As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    It probably doesn't help that I'm using the old Nameless Days weapons from the Mayan event still. They're pretty good, but I'd assume custom weapons are a lot better.

Also, what the deuce are those shipping container keys for?

In the docks area (the same area where the entrance to the Tower is), there are a bunch of shipping containers.

Each key is tied to one of these. You can find a map of storage containers online, but if you look around you'll see some with labels in the format of A1234. Match your key to the container, and you can open it.

A (random) monster will pop out. Defeat it, and you'll get loot. Higher rarity keys can result in higher quality loot, but not necessarily.

There is a set of purple Curiosities that can drop from using blue keys- one for tanks, healers, DPS's, and leechers, IIRC.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I suppose I should burn some of these BB to level up the controllers to 1.4. The cap is way to damn low

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    *swears up a stream*

Got to the penthouse, and
    was in the middle of fighting the filth colossus when the client crashed.

Is there any way to get back to the penthouse from the ground floor? Or do I have to go up through the boardroom again?

EDIT: Oh, the elevator sends me back up there. But it reset my progress so I have to fight
    the rabbits again.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Manufactory (Elite) beat! Damn that's a tense last boss-fight. The timing on triggering your ult to get the mobs is so tight, you're never sure if you succeeded or not until either they or you are dead.

• Options
    Ugh, that took forever, but did it.
    So, is there any way to move that giant-ass Z button from where it is?

Also, I'm guessing the ability is different depending on what choices you made back in the day?

Not sure what to do now. Probably need to run Tower Defense again to get my last controller, but the cooldown won't be up for a few days.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Ugh, that took forever, but did it.
    So, is there any way to move that giant-ass Z button from where it is?

Yeah you can move it around like most of the UI, just click the little lock icon in the upper-right corner of the screen. If you want to resize the button, I think you have to do it via the Interface UI menu options, but maybe you can make it bigger/smaller by using the scroll wheel over the icon in the UI editing mode? Don't remember.
    Also, I'm guessing the ability is different depending on what choices you made back in the day?

Yes.
    Not sure what to do now. Probably need to run Tower Defense again to get my last controller, but the cooldown won't be up for a few days.

Issue 11 missions have an 18 hour cooldown, so you can always go through the Tower again tomorrow (not the final mission, that takes too long :razz: ) and see some of the floors you missed the first time.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Incidentally, if anyone wants the Hachi Kiipaa achievement, let me know. (Reward: "Pacifist" title.) I can heal through them while you open doors/pick up keycards and stuff.

• Options
    How are the side stories, btw? Worth getting?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    How are the side stories, btw? Worth getting?

Tokyo Sidestories really make the plce feel like a proper full zone.

Further Analysis is all investigation missions. If you like solving those on your own, they're worth it. If you're just going to use guides, I'd say maybe it's not worth it? They are good investigation missions.

• Options
    So is it just me, or is Brotherly Loathe buggy as hell?

I've had to restart that "defend the bathhouse" part of T1 like six times because it'll just stop and restart all the time if you look at a portal funny, no idea what happened.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    It's been quite buggy for some reason. Didn't used to be.

• Options
    So. There's a new bag on the Item Store. Comes in singles or bundles of 5.

Unlike previous bags, these are not tied to an event, nor are they the type that you can open in a group and everyone gets something.

Also unlike previous bags, they can drop Lucky Coins which you can then use at a new vendor in Darkside (a Blajini named Mr. Knickknack) to get some of the same items that the bags drop.

(If you're having trouble finding him, it's understandable- he's not marked on the map. He's standing in a little wooden booth thing a bit of the ways down from the stairs by the achievement vendor.)

Items from the bag:

qvphxkvnfpch.jpg

The ACU stuff, the emote and pet are also buyable from Mr. Knickknack. There is also a military-themed motorcycle available.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    The ACU clothing from Mr. Knickknack is different colored version of the bag items.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The ACU clothing from Mr. Knickknack is different colored version of the bag items.

I heard inklings but haven't checked myself. Good to know.

• Options
    Hmm, wasn't expecting those military items to be out so soon (but I called them coming in bag form), figured they'd be out in October.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    So the new stuff looks pretty good. Spoilered for huge.
    Military Dress Uniform
    1mcvzbl04caj.png

ACU operative
    uy5pb4ptrpkk.png

SWAT
    zxg3b9c3u8j8.png

And they added Nassir's Groove as an "emote." It's actually an inventory item- a rifle- that causes one to appear in your hands while you dance a la Nassir. :D
    n0iddiy2z95g.png

ringswraith on
  • Options
    I'm not personally feeling the military gear, but that's just because of how I prefer to dress my main character... plus the fact I got that military gear from the Flappy raid way back when.

I still bought some packs though, and got the doggie! The clothing all went to my alts.

