As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I am in desperate need of Sunrises, as I have several controllers that require upgrading. I only have one controller at 1.9. I really should run the Tower nightly...

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Running the Tower nightly and doing most of the i10 stuff every three days got me enough sequins to get the controllers necessary to upgrade to 1.9 for everything before all 9 controllers even got to .7. Of course more Tower runs were necessary to get the research data to get them filled up.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Ok, SH elite done thanks to the nice folks in #sanctuary

Going through the story in shadowy forest while issue 6 is on cooldown

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm well over the cap from failing to get a CIB for like, more than a year now

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Question for those with experience.

Say I'm running bloodsport and gross anatomy, will each hit of a burst or other multi-hit skill trigger both bloodsport and gross anatomy?

• Options
    No, that was one of the big nerfs that happened what, 3/4 of a year ago? Procs can only hit once per cast on multi cast abilities

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    No, that was one of the big nerfs that happened what, 3/4 of a year ago? Procs can only hit once per cast on multi cast abilities

makes sense, I just couldn't tell for sure on the combat log, but it looked like it was only hitting once.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I think bursts help with crits because each hit has a chance to crit, even if it's called at once per attack, though? Unless that was also part of the nerf.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Multi hit attacks have a reduced chance to crit or pen.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Basically, any multihit ability can only proc one thing per activation, regardless of number of hits.

But, any of those hits can do the proc. So a burst attack's three hits all have a chance to crit/pen/proc whatever, but once any hit does, the remaining one(s) will not.

So you could see (for example):

normal, normal, crit
    pen (no more pens), crit (no more crits), normal
    crit + pen (no more for this activation), normal, normal

And so on. At least, that is my understanding.

• Options
    Well, hopefully things with out. I really enjoy the storytelling in TSW compared to most other games.

• Options
    finished the main story... now I don't know which weapon to pick...

• Options
    Pick one of the two you use most often. You'll be able to get a purple version of the other weapon soon enough.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I was talking to a friend who recently started playing (I'm only recently started back) and he feels like he hit a brick wall in abilities around the Blue Mountains. He's maxed out the weapon combo he is using right now and none of the abilities he still has left does he want to use. He's got about the best weapon we can find for the area, and his SP in his weapons are maxed out. The only other thing I could think of was raising talismans. But of course those only drop to a certain level in that area.

Are their any other ways to improve your characters? Does amassing AP and SP raise your stats at all in the background or are they ONLY for buying skills?

• Options
    Talisman skills raise your stats passively. Don't neglect your Talisman skills. :p

Also, look at passives from other weapon trees that have synergy. Bloodsport in Fists can be useful to a number of builds (every attack procs Afflict), which can enable stuff like Clearing the Path or Blaze, for example.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Talisman skills raise your stats passively. Don't neglect your Talisman skills. :p

Also, look at passives from other weapon trees that have synergy. Bloodsport in Fists can be useful to a number of builds (every attack procs Afflict), which can enable stuff like Clearing the Path or Blaze, for example.

Finally got Bloodsport on my Pistol / Elemental dps build. Holy cow does it ever enable Blaze. Especially with the Aidolon passive.

I just started playing this game a week and a half ago. Its fun! Though I find it hard go guage where my character's power level is at for dungeons. I figure I'm about at the right spot if I can equip the gear that drops there.

The comedy is that I was running The Ankh before I even finished up Maine. Just because I had already gotten my quality levels high enough.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Pick one of the two you use most often. You'll be able to get a purple version of the other weapon soon enough.

I went with pistols, as my focus will be getting into nightmares.

• Options
    Feldorn wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I went with pistols, as my focus will be getting into nightmares.

Once the currency revamp hits, you will be able to upgrade your purple weapons by doing whatever, not just running nightmares. But nightmares will still be a good way to get the currency.

• Options
    Talisman skills raise your stats passively. Don't neglect your Talisman skills.

Specifically, raising your talisman SP lines provides you with:

Head: improves your base Magic Protection
    Major: improves your base HP pool (Health)
    Minor: improves your base Physical Protection

Note that the amount is still middling compared to the amounts you can have on the talismans themselves, but it is there.

As Kay also suggested, have your friend take a look at his build and see if taking abilities (passives) from other weapons will improve it. The aforementioned Bloodsport is one, as it's pretty much a gateway passive for affliction builds (not the only one, mind, but the main one as it does not require use of a specific weapon/active). If you're into the Wolverine builds, passives like Lick Your Wounds (fist), Circulation (blood), Immortal Spirit ( blade), and/or Advantage Me (pistols) are also good. It's really up to your gear and build. Proc effects are also good: Sudden Return (blade), One in the Chamber (pistols), Arterial Pulse (blood), et cetera.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for the suggestions folks! It will help him, and me.

