Options

[Arrow] The best Batman show without Batman.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    It is a bit weird Oliver seems to live alone at the mansion without really any butlers or anything. I mean who cleans that place up?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    It is a bit weird Oliver seems to live alone at the mansion without really any butlers or anything. I mean who cleans that place up?

The Lance triplets.

• Options
    Probably Diggle.

"Fuck you Oliver, fuck you."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

on the one hand he probably doesn't want them around when thugs and assassins are breaking in to kill him and his sexy house guest and on the other hand, yeah, he probably does want them around just after thugs and assassins break in and try to kill him and his sexy house guest.

its a bit of a quandary.

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »

on the one hand he probably doesn't want them around when thugs and assassins are breaking in to kill him and his sexy house guest and on the other hand, yeah, he probably does want them around just after thugs and assassins break in and try to kill him and his sexy house guest.

its a bit of a quandary.

There really needs to be a clean up service that specifically operates to fix up places after super hero battles.

"Right wall burned down by lazer vision, and several gun shots, gotcha, 5k my boys will be by later today, yes we know you have no idea who did that and you are just an average citizen ok sure as long as the money is good."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

its a bit of a quandary.

Probably has some 24x7 maid service on speed dial. Just calls them up, says it was a wild party that got a little out of hand, now we need some body fluids cleaned out of the carpet.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular

its a bit of a quandary.

There really needs to be a clean up service that specifically operates to fix up places after super hero battles.

"Right wall burned down by lazer vision, and several gun shots, gotcha, 5k my boys will be by later today, yes we know you have no idea who did that and you are just an average citizen ok sure as long as the money is good."

In Marvel's version of New York, they have a company called Damage Control

They even had a book series for a bit

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

its a bit of a quandary.

In Marvel's version of New York, they have a company called Damage Control

They even had a book series for a bit

I remember a cameo on one of the spider-man cartoons as well, can't remember if it was spectacular or ultimate (probably ultimate :\ )

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Just looked at Green Arrow's rogues on wikipedia. Yikes. No wonder they're using different villains from the DCU. Iron Man has better villains.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    His best are Count Vertigo and Merlyn BY FAR

C list batman villains + Deathstroke work very well for him

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    pensi update;
    amanda waller = pensi

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    omg

these digglexqueen smirk and head nods

such bro

wow

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    so i wonder
    what's going to happen with this serum thing

i'm assuming slade will get injected, it will help heal his injuries, he'll become a super-soldier and then a s4 or s5 villain or pseudo-villain when he mysteriously returrrrrrnnnnnns

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I loved the minor setup references in this episode.

The love subplot is awful and I hoped it would never happen. Considering hes playing the playboy in real life, I didnt expect
    IT girl to get fucked up over him sleeping with another woman. That whole thing shaking her up made me really mad. I hated her Freudian slips at the start, but placed those as "we need some sort of comedy brought on", and didnt take it for a real thing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    i need felicity to bone summer glaus character for no reason

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

The love subplot is awful and I hoped it would never happen. Considering hes playing the playboy in real life, I didnt expect
    IT girl to get fucked up over him sleeping with another woman. That whole thing shaking her up made me really mad. I hated her Freudian slips at the start, but placed those as "we need some sort of comedy brought on", and didnt take it for a real thing.
    Felicity has been crushin' on Ollie since they first met. Girl can't get enough of Green Arrow.

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's the vibe I've been getting, too. Though given that it's the CW, I imagine that
    Felicity will probably get the Chloe treatment. Dammit.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options

Felicity has been crushin' on Ollie since they first met. Girl can't get enough of Green Arrow.

Doesn't make it any less awful
    I had just assumed they had been using it as comic relief up to this point, but I guess with Laurel not an option, there aren't really any other female regulars left for present day Ollie.

• Options
    LostNinja wrote: »

I had just assumed they had been using it as comic relief up to this point, but I guess with Laurel not an option, there aren't really any other female regulars left for present day Ollie.
    It has been for comic relief, but not completely. It makes Felicity's interactions with Ollie hilarious. Laurel is always an option - she's the designated love interest unless she's killed off. Glau's character has become a semi-love interest with the new episode and Black Canary.

• Options

It has been for comic relief, but not completely. It makes Felicity's interactions with Ollie hilarious. Laurel is always an option - she's the designated love interest unless she's killed off. Glau's character has become a semi-love interest with the new episode and Black Canary.
    I. Would be extremely happy if they would stick with Glau's character (if only so she can get more screen time). I guess I just hope Laurel isn't an option because they finally are realizing all the fans hate her. And I feel like BC has to wait until further along in the series to be one because aren't they a thing in the comics?(not a comic reader, just familiar from other media like Young Justice)

• Options
    I. Would be extremely happy if they would stick with Glau's character (if only so she can get more screen time). I guess I just hope Laurel isn't an option because they finally are realizing all the fans hate her. And I feel like BC has to wait until further along in the series to be one because aren't they a thing in the comics?(not a comic reader, just familiar from other media like Young Justice)
    I'd prefer they kill Laurel off unless she gets interesting real soon. Black Canary is GA's "Lois" in the comics, the show has split her into two people - Laurel and Sarah. She's Dinah in the comics. BC in Young Justice and Justice League Unlimited are excellent representations of the character and her relationship with GA. Maybe Sarah is their fail safe in case they want to ax Laurel from the show?

