As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hearthstone: I hear you got a problem...

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Wait, I got Blood Imp mixed up with Flame Imps.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    arcane missiles and mad bomber are good ways to hit the blood imp

flame imps are... something else. so good :s

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    You know I wonder if imps and goblins are related. I also sort of hope they branch out and do more minion types (like beast, dragon, etc.) so there can be more theme decks based around a kind of minion.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Good games earlier Lord_Asmodeus. I had some pretty incredible top luck.

I'm Doom#1520 btw. I added everyone that posted their tags but don't think I posted my own.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    hmm just faced 3 mages in a row with malygos + 2x pyroblast

i think im done with constructed for a while

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    God fucking DAMNIT Arena, give me a Hunter or a Mage or a Warlock. Throw me a fuckin' bone here cmon!

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    God fucking DAMNIT Arena, give me a Hunter or a Mage or a Warlock. Throw me a fuckin' bone here cmon!

What are your options

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    I hate that I can't concede without it adding a "well fought" emote even it was a bullshit loss
    Stop forcing me to be civil, Blizzard
    Depends on the class. Warrior basically gives them the finger and activates the self-destruct system.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013

What are your options
    It was like Druid Shaman Warrior and then Druid Rogue Shaman, I chose Shaman both times which may have been a mistake, but I really prefer the Shaman to the other 3.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    take Druid or rogue, they have a direct dmg hero power

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options

What are your options
    It was like Druid Shaman Warrior and then Druid Rogue Shaman, I chose Shaman both times which may have been a mistake, but I really prefer the Shaman to the other 3.

Yeah Rogue and Druid are both better in Arena

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i am extremely weary of having to face people with full crafted decks

blizzards professional matchmaking had my level 6 rogue face a priest with multiple legendaries and a ton of premium priest cards

• Options
    you can also take warrior and hope for gorehowl but it's a hard life having the worst hero power

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    warlock is my favorite because their cards are purple.

Also it took me like 10 games to realize that deal 2 heal 2 is not MIN MAX enough

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    Warlock owns

I am best at paladin but I don't enjoy it very much

Hunter is boring

Mage is tricky

I suck at priest

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    you can also take warrior and hope for gorehowl but it's a hard life having the worst hero power

ya know, this is pretty arguable seeing as how the armor is basically just health, but without a top-end

i mean, as far as i'm aware there isn't anything that absolutely deletes the armor, aside from Alexstrasza, but even that doesn't make a difference with it

• Options
    ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    warrior's ability is the only one that cannot have any effect on the board situation whatsoever, which makes it decidedly the worst

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »

ya know, this is pretty arguable seeing as how the armor is basically just health, but without a top-end

i mean, as far as i'm aware there isn't anything that absolutely deletes the armor, aside from Alexstrasza, but even that doesn't make a difference with it
    health is trash

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular

With the current set of warrior cards it isn't really an argument for arena, you can't base your game plan around living off armor, even if it is powerful. Because there aren't enough cheap armor cards + the ability to make it consistent. Even in constructed.

Which sucks, because it is a good mechanic, but you are up against things like Ice barrier when you are talking who has the best armor options

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Warrior armor is to offset the fact that their removal comes in weapon form mostly. You can expect to get several weapons even in arena.

Mage armor is just a bad card.

Worst hero power for arena is hunter imo. That also has no board effect, not even indirectly like warrior.

• Options
    hunter's hero power can be built around in a very general sense, basically you draft an aggro deck

warrior's is like, did you get the overpowered weapons? if so great, if not you lose!

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    As we get more expansions hopefully Blizzard will release more cards that play off a Warrior's low health and high armor. That'd boost it up a bit.

Shit like:
    Shield Wall - Give your armor value to all your minions as added health for 1 turn.
    Berserker Rage - Attack a minion, the damage is equal to life you've lost.

• Options
    titan's grip - equip two weapons at once?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    bladestorm - deal weapon damage to all enemies over 2 rounds

• Options
    arcane blast - 1 mana 1 damage, return it to your hand after and increase cost by 1

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    oh that ones good (should increase damage as well as cost, combo with arcane barrage to deal more damage with higher stacks)

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Oh, we're creating cards?

Staff of Jordan - 0/1 Weapon (for Mages, Warlocks, Priests), Spellpower +1

lBmjPyam.png

Grobian on
  • Options
    hG8oGHA.png

this deck OWNS i am winning so many plat 3 games with it

quoting this because it showcases my absolute favourite version of aggro, trading up

there are so many ways to do this with the death rattles and cheap good minions in this deck

you dont really want to attack my leper gnomes/acolytes because they give me card advantage/put pressure on you

but you DO want to attack them because if you don't, i am buffing them up and giving them taunt

meanwhile i am slamming fireballs into your face and keeping the board clear

• Options
    Maaan

Where'd you get a thalmos

• Options
    Grobian wrote: »

lBmjPyam.png

Nope nope nope

There are already very few ways to remove a weapon, I don't think classes who don't use one should have this card sitting there providing them a very large benefit that you aren't prepared to do anything about

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to play around with a warrior deck. Es difficult and I may end up going back to Paladin, but for now I'm stickin' it out

And while I agree warrior hero power can't directly affect the board, I've found the Paladin's hero power to be just as bad in most circumstances

• Options
    I'm trying to play around with a warrior deck. Es difficult and I may end up going back to Paladin, but for now I'm stickin' it out

And while I agree warrior hero power can't directly affect the board, I've found the Paladin's hero power to be just as bad in most circumstances

It can help against control decks purely from a "I need to keep dumping guys onto the board until he can't kill all of them" perspective

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    the paladin hero power is like the shaman hero power except way worse

• Options

lBmjPyam.png

Nope nope nope

There are already very few ways to remove a weapon, I don't think classes who don't use one should have this card sitting there providing them a very large benefit that you aren't prepared to do anything about

Well, the expansion that adds weapons for caster classes could also add more weapon removal. Silence is on multiple creatures, why not spread the Ooze effect around some more, too?

And maybe give Rogues/Warriors Disarm or something
    cnY6f8M6.png

• Options
    Maaan

Where'd you get a thalmos

same pack i got a pyroblast, its like god himself wanted me to main mage

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    the paladin hero power is like the shaman hero power except way worse

eh i'd rather have a guaranteed 1/1 that i can do shit with than 'maybe its what i need but it probably won't be'

• Options
    Are other people able to get on? There's scheduled maintenance and I can't connect to Battle.net

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    This game needs a spectate function. Lemme watch people on my friends list get crushed in Arena please.

RNG dealt me a serious blow yesterday giving me an arena deck without a single flamestrike or poly. Went 2-3 which I was pretty happy with considering the trash I had assembled.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular

lBmjPyam.png

That weapon should be 1/3 and have the rules text "Loses 1 durability whenever you cast a spell that damages or heals"

• Options
    I'd be ok with it then

It shouldn't be able to stick around indefinitely

This discussion has been closed.