjoyed it?

I dunno, maybe I just hold no sympathy for the people who obsessively run 18s every single day despite having max gear everything and feel entitled to "compensation" for their time that they freely spent.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    I'm going to be over the cap, but not because I have tons of BB lying around. (I have like, 16.)

It's because of the hundreds of sequins I've amassed from doing missions on repeat and not having anything to spend them on. ^^;

Maybe I should go buy those Bags of Ethereal Gambit and try to get that title...

• Options
    I'm going to be over the cap, but not because I have tons of BB lying around. (I have like, 16.)

It's because of the hundreds of sequins I've amassed from doing missions on repeat and not having anything to spend them on. ^^;

Maybe I should go buy those Bags of Ethereal Gambit and try to get that title...

Yeah buy those bags of Gambit and get some tacos/PAX/maybe the title.

Sequins of Sunrise are the more difficult thing to get rid of, now that all my controllers are at 1.9, but then I remembered I've got two alt characters so I'll just buy a bunch of upgrade kits so they don't have to spend their bullion on them for a while, whenever they get to Tokyo.