As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Oh, good to know you got those done. I was online but you weren't responding, so I figured you were busy with something.

I stepped away after getting of that stupid train, when I came back you were gone, but the I saw a group forming through #sanctuary

Do I need win-win for 18's our is clean up enough?

Either is fine.

But is both overkill? Our would that depend on if other party member can bring one?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Depends on the fight. WW is limited by range.

Usually two or three people will slot a cleaning ability if multiple cleans are needed.

• Options
    @DarkPrimus ok, thanks. That means I just need a few more AP to get lock, stock, & barrel to have a competent starter build.

• Options
    Really, for Polaris NM, whole group should have Slight of Hand for boss 5 and only one person needs WW for the Ur-Draug.

Cleanses aren't necessary for DW, and while a CU rotation of three people is common for Machine Tyrant, it's also fine for people to just slot the perjury passive.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    IIRC @amnesiasoft had something where only one person needed CU for MT?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    IIRC @amnesiasoft had something where only one person needed CU for MT?

Usually that means everyone is slotting Perjury. The only way this won't work is if your healer is fist and/or blood with no offensive skills, since they won't be able to proc Perjury with just healing abilities.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Cool, I pretty much hit the pre requisites for skills, but I'm still way low on hit.

I still see guides suggesting hit on head/major though @amnesiasoft says 2 major is the way to go at 10.4.4+ starting out am I going to screw myself doing hit on head/major? Is it just a matter of min/maxing at that point?

Also, is it listed any where how much hit rating a minor hit buff is worth?

Edit: 10.0.4 hit = 607 and 10.0.5 hit =692

But can you modify your glyph when you upgrade it, or are you stuck with how it is when you make it?

That is with head/major

Edit2: It's all going to change with the new upgrades anyways, huh.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Issue 12 glyphs are the same. Will make .5 glyphs easier to acquire though.

Head/Major vs 2x Major is going to be up to personal preference. Two majors give you 656 hit, which was the closest I could get to 650 at all .5.5 without going under.

My MT builds with only one cleanser does not require anyone use Perjury.

Blood healer on Machine Tyrant can just use Transfuse and Abuse.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I see that now, I guess I wasn't sure if I should plan for 10.5.5 before I'm even into nms

• Options
    I'm probably never hitting 10.5.5's, so I plan for 10.4.4's 'coz that's more achievable. But that's me. YMMV.

• Options
    I'm probably never hitting 10.5.5's, so I plan for 10.4.4's 'coz that's more achievable. But that's me. YMMV.

The currency to get the .5 upgraders will be available by completing NM dungeons and challenges once i12 hits.

• Options
    OK, I am ready for the gatekeeper... but it's late, so I'll do it tomorrow later today :biggrin:

• Options
    I still need to figure out how I'm going to trim down for the cap. What's the word on the largest price increases for BB? weapon upgrades, talis upgrades or glyphs upgrades?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Everything purchased with BB before remains the same effective price.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    gatekeeper down.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Thought you guys might enjoy this. I found a map I made of Agartha from the first week or so when the game was released. It's probably not accurate now but at the time everything was pretty much located to scale. It was a fun little project.

http://i.imgur.com/S9rP602.jpg
    (I had to view it in an AI viewer since I don't have Illustrator anymore so some of the fonts and fancy effects are gone/messed up, but you get the idea).

• Options

The currency to get the .5 upgraders will be available by completing NM dungeons and challenges once i12 hits.

Think y'all are forgetting who's talking, here.

• Options
    You'll be able to chain run the easy ones now that they're removing the timers can't you?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yes, no more NM lockout timers.

That said, finally cut my teeth on an 18 run. Polaris went well, a lot of wipes at the end of DW, and we couldn't get past Recursia in HR. Still had fun. Would run again.

• Options
    BTW, should I stick with shotgun/pistol even when I'm not popping DABS? Would shotgun or rifle /blood be a better choice?

• Options
    Pistol/Shotgun/Elemental are the holy trinity of NM DPS.

• Options
    Pistol/Shotgun/Elemental are the holy trinity of NM DPS.

Not true- those are just the most often seen combinations. You can make most anything work. Ranged is still more forgiving than melee though, especially if you're just starting out.

Some common builds are pistol/shotgun, blood/elemental, and AR/blood.

• Options
    I can give ele a shot, but I already have most of the good skills for shotgun, rifle, and blood.

I was asking because it seems like blood would be capable of more damage than pistol at the cost of health.

The downside I see is that stings of the builds have 6 required skills to be optimal, meaning I'd give up a lot of the damage to swap around based on mechanics.

• Options
    Most of the (main) blood decks out there deal their damage with Bloodshot spam. Not all of them use Elemental Force, so they can have varying abilities depending on how the whole deck is meant to be used.

There are also decks that use Bloodshot as "fillers" in between EF'd Exsanguinates.

I'd say pick a style that matches how you like to play. You're more likely to be more consistent with a deck you like, as opposed to grabbing something off a website that you have little practice with. (Of course, nothing wrong with the latter- I do that too- but I'd suggest taking those to your HQ's training area and getting a feel for their rotations before diving into a dungeon.)

• Options
    I generally start with something from tswdb.com or one of K1's builds to get an idea of skills and rotation, then tweak around my current gear and team.

I like how /blood works with piping bloodshot to increment EF then pop cannibalize and EF exanguinate. It also would let you slot transfuse and abuse of you needed.

Alternately, /pistol it's more flexible with fewer required actives.

I reckon I'll give it some time to find out.

• Options
    Also, @amnesiasoft

When you listed your glyph setup you said it was a mistake to plan around 10.0.5, was that because it requires winning dropped from NYR?

Since we'll be able to use bullion to get to 10.0.5 soon, would it make more sense to plan that way?

• Options
    Basically, yes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Basically, yes.

Thanks 8-)

• Options
    Are astrals going to be buyable for straight BB? I thought that they needed that new currency too

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Requires MoPs, yes, but those can be obtained through daily and weekly challenges as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    oh I thought that it was just from NM raids

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ok, successful 18 down. One more and I can make a Ring talisman and put a hit glyph in it.

I think I'll stick with shotgun/pistol for now so that I can be flexible with my skill bar to help the team.

• Options
    Need to go run missions... 18s don't give much AP.

Is there a better way to farm signets other than missions that reward signet bags? I've gotten most of what I have from running issue 6 whenever it's off CD.

• Options
    Issues 5 and 7 give signets as well.

People do run NM areas in the world to get signets as well. The airport in KM is the best area to solo.

• Options
    Yes, I recall seeing guides about soloing the airport. I'd run issue 7 if I had it...

Another question, I have a blue gadget toolkit. Should I make a crit rating stimulant, or crit power kickback first?

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Crit power. The crit stim is really more for CIB when people don't know how to buff :P

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That was my gut instinct, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

• Options
    First part of Issue 12 hits tomorrow!

Really stoked for the currency consolidation and the new challenge system.

• Options
    I spent the oreos and BB, but I give up on trying to convert the other stuff. Just going to take the pittance of PAX

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    I spent the oreos and BB, but I give up on trying to convert the other stuff. Just going to take the pittance of PAX

You could always spend your sequins on Bags of Ethereal Gambit. You could get more pax than the conversion, a chance at signets...