• Options
    Really, I'm more curious as to what Duggle found when he Binged H.I.V.E..
    Also, how he knew it was an acronym, instead of just the word "Hive".

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    see317 wrote: »

sort of comic spoilers, which are not reliable because olol cannon and reboots, and this show not always following
    its a evil league of evil. one of their big guns is death stroke. DS is a merc, and in the comics wouldnt work for them because they wouldn't pay him up front, so they did shit to his kid to make him comply and go after the teen titans. They orchestrate kills and terrorist attacks.

It is not something BING would fucking return.

edit: quotes and spoilers cover it: were talking about what got "binged" at the end of the episode.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317 wrote: »

sort of comic spoilers, which are not reliable because olol cannon and reboots, and this show not always following
    its a evil league of evil. one of their big guns is death stroke. DS is a merc, and in the comics wouldnt work for them because they wouldn't pay him up front, so they did shit to his kid to make him comply and go after the teen titans. They orchestrate kills and terrorist attacks.

It is not something BING would fucking return.
    Yeah, I knew they are a pretty standard group of badguys thing (though my knowledge goes only to the Teen Titans cartoon, so...).
    Just that, in universe, you'd think such a crowd wouldn't have much of a net presence. And if they did, you'd think it would require something more then a quick search engine query to find.
    I mean, you can't exactly google "killers for hire" and expect reliable results. At least, I don't think you can. Pretty certain that I wouldn't trust a hired killer with a face book page or a twitter account.
    Of course, that still doesn't clarify how he knew that it was an acronym. Maybe it's just his military past where everything is an acronym though.

Really, given the show so far, I'd think it much more likely that he would have given the name to Felicity and she would dig stuff up on them using her magic Microsoft technology powers.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

I think people are misreading this. Wasn't it just that Felicity really doesn't like her?

• Options

I think people are misreading this. Wasn't it just that Felicity really doesn't like her?
    i thought this might be the case until the last scene where he gave her the whole "I can't be with someone I would actually like spiel.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Except wouldn't that still be Laurel?

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

Listen what's the point of help if you actually have to you know, see them?

I mean aside from the occasional curtsy to show off to your guests how well behaved they are

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    So that was a good episode.

Completely coincidentally Laurel was the only cast member not in the episode.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    And Felicity wanting Oliver to shoot arrows into her quiver has been clear from day one.

Kind of nice that Isabel points out the obvious implications of Felicity being bounced from the IT department to personal secretary. I had been waiting for the show address that point

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    More Suicide Squad refs getting dropped all over. Also interestingly in one iteration spoilers for the end of the ep.

Brother Blood ran HIVE so there is a connection between the people who killed diggles brother and our creepy masked friend.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    "I never miss."

Um

Might want to check your record there, Deadshot.

• Options
    Deadshot must be the single worst dead beat dad in the world. Think about it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    This has been a really really good episode this week. Also Diggle's arms are huge.

Stuff in spoilers:
    First H.I.V.E. being mentioned isn't a surprise with Brother Blood. Though he is an interesting leader I feel they might be as connected as we think.

We also have the League of Assassins and Ras.

We also have the Evil League of Evil with Ivo.

Lots of big bads. Though I think Blood is this season's big bad overall.

Also Ollie+Summer Glau that is a sandwich I would be like to get in between.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    This has been a really really good episode this week. Also Diggle's arms are huge.

Stuff in spoilers:
    First H.I.V.E. being mentioned isn't a surprise with Brother Blood. Though he is an interesting leader I feel they might be as connected as we think.

We also have the League of Assassins and Ras.

We also have the Evil League of Evil with Ivo.

Lots of big bads. Though I think Blood is this season's big bad overall.

Also Felicity+Summer Glau that is a sandwich I would be like to get in between.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    HEY GUYS
    DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THAT CONTROVERSIAL PARTICLE ACCELERATOR?!

Pony on
  • Options
    Pony wrote: »
    HEY GUYS

I appreciated the foreshadowing at first, but it is getting a bit heavy handed at this point.
    like why did Felicity have to pull him out of a meeting to watch the news talk about something that they've been talking about for around three episodes now.

• Options
    Pony wrote: »
    HEY GUYS

I appreciated the foreshadowing at first, but it is getting a bit heavy handed at this point.
    like why did Felicity have to pull him out of a meeting to watch the news talk about something that they've been talking about for around three episodes now.
    She knows the Flash is getting a spin-off. Its very meta.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    That said,
    If the particle accelerator has nothing to do with the Flash and is instead an entirely different plot that will be a crazy swerve and I will tip my hat to the writers

This discussion has been closed.