• Options
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    That stealth mode...must have.

• Options
    I'll buy it if it's like the Frankenchopper where it unlocks for all my characters.

• Options
    No word on how exactly it'll be released. Guess we're all finding out tomorrow.

Only thing going on, on the official forums, is a "discussion" of how this thing's gonna make stealth-type missions so easy (if they're outdoors anyway).

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Detection or a screw up is usually instant death. There aren't that many where you can agro mobs and not be dead a second later.

• Options

Only thing going on, on the official forums, is a "discussion" of how this thing's gonna make stealth-type missions so easy (if they're outdoors anyway).

THe only outside stealth missions I remember is the dates one?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

Cost of Magic.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Stealth Hoverboard is out. Item Store purchase, with my GM discount it's 1440 FC points, and it's a per character purchase. (Sorry @DarkPrimus )

The stealth effect appears to last indefinitely, as long as you remain on your board. CD of two minutes. It drops aggro on those chasing you, but it also says that "most" enemies will be unable to detect you.

Riding near the portals in Agartha knocks you off the board, though.

ringswraith on
  • Options
    Stealth Hoverboard is out. Item Store purchase, with my GM discount it's 1440 FC points, and it's a per character purchase. (Sorry DarkPrimus )
    Looks like there is an account-wide option... but is it gender-locked like clothing? I see no reason why it should be.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Stealth Hoverboard is out. Item Store purchase, with my GM discount it's 1440 FC points, and it's a per character purchase. (Sorry DarkPrimus )
    Looks like there is an account-wide option... but is it gender-locked like clothing? I see no reason why it should be.

Huh. I didn't even notice that.

I don't know, honestly. Might be best to ask someone at FC first to be sure. (I went ahead and asked in the official forums.)

EDIT: Official explanation of Veil mode:

Veil-Mode lasts twenty seconds and will hide you from most enemies, but not those who ambush you or spawn as part of a mission (so missions do not break). The Hover-Tech Stealthboard can be used in all the outdoor game zones, but Veil-Mode may not be used in Fusang.

EDIT the second: Confirmed- account-wide unlock does unlock for all characters on your account, regardless of sex.

ringswraith on
  • Options
    Guess I'll pick it up after all, then! :)

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Guess I'll pick it up after all, then! :)

^_^

Fair bit of warning- apparently the option to unlock for all your characters doesn't show as a button unless you have at least that many FC points available.

• Options

Cost of Magic.

All I remember about that was the jumping....shudder

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Cost of Magic.

Yup, that's pretty much what most everyone remembers about it.

• Options

Cost of Magic.

There's two dumb jumping parts if you're trying for the Unseen achievement.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular

Cost of Magic.

Yup, that's pretty much what most everyone remembers about it.

Pffft, I love that quest. And the 'stealth' parts can be done without stealth by running real fast and knowing where the mines are. Because blowing up vampires with their own mines is hilarious.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Welp, it finally happened to me.

uSsZTjC.png

And my dog's all "Pshaw, Master's got this."

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Just started playing again, got to the second part of Kingsmouth a few years ago but never played more due to other commitments. Taking it slow this time though, playing a few missions at a time, still love the quest structure.

Is there a list of Anima Wells anywhere? Can't seem to find one but they would be handy for porting around.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Just started playing again, got to the second part of Kingsmouth a few years ago but never played more due to other commitments. Taking it slow this time though, playing a few missions at a time, still love the quest structure.

Is there a list of Anima Wells anywhere? Can't seem to find one but they would be handy for porting around.

There isn't a list, but you can search for the maps online and those will give you an idea of where they are.

And welcome back! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. :)

• Options

There isn't a list, but you can search for the maps online and those will give you an idea of where they are.

And welcome back! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. :)

Thanks! Still in the first area of Kingsmouth as I'm using a new character but forgot how good the investigation quests are.

I do have one question already, when I'm trying to craft a weapon with the materials from breaking down other items it's saying the material is too low quality. I'm guessing there are tiers of materials, so what do I do with the stuff I have?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    You take the stuff you have, and if you have enough of it you can combine it to make the next higher tier material. Can't remember how many you need for that.

In other news, I started playing again as well. Trying to remember how augments work and learning how to manage shields. But not too different, I spin around like a green weedwacker, same as always.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Hehe, welcome back @Decomposey. :)

You upgrade 5 of one tier to the next higher tier. But when you disassemble one, you only get 4 of the next lower tier. Quality tiers go from:

base
    imperfect
    normal
    sacred
    pure

So you need 5 sacred fires to make 1 pure fire, but disassembling 1 pure water only nets you 4 sacred water. The toolkits you use to assemble them into items will specify what tier of materials you need.

• Options
    Ahhhh I see, that makes sense.