I've just been sort of free wheeling with my builds and haven't tried to be super efficient. But I started a new char rather than go back to my old one (who is in vampire country) so I could learn the ropes again and familiarize myself with the lore. Since I'm just in the Blue Mountains, being uber efficient isn't too much of a worry just now. Enjoying just messing around.

I DO need to try and do some dungeons though. I've not done any thus far.

vamen on
  • Options
    cptrugged wrote: »

Finally got Bloodsport on my Pistol / Elemental dps build. Holy cow does it ever enable Blaze. Especially with the Aidolon passive.

With Pistol/Elemental, you can also use the passive that makes all Chain attacks Afflict, if you're running AoE, as it's a stronger DoT, but Bloodsport works on everything.

I like Blood/Pistols lately for all the focus attacks and penetration and crit and and and. Seems a good low aggro build, probably because Focus attacks are kinda like DoTs in general. Maybe they interact better with the anti aggro passives.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    You can totally steal aggro with focus attacks- any attacks, really. That's more a matter of how your build/gear is versus the other person(s)'(s).

• Options
    All things considered equal?

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Focus attack + elemental force = :)

Feldorn on
  • Options
    All things considered equal?

It's not likely to ever be equal. Unless you are all using the exact same decks, with the exact same weapons/talismans/glyphs/signets, using abilities in the same manner... And even then, RNG will have to be taken into account, with criticals, penetrations, blocks and glances...

• Options
    Need the last 2 hell dungeons and facility to unlock the gatekeeper... Any of you online around 10pm PST?

• Options
    I should be, though if @amnesiasoft has anything to say about it you'll be done with those and the Gatekeeper by the time I get on.

• Options
    Nope. Computer died. Still waiting on the processor I ordered to show up.

I might need to buy a cooler for it to 'cause I vaguely recall Intel stopped shipping them with their higher end processors.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I might need to buy a cooler for it to 'cause I vaguely recall Intel stopped shipping them with their higher end processors.

Oh noes- sorry to hear that. Did it overheat or something?

• Options
    edited August 2015
    @amnesiasoft all the cool kids have aftermarket heatsinks anyways.

I've got cleanup unlocked, and bombardment, but just started working on lock stock & barrel. I have no pistol outer ring... but will work on win-win next.

How can I make hostile target cast bars bigger, at least one that should be impaired? Can effectsUI do it?

Edit: I guess cast bar relocater does this. Thanks -Viper

Feldorn on
  • Options
    Ugh, double checking the currency conversion, I'll have just under 20k afterwards. Even if I 0 out my BB first, I'd still be double the cap

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Oh noes- sorry to hear that. Did it overheat or something?
    SSD died. Used it as an excuse to upgrade other things.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    You guys are having better luck than I. I gave up on elites. Did Pol and Darkness then nothin'. Must be the time of play. I'm going to step back and start an Illuminati character for the storyline. We'll see what happens with Funcom's imminent financial collapse and the next issue and maybe it'll all work out. =)

• Options
    @Straygatsby I just watch #sanctuary for groups and then do as many of whichever elite they wanna run. Our check the LFG and try to get a group started.

• Options
    ok, HE and HF down, only got Facility elite left. After running it I should be able to put together a proper build to run 18's as well, though my gear is crap and may not be good enough... I know I won't have the hit rating yet... I'll have to make up some of that in passives, and I don't have i7 to get that free neck talisman.

• Options
    Oh, good to know you got those done. I was online but you weren't responding, so I figured you were busy with something.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Looks like we have until next week to use up our currencies:

All New Features in Issue #12

TL;DR:
    New currency system
    New dungeon- The Manufactory (beneath the Orochi Tower)
    Challenge system
    New Social window
    New (old) raids- y halo thar, Flappy
    New regional bosses

ringswraith on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Oh, good to know you got those done. I was online but you weren't responding, so I figured you were busy with something.

I stepped away after getting of that stupid train, when I came back you were gone, but the I saw a group forming through #sanctuary

Do I need win-win for 18's or is clean up enough?

Feldorn on
  • Options
    Feldorn wrote: »

I stepped away after getting of that stupid train, when I came back you were gone, but the I saw a group forming through #sanctuary

Do I need win-win for 18's our is clean up enough?

Either is fine.