As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hearthstone: I hear you got a problem...

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i mean my mage deck is like

2x arcane missiles
    1x mirror image
    1x mana wyrm
    2x frostbolt
    2x kobold geomancer
    2x novice engineer
    2x arcane intellect
    1x cone of cold
    1x counterspell
    2x dalaran mage
    1x harvest golem
    1x shattered sun cleric
    2x fireball
    2x polymorph
    2x dark iron dwarf
    2x water elemental
    1x blizzard
    1x fen creeper
    2x flamestrike

it has a nice balance of good cheap 'pay for themselves' minions, good strong 4 drops with buffs and spells to keep offensive pressure on

i feel like i need 1 or 2 more taunters though

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2013
    Beasteh is not totally incorrect here. While I think knowing what the opponent can cast for spells and creatures is a key part of being a good player, allowing offense to pick defenders makes it incredibly difficult to do anything about a bad hand outside of waiting to lose or killer topdecks. I feel that's why constructed is becoming increasingly focus on aggro: you're relying on a good hand in a control deck whereas an aggro deck is more likely to get the solid opening minions it needs to wreck you.

Compare this to Magic where you can least plop down a wall or fattie to buy yourself some time.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    i never played magic but it looks like mage is red except it doesn't suck

am i wrong in assuming this

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    @beasteh Craft some shield masters

also aggro is favored ATM because it beats many of the previously top tier decks

I'm not sure why you think it's easier for an aggro deck to get a better hand than a control deck?

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    i dont understand these terms i only picked up the game last night!!!!! please explain

• Options
    and ive had several instances where even mulliganing has left me with a bunch of 4+ cost cards on turn 1 which SUCKS

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    The rest of the post was at Rorus

make 2 senjin shieldmastas, 4 mana 3/5 taunt

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    You need to craft cards/get packs. Even 4-5 packs make a huge difference.

Just doing the tutorials and basic stuff should get you at least enough fodder to make some Decent Cards

and yeah Mage encompasses certain aspects of the red deck

I'm getting my ass handed to me in 3 star silver right now. It's pretty sad.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    i hate players who slowly and deliberately do every single thing and always wait until the very last second to make their move

come the fuck on it takes me at the most 10 seconds

Beasteh on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

Red doesn't suck in magic though. "Red Deck Wins" has been a prominent and consistent deck archetype in Magic for a long time.

• Options
    Mage is like izzet kind of

but with enough burn to do all your health

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    also beasteh i would take out kobold/dalaran mage and get some on curve creatures like acidic ooze/chill ass yeti

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    one of my friends from small times was bragging to me about how his hunter deck was undefeated so he challenged me and i beat him with like 20 health

then he started crying about how bullshit and op mage is and i was emot-allears.gif

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Druid has removal spells, what are you talking about in the OP? Aside from all the nukes, they have naturalize and I think one other thing I can't recall the name of right now as straight-up "destroy that creature" cards.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    iZFXPcV.jpg

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

also aggro is favored ATM because it beats many of the previously top tier decks

I'm not sure why you think it's easier for an aggro deck to get a better hand than a control deck?

because aggro decks generally have many more low cost creatures so they are much more likely to get an opening hand they can play right away, I think.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

because aggro decks generally have many more low cost creatures so they are much more likely to get an opening hand they can play right away, I think.
    does a control deck not have the same chances of drawing cards to help them control the early game...?

like unless you've got rag and ysera in your hand...

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Druid has removal spells, what are you talking about in the OP? Aside from all the nukes, they have naturalize and I think one other thing I can't recall the name of right now as straight-up "destroy that creature" cards.
    also the choose cards are actually costed below the power of either choice normally

because class cards have to be op

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    How do you figure out your blizzard tag?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KazitronKazitron Registered User regular
    Just click your username in the top right corner of the battle net launcher, it'll spawn a pop-up

• Options
    Ok I'm Chinchy#1933 if anyone wants to hearth up some stones

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Oghulk#1699

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Feriluce wrote: »
    I haven't been able to play this as much as I'd like recently as I'm having computer issues. I really like the game though, and hope it comes to the Kindle Fire HD as that's my current tablet and would love to be able to play it on that.

Are Fire's Android based?

They are, but not everything that the android gets goes to Kindle. I believe the software doesn't update much from whatever version it has at release.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    LordAsmodeus#1128

My main magic deck (okay basically my only magic deck, or at least the only one I had that was even halfway decent) was a red/black burn/lifesteal deck. I should probably play Mage more than I do. I know I absolutely hate fighting them. They're so goddamn hateful.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    If anyone has an extra key lying around I'd appreciate it

Full disclosure I already have one and told my roommate I'd ask here for him

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

this is not really comparable to magic being a few mechanical similarities

at best, you can view it kinda like http://mtg.wikia.com/wiki/EDH

• Options
    i really really wish i hadn't gotten to diamond level

cause i don't think unranked and ranked make any difference in opponent choice and it fucking sucks

• Options
    ranked and unranked use a different elo score

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Do you never downrank as it is right now?
    I don't know where I am on a scale of Evil Woman to Mr. Blue Sky, but I won a bunch of times with my Warlock deck before becoming super crappy with every other class

mkc.png
  • Options
    it is so stupid that there is region locking in this

• Options
    still having so much of an easier time with my rogue and mage than my pally

Loving the rogue

• Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    Oh hey, we have a proper thread now. My ID is BlueMap#1493 if anyone wants to play some games sometime.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    Absolutely Blue Map!

I'll be on later tonight

Also: Druid is fun

Naturalize is actually a pretty good card despite how scary it seems at first

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    gimme yr keys

• Options
    Absolutely Blue Map!

I'll be on later tonight

Also: Druid is fun

Naturalize is actually a pretty good card despite how scary it seems at first

I really like Druids and Paladins cause they're very heavy buff classes.

I think I may stop my Paladin for now and play around with Druid more. I don't have the cards really to make a viable and secure Paladin set

• Options
    i lurv paladins. most of my good cards are pally cards. trying to build a good warlock set too

knocking on the doorstep for gold rating

• Options
    trying a mage secret deck

bait out the removals early then bring in the ethereal arcanists with a bunch of taunters and clean up

also secrets are hilarious mind games

• Options
    im up to platinum! my warlock deck is clicking

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    counterspelling pyroblast is good

This discussion has been closed.